PDA

View Full Version : Mike Williams will be a ProBowler within 2 years

mchurchfie
08-22-2002, 11:16 AM
As I state the obvious, he is everything that was projected of him and more. Once he gets the little nuances of pass protection and gets the book on the people he has to go against every week he will be a perennial ProBowler for years to come.

lordofgun
08-22-2002, 11:27 AM
I agree churchy. There is nothing to stand in this guy's way. The sky's the limit! He's going to the pro-bowl every year once he starts...and it won't be mostly because of his name, unlike Ruben.

blcny
08-22-2002, 11:29 AM
He was definatly worth the 1st round pick.

Patrick76777
08-22-2002, 11:29 AM
Hey, I had a thought. McKinnie's holding out. Let's go get him. Both on the same line. SICK. I wonder what it would take. Probably a number one.

mchurchfie
08-22-2002, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by Patrick76777
Hey, I had a thought. McKinnie's holding out. Let's go get him. Both on the same line. SICK. I wonder what it would take. Probably a number one.

Now that would be scarey having those two on the same line.

Patrick76777
08-22-2002, 11:37 AM
We'd have the Best O-line for years. I know it's a pipe dream, but Minn's talking trade.

mchurchfie
08-22-2002, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by lordofgun
I agree churchy. There is nothing to stand in this guy's way. The sky's the limit! He's going to the pro-bowl every year once he starts...and it won't be mostly because of his name, unlike Ruben.

Yes, and once he goes over to left tackle it will make Ruben much better and maybe a little more worthy of all of those ProBowl selectins.

casdhf
08-22-2002, 11:44 AM
They would probably love Jennings, but again...just a pipe dream

casdhf
08-22-2002, 11:45 AM
Plus, McKinnie is a jerk-off

shelby
08-22-2002, 11:51 AM
i like Jennings...he has a lot of potential.

losman2evans
08-22-2002, 12:24 PM
I don't like McKinnie's attitude. He still might be a bust. I like Jennings- I hope his high ankle sprain doesn't nag him all season and affect his performance and growth as a potential
probowl left tackle. Whoever is protecting Drew's blind side will be getting a lot of media attention. They will be comparing the number of sacks given up last year vs this year. I expect Jonas to step up. Especially after the great things Ruben had to say about him. Heal fast Jonas!!

Go Bills!!!!

SABURZFAN
08-22-2002, 12:43 PM
this guy is a monster.you may be right.

don137
08-22-2002, 12:53 PM
Mckinnie's attitude is a cancer. He will hit the road for greener pastures in 4 years. If we went DL,Simms was identified as the guy we would go after and he is also holdng out. Kudos to TD for selecting Big Mike.

Captain gameboy
08-22-2002, 01:20 PM
I like Mike a lot, but I'm a bit worried about his weight. I just don't understand how the human frame can support that much mass. I've very happy he came into camp in relatively good shape, but I worry that if he has a good year he won't come in next year in such good shape. Don't want to be an alarmist, but the man is heavy.

lordofgun
08-22-2002, 01:28 PM
I think he just has really big bones. :D

HenryRules
08-22-2002, 01:29 PM
Gameboy, I understand and partly agree with your concerns. However, when Dallas was dominant in the early 90s, their lineman were huge. Even as lineman get bigger and bigger, their line still must qualify as one of the heaviest of all time. I'm not really concerned about MW coming back in shape if he stays healthy. What I think is a bigger problem is how he will handle is weight if he ever suffers an injury that puts him out for an extended time (i.e. knee surgery, which seems almost mandatory for all NFL lineman at some point in their career).

SoCalBillsFan
08-22-2002, 01:47 PM
agreed henry, that is my concern. If he gets injured, particularly his knees or legs, he will be carrying all that weight around while he is trying to heal. I hope the wear and tear of carrying around all that weight on his legs doesn't hurt him in the long run.

Captain gameboy
08-22-2002, 01:48 PM
Agreed Henry. I'm just a bit tired of hearing about players who come in their second year in " much better shape," or players who were successful as rookies and got a bit sloppy after year one. Mike Williams is a very big man who will have to battle weight problems his entire career. I like his pedigree. I like his family background. I just wonder if he's getting close to the limit of size/performance. So far-so good, but I'll be watching his health/performance.

John Doe
08-23-2002, 03:14 AM
The selections of Williams and Reed this year make a pretty good case for the theory of drafting the "best player available" instead of drafting for need. We probably needed help on the D-line moreso than the O-line after the acquisitions of Marcus Price and Trey Teague, but Williams could turn out to be a blocker for the ages.

The_Philster
08-23-2002, 03:21 AM
We've been needing that help on the D-Line for the last couple of years. I remember :pray: ing last year that we'd get Damione Lewis....blasted :angry: Rams.

THATHURMANATOR
08-23-2002, 06:57 PM
Why does everyone rip on ruben so much??? I think he is a great og!!!

The_Philster
08-23-2002, 07:06 PM
I think everyone's just tired of him getting false start penalties...the funny thing is, I don't remember him getting any all last year.

THATHURMANATOR
08-23-2002, 07:35 PM
Mckinnie is a big baby SCREW him!!!! Big mike is the man!

THATHURMANATOR
08-23-2002, 07:35 PM
Maybe Phil but other than that he is solid.

The_Philster
08-23-2002, 07:42 PM
Exactly, THURM....but you should have seen it last year in our section. We'd get a false start penalty and I and a couple others would just yell "Ruben" and it would turn out to be someone else...kinda funny.

THATHURMANATOR
08-23-2002, 07:50 PM
Well I will be one of the few and the proud this season in 122!!!!

mchurchfie
08-23-2002, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
Why does everyone rip on ruben so much??? I think he is a great og!!!

Thurm, Ruben is very good, but not great...at least not yet. When Big Mike gets over on that side with him and they start to have a p!ssing contest over who can get the most pancakes in a game then they will BOTH be GREAT.:D

casdhf
08-23-2002, 10:37 PM
Ruben is good. But he's a bum. He doesn't wanna help young guys or become an offensive leader...he's said that before

TigerJ
08-23-2002, 11:08 PM
I'm not sure nothing will ever stand in Mike's way, but it it does, it'll get trampled. :madhop:

The_Philster
08-24-2002, 04:37 AM
Originally posted by casdhf
Ruben is good. But he's a bum. He doesn't wanna help young guys or become an offensive leader...he's said that before

Never heard him say that...I've heard quite the opposite.