• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • G. Host
    Banned
    • Jul 2002

NFL economics may force Bills move

Get NFL news, scores, stats, standings & more for your favorite teams and players -- plus watch highlights and live games! All on FoxSports.com.

The Bills hope to expand their Canadian ticket-holder base — an estimated 10,000 to 15,000 fans currently attend home games — while also drawing new corporate support from Toronto's thriving business community.

The Bills' local financial forecast is so gloomy that even building a new stadium in Buffalo wouldn't solve the problems. There aren't enough major companies to purchase large numbers of luxury boxes and club seats, which is a team's most important revenue stream besides money from the league's television contract. Since luxury box and club seat revenue isn't shared equally among NFL owners, the financial chasm between franchises continues to widen.

The disparity hasn't reached the same level as Major League Baseball, but the Bills already show signs of becoming the NFL's version of the Montreal Expos. Buffalo is one of just three teams without a postseason appearance this decade.

One former Bills player told FOXSports.com that isn't a coincidence.
    "Because of their situation, that organization makes a lot of decisions based more on keeping the franchise viable than winning and trying to make the playoffs," he said.
  • Nighthawk
    Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
    • Jul 2002

Re: NFL economics may force Bills move

More doom and gloom from people outside of Buffalo. Feel free to stop posting this crap.

Comment

• Devin
      The Octagon
      • Apr 2003

its not doom and gloom if its a reality.
      http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• Nighthawk
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Devin
        its not doom and gloom if its a reality.
        Yep, I know...everything's terrible in Buffalo, blah, blah, blah. You don't live here...don't worry about it!

Comment

• Night Train
          Retired - On Several Levels
          • Jul 2005

No kidding.
          Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• hydro
            • Oct 2005

Originally posted by Nighthawk
            Yep, I know...everything's terrible in Buffalo, blah, blah, blah. You don't live here...don't worry about it!
            Wow, you are really taking this personally aren't you?
            BERNIAC!

Comment

• Nighthawk
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Night Train

No kidding.
              Yep, you don't think they're jumping on the bandwagon, do you? I guess it was slow day on the writing front for this writer.

Comment

• Nighthawk
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by hydrosmak
                Wow, you are really taking this personally aren't you?
                No, I just get tired of certain people on this board constantly bringing this subject up. They don't know what they're talking about regarding Buffalo and it is very annoying. No, Buffalo isn't a booming city, but is far from dead either. Just get over it if you don't live here anymore.

Comment

• Devin
                  The Octagon
                  • Apr 2003

No, I just get tired of certain people on this board constantly bringing this subject up. They don't know what they're talking about regarding Buffalo and it is very annoying. No, Buffalo isn't a booming city, but is far from dead either. Just get over it if you don't live here anymore.
                  Right but there is a drastic difference between "far from dead" and "able to support an NFL team" and by support I mean keep up with the rest of the NFL not just sell out games at dirt cheap ticket prices on your way to 4-8 wins every year.

People, sorry I mean fans, will continue to bring it up as long as it is a reality. I would love nothing more then for Buffalo to stay put. But until some clear picture of what will happen to the team after RW's death emerges this debate will continue.

Comment

• hydro
                    • Oct 2005

The thing is it not like its the Buffalo Bills fault. The State and the Erie County government suck so hard nobody wants to bother with the high taxes around this area. They need to cut down on all the people on welfare and tell them to get a fuggin job.
                    BERNIAC!

Comment

• Nighthawk
                      • Jul 2002

Right but there is a drastic difference between "far from dead" and "able to support an NFL team" and by support I mean keep up with the rest of the NFL not just sell out games at dirt cheap ticket prices on your way to 4-8 wins every year.

People, sorry I mean fans, will continue to bring it up as long as it is a reality. I would love nothing more then for Buffalo to stay put. But until some clear picture of what will happen to the team after RW's death emerges this debate will continue.
                      Your logic is not even correct. If you're going to attack Buffalo's ability to keep an NFL team, then you sure as hell better question New Orleans, Jacksonville's or even Clevelands. These are all similar to Buffalo.

Comment

• Devin
                        The Octagon
                        • Apr 2003

Your logic is not even correct. If you're going to attack Buffalo's ability to keep an NFL team, then you sure as hell better question New Orleans, Jacksonville's or even Clevelands. These are all similar to Buffalo.
                        I cant comment on Jacksonville or Cleveland because im not familiar with thier situations. The Saints are doing very well financially, they signed a 4 year extension with the state of Louisiana this year to stay put and currently are working on finding a spot for a brand new stadium. There is a waiting list for season tickets now, and the Saints front office have done an outstanding job of signing all of thier key players to long term deals.

It is what it is.

Comment

• Nighthawk
                          • Jul 2002

I cant comment on Jacksonville or Cleveland because im not familiar with thier situations. The Saints are doing very well financially, they signed a 4 year extension with the state of Louisiana this year to stay put and currently are working on finding a spot for a brand new stadium. There is a waiting list for season tickets now, and the Saints front office have done an outstanding job of signing all of thier key players to long term deals.

It is what it is.
                          Let me give you a lesson. The Saints are still in NO because of the hurricane...nothing less, nothing more. That team was as good as gone right before the storm. They're still there because the NFL couldn't move them at that point. Sympathy is what kept the Saints in NO.

Comment

• Devin
                            The Octagon
                            • Apr 2003

Let me give you a lesson. The Saints are still in NO because of the hurricane...nothing less, nothing more. That team was as good as gone right before the storm. They're still there because the NFL couldn't move them at that point. Sympathy is what kept the Saints in NO.
                            lol. I see. Thanks for that.

The state of Louisiana has basically poured money into that team. Sure the NFL helped, same as if a big ass blizzard wiped half of Buffalo off the map they would help them.

Comment

• Nighthawk
                              • Jul 2002

lol. I see. Thanks for that.

The state of Louisiana has basically poured money into that team. Sure the NFL helped, same as if a big ass blizzard wiped half of Buffalo off the map they would help them.
                              Come on, Devin. I'm not being a jerk, I'm being serious. Everybody knows that the talk right before the storm was that NO was the leading candidate to relocate to LA. That is a fact. Spin it how you would like, but it is what it is.

Comment

Working...
                              X