PDA

View Full Version : John Clayton - hatin as usual

The Answer
11-15-2007, 06:12 PM
What an assclown. Sad thing is he will probably end up being right:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=clayton_john&page=1stand10/07week11

7. Buffalo at New England: NBC either struck gold or made a programming blunder. The Patriots might be going for an unbeaten season, but this is only Week 11. They are coming off a bye. NBC decided to dump Chicago-Seattle for this potential blowout.

The Bills probably won't have Marshawn Lynch (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?statsId=8266) in the backfield because of a bad ankle. In Week 10, the Bills struggled to put up 13 points on the winless Dolphins. This has the makings of a 41-10 game, which doesn't make for compelling television The only drama in this one will be if the Patriots try to run up the score.

~The Answer

YardRat
11-15-2007, 06:15 PM
I hope we kick their asses. ****ers.

OpIv37
11-15-2007, 06:16 PM
how is that "hatin"? We did struggle against the Fish and we are missing our best player. And the Pats already blew us out once this year. Everything he said is true.

The Answer
11-15-2007, 06:24 PM
how is that "hatin"? We did struggle against the Fish and we are missing our best player. And the Pats already blew us out once this year. Everything he said is true.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/dr_z/11/14/rankings.part2/index.html

Buffalo Bills (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/nfl/teams/bills/) (5-4)

I know, you all think it's hopeless against the Patriots on Sunday. New England has won its last three in Buffalo, scoring 28 or more each time. And when the teams met in September, it was Pats, 38-7. All I can say in rebuttal is remember the Buffalo-Dallas game. Folks up there get feisty when constantly reminded how bad things are.

~The Answer

OpIv37
11-15-2007, 06:27 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/dr_z/11/14/rankings.part2/index.html

Buffalo Bills (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/nfl/teams/bills/) (5-4)

I know, you all think it's hopeless against the Patriots on Sunday. New England has won its last three in Buffalo, scoring 28 or more each time. And when the teams met in September, it was Pats, 38-7. All I can say in rebuttal is remember the Buffalo-Dallas game. Folks up there get feisty when constantly reminded how bad things are.

~The Answer

Was I the only one who watched the last 20 seconds of the Dallas game? We LOST!!! LOST LOST LOST!

How is a LOSS an example of how we can beat the Patriots (especially when the team we lost to proved that they're inferior to the Patriots)?

Only Bills fans who have accepted mediocrity use "almost victories" as positive examples. I hate that defeatist attitude- "we almost didn't lose so it was a good game." Give me a ****ing break.

Buffatexas
11-15-2007, 06:39 PM
Was I the only one who watched the last 20 seconds of the Dallas game? We LOST!!! LOST LOST LOST!

How is a LOSS an example of how we can beat the Patriots (especially when the team we lost to proved that they're inferior to the Patriots)?

Only Bills fans who have accepted mediocrity use "almost victories" as positive examples. I hate that defeatist attitude- "we almost didn't lose so it was a good game." Give me a ****ing break.

No, for the billionth time, you were not the only one who watched it. All he is trying to say is that things can get rough for the Pats because of the way we are when it comes to adversity. He did not say we would win because of it. Only that it "could be" a factor.

How can you say that nothing at all positive came out of the dallas game? Yeah we lost, so what. You cannot sit there and tell me that you deny that the team did not at least grow because of it.

Losing sucks, being spoiled in the early 90's ruined us on this current edition of this team but damn bro, throw in some good points when making your bad ones for a change.

The Answer
11-15-2007, 06:41 PM

The Answer feels your anger and frustration OP - but consider it took a freakin miracle (and some horrible coaching) for Dallas to beat us - the same team that is 8 - 1 and blowing out everybody they've played except for the Pats who handed them their only loss. They look to be well on their way to the superbowl in the NFC.

With Lynch we would have been able to hang with the Pats but it might be a lot tougher now.

~The Answer

OpIv37
11-15-2007, 06:47 PM
No, for the billionth time, you were not the only one who watched it. All he is trying to say is that things can get rough for the Pats because of the way we are when it comes to adversity. He did not say we would win because of it. Only that it "could be" a factor.

How can you say that nothing at all positive came out of the dallas game? Yeah we lost, so what. You cannot sit there and tell me that you deny that the team did not at least grow because of it.

Losing sucks, being spoiled in the early 90's ruined us on this current edition of this team but damn bro, throw in some good points when making your bad ones for a change.

the Dallas game is the worst loss I can remember, and I was at the 2004 finale against Pittsburgh.

It was our chance to prove something- our chance to win a big game for the first time in easily 6 years, and we failed. Miserably.

Nothing good comes out of an epic collapse.

Mitchy moo
11-15-2007, 06:48 PM
The Answer feels your anger and frustration OP - but consider it took a freakin miracle (and some horrible coaching) for Dallas to beat us - the same team that is 8 - 1 and blowing out everybody they've played except for the Pats who handed them their only loss. They look to be well on their way to the superbowl in the NFC.

With Lynch we would have been able to hang with the Pats but it might be a lot tougher now.

~The Answer

I want to play the cowboys one more time this season, on the last game. That would be quite a headline and a real good time for our revenge.

SABuffalo786
11-15-2007, 06:50 PM

I'd tell you you're missing the trees for the we-have-a-young-injury-decimated-team-in-the-wild-card-hunt forest but I wouldn't want to intrude on your little bubble on perpetual misery.

Carry on.

OpIv37
11-15-2007, 06:57 PM
I'd tell you you're missing the trees for the we-have-a-young-injury-decimated-team-in-the-wild-card-hunt forest but I wouldn't want to intrude on your little bubble on perpetual misery.

Carry on.

how does any of that change the fact that we lost a game where we caused 6 turnovers and had an 8 point lead with 2 minutes left?

"good despite injuries" is not the same as "good".

and if you think this is going to hold up when we play the Pats, Jags, Browns and Skins instead of the Jets, Ravens and Dolphins, you're kidding yourself.

Philagape
11-15-2007, 07:03 PM
The Dallas game is even worse than an almost-win. It's a we-were-winning-but-blew-it-in-an-infuriating-outrageous-inexcusable-way-in-the-last-minute loss.

OpIv37
11-15-2007, 07:08 PM
The Dallas game is even worse than an almost-win. It's a we-were-winning-but-blew-it-in-an-infuriating-outrageous-inexcusable-way-in-the-last-minute loss.

no, you're wrong.

We didn't get blown out, so it was a good game.

:rolleyes:

Mitchy moo
11-15-2007, 07:17 PM
no, you're wrong.

OP, we lost the dallas game and it's a deep wound. Does everyone understand that now, everyone?? Great.

We our on a 4 game winning streak and need to beat a great team for #5, new focus / new team to beat.

Philagape
11-15-2007, 07:24 PM
no, you're wrong.

Yeah, I went home with a big smile and warm fuzzies that night ....

ParanoidAndroid
11-15-2007, 07:54 PM
The Bills' D also held their own against a pretty nasty Cinci offense. The thing is, how much more inconsistent can the offense be? The Pats defense is not making many mistakes. I just don't see how a meltdown by Tony Romo with a 3 point effort by the offense gives us a better chance to win this week.

El Guapo
11-15-2007, 08:55 PM
the Dallas game is the worst loss I can remember, and I was at the 2004 finale against Pittsburgh.

It was our chance to prove something- our chance to win a big game for the first time in easily 6 years, and we failed. Miserably.

The worse loss you can remember? Worse than the Pitt game you refer to?

Damn, Op, I feel for you. No positive can come from that loss? You are so freakin negative there is no hope. You would find fault in the Pats season right now, wouldn't you? "Brady is not stepping into his passes like he should." "Moss is catching the passes one-handed -- if he were a real player, he would always have both hands on the ball." The towel boy didn't get the rag to Jesus in Cleats soon enough.

Give me a break. I am tired of your whining. If you hate this team so much, go post on the Pats or Cowboy site. And don't give us the "I care for this team, that's why I am so critical" bull****. You never say anything positive.

You want a worse loss? How about the first SB? the second? The third? Maybe the fourth. What about the Jets, opening weekend, on the kickoff in OT? I could go on, but I won't. To say the Dallas game was the worse loss is ****ing crazy. Maybe for you, but then again, you are a football God who should be coaching the Bills because you are so freakin' smart. If you were the coach, we would be undefeated and if we weren't, it would be RW's fault, not your own.

Give me a break.

OpIv37
11-15-2007, 08:58 PM
OP, we lost the dallas game and it's a deep wound. Does everyone understand that now, everyone?? Great.

We our on a 4 game winning streak and need to beat a great team for #5, new focus / new team to beat.

For once, I agree with you.

But other people keep bringing it up as if we did something great because we didn't get blown out. I'd be perfectly willing to let it go if people didn't insist on trying to use an embarrassing loss as a positive example.

OpIv37
11-15-2007, 09:02 PM
The worse loss you can remember? Worse than the Pitt game you refer to?

Damn, Op, I feel for you. No positive can come from that loss? You are so freakin negative there is no hope. You would find fault in the Pats season right now, wouldn't you? "Brady is not stepping into his passes like he should." "Moss is catching the passes one-handed -- if he were a real player, he would always have both hands on the ball." The towel boy didn't get the rag to Jesus in Cleats soon enough.

Give me a break. I am tired of your whining. If you hate this team so much, go post on the Pats or Cowboy site. And don't give us the "I care for this team, that's why I am so critical" bull****. You never say anything positive.

You want a worse loss? How about the first SB? the second? The third? Maybe the fourth. What about the Jets, opening weekend, on the kickoff in OT? I could go on, but I won't. To say the Dallas game was the worse loss is ****ing crazy. Maybe for you, but then again, you are a football God who should be coaching the Bills because you are so freakin' smart. If you were the coach, we would be undefeated and if we weren't, it would be RW's fault, not your own.

Give me a break.

Fine, it was the worst recent loss. Happy now?

The Jets loss was early in the season and not a national game and not against a quality opponent- it was a collapse but not nearly on the scale of the Dallas collapse.

And I think this loss is worse than the Pitt game because we were never in the Pitt game. We were in this game to the bitter end- it would have been our first big victory in years, and we blew it in the most unlikely of fashions. I don't remember ever being more frustrated with this team because this team rarely gets that close to pulling off the big one.

My point is that the Dallas game is just one more disheartening loss in a whole series for this team. I'm really ****ing sick of people bringing it up as some kind of positive example as if we did something right simply because we didn't get blown out. It's ridiculous. That game was a crushing defeat and there was nothing good about it.

I don't know why I have to keep saying this, but this team has done nothing but lose since this message board has been in existence. So I don't know why everyone thinks they're some kind of expert on how I'd act if this team was actually winning. Stop assuming things that you don't know **** about. I'm mad and *****ing all the time because the team is LOSING- if the team wasn't losing, i wouldn't be mad and I wouldn't *****. It's that simple.

and why do you think I hate this team? That's just pathetic. Why would I devote so much energy to something I hate? Logic obviously isn't your strong suit.

MikeInRoch
11-15-2007, 09:08 PM
No, losing a heart breaker to Dallas is NOT worse than getting blown out by 30 by New England. It may be worse psychologically to you - but out of those two games, which do you think indicates a better team?

OpIv37
11-15-2007, 09:10 PM
No, losing a heart breaker to Dallas is NOT worse than getting blown out by 30 by New England. It may be worse psychologically to you - but out of those two games, which do you think indicates a better team?

Neither. Dallas beats up on weak NFC opponents all the time and isn't as good in reality as they are on paper. NE is beating up on everyone, so neither constitutes a good metric.

Turf
11-15-2007, 09:55 PM

~The Answer

And we had a better Qb that game.

evol4276
11-15-2007, 11:52 PM
dude.. its the patsies.. of course we're not going to get any love......

edited for TOS

shelby
11-16-2007, 04:39 AM
Op, would you rather lose by 30, or lose by 3 in the final minutes of the game?

i personally would rather have a close, exciting game that is decided in the last two minutes than a yawner where we are getting spanked by 20 points in the third quarter.

At least, if we can keep the game close, we've put up a good fight.

Our chances of beating the Cheatriots are slim to none, but i'll enjoy watching the game a lot more if the Bills are at least competitive.

Jan Reimers
11-16-2007, 05:14 AM

It was the most frustrating, gut-wrenching loss I have ever witnessed.

There are no moral victories, no really-great-games except for the end, etc., etc. We lost in an infuriating, excruciating way, and it burns me every time I think about it.

OpIv37
11-16-2007, 08:03 AM
Op, would you rather lose by 30, or lose by 3 in the final minutes of the game?

i personally would rather have a close, exciting game that is decided in the last two minutes than a yawner where we are getting spanked by 20 points in the third quarter.

At least, if we can keep the game close, we've put up a good fight.

Our chances of beating the Cheatriots are slim to none, but i'll enjoy watching the game a lot more if the Bills are at least competitive.

loaded question. If the choices are between being down by 10 in the 4th quarter, making a late rally, but not recovering the onside kick and losing by 3, I'd take that over a blowout.

If it's between getting blown out and losing a game where we led by 8 with 2 minutes left and caused 6 turnovers, I'd rather get blown out.

A blowout means you were simply outclassed by a better team. An epic collapse means you failed when it counted the most. We needed one play to beat Dallas and we couldn't get it. That's just sad.

PromoTheRobot
11-16-2007, 09:35 AM
Did you catch the "Buffalo @ New England" typo? Apparently Gazoo Clayton really thought the game was at Gillette! He was on WGR yesterday and Schopp had to set him straight. ESPN journalist...you think you'd know where games are played.

PTR

What an assclown. Sad thing is he will probably end up being right:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=clayton_john&page=1stand10/07week11

7. Buffalo at New England: NBC either struck gold or made a programming blunder. The Patriots might be going for an unbeaten season, but this is only Week 11. They are coming off a bye. NBC decided to dump Chicago-Seattle for this potential blowout.

The Bills probably won't have Marshawn Lynch (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?statsId=8266) in the backfield because of a bad ankle. In Week 10, the Bills struggled to put up 13 points on the winless Dolphins. This has the makings of a 41-10 game, which doesn't make for compelling television The only drama in this one will be if the Patriots try to run up the score.

~The Answer

raphael120
11-16-2007, 09:45 AM
Dude...all Bills fan can hang their hat on are "almosts"

Ask any other fan from any other team in the league if you would be proud of "almost winning a game" and they'd laugh in your face. Sometimes you need to come out of the Buffalo bubble happy land and step into the real world of outside perceptions.

I don't like hanging my hat on almost wins, it's pretty pathetic.

It's like goin on and on with your friends about how you almost banged a supermodel. Great, you almost did, but you didnt, so shut up.

HHURRICANE
11-16-2007, 09:51 AM
Guys Clayton is right.

The Bills had alot of prestige coming out of the Dallas game. The stadium rocked, we almost upset the best in the NFC on national TV, and if you are a fan of football it was a fun game to watch.

The Bills actually get hurt here because we are going to get blown out and all of that good PR is going to disappear. I would rather have more games on Primetime next year when we've assebled a more talented team.

We are going to be the loser Bills again after Sunday Night instead of a team decimated with injuries but with a bright future.

justasportsfan
11-16-2007, 10:51 AM
Clayton doesn't sound like a hater compared to OP.

Mike13
11-16-2007, 12:23 PM
He's right though without Marshawn any slim chance you guys had of winning is gone.

Charlieguide
11-16-2007, 01:05 PM
Wow, this thread is an emotional roller-coaster.

I have a little more respect for OP after reading all the posts. I don't really agree, but I see where you guys are all coming from.

What we all have to remember is that the viewpoints expressed here -- especially Mr. Clayton's -- are all about perspective.

All of us fans were heartbroken by the Dallas loss, but you have to admit that the defense -- the TEAM -- really showed up that night. They failed abysmally in the last 30 seconds. There's no excuse for that, which is why that game ends up in the "L" column. But no doubt the team, the fans, and the COUNTRY learned something about the Bills that night. This is a team on the horizon, a team that might beat anyone in the league.

As for Mr. Clayton's comments, can you really blame him? Turn down your fan-loyalty emotions for a second. If NE were at Miami instead of Buffalo, you'd be saying the same thing he did.

The difference is, we know better. That's what makes us Buffalo Bills fans.

:gobills: