PDA

View Full Version : Bills Pats: Ref question

trapezeus
11-16-2007, 12:54 PM
So during the pats colts game, i think it's fair to say the majority of the calls went against the pats. Do you think that is going to happen again this week? Or was that random.

Or worse, do you think they'll overfavor them? Bills can't play the refs too in this one. They need it to be a fairly called game and they need the 12th man and some big time turnovers.

OpIv37
11-16-2007, 12:56 PM
The Colts are a much bigger draw than us and one of the few that can compete with the Pats for national attention.

If we manage to keep this game even reasonably close, expect a few questionable calls to go against us.

Mitchy moo
11-16-2007, 12:58 PM
The reality is we have been very well coached and we do not take alot of dumb penalties.

dannyek71
11-16-2007, 02:15 PM
The NFL does not want the Pats to go undefeated.

1) The FU that Bellicheck is giving the Nfl by running up the score is making them made.
2) The NFL just wants the SPYGate situation to go away. If the pats have an undefeated season it will only restart asteriks talk. If they loose, people will forget the situation much sooner.

arsenal
11-16-2007, 02:17 PM
hey you guys got all the questionable calls last week... im sure they will balance out this week

OpIv37
11-16-2007, 02:18 PM
The NFL does not want the Pats to go undefeated.

1) The FU that Bellicheck is giving the Nfl by running up the score is making them made.
2) The NFL just wants the SPYGate situation to go away. If the pats have an undefeated season it will only restart asteriks talk. If they loose, people will forget the situation much sooner.

the NFL DOES want the Pats to stay undefeated until at least week 14 for the ratings.

justasportsfan
11-16-2007, 02:18 PM
hey you guys got all the questionable calls last week... im sure they will balance out this week

boohooo!

Mr. Pink
11-16-2007, 02:21 PM
through the course of the season questionable calls all even out.

I dunno why some people even bring up this debate sometimes.

Some games you'll get all the close calls, others you'll get none...and once in a while it's all down the middle.

OpIv37
11-16-2007, 02:26 PM
through the course of the season questionable calls all even out.

I dunno why some people even bring up this debate sometimes.

Some games you'll get all the close calls, others you'll get none...and once in a while it's all down the middle.

Go watch the Colts/Patriots AFC Championship game from a few years back and tell me if you still believe that BS.

Over the course of the season it might average out, but we NEVER get questionable calls going our way against the Pats. NEVER.

trapezeus
11-16-2007, 02:49 PM
the NFL is a huge business. When the storylines are boring, they have the chance of losing money. The proof of that is the invent of the flex schedule. To think the the NFL would ask for one team to get the benefit of the doubt to increase appeal is not a ridiculous thought. plus you look at the NBA ref scandal.

A ref could win a lot by favoring the bills.

i think a lot of fans are pretty gullible about how influential money can be and how focused a league or corporation can be to inflate the bottom line.

Slim
11-16-2007, 03:13 PM
Go watch the Colts/Patriots AFC Championship game from a few years back and tell me if you still believe that BS.

Over the course of the season it might average out, but we NEVER get questionable calls going our way against the Pats. NEVER.

Haha remember that Whitner pick on week one last year when they called him out of bounds. That was great! :ill:

MikeInRoch
11-16-2007, 03:16 PM
"Just give it to them."

Mr. Pink
11-16-2007, 04:35 PM

We don't?

The Brady fumble near the goal-line could have gone either way, in fact it's arguable that he was definitely down. Called a fumble on the field reviewed and stood.

Edwards obviously stepping out of the back of the endzone a couple plays later called incorrectly on the field and upheld by the booth. No safety.

And that's just what I remember from that game earlier this year that went our way. Every team gets favorable calls from the refs here and there. It's a part of football.

John Doe
11-16-2007, 07:38 PM
We don't?

The Brady fumble near the goal-line could have gone either way, in fact it's arguable that he was definitely down. Called a fumble on the field reviewed and stood.

Edwards obviously stepping out of the back of the endzone a couple plays later called incorrectly on the field and upheld by the booth. No safety.

And that's just what I remember from that game earlier this year that went our way. Every team gets favorable calls from the refs here and there. It's a part of football.

Exactly.

If anyone thinks that the "fix" is in for NFL games they should give up watching football. It would seem pointless.

MikeInRoch
11-17-2007, 10:12 AM
I disagree about the Edwards play. To the naked eye, it surely did look like he stepped out - but the replay indicated that he actually had not. Also, the back official was looking right down at his feet, and therefore called it correctly.

Ickybaluky
11-17-2007, 10:23 AM
The ref for tomorrow's game in Bill Carollo, in his 19th season as an NFL official. This is the first Pats game he has worked this season. The only Bills game he worked previously this season was last week's game against Miami.