PDA

View Full Version : Would a 10-6 record earn us a wild card berth?

Mitchy moo
11-17-2007, 08:19 PM
I really thought about it and think that if we beat the teams head to head that are likely to tie us, it might be enough. What does everyone else think?

Preacher
11-17-2007, 11:14 PM
Here is the issues..

Jags... 1 game up on you. You all PLAY them. if you beat them, they are tied and you have the tie-breaker. After that, they play Indi. I don't know if they are talented enough to beat Indi, even with injuries. BTW.. we also play them (Steelers).

Titans.. They are also 1 game up on you. They play Indi and San Diego, with Indi being the last game.

The other team you have to worry about right now are the Browns. However, you control that issue.

So to answer you question... 10-6 would mean that one of those teams (preferably Jags) go 3-4 over the next 7 games if they beat you, 4-3 if they don't beat you. I am not sure if they will lose 4 if they beat you. The better option is to beat them, and then watch them lose to Indi and us. Titans would also have to lose 3... maybe 4 depending on the tie breaker. Remember the tie breaker for wildcard is not head to head first, but winning percentage within the conferance.

Can 10-6 make it? yep, but you will be holding your breath for the second playoff spot, fending off the Browns and beating out the Jags probably.

Win this game... make it 12-4, and you will be in.

m1orenz
11-17-2007, 11:44 PM
while teams like cleveland and tennesse have a soft schedule, i dont think they are good enough to win all there easy games (cle lost to oak remember)

so if (big if) the bills get to 10 wins including wins over jax and cle, i feel they will make the playoffs

BillsOverDolphins
11-18-2007, 12:23 AM
we aren't going 10-6 so forget it...8-8 is realistic

Preacher
11-18-2007, 12:49 AM

Realistic, yes. But if the Bills take a couple teams by surprise, you are talking about 10-6.

Remember the Dallas game? The Bills CAN play that kind of ball... against teams not as good. 10-6 is definitely possible.

Preacher
11-18-2007, 12:51 AM

BTW...

it is a shame your not the Bengels. Their fans think 8-8 means the team is on the way to the Superbowl!

No kidding, come visit my home forum sometime.

jamze132
11-18-2007, 02:46 AM
IF the Bills DID happen to go 10-6, it would mean we probably beat the remaining AFC opponents which would get us into the playoffs. Hell, even if we did lose one to them, we still might get in. And the way some of the teams are playing, 9-7 with a great conference record mihgt get you in.

Mitchy moo
11-18-2007, 07:06 AM
Here is the issues..

Jags... 1 game up on you. You all PLAY them. if you beat them, they are tied and you have the tie-breaker. After that, they play Indi. I don't know if they are talented enough to beat Indi, even with injuries. BTW.. we also play them (Steelers).

Titans.. They are also 1 game up on you. They play Indi and San Diego, with Indi being the last game.

The other team you have to worry about right now are the Browns. However, you control that issue.

So to answer you question... 10-6 would mean that one of those teams (preferably Jags) go 3-4 over the next 7 games if they beat you, 4-3 if they don't beat you. I am not sure if they will lose 4 if they beat you. The better option is to beat them, and then watch them lose to Indi and us. Titans would also have to lose 3... maybe 4 depending on the tie breaker. Remember the tie breaker for wildcard is not head to head first, but winning percentage within the conferance.

Can 10-6 make it? yep, but you will be holding your breath for the second playoff spot, fending off the Browns and beating out the Jags probably.

Win this game... make it 12-4, and you will be in.

nice post.

shelby
11-18-2007, 07:16 AM
BUFFALO — New England, at Jacksonville, at Washington, Miami, at Cleveland, New York Giants, at Philadelphia.
Combined record of opponents: 35-28.

Probable losses to the Patriots and Giants. Huge games against the Jaguars Nov. 25 and the Browns Dec. 16.

Reasonable projection (with a healthy Marshawn Lynch for the final six games): 3-4 to finish 8-8. The Bills are trying to become the 10th team of the Super Bowl era to make the playoffs after a 1-4 start (most recently the 2004 Green Bay Packers).
Optimistic scenario: 4-3 to finish 9-7.

full story (http://www.democratandchronicle.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071118/SPORTS0101/711180332/1007/SPORTS)