PDA

View Full Version : Just for fun... What would you consider a moral victory?

Pride
11-16-2007, 01:44 PM
Hey everyone... I'm rooting our team on to a win Sunday night like the rest of you... but I got to thinking today. What would it take for me to wake up Monday morning feeling good about our team?

If we win, obviously I will... but what if we lose?

A close score? If so, how close? 31-17? 45-21? 17-3? 7-3?

Holding the Pats to a reasonable score? 17 points?

Dominating Time of Possession? 35 min to 25 min?

For me... I suppose a moral victory for me would be that the game is not a blow out at the start of the 4th quarter. If I feel that we still have a chance to win while entering the 4th quarter.. I'll be happy.

Icing on the cake for me would be Losman playing well, Evans having a big game, and our D putting pressure on Brady.

How about you?

Mitchy moo
11-16-2007, 01:46 PM
Moral victories make only one person feel better, the person who lost. Nobody cares about the loser, except the loser themselves.

I will not wallow in self pity, nor will I accept 2nd. Bills will win and the Wilfork / Brady must pay.

Don't Panic
11-16-2007, 01:47 PM
I'd feel great if we kept it in single digits and it was still a game in the 4th quarter.

The King
11-16-2007, 01:52 PM
4INTs on Brady.

RockStar36
11-16-2007, 01:52 PM
Single digit loss, although I'm not big on moral victories. But to show we could hang with the Pats would mean a lot to the team in terms of confidence.

PECKERWOOD
11-16-2007, 01:59 PM
A Bills win. I would love the publicty Buffalo would get, it would truly be one of the best underdog stories in all of sports.

Mitchy moo
11-16-2007, 02:00 PM
A Bills win. I would love the publicty Buffalo would get, it would truly be one of the best underdog stories in all of sports.

Hopefully the NFL sees it like that as well and let's the refs know that Brady needs pain.

PECKERWOOD
11-16-2007, 02:02 PM
I'm all for bringing the pain! As long as it's within the rules! Afterall, we aren't the Oakland Raiders.

OpIv37
11-16-2007, 02:12 PM
no moral victories.

All or nothing.

justasportsfan
11-16-2007, 02:12 PM
I already had my moral victory for the year against the cowboys. We're playing a rival team that's owned us for years. No moral vicotry for me without the W after sunday.

Mr. Pink
11-16-2007, 02:18 PM
I've never been one for moral victories, it's just accepting mediocrity.

That being said, with some difficult games left on our schedule hanging in this game could go a long way in us actually keeping a high confidence level and making a serious run at the wild card.

If we get lambasted on national television, the team's psyche could go down the toilet and we could be in the midst of a very bad season.

Trust me, I'd prefer the win in the end though.

Mudflap1
11-16-2007, 02:22 PM
Yeah, I just can't take a loss to the Patriots (or anybody else, but particularly the Patriots) on any level. Losing to them in the first game last year in a squeaker did not make my feel any better. There's so much to gain by beating the Patriots, it's almost unfathomable. Nobody, NOBODY thinks that they can win, let alone expects it. They would shock everybody and have so much confidence. If they lost, it would just be another "close, but no cigar" game. I've watched enough of those for a lifetime. They need turnovers galore, and a coming of age game from Losman to be able to do it. This is the Bills' Super Bowl, so I expect them to come out and play like it. Are the Bills as talented as New England? No. But the Patriots put on their pads just like any other team in the NFL. There's 32 teams, not 119 like in college football (for Div. I-A). They can do this, but it's gonna take everything they've got.

If it's any extra added effect, the theme from "Rocky" happens to be playing behind me on XM radio right now.

Jon

Dr. Lecter
11-16-2007, 02:26 PM
Moral victories = Santa Claus = Easter Bunny = Tooth Fairy

patmoran2006
11-16-2007, 02:32 PM
horsecrap.

This is one of the best teams in NFL history.. I do believe in morale victories in this instance.

Have the defense play tough, stand up that sick offense, and make it a good game. To me, that's impressive enough for me.

I expect NOTHING from our offense, because I expect nothing from our coin-flip calibre QB.

Dr. Lecter
11-16-2007, 02:37 PM
Moral victories are for losers.

Sorry, but that much is true.

BAM
11-16-2007, 02:40 PM
Brady having a Romo (against us) type day would be great.

Winning would be better.

raphael120
11-16-2007, 02:42 PM
You don't hear people patting Indy on the back cuz they "hung with" the Pats.

Now Indy is considered chokers.

What's it say when a Bills board is discussing moral victories. You just resigning to the belief that we'll lose?

Pride
11-16-2007, 02:53 PM
The Colts were expected to compete, and possibly even win.
The Bills are expected to flop in incredible proportions. Hanging close could be considered a moral victory.

HHURRICANE
11-16-2007, 02:54 PM
Obviously winning is the only victory.

However, if we lose, than Losman being benched for good would be a moral victory.

mchurchfie
11-16-2007, 02:58 PM
Torn ligaments in both of Brady's knees.:punk:

justasportsfan
11-16-2007, 02:59 PM
The Colts were expected to compete, and possibly even win.
The Bills are expected to flop in incredible proportions. Hanging close could be considered a moral victory.

A loss would continue to make us their *****. Can't find any moral victory in that.

mybills
11-16-2007, 03:02 PM
A loss would continue to make us their *****. Can't find any moral victory in that.
ditto

imbondz
11-16-2007, 03:06 PM
Torn ligaments in both of Brady's knees.:punk:

:rofl: :hi5:

raphael120
11-16-2007, 04:23 PM

Haha.

Moral victories is like being a prison ***** and saying "well I didn't enjoy it!"

justasportsfan
11-16-2007, 04:26 PM
Haha.

Moral victories is like being a prison ***** and saying "well I didn't enjoy it!"I wouldn't know but I'll take your expert opinion on that

:jk:

raphael120
11-16-2007, 05:12 PM
I wouldn't know but I'll take your expert opinion on that

:jk:

Stronzo..

Night Train
11-16-2007, 05:21 PM
Geisel dumping Brady for Janeane Garofalo

YardRat
11-16-2007, 06:26 PM
My 'moral victory' scenario...

Buffalo steals the Patriots signals and knows all their calls by halftime.

Brady gets knocked out of the game (not injured, though) when McGargo 'accidently' 'gets pushed into' Brady and his elbow 'inadvertantly' makes contact with Brady's knee while McG is 'attempting to cushion his fall'.

Down by two, seconds left in the game, JP gets the ball knocked out of his hands and the Patriots recover, apparently ending the game for all intensive purposes. After reviewing the play the Tuck Rule is called, and Buffalo retains possession.

With no timeouts and out of FG range, JP completes a pass down the middle of the field, the special teams rush on and Lindell puts the game-winner through the uprights as the running clock hits 00:00.

Mudflap1
11-16-2007, 07:05 PM
I like that!

Jon