PDA

View Full Version : Tim Russert and Al Roker

OpIv37
11-16-2007, 08:07 AM
I don't usually watch the Today Show, but it was on when I turned on the TV last night. Of course, NBC was hyping the game since it's the only one the NFL lets them broadcast.

Russert did a great analysis of the Democratic presidential debate, and followed it up by unwisely picking the Bills to defeat the Cheatriots 28-17. I'll give him props for loyalty and political analysis, but not for football smarts.

They then went to that fat hypocrite Al Roker, who gave Sunday's weather report for "Rich Wilson Stadium." Someone needs to buy that man a subscription to ESPN INsider.

OpIv37
11-16-2007, 08:08 AM
oh, and Roker predicted clear weather with temps about 26-30 degrees.

He didn't say anything about the wind, but why would wind matter in "Rich Wilson Stadium" in a November night game? :rolleyes:

billsburgh
11-16-2007, 08:18 AM
I liked it when O and A where ripping on Roker a while back for being such a hypocrite

OpIv37
11-16-2007, 08:20 AM
I liked it when O and A where ripping on Roker a while back for being such a hypocrite

they were going off on him again a week or two ago because he went to a roast and was laughing at people throwing the n-word around, after criticizing Imus and saying that racial humor was never appropriate.

SABuffalo786
11-16-2007, 09:19 AM
I'll give him props for loyalty and political analysis, but not for football smarts.

Unbelievable.

billsburgh
11-16-2007, 09:21 AM
they were going off on him again a week or two ago because he went to a roast and was laughing at people throwing the n-word around, after criticizing Imus and saying that racial humor was never appropriate.
I havent been able to listen to them for about a month now since they were dropped from the Pittsburgh FM station that was carrying them. F you CBS radio.

OpIv37
11-16-2007, 09:22 AM
I havent been able to listen to them for about a month now since they were dropped from the Pittsburgh FM station that was carrying them. F you CBS radio.

WJFK in DC replays them at 10 am and you can listen online if you're at a computer.

billsburgh
11-16-2007, 09:50 AM
WJFK in DC replays them at 10 am and you can listen online if you're at a computer.
thanks. listening now.

hydro
11-16-2007, 09:50 AM
I am not sure if you know this, but Tim Russert is a huge Bills fan because he is orginally from Buffalo. What would you expect a die hard Bills fan to say on TV? And I don't believe he would think of himself having vast Football smarts. Some people just watch the games for entertainment and don't dabble in every little stat or thing that is happening on the team.

OpIv37
11-16-2007, 10:06 AM
I'm aware that Russert is from Buffalo.

But I'm just saying he should think things through before saying them on national TV.

Jeff1220
11-16-2007, 10:13 AM
What if he's correct? Is does he become smart then?

hydro
11-16-2007, 10:16 AM

Nah, just lucky :rolleyes:

Mitchy moo
11-16-2007, 10:19 AM
But I'm just saying he should think things through before saying them on national TV.

Saying how he feels doesn't make him a bad person, nor does it him being a Bills homer.

RockStar36
11-16-2007, 10:24 AM

He does it all the time.

Two years ago he had the Stanley Cup on his Sunday show right before the playoffs started and was holding a Sabres jersey up in front of the cup.

At that moment I felt he jinxed the team.

OpIv37
11-16-2007, 10:27 AM
Saying how he feels doesn't make him a bad person, nor does it him being a Bills homer.

I never said it made him a bad person- I said it made him unwise.

OpIv37
11-16-2007, 10:29 AM

He's wrong.

Even if we win by some miracle, there's no way in hell we hold the Patriots to half their season total.

justasportsfan
11-16-2007, 10:32 AM
Didn't Ditka say the bills will beat the PAts? Must be football stupid too.

Mitchy moo
11-16-2007, 10:35 AM
Didn't Ditka say the bills will beat the PAts? Must be football stupid too.

Ditka lives down here by me and drives a really old Rolls Royce, I always know it's him when he passes by. I have talked to him before and actually for seeming so rough and tumble on TV, he is a really nice guy in person. He is actually a class act and very well spoken and this week he is correct in his pick. :brush:

mikemac2001
11-16-2007, 10:37 AM

See op post like these annoy me

You have some good post and some good points then you go with such a negative post like this......EVERYONE KNOWS HE LOVES THE BILLS why would he pick the patriots its a slap to all bills fan

ID rather he show his true colors then hide his fan hood. he isnt afraid to be a bills fan on national TV

Mr. Miyagi
11-16-2007, 11:04 AM
I miss the fat Roker. :fat:

Someone give the man a donut.

Carlton Bailey
11-16-2007, 11:27 AM
Russert is being criticized for picking the Bills? Seriously? They're his favorite team, playing on his network; he isn't paid to analyze the game of football. What is the big deal?

OpIv37
11-16-2007, 12:04 PM
See op post like these annoy me

You have some good post and some good points then you go with such a negative post like this......EVERYONE KNOWS HE LOVES THE BILLS why would he pick the patriots its a slap to all bills fan

ID rather he show his true colors then hide his fan hood. he isnt afraid to be a bills fan on national TV

Who's afraid of being a fan?

Once again, an inability to make a distinction between what you WANT to happen and what's most LIKELY to happen.

I want the Bills to win, but that's not likely, therefore, I'm not going to predict it and and I'm sure as hell not going to do it on national TV.

Why do being a fan and making reasonable predictions have to be mutually exclusive?

OpIv37
11-16-2007, 12:06 PM
Russert is being criticized for picking the Bills? Seriously? They're his favorite team, playing on his network; he isn't paid to analyze the game of football. What is the big deal?

the big deal is it's a stupid pick.

It would be stupid for John Madden to go on TV and pick John Edwards to win the presidential election and it's stupid for Russert to go on TV and pick the Bills to beat the Patriots. And there are a lot of reasons why it's a stupid pick, starting with the fact that the Pats already beat us 38-7.

mikemac2001
11-16-2007, 12:06 PM
Who's afraid of being a fan?

Once again, an inability to make a distinction between what you WANT to happen and what's most LIKELY to happen.

I want the Bills to win, but that's not likely, therefore, I'm not going to predict it and and I'm sure as hell not going to do it on national TV.

Why do being a fan and making reasonable predictions have to be mutually exclusive?

Because he isnt a football analyst he is a buffalo bills fan and thats how he will predict the game

He isnt getting paid to make distinction between what he wants and what will happen. the reason they always show him when it comes to the bills or buffalo area because he will support it

get off your high horse...we all know how hard of a game this is gonna be

OpIv37
11-16-2007, 12:09 PM
Because he isnt a football analyst he is a buffalo bills fan and thats how he will predict the game

He isnt getting paid to make distinction between what he wants and what will happen. the reason they always show him when it comes to the bills or buffalo area because he will support it

get off your high horse...we all know how hard of a game this is gonna be

That's stupid. "I'm a fan so I can't make reasonable predictions". Where the hell did you get that nonsense?

He isn't getting paid to comment on football at all- he's getting paid to comment on politics. So if he wants to comment on football, he can at least do so reasonably.

As far as everyone knowing how hard this game is going to be- apparently Russert doesn't know it and a lot of posters here don't know it either because they actually think we will win.

Night Train
11-16-2007, 12:21 PM
" Hello, wall. Why aren't you talking back to me ? "

Mitchy moo
11-16-2007, 12:22 PM
He isn't getting paid to comment on football at all- he's getting paid to comment on politics. So if he wants to comment on football, he can at least do so reasonably.

What's reasonable to him may not be reasonable to you. Not everyone wants to drown themselves this week because we have a tough looking game and he feels the Bills have a good enough chance to win so he mentioned it.

hydro
11-16-2007, 12:34 PM
That's stupid. "I'm a fan so I can't make reasonable predictions". Where the hell did you get that nonsense?

As far as everyone knowing how hard this game is going to be- apparently Russert doesn't know it and a lot of posters here don't know it either because they actually think we will win.
You are so beyond ridiculous its funny. :rofl:

I hope Nick Bakay (avid Bills Fan) goes on ESPN and says we are going to get our asses handed to us so you shut up.

OpIv37
11-16-2007, 12:54 PM
What's reasonable to him may not be reasonable to you. Not everyone wants to drown themselves this week because we have a tough looking game and he feels the Bills have a good enough chance to win so he mentioned it.

"reasonable" is not subjective. They already beat us 38-7, they're ahead of us in every measurable statisical category. There is absolutely no valid reason to predict a Bills victory.

OpIv37
11-16-2007, 12:56 PM
You are so beyond ridiculous its funny. :ROFL:

I hope Nick Bakay (avid Bills Fan) goes on ESPN and says we are going to get our asses handed to us so you shut up.

I'd respond to this but there is no content to respond to.

FlyingDutchman
11-16-2007, 01:13 PM
OP, youre taking a fun pick by a Buffalo native a bit too seriously. Its like George Bush saying before the baseball season that the Rangers are going to be good, even when in likely hood theyre not. what the hell is he supposed to say and who gives a flying ****? Hes a fan rooting for his team. Get the sand out of your va jay jay for just one day and have fun!

Mitchy moo
11-16-2007, 01:20 PM
OP, youre taking a fun pick by a Buffalo native a bit too seriously. Its like George Bush saying before the baseball season that the Rangers are going to be good, even when in likely hood theyre not. what the hell is he supposed to say and who gives a flying ****? Hes a fan rooting for his team. Get the sand out of your va jay jay for just one day and have fun!

Oprah quotes scare me.

Jeff1220
11-16-2007, 01:20 PM

:whistling Whos' the English teacher around here? lol.

trapezeus
11-16-2007, 01:25 PM
He's wrong.

Even if we win by some miracle, there's no way in hell we hold the Patriots to half their season total.

OP, you got to admit you're being difficult on this one. :-)

If anyone of us were famous, i'm pretty sure we'd all root for the Bills publically no matter what the odds, because so many people give us flak for being bills fans. I really doubt he thought about the stats. he just wants them to win and he's standing by it. No harm in standing behind what you believe in. Not everything has to be empircal fact based. Some of it is just pure emotion and love.

Kudos to Russert for being a fan and giving Buffalo a shout out.

OpIv37
11-16-2007, 01:27 PM

well you made a mistake but apparently you're still smarter than the rest of us because that post was hours ago and you're the only one that noticed. I even quoted you and didn't notice.

OpIv37
11-16-2007, 01:29 PM

If anyone of us were famous, i'm pretty sure we'd all root for the Bills publically no matter what the odds, because so many people give us flak for being bills fans. I really doubt he thought about the stats. he just wants them to win and he's standing by it. No harm in standing behind what you believe in. Not everything has to be empircal fact based. Some of it is just pure emotion and love.

it's good that he's giving the team some publicity.

the only problem is that the whole country saw him and went "wow, Buffalo people are so stupid that they actually think they can win this game."

hydro
11-16-2007, 01:29 PM

I noticed but didn't want to be a grammar nazi.

OpIv37
11-16-2007, 01:30 PM

I gave him props for loyalty.

I'm just saying that I don't think it's wise to say something on TV based on pure emotion without any facts.

Mitchy moo
11-16-2007, 01:35 PM

I'm just saying that I don't think it's wise to say something on TV based on pure emotion without any facts.

No one knows what the facts are until the game is over. After seeing all the upsets this year and us supposed to have the hardest schedule, I would say anything can happen and take nothing for granted. If I told you at the beginning of the season I know we are going to have 12 starter's on IR and still be above .500 midseason, you would of had guys with white jackets at my door telling me I need help and commit me.

OpIv37
11-16-2007, 01:57 PM
you would of had guys with white jackets at my door telling me I need help and commit me.

I've been trying to send those guys to your house anyway.

Mitchy moo
11-16-2007, 01:59 PM
I've been trying to send those guys to your house anyway.

Lol, I'm never home with all my work at the asylum and what have you.

trapezeus
11-16-2007, 02:46 PM

for sports its ok. especially when no one really takes his sports knowledge as gospel anyways.

it's like being a rock god and getting on stage and screaming, "we love you cleveland!" the guy doesn't have to like cleveland of have anything to back it up. but it gets people excited, it show's he's excited and it builds an energy.

i find all your football knowledge very interesting when you post. but when you seriously have issues with Russert rooting on the team and giving them a chance to win, i have to politely disagree with you.

Fandom is built from non-rational excitement.

OpIv37
11-16-2007, 02:49 PM
for sports its ok. especially when no one really takes his sports knowledge as gospel anyways.

it's like being a rock god and getting on stage and screaming, "we love you cleveland!" the guy doesn't have to like cleveland of have anything to back it up. but it gets people excited, it show's he's excited and it builds an energy.

i find all your football knowledge very interesting when you post. but when you seriously have issues with Russert rooting on the team and giving them a chance to win, i have to politely disagree with you.

Fandom is built from non-rational excitement.

they asked him for a prediction, not non-rational excitement.

FlyingDutchman
11-16-2007, 02:53 PM
Chris Berman picks us almost every weekend, and he even picked us against the Cowboys. Why dont you give him s***? Some people just like to have fun and dont analy analyze EVERYTHING. Seriously OP, this is one of those *****ing for the sake of *****ing cases bro. Have fun, youll live longer.

OpIv37
11-16-2007, 02:56 PM
Chris Berman picks us almost every weekend, and he even picked us against the Cowboys. Why dont you give him s***? Some people just like to have fun and dont analy analyze EVERYTHING. Seriously OP. This is one of those *****ing for the sake of *****ing cases bro. Have fun, youll live longer.

I would have said something about Berman too, if I had seen it. I don't usually watch pre- or post-game shows.

FlyingDutchman
11-16-2007, 02:58 PM
I would have said something about Berman too, if I had seen it. I don't usually watch pre- or post-game shows.

You would have said he was dumb, out of his mind, and not basing his thoughts on "facts," yet he was almost right!

hydro
11-16-2007, 03:18 PM
You would have said he was dumb, out of his mind, and not basing his thoughts on "facts," yet he was almost right!

Now you know you should have said that, almost means nothing :rolleyes:

OpIv37
11-16-2007, 03:26 PM

now, that depends on exactly what he said.

Russert predicted the Bills to win 28-17, which means he thinks we can hold the Pats to under half their season average and score the second highest number of points we've scored this season against the Pats' D. That's unreasonable.

If Berman said something like we's win 25-24 with two ST scores and a defensive score, it's a bold prediction and one I wouldn't agree with, but certainly much more reasonable than what Russert said.

John Doe
11-16-2007, 07:11 PM
They asked him for his prediction.

He gave it.

It was his right to predict what he wanted to predict.

If anyone has a problem with that, then it's too bad.

SABuffalo786
11-16-2007, 08:45 PM
Op, NEVER have kids.

"Why do you want to believe in Santa Claus it's a totally irrational view". :rolleyes: