Just for fun... What would you consider a moral victory?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pride
    • Jul 2002

Just for fun... What would you consider a moral victory?

Hey everyone... I'm rooting our team on to a win Sunday night like the rest of you... but I got to thinking today. What would it take for me to wake up Monday morning feeling good about our team?

If we win, obviously I will... but what if we lose?

A close score? If so, how close? 31-17? 45-21? 17-3? 7-3?

Holding the Pats to a reasonable score? 17 points?

Dominating Time of Possession? 35 min to 25 min?

For me... I suppose a moral victory for me would be that the game is not a blow out at the start of the 4th quarter. If I feel that we still have a chance to win while entering the 4th quarter.. I'll be happy.

Icing on the cake for me would be Losman playing well, Evans having a big game, and our D putting pressure on Brady.

How about you?
  • Mitchy moo
    Roways rooking ahread!
    • Sep 2005

Re: Just for fun... What would you consider a moral victory?

Moral victories make only one person feel better, the person who lost. Nobody cares about the loser, except the loser themselves.

I will not wallow in self pity, nor will I accept 2nd. Bills will win and the Wilfork / Brady must pay.

Comment

• Don't Panic
      All-Pro Zoner
      • Dec 2005

I'd feel great if we kept it in single digits and it was still a game in the 4th quarter.

Comment

• The King
        Without me it's just Awe so
        • Jun 2004

4INTs on Brady.
        I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
        "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
        You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
        It was all
        true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
        He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
        mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• RockStar36
          Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
          • Sep 2004

Single digit loss, although I'm not big on moral victories. But to show we could hang with the Pats would mean a lot to the team in terms of confidence.

D & S Sports

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
            Defies all logic
            • Oct 2006

A Bills win. I would love the publicty Buffalo would get, it would truly be one of the best underdog stories in all of sports.

Comment

• Mitchy moo
              Roways rooking ahread!
              • Sep 2005

Originally posted by BuffaloFever
              A Bills win. I would love the publicty Buffalo would get, it would truly be one of the best underdog stories in all of sports.
              Hopefully the NFL sees it like that as well and let's the refs know that Brady needs pain.
              Last edited by Mitchy moo; 11-16-2007, 02:19 PM.

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
                Defies all logic
                • Oct 2006

I'm all for bringing the pain! As long as it's within the rules! Afterall, we aren't the Oakland Raiders.

Comment

• OpIv37
                  Acid Douching Asswipe
                  • Sep 2002

no moral victories.

All or nothing.
                  MiKiDo Facebook
                  MiKiDo Website

Comment

• justasportsfan
                    • Jul 2002

I already had my moral victory for the year against the cowboys. We're playing a rival team that's owned us for years. No moral vicotry for me without the W after sunday.
                    sacrifice1
                    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                      Peterman Sucks!
                      • Mar 2006

I've never been one for moral victories, it's just accepting mediocrity.

That being said, with some difficult games left on our schedule hanging in this game could go a long way in us actually keeping a high confidence level and making a serious run at the wild card.

If we get lambasted on national television, the team's psyche could go down the toilet and we could be in the midst of a very bad season.

Trust me, I'd prefer the win in the end though.

Comment

• Mudflap1
                        Next Question!
                        • Nov 2004

Yeah, I just can't take a loss to the Patriots (or anybody else, but particularly the Patriots) on any level. Losing to them in the first game last year in a squeaker did not make my feel any better. There's so much to gain by beating the Patriots, it's almost unfathomable. Nobody, NOBODY thinks that they can win, let alone expects it. They would shock everybody and have so much confidence. If they lost, it would just be another "close, but no cigar" game. I've watched enough of those for a lifetime. They need turnovers galore, and a coming of age game from Losman to be able to do it. This is the Bills' Super Bowl, so I expect them to come out and play like it. Are the Bills as talented as New England? No. But the Patriots put on their pads just like any other team in the NFL. There's 32 teams, not 119 like in college football (for Div. I-A). They can do this, but it's gonna take everything they've got.

If it's any extra added effect, the theme from "Rocky" happens to be playing behind me on XM radio right now.

Jon

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                          Zero for Zero!
                          • Mar 2003

Moral victories = Santa Claus = Easter Bunny = Tooth Fairy
                          Originally posted by mysticsoto
                          Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• patmoran2006
                            Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                            • Dec 2005

horsecrap.

This is one of the best teams in NFL history.. I do believe in morale victories in this instance.

Have the defense play tough, stand up that sick offense, and make it a good game. To me, that's impressive enough for me.

I expect NOTHING from our offense, because I expect nothing from our coin-flip calibre QB.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                              Zero for Zero!
                              • Mar 2003

Moral victories are for losers.

Sorry, but that much is true.
                              Originally posted by mysticsoto
                              Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

Working...
                              X