PDA

View Full Version : 5 Favorite Draft Prospects...

Tatonka
03-29-2003, 05:25 PM
i am not good at coming up with mock drafts.. i dont care enough about the teams..

i just want to know 5 guys in this draft that for whatever reason, you really like and want to see in a Bills uni this upcoming year.

doesnt have to be realistic.. but please dont state something totally absurd, like suggs, rodgers, newman, and palmer.

1. rasheed mathis
2. bryant johnson
3. dallas clarke
4. chawn thompson
5. ty warren

:nerd:

Schobel94
03-29-2003, 05:47 PM
Haynes, Haynes, Haynes, Haynes, and Kelsay. We need to upgrade the pass rush! Even Jim Kelly said so!

Tatonka
03-29-2003, 05:53 PM
and jim kelly is a draft expert :rolleyes: :D

MelK
03-29-2003, 05:59 PM
My choices will reflect some guys who I would like to target in the top couple of rounds.

Top 2 rounds-

DeWayne White, DE, Louisville -or-
Kevin Williams DE (prpbably gone) OK St

Jeff Faine C
Kelly Washington ( Top 2 suitors, Redskins and Falcons, took care of their WR spots and loss their 1st round picks)

3rd- 4th- 5th rds

Lamarcus McDonald, LB
I like your Mathis pick, Or Julian Battle
TE- Robert Johnson, Auburn

SoCalBillsFan
03-29-2003, 06:08 PM
Rasheen Mathis, kevin Williams, jeff faine, and one of the talented receivers are on my list (top 5 WR).

I don't want to draft a pass rusher just because we need one. If there isnt one there that is worth the pick, screw it and get someone else

Tatonka
03-29-2003, 06:52 PM
i wouldnt mind drafting a DE.. i just dont know who we are going to cut at DE to add the rookie..

i dont want to lose irons or denny yet.. so only way i see it happening is if mckenzie or jones is not 100% healthy.

SoCalBillsFan
03-29-2003, 07:26 PM
I really don't see how we can draft a DE. We have Irons, Denny, Jones, McKenzie, and Shoebel on the roster. Which one of those are we gonna cut? I really think between mcKenzie and Jones we have 2 "project" DEs already, in a sense that both could get significant playing time.

Of course, if there is a great DE on the board, we could get him, but if there are other great players on the board, I'd rather go with one of those.

shadowfax
03-29-2003, 08:48 PM
the following players at 23 if they don't trade up or down:

Jason Witten TE
Jeff Faine C
Johnathan Sullivan DT
Kevin Williams DT
Kelley Washington WR
Andre Woolfolk CB

I'll take bets.

The Spaz
03-29-2003, 08:59 PM
1. Kenny Peterson-DE/DT
2. Gerald haynes-DE
3. Chris Kelsay-DE
4. Raheen Mathis-DB
5. Montrae Holland- G

Go Bills!

Tatonka
03-29-2003, 09:18 PM
guys.. it cant be any player from any point in the draft..

just gimme 5 guys that you really like.. whether or not they fit what the team needs or not..

meaning, if you just love boller.. put him.. even though we wont take him..

Tatonka
03-29-2003, 09:19 PM
i would like to see ingtar's list.

SoCalBillsFan
03-29-2003, 09:28 PM
well in that case....:D

I like Mike doss (yes, I know, he's a SS)
I am interested to see how palamaula will do in the NFL (SS, USC)
I think Kyle Boller should be a first rounder, I like him
Kevin Williams looks like a player to me

TigerJ
03-29-2003, 11:19 PM
Kevin Williams, Tyrone Calico, Eric Steinbach, Rashean Mathis, Antwaan Peek

Kevikid
03-29-2003, 11:27 PM
If Kyle Boller is still around by our pick, we may be able to con a bad team out of their #2 this year and their #1 next year. I may be making up total BS here, but I think Irons was tried out as a LB last year in training camp. If we draft a DE early and don't want to waste the roster spot on 6 DEs, we could just list him as a LB (and use him as LB or DE).

venis2k1
03-29-2003, 11:40 PM
Teyo Johnson
Jeff Faine
Colin Cole
Dewayne Robertson
Boss Bailey

Kevikid
03-30-2003, 12:03 AM
I have some problems with Teyo. He wants to be a WR. He can't be a TE at his current weight, which is under 250. Additionally, all the hoopla around him has also died because he was measured as 6'5" in some combine stats that I have seen, and he also ran a 4.6-4.7, which is decent for a TE, terrible for a WR. Unless he picks up 20 lbs, he will be far too skinny and weak, based on his height and frame to play TE in the league.

venis2k1
03-30-2003, 12:33 AM
Originally posted by Kevikid
He can't be a TE at his current weight, which is under 250.

Tony Gonzalez is listed at 248.

BillsMan80
03-30-2003, 12:35 AM
1. Willis McGahee, RB, Miami
2. Jerome McDougle, DE, Miami
3. William Joseph, DT, Miami
4. Andre Johnson, WR, Miami
5. Jason Witten, TE, Tennessee

Any pattern there?

5 Top Prospects...Based IMO on potential.

1. Charles Rogers, WR, Michigan State
2. Willis McGahee, RB, Miami
3. Carson Palmer, QB, USC
4. DeWayne Robertson, DT, Kentucky
5. Terence Newman, CB, Kansas State

5 Underrated Prospects

1. Matt Wilhelm, LB, Ohio State
2. Chris Brown, RB, Colorado
3. Bryant Johnson, WR, Penn State
4. Calvin Pace, DE, Wake Forest
5. Ken Hamlin, FS, Arkansas

5 Overrated Prospects

1. Chris Kelsay, DE, Nebraska
2. Rien Long, DT, Washington State
3. Cory Redding, DE, Texas
4. Chris Simms, QB, Texas
5. Rex Grossman, QB, Florida

Tatonka
03-31-2003, 12:01 AM
i forgot about colin cole.. i like him alot...

ingtar.. lets see yours.. just random guys you would like to see in a bills uni.. from any round.

venis2k1
03-31-2003, 12:03 AM
Yea, Cole rules.

Ingtar33
03-31-2003, 12:57 AM
hmmm 5 guys

Rashean Mathis (Round 1) (solves our CB/FS/KR probs in one pick)

Austin King (Round 6) (C Northwestern, reminds me of Kent Hall)

Kassim Osgood (Round 3) (WR SD State, big fast receiver, very productive, great hands, good solid citizen... this might be an bit high due to his bad 40time at Indy)

James Lee (round 5) (DT Oragon St, big mountain of a man, with good athleticism... more of a project, but could be one of the diamonds of this draft)

Dallas Clark (round 2) (TE Iowa, OK size, great receiver, good blocker, fastest TE I've ever seen... true playmaker, and would be a steal in the 2nd round)

Bert102176
03-31-2003, 01:19 AM
hey Suggs got into trouble and may slip in the draft now be cool if he would slip to us, saw it on espnews not plus it said he didn't have a great workout not sure of anylinks if anyone find's one please post it.

Ingtar33
03-31-2003, 01:22 AM
No way Suggs falls bellow 15... nice thought though

Ingtar33
03-31-2003, 07:33 PM
I think I'll use this post to highlight the fact that I'm going to post a predraft "guidebook" of sorts to the forum fatefull, sometime around Wednesday the 2nd of April.

Then the monday or tuesday after the draft I'll be posting a post draft review.

Tatonka
03-31-2003, 10:12 PM
hey ing.. i think i will use this post to highlight the fact that i really appreciate the time you take to post your info.. i appreciate the info of almost all the hard working members of this forum.. but i will admit, i look forward to your posts more than others, because of the unique perspective you provide... your indepth analysis is pretty dead on..

thanks for taking the time..

i cant wait to read the draft guide.. cant wait!