PDA

View Full Version : Question. Wasn't JPs Statement Game Last Week?

raphael120
11-16-2007, 09:35 AM
Ok...so he played well against the worst defense in the league in Cincy...

Then he goes to Miami and follows up a decent performance by crapping the bed against arguably the worst team in the league.

Wasn't JP supposed to show up against the worst team in the league? How many straight 3 and outs did we manage?

Can you imagine if JP struggles against Miami what he's going to do against the Pats?

My point is...every next game is supposed to be "JP's big break out game" and "this will define JP's career" and "this is the time for JP to step up and win this starting QB job".

Is it just me or is it getting to be a broken record and we keep expecting great things from JP and he always---ALWAYS comes up short when it matters the most, against prime opponents, against tough defenses, when playoffs is on the line.

Im a fan of the Bills, and I'm a fan of whoever they put back there at QB...but I just don't know how much longer I can put up with this expectations that we set high for JP, but when he doesnt meet them, everyone just finds a way to justify WHY he played bad and make excuses for him. I'm sorry but gameplan, talent at WR, and lack of a run game had nothing to do with horribly thrown balls and costly sacks after he had over 5 seconds to throw the ball.

If JP can only bring to the table what he's brought...and he's going to be GONE at the end of the season, then why are we wasting time with him now? We should be playing the rookie and seeing if he can be the answer. I think it's becoming more and more obvioius that JP is not going to be the QB to lead us to the playoffs. You don't play like that against an 0-8 Miami team. You just don't.

HHURRICANE
11-16-2007, 09:43 AM
I won't lie. The allure of this game was lost when JP was named the starter, I wasn't shocked but I know he is going to suck on Sunday. Than Monday I'll have to here all the excuses on why.

I can't believe that people gave him a pass for his game against Miami. It was just horrible and people act like it never happened.

raphael120
11-16-2007, 09:49 AM
I won't lie. The allure of this game was lost when JP was named the starter, I wasn't shocked but I know he is going to suck on Sunday. Than Monday I'll have to here all the excuses on why.

I can't believe that people gave him a pass for his game against Miami. It was just horrible and people act like it never happened.

Glad im not the only one. I think if JP did all he did on that last drive, and Miami came back to score and win the game, I bet you people would say "well JP didnt lose the game for us, the defense lost it for us!" meanwhile the defense was out on the field the whole entire game getting their asses worn out because JP couldnt manage a drive past the first 3 plays.

HHURRICANE
11-16-2007, 09:55 AM
Glad im not the only one. I think if JP did all he did on that last drive, and Miami came back to score and win the game, I bet you people would say "well JP didnt lose the game for us, the defense lost it for us!" meanwhile the defense was out on the field the whole entire game getting their asses worn out because JP couldnt manage a drive past the first 3 plays.

This is by far the worst week ever on Billszone. The fact that people are giving JP a blind pass is just insane. I understand Jaurons decision to start JP but people act like it's a ringing endorsemnt.

The fact of the matter is that Jauron had no other choice.

PcA125
11-16-2007, 09:57 AM

Trust me, you arnt the only one that feels that way

raphael120
11-16-2007, 09:58 AM
The Pats always take away JP's only weapon. Evans.

And we all know what happens when Evans is taken out of the game with blanket coverage.

At least Captain Dumpoff might give us a better chance if that's the case.

Typ0
11-16-2007, 09:59 AM

Then he goes to Miami and follows up a decent performance by crapping the bed against arguably the worst team in the league.

Wasn't JP supposed to show up against the worst team in the league? How many straight 3 and outs did we manage?

Can you imagine if JP struggles against Miami what he's going to do against the Pats?

My point is...every next game is supposed to be "JP's big break out game" and "this will define JP's career" and "this is the time for JP to step up and win this starting QB job".

Is it just me or is it getting to be a broken record and we keep expecting great things from JP and he always---ALWAYS comes up short when it matters the most, against prime opponents, against tough defenses, when playoffs is on the line.

Im a fan of the Bills, and I'm a fan of whoever they put back there at QB...but I just don't know how much longer I can put up with this expectations that we set high for JP, but when he doesnt meet them, everyone just finds a way to justify WHY he played bad and make excuses for him. I'm sorry but gameplan, talent at WR, and lack of a run game had nothing to do with horribly thrown balls and costly sacks after he had over 5 seconds to throw the ball.

If JP can only bring to the table what he's brought...and he's going to be GONE at the end of the season, then why are we wasting time with him now? We should be playing the rookie and seeing if he can be the answer. I think it's becoming more and more obvioius that JP is not going to be the QB to lead us to the playoffs. You don't play like that against an 0-8 Miami team. You just don't.

BINGO!

SquishDaFish
11-16-2007, 10:32 AM
Can we just root for the Bills on Sunday and not worry about the coaches decisions? Who gives a crap what you think anyway? Enough of these threads already exist.

justasportsfan
11-16-2007, 10:45 AM

Then he goes to Miami and follows up a decent performance by crapping the bed against arguably the worst team in the league..worst team but defensively they are ranked higher than us.

Can you imagine if JP struggles against Miami what he's going to do against the Pats? .we have no better options.

Is it just me or is it getting to be a broken record .this thread is wosre than a broken record. We're playing the PAts on Sunday and people are still whining about a win.

---ALWAYS comes up short when it matters the most,.weird, when it mattered most he didn't crap in the 4th qtr. He actually led a comeback. I don't care who he played but he didn't lose the game. HE PLAYED ENOUGH TO WIN.

---
WHY he played bad and make excuses for him. I'm sorry but gameplan, talent at WR, and lack of a run game had nothing to do with horribly thrown balls and costly sacks after he had over 5 seconds to throw the ball.,. He sucked but he made up for it. That's all I can ask from a qb based on the circumstances we're in.

---If JP can only bring to the table what he's brought...and he's going to be GONE at the end of the season, then why are we wasting time with him now? We should be playing the rookie and seeing if he can be the answer. I think it's becoming more and more obvioius that JP is not going to be the QB to lead us to the playoffs. You don't play like that against an 0-8 Miami team. You just don't.I agree with this to a certain degree because I think he's gone no matter what but I also want to win now. Apparently our coaches still want to get to the playoffs and would rather start the qb that gives us the best chance to win against a heated rival. He isn't much but HE"s THE EBST WE'VE GOT.

justasportsfan
11-16-2007, 10:47 AM
Can we just root for the Bills on Sunday and not worry about the coaches decisions? Who gives a crap what you think anyway? Enough of these threads already exist.
BINGO!

HHURRICANE
11-16-2007, 10:58 AM
JP's career stats against the Pats:

55% completion ratio, 1TD, 5INTs, 9 sacks, 6 fumbles, 4 lost fumbles.

In the three games games that he started and finished he had 6 turnovers and 7 sacks.

You still think he gives us the best chance to win?

raphael120
11-16-2007, 10:58 AM

If you dont ****ing like it then dont read this thread and dont post in it.

raphael120
11-16-2007, 11:00 AM
weird, when it mattered most he didn't crap in the 4th qtr. He actually led a comeback. I don't care who he played but he didn't lose the game. HE PLAYED ENOUGH TO WIN.

LOL

Yeah, it says something about your QB when he has to mount a COMEBACK against a winless team. His ****ty play had us down in the first place.

I see you like polishing turds.

justasportsfan
11-16-2007, 11:05 AM
LOL

Yeah, it says something about your QB when he has to mount a COMEBACK against a winless team. where did I say he was anything great?
His ****ty play had us down in the first place.. I'd rather have a crappy performance in the first half than in the 4th qtr. I'd rather have a TEAM WIN than a qb who throws 5 tds in a losing effort.

You're *****ing about something we have no control over. Why don't you come up with a solution? Who would you say gives us the better chance to win ? Trent? Nope.

I see you like polishing turds.turds better than this thread.

THATHURMANATOR
11-16-2007, 11:07 AM
enough with these gay threads already.... :rolleyes:

Elminster
11-16-2007, 11:10 AM
He did make a statement and it was: Even when I blow for three quarters, I can put it behind me and WIN THE GAME in the 4th.
Sorry he isn't Tom Brady multiplied by a factor of Brett Favre plus the difference between Peyton Manning and Tony Romo every down every play. But, quite unlike Trent, he has a short memory and can get the job done when the chips are down, and he has also shown he is capable of playing well in the other three quarters too. For the love of Christ, be a Bills fan and billieve instead of pissing and moaning your favorite isn't starting. All that matters is the final score. A win is a win no matter who it comes against. If you hadn't noticed, the Phish have rarely been beaten by much this year.

justasportsfan
11-16-2007, 11:10 AM
enough with these gay threads already.... :rolleyes:

broken record? Ironic.

raphael120
11-16-2007, 11:12 AM
I could give two ****s who our QB is, they both suck. JP sucks, Trent sucks. But Trent is a rookie who could potentially NOT suck. JP is a sucky veteran.

raphael120
11-16-2007, 11:13 AM
haha, i love riling up people who get annoyed with these kind of threads but they can't help but post in them again and again and again. I wish we could just abort threads once justa craps all over them.

I'll go start a thread called "JP is awesome"

justasportsfan
11-16-2007, 11:15 AM
I could give two ****s who our QB is, they both suck. JP sucks, Trent sucks. But Trent is a rookie who could potentially NOT suck. JP is a sucky veteran.
Still no solution.

justasportsfan
11-16-2007, 11:16 AM
haha, i love riling up people who get annoyed with these kind of threads but they can't help but post in them again and again and again. I wish we could just abort threads once justa craps all over them.

I'll go start a thread called "JP is awesome"
we're not annoyed. but it is a gay thread.

jmb1099
11-16-2007, 11:58 AM
There is no free pass and no one is saying he played lights out football. I don't know about you guys, but I want to win. I've never seen so much complaining when in the midst of a winning streak in my whole life.
And who here really thinks we have a chance to win the game with either QB right now? I want to win, but I don't think its going to happen. But if we win I'll take it. I don't care how ugly, I don't care how many people say the Pats lost more than the Bills won.
Another thought about "breakout" games: there is no predicting when, they just happen. Besides, if Losman had lit up the dolphins how many people would write it off because it was the Dolphins?
Oh...and the reason why taking Evans away works is because he's our only receiver that isn't subpar.
Face it, if we win it will be a miracle no matter who starts at qb.

Mr. Miyagi
11-16-2007, 12:11 PM
Why do we always have to argue?

Some like JP and some don't. Get over it.

None of us can change the decisions the coaching staff makes. So shut up and just watch the games, and hope for the best.

So tired of these argument threads. :down:

THATHURMANATOR
11-16-2007, 12:21 PM
Then why start this gay thread then? :idunno:

Typ0
11-16-2007, 02:15 PM
There is no free pass and no one is saying he played lights out football. I don't know about you guys, but I want to win. I've never seen so much complaining when in the midst of a winning streak in my whole life.
And who here really thinks we have a chance to win the game with either QB right now? I want to win, but I don't think its going to happen. But if we win I'll take it. I don't care how ugly, I don't care how many people say the Pats lost more than the Bills won.
Another thought about "breakout" games: there is no predicting when, they just happen. Besides, if Losman had lit up the dolphins how many people would write it off because it was the Dolphins?
Oh...and the reason why taking Evans away works is because he's our only receiver that isn't subpar.
Face it, if we win it will be a miracle no matter who starts at qb.

I don't want a win nearly as much as I want a winning team.

jmb1099
11-16-2007, 02:59 PM
Technically, on paper, that is what we have. My guess is that winning in some people's minds means being dominant in all aspects of the game, but that isn't what constitutes winning in the nfl. Not to over simplify, but the team with more points at the end of the game wins. So far we have accomplished that feat more times than not (slim I know) this season. I don't care if we're the ugly date at the prom all year so long as we get to go.

justasportsfan
11-16-2007, 03:01 PM
Same here which is why I want the best players on the field

Albany,n.y.
11-16-2007, 04:05 PM
TE against Baltimore at home: 11/21 52.4% 153 yds. 1 INT
Savior!
JP against Miami at Miami:12/23 52.2% 157 yds. 1 INT
Bust!

The rest of the story...
TE against Baltimore: Time of posession 31:27
JP against Miami: Time of possession 23:01

justasportsfan
11-16-2007, 04:14 PM
Savior!
Bust!

The rest of the story...
JP against Miami: Time of possession 23:01

YOu forgot a couple of important facts . One qb almost lost the game in the 4th qtr against the ravens and the other was poised enough to win the game in the 4th qtr. against teh fins.

Elminster
11-16-2007, 04:15 PM
Savior!
Bust!

The rest of the story...
JP against Miami: Time of possession 23:01 You forgot these stats
Lynch against Baltimore: 27 rushes, 84 yards
Lynch against Miami: 19 rushes, 61 yards
Or I guess it's Losman's fault that Fairchild decided to run Marshawn less, utilizing the running game less, and thus reducing the very aspect of the game that is most conducive to eating the clock? Not everything is about the QB.

raphael120
11-16-2007, 04:18 PM
You forgot these stats
Or I guess it's Losman's fault that Fairchild decided to run Marshawn less, utilizing the running game less, and thus reducing the very aspect of the game that is most conducive to eating the clock? Not everything is about the QB.

Hard to run the ball when the defense is loading the box because your QB is of no threat to the defense.

justasportsfan
11-16-2007, 04:19 PM
Hard to run the ball when the defense is loading the box because your QB is of no threat to the defense.
I agree. Thats why JP is in there. Dinking and dunking isn't a threat to anyone.

raphael120
11-16-2007, 05:13 PM
I agree. Thats why JP is in there. Dinking and dunking isn't a threat to anyone.
Neither of our QB's are that much of a threat.

The only thing Miami's defense was afraid of was actually breaking a sweat against our offense the first half.

Typ0
11-16-2007, 07:01 PM
Same here which is why I want the best players on the field

having a winning team is a long term vision not a week to week one.

Philagape
11-16-2007, 08:16 PM
You forgot these stats

It's the other way around. Lynch had fewer carries because the Bills had the ball for just 23 minutes. The rate of carries was roughly the same.

YardRat
11-16-2007, 08:34 PM
You forgot these stats

Just FYI...

Buffalo ran the ball 35 times out of 62 against the Jets, 35 of 70 against the Bengals, and 25 of 50 against Miami...

I don't think play selection had much to do w/TOP.

Oaf
11-16-2007, 09:04 PM
This wasn't a statement game at all.
Even if he lit it up again against these guys, all the same critics would point to the 0-9 record.

Your arguement is moot.

BillsFever21
11-16-2007, 10:43 PM
LOL

Yeah, it says something about your QB when he has to mount a COMEBACK against a winless team. His ****ty play had us down in the first place.

I see you like polishing turds.

Drew Brees LOST to a winless team last week. Eli Manning won a 13-10 game against them 2 weeks before and only had a little over 40 yards passing in the game. These guys should be gone too. Does any of these count? No they don't because JP doesn't play for them teams. How about Phillip Rivers? He has been horrible this year. Should he be gone?

The god Trent Edwards scored 3 points against the Jets. He scored 3 points in a game where he was given 6 TO's and great field position all game AT HOME. He has 77 yards passing in the 4th quarter with 3 INT's and a QB rating of 33. Trent has not made one throw that made you say "wow" and that anyone else could do.

Mr. Cynical
11-16-2007, 10:57 PM

Yep.

Ickybaluky
11-16-2007, 11:11 PM
I don't get the whole "statement game" thing. Who cares about 1 game? You want consistency. It isn't fair to judge the guy based on one performance.

Of course, IMO, Losman hasn't shown he is consistent. Personally, I don't think he is a QB you build around. He has some tools, but he isn't a QB. He is in his 4th year and he is still up-and-down.

I don't know what Edwards will be, but I've been impressed by him. As a rookie, he already has shown more poise than Losman has as a 4th year guy. Edwards understands the scheme and manages the game. He has made some mistakes, but that is part of the process for a young QB. The "dink-and-dunk" and "checkdown" crap is silly. I'd rather the guy checkdown than force the ball downfield or hold it too long. His arm isn't going to limit him, he has shown enough arm to play.

Edwards may not ultimately develop into the kind of consistent starter you want to run your team, but he has shown enough that it would seem he has a chance. IMO, that gives him an edge over Losman, who at this point has shown he is inconsistent. Losman, to me, is Jeff Blake. Same player.

Elminster
11-16-2007, 11:43 PM
I don't get the whole "statement game" thing. Who cares about 1 game? You want consistency. It isn't fair to judge the guy based on one performance.

Of course, IMO, Losman hasn't shown he is consistent. Personally, I don't think he is a QB you build around. He has some tools, but he isn't a QB. He is in his 4th year and he is still up-and-down.

I don't know what Edwards will be, but I've been impressed by him. As a rookie, he already has shown more poise than Losman has as a 4th year guy. Edwards understands the scheme and manages the game. He has made some mistakes, but that is part of the process for a young QB. The "dink-and-dunk" and "checkdown" crap is silly. I'd rather the guy checkdown than force the ball downfield or hold it too long. His arm isn't going to limit him, he has shown enough arm to play.

Edwards may not ultimately develop into the kind of consistent starter you want to run your team, but he has shown enough that it would seem he has a chance. IMO, that gives him an edge over Losman, who at this point has shown he is inconsistent. Losman, to me, is Jeff Blake. Same player.
I must respectfully disagree. If dinking and dunking were all that was needed, Chad Pennington would be starting and be considered one of the league's finest QBs. But he's riding the bench. Why? Because unless you have a killer running game and an insane defense, you need your QB to be able to win games once and a while. Edwards can't win games, and never will if he merely dinks and dunks. He can only manage a game and minimize his negative impact at this point. He may learn to do more, but if he does not, he is nothing more than back-up in this league.
While inconsistent, Losman can and often has won games. I would also refute the Jeff Blake comparison: while he certainly has his issues, Losman rarely loses games. In fact, he too can manage games, as shown last year. Jeff Blake's downfall, and the failing of many similar QBs, was a propensity for game-losing errors. When the fourth-quarter struck, the end was always clear when you saw, for example, Bledsoe, under center. He was going to throw a pick, or take a key sack, or fumble, or SOMETHING to lose the game. If anything, Losman is the reverse: he is streaky in the first three quarters, but he consistently performs well in the fourth. THAT is the essential difference, and why we can have hope for Losman.

kernowboy
11-17-2007, 07:22 AM
You forgot these stats

The point I've made in other posts - Fewell has been brilliant as the DC and Fairhcild has been shocking as the OC

We have two QBs with different strengths and weaknesses. We have not been fortunate enough to pick up the right players on the offensive side of the ball so we are left with limited weapons ......

but surely an OC can be bright enough to come up with a gameplan that gets the QB to play to their strengths rather than force them to highlight their weaknesses?

We have two of the fastest WR in the league .... Evans and Parish, so lets just attack deep rather than wait to get served up as lambs to the slaughter.

If we attack deep early, that might allow the running game to get established.

HHURRICANE
11-17-2007, 08:07 AM

Sad that the NE guy get's it over so many of you. When you take away the emotional investment and look at it objectively, there is no debate.

acehole
11-17-2007, 08:21 AM

Well the implication of what you are saying is that put trend in there and he will beat the Pats. That is what is crazy. He had his chance at the Pats and he lost 38 to 7. If we lose which we have a good chance to without lynch...if it is a loss any less the that it proves your piont very wrong. I dont think anybody said anything about the Miami game. Dont know any thread that made an excuse for him. But there is 2 things I will say. 1 When trend was "Winning" and stinking up the place with all his int's all you people kept saying was stat dont mater wins do. So JP gets a win now all of a sudden you are basing JP's bad game on his stat line. 2 JP made some bad plays...but he made enough good plays on the last drive to win the game. Lets see what the final score is. If it is 38 - 0 then you can continue the *****fest...if it is 24 - 20...you will have to take back the "Trend Edwards gives us the best chance to win" crap. JP may not be Payton Manning but he is the best QB on this roster.

Ickybaluky
11-17-2007, 08:24 AM
While inconsistent, Losman can and often has won games. I would also refute the Jeff Blake comparison: while he certainly has his issues, Losman rarely loses games. In fact, he too can manage games, as shown last year. Jeff Blake's downfall, and the failing of many similar QBs, was a propensity for game-losing errors.

Losman has often won games? I must have missed that. If he was winning them, I wonder why the Bills haven't been. Also, Blake was a better player than you think. He was maddenly inconsistent, like Losman. Both had strong arms. Both were athletic.

How do you explain this:

Jeff Blake, record as starter, through his 4th season: 18-24 (.429)

Losman, record as playing majority of game, through this season (his 4th): 12-19, (.387) *** Note: I gave Losman credit for 2 games where he didn't start but came into the game to lead his team to victory.

So, Blake had a better winning% than Losman, who has "often won games"? Don't give me that "had a better team" argument, either. Those Cincy teams had a culture of losing so pervasive they make the current Bills look like Indy. Bruce Coslet coached them, for crying out loud.

Let look at their numbers, again through their 4th season:

Blake:

794-for-1431 (55.5%), 9,640 Yds (6.7 Yds/Att), 66 TD, 41 Int, 79.8 QB Rating

Losman:

453-for-771 (58.8%), 5,243 Yds (6.8 Yds/Att), 29 TD, 26 Int, 77.9 QB Rating

You are right, they aren't the same player. Blake was better. Especially when you consider Blake made a Pro Bowl in his 3rd year, and finished 7th in the Heisman voting as a college player. Neither is a player you build your team around.

HHURRICANE
11-17-2007, 08:37 AM
Well the implication of what you are saying is that put trend in there and he will beat the Pats. That is what is crazy. He had his chance at the Pats and he lost 38 to 7.

You do realize that Trent was aksed to come into the NE game becuase of an injury? How much of the playbook do you think he had to work with?

You do realize that he was a rookie being thrown into his first NFL game ever against the best team in the league. Of course he drove for a TD drive on his very first possession.

I'll give you this. In approximately 24 hours we'll get to see how good JP does as a 4 year vet.

acehole
11-17-2007, 08:51 AM
You do realize that Trent was aksed to come into the NE game becuase of an injury? How much of the playbook do you think he had to work with?

You do realize that he was a rookie being thrown into his first NFL game ever against the best team in the league. Of course he drove for a TD drive on his very first possession.

I'll give you this. In approximately 24 hours we'll get to see how good JP does as a 4 year vet.

OK so I get it...we can make excuses for Trend and not JP got it. Bolder crap! Trend was the # 2 if he did not prepare he should go the way of Billy Joe Hobert. Forget this 4 year vet rookie excuse as well. The argument isnt about that. It is about who is better at this time RIGHT NOW. Stop using the Rookie card excuse...this team or its fans arent going to sit around and wait for Trend to learn the playbook and learn how not to throw INT's. Yes we all saw the TD on the first drive....yippie more stats for you...but 38 -7 was still the score. Newsflash the Bills may lose this game...I am sure you will pin it all on JP....and say see JP sucks! Even though these guys are Superbowl champs and even though Payton and 8 other qb's couldnt do it this season either. I am sure if JP wins you will be back on his band wagon like you were after the Cinci game...

Typ0
11-17-2007, 09:04 AM
OK so I get it...we can make excuses for Trend and not JP got it. Bolder crap! Trend was the # 2 if he did not prepare he should go the way of Billy Joe Hobert. Forget this 4 year vet rookie excuse as well. The argument isnt about that. It is about who is better at this time RIGHT NOW. Stop using the Rookie card excuse...this team or its fans arent going to sit around and wait for Trend to learn the playbook and learn how not to throw INT's. Yes we all saw the TD on the first drive....yippie more stats for you...but 38 -7 was still the score. Newsflash the Bills may lose this game...I am sure you will pin it all on JP....and say see JP sucks! Even though these guys are Superbowl champs and even though Payton and 8 other qb's couldnt do it this season either. I am sure if JP wins you will be back on his band wagon like you were after the Cinci game...

lickers have been making excuses for JP for four years now and there is no end in site. In this post you are making excuses for him this week and the game hasn't even been played. It's not always about what have you done for me lately either...but in this case lately JP has stunk anyway. So he's stunk for four years. He still stinks. He won't be here next year. You don't have any ground to stand on to support this guy.

Typ0
11-17-2007, 09:07 AM

why do we even have to wait four more hours? That's a load of crap. He's stunk up the place 85% of the time he's been on the field since the first snap was taken this year. All next week it's going to be another we have to wait week because it was the patiots. Where is the end to this BS?

shelby
11-17-2007, 09:13 AM
It is unrealistic to expect a rookie QB to outperform a 4 year veteran.

NE39 hit the nail on the head. JP is inconsistent. He is not a long term solution.

People get way too upset with the QB debate. Don't take it so personally.

acehole
11-17-2007, 09:18 AM
It is unrealistic to expect a rookie QB to outperform a 4 year veteran.

NE39 hit the nail on the head. JP is inconsistent. He is not a long term solution.

People get way too upset with the QB debate. Don't take it so personally.

The above might be 100% true.

Does not change the QB debate as bad as you think JP is he is still our best option at QB. Period.

Philagape
11-17-2007, 09:19 AM
Don't take it so personally.

I think what gets it riled up is when one side uses misleading or outright wrong myths, like Trent is nothing but a dink-and-dunk QB or all he does is score three points or he's some kind of turnover machine, and people base their preference on that. That's what I respond to, and I'll do it strongly.
The correct position is neither QB has been consistent enough to make a case for, and both are handicapped by bad coaching/receivers. But when one side starts lying about the other -- and the JP side has done that way more -- that ticks me off.

acehole
11-17-2007, 09:21 AM
[quote=shelby]It is unrealistic to expect a rookie QB to outperform a 4 year veteran.
quote]

Not only is it unrealistic......it isnt true.
Trend Edward has not out preformed JP.

That is my whole piont.

Thanks!

acehole
11-17-2007, 09:25 AM
I know...these guy who base there opinion on the facts are just crazy.
They need to be more emotional about thier opinions....They just need to say.... Trend Edwards is better just because I feel he is...no facts to back me up just because...probaly all democrats.

I think what gets it riled up is when one side uses misleading or outright wrong myths, like Trent is nothing but a dink-and-dunk QB or all he does is score three points or he's some kind of turnover machine, and people base their preference on that. That's what I respond to, and I'll do it strongly.
The correct position is neither QB has been consistent enough to make a case for, and both are handicapped by bad coaching/receivers. But when one side starts lying about the other -- and the JP side has done that way more -- that ticks me off.

acehole
11-17-2007, 09:26 AM
[quote=shelby]

quote]

Is it at all possible that the "Bills" are inconsistant?

shelby
11-17-2007, 09:28 AM
Not only is it unrealistic......it isnt true.
Trend Edward has not out preformed JP.

That is my whole piont.

Thanks!

You're welcome, but to be fair, Edwards hasn't had the opportunity.

i agree that JP is our best option at this time, but i'm not going to bash the rookie when i haven't seen what he's capable of yet.

i want JP to do well. i really do, i like the kid. But he's so inconsistent that it's maddening. i hope the "good" JP shows up tomorrow night, rather than the "Mr. Hyde" who played the first three quarters in Miami.

Philagape
11-17-2007, 09:28 AM
They need to be more emotional about thier opinions....They just need to say.... Trend Edwards is better just because I feel he is...no facts to back me up just because...probaly all democrats.

An argument based on intangibles is better than outright lies.

acehole
11-17-2007, 09:58 AM
An argument based on intangibles is better than outright lies.

Indeed. What lies are we speaking about exactly?

Philagape
11-17-2007, 10:09 AM
Indeed. What lies are we speaking about exactly?

post #52 (the one you thanked)

Ickybaluky
11-17-2007, 10:12 AM

I could be wrong about J.P., but that is what I see. Maybe the light will come on and he'll turn into a more patient and consistent QB, but in his 4th season that doesn't seem likely. More likely is that he is what he is.

I think the point with Edwards is he has shown some pretty good attributes. He has shown accuracy, good mechanics and poise. He has also made mistakes which have hurt his team.

I think the difference is, as a rookie, he has a chance to cut down on the mistakes and start to make more plays. With time spent in an offseason program and his game experience, he might develop into the kind of consistent performer that can compliment an improving defense and a good-looking young runner in Lynch.

IMO, he has shown enough potential to be that QB, while J.P. hasn't despite being in his 4th year. I think that is why they stuck with playing him even after Losman got healthy. That is why it makes sense to go back to him once he is healthy, unless Losman shows enough improvement and consistency to keep him on the bench.

acehole
11-17-2007, 10:30 AM
Well this is the thing NE.
He was injured one year...so more like 3 in my mind.
Allthough I agree 100% with the inconsitancy...he
has shown improvement in his play from year 1 to 2
to 3. If you also take into account offenses in genral
and around the leage do struggle early on due to timing
and gelling..he is having a good year. I LIKE TRED EDWARDS.
I am just tired of the re re re building and I dont want to waste
another seaoson....training our qb of the back to the future. If and
when we are out of the playoff race sure put him in. That may give us
3-5 more games to see improvement in his 3rd year (4) that would be fair.
I just know following this team so long that there is alot of problems with this team...and JP may in the end not be the soulution at QB but I didnt think he was the problem either. My big issue is,...ok run jp out of town and plug in the wonder boy...and wow he was not as advertised..we blow the best years of witner evans and mcargo...and back to the drawing board.

I could be wrong about J.P., but that is what I see. Maybe the light will come on and he'll turn into a more patient and consistent QB, but in his 4th season that doesn't seem likely. More likely is that he is what he is.

I think the point with Edwards is he has shown some pretty good attributes. He has shown accuracy, good mechanics and poise. He has also made mistakes which have hurt his team.

I think the difference is, as a rookie, he has a chance to cut down on the mistakes and start to make more plays. With time spent in an offseason program and his game experience, he might develop into the kind of consistent performer that can compliment an improving defense and a good-looking young runner in Lynch.

IMO, he has shown enough potential to be that QB, while J.P. hasn't despite being in his 4th year. I think that is why they stuck with playing him even after Losman got healthy. That is why it makes sense to go back to him once he is healthy, unless Losman shows enough improvement and consistency to keep him on the bench.

acehole
11-17-2007, 10:31 AM
post #52 (the one you thanked)

did not see lies just rumors of lies.

His stats dont lie and that is what is being brought up.

Owen DeBoard
11-17-2007, 11:11 AM

I would hope that his accuracy is good. It should be when you throw short passes. The main thing is this team doesnt need to keep switching qbs week after week because even though we won this qb didnt light it up against a team that hasnt won a game. Every team and every player has a bad game every now and then. We are riding a 4 game winning streak and won 5 of our last 6. Why in the world would you take the qb that won last week and say well even though you won we are going with the other qb to develope him or see what he has. That has a lockeroom split wrote all over it.

Philagape
11-17-2007, 11:36 AM
did not see lies just rumors of lies.

His stats dont lie and that is what is being brought up.

His stats don't say that he's nothing but dink and dunk or that he commits a lot of turnovers or that he puts up nothing but three points. Those are lies.

Philagape
11-17-2007, 11:38 AM
Well this is the thing NE.
He was injured one year...so more like 3 in my mind.
Allthough I agree 100% with the inconsitancy...he
has shown improvement in his play from year 1 to 2
to 3. If you also take into account offenses in genral
and around the leage do struggle early on due to timing
and gelling..he is having a good year.

He has NOT shown improvement from last year, and he is NOT having a good year. He's had ONE good game, against a horrible D, and his worst game is his most recent. That is not a good year.

raphael120
11-17-2007, 01:54 PM

How the **** can you back up a rookie who has like 3 games to base his play off of??!?!

You can back up how crappy JP has played by 3 years!

raphael120
11-17-2007, 02:00 PM
Guess what folks, JP will not be here come next year.

It has to do with money, it has to do with him just not worth the money even if Ralph wanted to shell it out, and the only reason JP is staying is because of consistancy and not wanting to piss off the vets. But if JP plays horribly against NE, I really hope Jauron does the right thing and just bench him. We're playing a very good team in Jacksonville after the Pats and if he can't put up decent stats against NE's defense, well guess what, then he aint doin it again Jax when Jax run D is MUCH better than NE's and that means this game will have to spotlight JP's arm. And if you can't hang with those potential playoff teams, and teams we NEED to beat to stay in the playoff hunt, then I hope you all like a .500 or less season with no playoff chances because guess what, Miami, the Jets, and the Ravens are not going to be the teams we need to knock off in order to get to the playoffs! We're talkin about the big boys, Jax, Cleveland, Giants, no more little league teams. We can only afford 2 more losses, really. And I think we'll lose this Sunday, so we can only afford to lose 1 more game when we have 3 tough opponents left who will be in the playoff hunt so theyll be paying just as hard as we will.

JP is Wrecks Grossman only his highs and lows aren't so dramatic but BOTH are QB's you can't build around. Would you rather run the JP train into mediocrity with no opportunity for progress, or woudl you rather play the rookie with promise (WHO IS A VERY HEADY QB, unlike JP) and build with that? You guys all blow Marv's nuts with his awesome draft picks, now all of a sudden HIS QB that HE drafted is a BUM!?!?!

acehole
11-17-2007, 05:14 PM
His stats don't say that he's nothing but dink and dunk or that he commits a lot of turnovers or that he puts up nothing but three points. Those are lies.

5 int's and one 3 yard td pass are not lies. Sorry to educate you.

acehole
11-17-2007, 05:16 PM
Yawn...

It has to do with money, it has to do with him just not worth the money even if Ralph wanted to shell it out, and the only reason JP is staying is because of consistancy and not wanting to piss off the vets. But if JP plays horribly against NE, I really hope Jauron does the right thing and just bench him. We're playing a very good team in Jacksonville after the Pats and if he can't put up decent stats against NE's defense, well guess what, then he aint doin it again Jax when Jax run D is MUCH better than NE's and that means this game will have to spotlight JP's arm. And if you can't hang with those potential playoff teams, and teams we NEED to beat to stay in the playoff hunt, then I hope you all like a .500 or less season with no playoff chances because guess what, Miami, the Jets, and the Ravens are not going to be the teams we need to knock off in order to get to the playoffs! We're talkin about the big boys, Jax, Cleveland, Giants, no more little league teams. We can only afford 2 more losses, really. And I think we'll lose this Sunday, so we can only afford to lose 1 more game when we have 3 tough opponents left who will be in the playoff hunt so theyll be paying just as hard as we will.

JP is Wrecks Grossman only his highs and lows aren't so dramatic but BOTH are QB's you can't build around. Would you rather run the JP train into mediocrity with no opportunity for progress, or woudl you rather play the rookie with promise (WHO IS A VERY HEADY QB, unlike JP) and build with that? You guys all blow Marv's nuts with his awesome draft picks, now all of a sudden HIS QB that HE drafted is a BUM!?!?!

acehole
11-17-2007, 05:23 PM
Edwards may start...only until we are out of the playoff race. These games are to important to squander for on the job training......

JP gives us the best shot to win because he is the best qb on the roster.

Get over it...no mater how convoluted your pionts become. JP has out played Edwards..thus far.

JP is the starting QB for the Buffalo Bills.

Live it, love it, learn it!

Philagape
11-17-2007, 05:34 PM
5 int's and one 3 yard td pass are not lies. Sorry to educate you.

One turnover per game does not mean a lot of turnovers. If you think it does, then you're the one who needs to be educated.

Philagape
11-17-2007, 05:35 PM

Gee, you're not biased.

acehole
11-17-2007, 06:14 PM
One turnover per game does not mean a lot of turnovers. If you think it does, then you're the one who needs to be educated.

You are just to dumb for words. It does mater as it relates to TD's.
You can not survive in the NFL if you throw 5 pick to every one TD.
Especial when 1 of them lost the game in the final mins and one of
the others allmost did the same...and one got his ass pulled from
the Jets game.....it does mater because they happened on passes
over 3 yards which suports the idea he cant throw the long ball well.

I did not make Trend Edwards stats up...and if you are to dumb
to read them and draw a conclusions from them that is not my
problem.

acehole
11-17-2007, 06:16 PM
Quote:
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=3 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Originally Posted by acehole
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
Philagape"
Gee, you're not biased.

ahh urr derr u ahh duhhaaa derr .. nice response phil.

It is no secret I support the starting QB for the Buffalo Bills.

<!-- / message -->

Philagape
11-17-2007, 06:19 PM
It is no secret I support the starting QB for the Buffalo Bills.

Did you support Todd Collins too? Hobert? Rob Johnson? Bledsoe? Holcomb? Did you tell people to love it when they started?

YardRat
11-17-2007, 06:22 PM
You are just to dumb for words.

if you are to dumb to read them

ahh urr derr u ahh duhhaaa derr .. nice response phil.

Really....Are comments like these necessary?

Philagape
11-17-2007, 06:31 PM
You are just to dumb for words. It does mater as it relates to TD's.

You can not survive in the NFL if you throw 5 pick to every one TD.
Especial when 1 of them lost the game in the final mins and one of
the others allmost did the same...and one got his ass pulled from
the Jets game.....it does mater because they happened on passes
over 3 yards which suports the idea he cant throw the long ball well.

I did not make Trend Edwards stats up...and if you are to dumb
to read them and draw a conclusions from them that is not my
problem.

The idea that the rate of turnovers has anything to do with the rate of TDs is what's too dumb for words. So is the idea that it relates to the long ball because both passes you mentioned were short ones. And Trent never got pulled from any game. You asked for lies, there are a few right there.
See what defending JP does ... leads to becoming unglued. Just like JP when he runs backward 10 yards and tosses the ball across his body right to a defender.

Oaf
11-17-2007, 06:49 PM
Can we please just stop talking about this? If JP loses the next two games for us, just pull him and :stfu:. Note that I said "JP loses". There are more ways to lose a game than a QB.

acehole
11-17-2007, 06:50 PM
Really....Are comments like these necessary?

In response to calling me stupid yes.

I put him on ignore as he is stalking me.

Philagape
11-17-2007, 06:56 PM
In response to calling me stupid yes.

I put him on ignore as he is stalking me.

I called points stupid. Attack the post, not the poster.

And if someone is so unraveled by responses to their posts in an open forum, it's not my fault. :idunno: A public post is fair game for anyone.

acehole
11-17-2007, 07:06 PM
The idea that the rate of turnovers has anything to do with the rate of TDs is what's too dumb for words. So is the idea that it relates to the long ball because both passes you mentioned were short ones. And Trent never got pulled from any game. You asked for lies, there are a few right there.
See what defending JP does ... leads to becoming unglued. Just like JP when he runs backward 10 yards and tosses the ball across his body right to a defender.

Not what I said.

5 int's to one TD (Fact) will not get you far in the NFL is what I said.

If it does not mean anything why do they post it before every NFL game..
next to completion percentage, yards and attempts by the little photo of any starting QB.

It does mater it just doesnt make your case so you call it a lie.

Those int's were over 3 yards which is his comfort zone.

I am entitled to my opinion that he got pulled in the Jets game.

If he got pulled for injury he would be the starter now as he is healthy.

JP is starting because he outplayed Trend
not only in the Jets game but in general.
Including all those catagories above....
including his rating.

Check those lying stats will back me up.

If you don't like it write a letter to juron ...

Don't take it out on me.

Philagape
11-17-2007, 07:17 PM
Not what I said. You said they were related.

If it does not mean anything why do they post it before every NFL game..
next to completion percentage, yards and attempts by the little photo of any starting QB.
Would you rather they show stats one at a time? You think because they're shown together on TV they are actually related? Holy crap.

Those int's were over 3 yards which is his comfort zone. LIE. He's quite comfortable in intermediate throws too, which he does better than JP.

I am entitled to my opinion that he got pulled in the Jets game. You complain about not backing stuff up, so back up your opinion.
If he got pulled for injury he would be the starter now as he is healthy. LIE. JP didn't get his job back the minute he was healthy, so this team doesn't believe in that.

acehole
11-17-2007, 07:32 PM
All of these things are lies.