PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone else think that possibly

G Wolly
11-15-2007, 03:54 PM
The Lynch "injury" update is just a mental strategy against the Pats?

Obviously they have multiple veteran all-stars and easily win the physical game.

Is it possible that Dick is just trying to fool Billy into thinking they'll have an easy night in Buffalo without our star RB, when in fact we WILL have Lynch in the lineup and they would be slightly affected?

Kerr
11-15-2007, 03:57 PM
I hope you're on to something. If anything, it'll be a game time decision. Hopefully Lynch can play.

G Wolly
11-15-2007, 04:00 PM
I hope you're on to something. If anything, it'll be a game time decision. Hopefully Lynch can play.

I've noticed a few people here in the zone as well as people I've talked to believe this could be just a trick, trying to mislead the Pats into hopefully overlooking us even more than they already were.

SABuffalo786
11-15-2007, 04:06 PM
I doubt it, Jauron's a pretty straight shooter.

HHURRICANE
11-15-2007, 04:57 PM
No, he's injured.

B-DON
11-15-2007, 05:15 PM
I was honestly thinking this from the beginning. I still say he plays for sure. You cant call yourself a beast if you sit out this one after dancing on the sidelines.

mayotm
11-15-2007, 06:26 PM
Unfortunately, I don't think we have a chance with or without Lynch. I'd rather he be healthy for the Jacksonville game. Coming off a likely loss to NE, the Jacksonville game is a must win.

Ickybaluky
11-15-2007, 07:24 PM
The Lynch "injury" update is just a mental strategy against the Pats?

The only problem with this scenario is the Pats will prepare for him to play. He hasn't been ruled out, and they have been talking about him all week. They expect him to play.

It isn't like they would see him on the field on Sunday and be like, "where did come from? Can they use him? Not Fair!"

Ed
11-15-2007, 07:58 PM
I was honestly thinking this from the beginning. I still say he plays for sure. You cant call yourself a beast if you sit out this one after dancing on the sidelines.

As someone who's suffered a few sport related sprains, the pain and soreness can be a lot worse the day after the injury then right after it happens when your adrenalin is still going and it hasn't had as much time to swell and get stiff.

Sprains are tough. Lynch could end up missing a few weeks, let alone the Pats game.

I think the idea that Dick is trying to fool people is some major wishful thinking. Don't get your hopes up.

YardRat
11-15-2007, 11:33 PM
The league frowns on misuse of the injury report. Belicheck or Shanahan, maybe both, have been called on it before.

Charlieguide
11-16-2007, 12:37 AM
The league frowns on misuse of the injury report. Belicheck or Shanahan, maybe both, have been called on it before.

Brady is listed as Questionable every week.

YardRat
11-16-2007, 05:26 AM
Brady is listed as Questionable every week.

Not this week...

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=139789

mybills
11-16-2007, 06:34 AM
Not this week...

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=139789
Maybe they finally got "called on it" after 9 weeks. :up:

Lynch is injured and most likely won't play Sunday. Trent on the other hand, is probably a made up injury to cover a bad decision. I still believe that he was never hurt in the Jets game...well, maybe just his pride. :;

Anyway, NE prepares for all of the rb's, including Lynch who is listed as doubtful. He's better off resting for the Jax game.

SquishDaFish
11-16-2007, 06:37 AM
Brady usually has to be listed as questionable. If a player misses that day of practice he has to be listed. And Bellicheat always rests Brady during the week so he has to list him.

acehole
11-16-2007, 07:26 AM
The only problem with this scenario is the Pats will prepare for him to play. He hasn't been ruled out, and they have been talking about him all week. They expect him to play.

It isn't like they would see him on the field on Sunday and be like, "where did come from? Can they use him? Not Fair!"

The PAts are the last team to cry foul!

acehole
11-16-2007, 07:28 AM
Funny you say that. I watched that game last night and I did not see how he got hurt.

Maybe they finally got "called on it" after 9 weeks. :up:

Lynch is injured and most likely won't play Sunday. Trent on the other hand, is probably a made up injury to cover a bad decision. I still believe that he was never hurt in the Jets game...well, maybe just his pride. :;

Anyway, NE prepares for all of the rb's, including Lynch who is listed as doubtful. He's better off resting for the Jax game.

Ickybaluky
11-16-2007, 09:45 AM
Brady usually has to be listed as questionable. If a player misses that day of practice he has to be listed. And Bellicheat always rests Brady during the week so he has to list him.

Your reasoning is correct, but his status is always 'probable", not "questionable", always due to his right shoulder. He has been listed as 'probable' on the injury report for 4+ years now.

This week's injury reports are here:

LINK (http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/injuries)

PECKERWOOD
11-16-2007, 02:16 PM
I'm sure the Patriots are preparing for Lynch to play in Sunday's game, it would be foolish of them not to.

HiHat31
11-16-2007, 02:51 PM
Lynch is "doubtful". He is wearing a boot on his leg. He's hurt. Pretty badly hurt, too. He is NOT playing this week. There is no trickery, no hiding.

I don't understand why so many people have simply refused to believe the seriousness of Marshawn's injury. On many different boards, all week, fans have been talking "conspriracy". It makes no sense.

The kid is injured. Let's just hope he can come back and play in a FEW weeks, at the least.

We have to face facts, people. We have to do this without ML. I say, throw all caution to the wind, have JP go no huddle, and throw, throw, throw. And just maybe we can shock the world.

GO BILLS!

justasportsfan
11-16-2007, 02:52 PM
I doubt it, Jauron's a pretty straight shooter.
not when it comes to the qb situation.

PECKERWOOD
11-16-2007, 06:42 PM
Lynch is "doubtful". He is wearing a boot on his leg. He's hurt. Pretty badly hurt, too. He is NOT playing this week. There is no trickery, no hiding.

I don't understand why so many people have simply refused to believe the seriousness of Marshawn's injury. On many different boards, all week, fans have been talking "conspriracy". It makes no sense.

The kid is injured. Let's just hope he can come back and play in a FEW weeks, at the least.

We have to face facts, people. We have to do this without ML. I say, throw all caution to the wind, have JP go no huddle, and throw, throw, throw. And just maybe we can shock the world.

GO BILLS!

Despite everything you said I guarantee that Belichick prepared for the Bills with and without Lynch in the lineup. I just can't see one of the greatest detail oriented head coaches of all time refusing to plan for one of our biggest offensive weapons. I doubt he would risk it at all.

shelby
11-16-2007, 07:25 PM
The impressive rookie, who ranks fifth in the NFL with 751 rushing yards, sat out practice Wednesday with what coach Dick Jauron termed a "very sore" ankle. Jauron did not sound enthusiastic about Lynch's chances of suiting up for the Sunday night showdown against the NFL's best team.

"I would say we're not overly optimistic," said Jauron, who did not confirm the severity of the sprain, which occurred with two minutes left in last Sunday's 13-10 victory over Miami.
Lynch picked up a tough three yards to convert a critical first down that helped position the Bills for Rian Lindell's winning field goal. But on the play he was bent backward and his left foot got caught underneath him. He was helped off the field and did not return. After the game he said, "I'll be fine," but he was clearly limping, and he wasn't even at practice Wednesday or available for comment afterward.

Jauron did not rule out the possibility that the injury might keep Lynch out for more than one game, though he added, "We've all seen things happen real fast and people heal fast, particularly when they're that young. We'll hope and see what happens, but if he can't go, we'll go on to our other three guys, and we like them all.''

It's a nice fantasy, but we may be without Lynch for several weeks.
full story (http://www.democratandchronicle.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071115/SPORTS03/711150343/1007/SPORTS)

Oaf
11-16-2007, 08:57 PM
Dick is usually a, ahem, straight shooter. I don't see it happening. Lynch may still play, but it will come as a mild surprise to Dick as well.