Question. Wasn't JPs Statement Game Last Week?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • raphael120
    Jason Peters rigorous at home training regiment
    • Oct 2005

Question. Wasn't JPs Statement Game Last Week?

Ok...so he played well against the worst defense in the league in Cincy...

Then he goes to Miami and follows up a decent performance by crapping the bed against arguably the worst team in the league.

Wasn't JP supposed to show up against the worst team in the league? How many straight 3 and outs did we manage?

Can you imagine if JP struggles against Miami what he's going to do against the Pats?

My point is...every next game is supposed to be "JP's big break out game" and "this will define JP's career" and "this is the time for JP to step up and win this starting QB job".

Is it just me or is it getting to be a broken record and we keep expecting great things from JP and he always---ALWAYS comes up short when it matters the most, against prime opponents, against tough defenses, when playoffs is on the line.

Im a fan of the Bills, and I'm a fan of whoever they put back there at QB...but I just don't know how much longer I can put up with this expectations that we set high for JP, but when he doesnt meet them, everyone just finds a way to justify WHY he played bad and make excuses for him. I'm sorry but gameplan, talent at WR, and lack of a run game had nothing to do with horribly thrown balls and costly sacks after he had over 5 seconds to throw the ball.

If JP can only bring to the table what he's brought...and he's going to be GONE at the end of the season, then why are we wasting time with him now? We should be playing the rookie and seeing if he can be the answer. I think it's becoming more and more obvioius that JP is not going to be the QB to lead us to the playoffs. You don't play like that against an 0-8 Miami team. You just don't.
  • HHURRICANE
    • Mar 2005

Re: Question. Wasn't JPs Statement Game Last Week?

I won't lie. The allure of this game was lost when JP was named the starter, I wasn't shocked but I know he is going to suck on Sunday. Than Monday I'll have to here all the excuses on why.

I can't believe that people gave him a pass for his game against Miami. It was just horrible and people act like it never happened.

Comment

• raphael120
      • Oct 2005

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
      I won't lie. The allure of this game was lost when JP was named the starter, I wasn't shocked but I know he is going to suck on Sunday. Than Monday I'll have to here all the excuses on why.

I can't believe that people gave him a pass for his game against Miami. It was just horrible and people act like it never happened.
      Glad im not the only one. I think if JP did all he did on that last drive, and Miami came back to score and win the game, I bet you people would say "well JP didnt lose the game for us, the defense lost it for us!" meanwhile the defense was out on the field the whole entire game getting their asses worn out because JP couldnt manage a drive past the first 3 plays.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
        • Mar 2005

Originally posted by raphael120
        Glad im not the only one. I think if JP did all he did on that last drive, and Miami came back to score and win the game, I bet you people would say "well JP didnt lose the game for us, the defense lost it for us!" meanwhile the defense was out on the field the whole entire game getting their asses worn out because JP couldnt manage a drive past the first 3 plays.
        This is by far the worst week ever on Billszone. The fact that people are giving JP a blind pass is just insane. I understand Jaurons decision to start JP but people act like it's a ringing endorsemnt.

The fact of the matter is that Jauron had no other choice.

Comment

• PcA125
          • May 2006

Trust me, you arnt the only one that feels that way
          Cheers!

Comment

• raphael120
            • Oct 2005

The Pats always take away JP's only weapon. Evans.

And we all know what happens when Evans is taken out of the game with blanket coverage.

At least Captain Dumpoff might give us a better chance if that's the case.

Comment

• Typ0
              honey pie
              • Jul 2002

Then he goes to Miami and follows up a decent performance by crapping the bed against arguably the worst team in the league.

Wasn't JP supposed to show up against the worst team in the league? How many straight 3 and outs did we manage?

Can you imagine if JP struggles against Miami what he's going to do against the Pats?

My point is...every next game is supposed to be "JP's big break out game" and "this will define JP's career" and "this is the time for JP to step up and win this starting QB job".

Is it just me or is it getting to be a broken record and we keep expecting great things from JP and he always---ALWAYS comes up short when it matters the most, against prime opponents, against tough defenses, when playoffs is on the line.

Im a fan of the Bills, and I'm a fan of whoever they put back there at QB...but I just don't know how much longer I can put up with this expectations that we set high for JP, but when he doesnt meet them, everyone just finds a way to justify WHY he played bad and make excuses for him. I'm sorry but gameplan, talent at WR, and lack of a run game had nothing to do with horribly thrown balls and costly sacks after he had over 5 seconds to throw the ball.

If JP can only bring to the table what he's brought...and he's going to be GONE at the end of the season, then why are we wasting time with him now? We should be playing the rookie and seeing if he can be the answer. I think it's becoming more and more obvioius that JP is not going to be the QB to lead us to the playoffs. You don't play like that against an 0-8 Miami team. You just don't.

BINGO!

Comment

• SquishDaFish
                Lets GO BUFFALO!!
                • Jun 2005

Can we just root for the Bills on Sunday and not worry about the coaches decisions? Who gives a crap what you think anyway? Enough of these threads already exist.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                  • Jul 2002

Then he goes to Miami and follows up a decent performance by crapping the bed against arguably the worst team in the league..
                  worst team but defensively they are ranked higher than us.

Can you imagine if JP struggles against Miami what he's going to do against the Pats? .
                  we have no better options.

Is it just me or is it getting to be a broken record .
                  this thread is wosre than a broken record. We're playing the PAts on Sunday and people are still whining about a win.

---ALWAYS comes up short when it matters the most,.
                  weird, when it mattered most he didn't crap in the 4th qtr. He actually led a comeback. I don't care who he played but he didn't lose the game. HE PLAYED ENOUGH TO WIN.

---
                  WHY he played bad and make excuses for him. I'm sorry but gameplan, talent at WR, and lack of a run game had nothing to do with horribly thrown balls and costly sacks after he had over 5 seconds to throw the ball.,.
                  He sucked but he made up for it. That's all I can ask from a qb based on the circumstances we're in.

---If JP can only bring to the table what he's brought...and he's going to be GONE at the end of the season, then why are we wasting time with him now? We should be playing the rookie and seeing if he can be the answer. I think it's becoming more and more obvioius that JP is not going to be the QB to lead us to the playoffs. You don't play like that against an 0-8 Miami team. You just don't.
                  I agree with this to a certain degree because I think he's gone no matter what but I also want to win now. Apparently our coaches still want to get to the playoffs and would rather start the qb that gives us the best chance to win against a heated rival. He isn't much but HE"s THE EBST WE'VE GOT.
                  sacrifice1
                  https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• justasportsfan
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BillsIN05
                    Can we just root for the Bills on Sunday and not worry about the coaches decisions? Who gives a crap what you think anyway? Enough of these threads already exist.
                    BINGO!
                    sacrifice1

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                      • Mar 2005

JP's career stats against the Pats:

55% completion ratio, 1TD, 5INTs, 9 sacks, 6 fumbles, 4 lost fumbles.

In the three games games that he started and finished he had 6 turnovers and 7 sacks.

You still think he gives us the best chance to win?

Comment

• raphael120
                        • Oct 2005

Originally posted by BillsIN05
                        If you dont ****ing like it then dont read this thread and dont post in it.

Comment

• raphael120
                          • Oct 2005

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                          weird, when it mattered most he didn't crap in the 4th qtr. He actually led a comeback. I don't care who he played but he didn't lose the game. HE PLAYED ENOUGH TO WIN.
                          LOL

Yeah, it says something about your QB when he has to mount a COMEBACK against a winless team. His ****ty play had us down in the first place.

I see you like polishing turds.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                            • Jul 2002

LOL

Yeah, it says something about your QB when he has to mount a COMEBACK against a winless team.
                            where did I say he was anything great?
                            His ****ty play had us down in the first place..
                            I'd rather have a crappy performance in the first half than in the 4th qtr. I'd rather have a TEAM WIN than a qb who throws 5 tds in a losing effort.

You're *****ing about something we have no control over. Why don't you come up with a solution? Who would you say gives us the better chance to win ? Trent? Nope.

I see you like polishing turds.
                            turds better than this thread.
                            sacrifice1

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                              • Jul 2002

enough with these gay threads already....

Comment

Working...
                              X