PDA

View Full Version : Reality check!!

HHURRICANE
11-16-2007, 09:39 AM
Dick Jauron get's alot of credit for having this team at 5-4 after all of the injuries. I also understand the excitement of a Sunday Night Game at home with the Pats. However:

1) We are playing the best team maybe in the history of the league and we are doing it without Lynch. I'll be rooting for a win but expecting a loss.

2) 5-4 is impressive no matter the opponant but our schedule now has us playing 5 teams with winning records who are all in playoff contention. So far, none of our wins are against opponants with a winning record.

3) After NE we are on the road against Jax and Washington. So 5-7 is completely feasible esepecially with Lynch potentially being out 3 weeks.

I love the Bills but we are not a playoff team. Our 5 wins are against some of the worst teams in football. Miami could be one of the worst teams ever.

I read the posts around here and I wonder if people actually watch any other games around the league.

When was the last time we felt like we actually deserved or had no doubt that we could beat a good team? People accept mediocrity but expect miracles at the same time.

I wouldn't mind being the favorite against a good team.

Just remember we are rebuilding when things don't look so good in three weeks.

Don't Panic
11-16-2007, 10:15 AM
It might be somewhat false optimism, but its optimism nonetheless, and its not completely unwarranted. This team played their ass off against an 8-1 team the last time we played under the lights. That's all I ask for this time around... solid effort in every department. I can walk away happy then. Also, if rebuilding were a 3 phase effort, we'd definitely be at the end of phase 2.

Mitchy moo
11-16-2007, 10:17 AM
Lynch potentially being out 3 weeks.

Great post except this part. WTF did you come up with that, off the top of your head?? I know your trying to make a point but keep it real please.

HHURRICANE
11-16-2007, 10:23 AM
Great post except this part. WTF did you come up with that, off the top of your head?? I know your trying to make a point but keep it real please.

I knew he wasn't playing before you guys did and I'm not psychic. Take it for what it's worth.

billsburgh
11-16-2007, 10:25 AM
I knew he wasn't playing before you guys did and I'm not psychic. Take it for what it's worth.
and you didnt share it with us? shame on you.

SquishDaFish
11-16-2007, 10:28 AM
I think skooby is trying to say dont throw #s out if you dont know for sure.

Mitchy moo
11-16-2007, 10:29 AM

I'm hearing he might suit up for the game even though he is sore, must be 2 different people we know. As per him being out 3 weeks, you are so far off base it's pathetic. Take it FWIW.

Mitchy moo
11-16-2007, 10:31 AM
I think skooby is trying to say dont throw #s out if you dont know for sure.

Exactly, I cannot stand when people do that. If your statements make sense, it's totally cool. Way off base numbers and we cannot verify it, I cannot stand it.

Ickybaluky
11-16-2007, 10:34 AM
If he has a high-ankle sprain, 3 weeks is pretty reasonable.

HHURRICANE
11-16-2007, 10:37 AM
I'm hearing he might suit up for the game even though he is sore, must be 2 different people we know. As per him being out 3 weeks, you are so far off base it's pathetic. Take it FWIW.

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=139623

I posted this before the news conference. I'm not getting my friends in trouble for a fan board.

Mitchy moo
11-16-2007, 10:41 AM
If he has a high-ankle sprain, 3 weeks is pretty reasonable.

He'd also be listed as out as well. I think that you Pats fans (however cool) are gripping for us to lose some of our best players. That's right I said gripping, because come sunday night midnight, your perfect season * dreams are over.

Ickybaluky
11-16-2007, 10:44 AM
He'd also be listed as out as well. I think that you Pats fans (however cool) are gripping for us to lose some of our best players. That's right I said gripping, because come sunday night midnight, your perfect season * dreams are over.

First, I could care less about who is in or out for the game. I don't worry about things I can't control, I just turn on the TV and watch the games.

Second, my dreams don't involve the Patriots, or football in general. I love the game and all, but I tend to be more selfish when it comes to dreaming.

Mitchy moo
11-16-2007, 10:48 AM
First, I could care less about who is in or out for the game. I don't worry about things I can't control, I just turn on the TV and watch the games.

Second, my dreams don't involve the Patriots, or football in general. I love the game and all, but I tend to be more selfish when it comes to dreaming.

We're Cool.

justasportsfan
11-16-2007, 10:49 AM
One whiny thread after another.