PDA

View Full Version : If Bills are to pull off the upset...

G Wolly
11-15-2007, 04:07 PM
Patriots QB Tom Brady vs. Bills DE Aaron Schobel

Through nine games, Brady is playing as good as any quarterback I can ever remember -- but playing Sunday night in Buffalo will pose a problem for Brady on two fronts: Wind might be a factor in the passing game, and the crowd can make it tough. There's not much that Brady can do about the wind, but if he can get off to a fast start it would certainly help keep the crowd under control.

Of course, New England has gotten off to a fast start in almost every game it has played this season. For that reason, Schobel needs to be a factor early. Schobel has 11 career sacks against New England, the most he's had against any team. It wouldn't shock me at all to see the Bills win this game and hand the Patriots their first loss of the season, but the emotional Schobel needs to get off the line and either get to Brady or force him into errant throws. If the Patriots get off to a fast start, it will be hard for Buffalo to play from behind. But if the Bills can get ahead or keep it close, this game will be similar to the Dallas-Buffalo game from earlier in the season, and the crowd will be a factor.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story;jsessionid=C73D37231216BBB5D7BDCD9333C1694C?id=09000d5d8042fc6b&template=without-video&confirm=true

evol4276
11-15-2007, 04:14 PM
but brady is cool in the pocket! well.. that is, because he never has to worry about a pass rush. until it comes, then u see how "cool" he really is. yea he won last week but look how bad even the indy pass rush made him look and seem to make him look a lot. its simple. get pressure on him and he'll start playing less cocky. its easier said than done tho since they have an excellent o-line

DynaPaul
11-15-2007, 06:23 PM
This is one of those games where Schobel needs to step up and earn his paycheck.

YardRat
11-15-2007, 06:26 PM
I think the LB's are the key to this game. They need to be stout against the run, quick-reacting to the pass, and get to Brady when (if?) we send more than four guys.

Kerr
11-15-2007, 07:05 PM
Agreed. Schobel and co. need to keep the pressure on brady throughout to have any chance. Our secondary has played well, but they'll get burned by brady if there's no consistent pass rush.