PDA

View Full Version : Time for Losman to step it Up by Jerry Sullivan

Wally The Barber
11-18-2007, 07:41 AM
http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/football/other_nfl/view.bg?articleid=1045467

-WALLY

shelby
11-18-2007, 07:52 AM
From what I’m hearing, a lot of people are giving Losman a free pass on this game. The logic says it’s not fair to judge Losman against a great Pats team that has steamrolled every obstacle in its path, making some good QBs seem ordinary along the way.
Silly me, I thought the whole point of this exercise was finding out whether Losman could succeed against the better teams, in the most challenging situations. Isn’t the idea to find a quarterback who can stand up to the elite teams, against the Tom Brady (http://www.bostonherald.com/search/?searchSite=true&keyword=Tom+Brady&mode=score&sorting=pubdate) [stats (http://scores.heraldinteractive.com/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=bostonherald&page=nfl/teams/077/playeraaa.aspx?id=678,team=077)]s and Peyton Mannings of the world?
If it’s my money, this is precisely the moment where I take a long, hard look at Losman. You don’t invest $20 million in guaranteed dollars based on a QB’s performance against the worst defenses in the league. You want to see it against the best teams, the toughest defenses.
I’m not saying Losman has to beat the Pats. No one has beaten them. But he should be expected to play well.
There will be other tough games to measure him by, assuming Losman remains the starter. But you can’t just write off the Patriots game. It’s small-time thinking.
The quarterback story gets old, I know.
You keep looking until you find a guy who makes you feel confident in the biggest game of the year. Otherwise, why even bother?

i do agree with this.... Losman should not get a pass tonight.

Cntrygal
11-18-2007, 08:39 AM
I agree - as long as every other player on the field is held to the same standard.

DMBcrew36
11-18-2007, 08:41 AM
It's the same stuff that the morning crew on WGR was fighting with Jerry over earlier this week.

patmoran2006
11-18-2007, 08:59 AM
Spot on.

You want to see how your QB looks against the BEST teams. any scrub could look good against Cincinnati or the Jets.

DynaPaul
11-18-2007, 09:05 AM
A QB who can only beat bad defenses is practically worthless. Or Drew Bledsoe.

YardRat
11-18-2007, 09:24 AM
Fair is fair...a franchise quarterback needs to be a difference maker, not just a care-taker, otherwise he isn't worth franchise money.

mybills
11-18-2007, 09:27 AM
I’m not saying Losman has to beat the Pats. No one has beaten them. But he should be expected to play well.
There will be other tough games to measure him by, assuming Losman remains the starter. But you can’t just write off the Patriots game. It’s small-time thinking.

I hope he's addressing fans with this crap, and not JP. Because JP is going to do the best he can to help his team win this game. If it's not good enough, it's not good enough, but before we even find out (good or bad) nobody expects him to be the starter next year anyway. :dizzy:

And who the hell is writing it off? I don't know one single Bills fan that is writing it off, or giving him a pass. Not even his biggest supporters. :coocoo:

shelby
11-18-2007, 09:28 AM
It's an article. And the points brought up in the article are valid.

We're all Bills fans...no one wants JP to fail, especially tonight.

Cntrygal
11-18-2007, 09:32 AM
attack the post - not the poster.

Veiled attacks are also not allowed in this forum.

Thank you.

mybills
11-18-2007, 10:00 AM
It still ok to attack Jerry Sullivan, though, right? :D

acehole
11-18-2007, 10:59 AM
It still ok to attack Jerry Sullivan, though, right? :D

Yes sorry wally. I was referring to J Sulivan.

Bieng a trend edwards "supporter..."

justasportsfan
11-18-2007, 11:25 AM
We're all Bills fans...no one wants JP to fail, especially tonight.some people here could've fooled me.

djjimkelly
11-18-2007, 11:46 AM
Spot on.

You want to see how your QB looks against the BEST teams. any scrub could look good against Cincinnati or the Jets.

you also want to see how bad our wrs truly are and then make neceesary moves in offseason to get better at WR

raphael120
11-18-2007, 11:51 AM
some people here could've fooled me.

Oh give it a rest, justa. No one WANTS JP to fail, but he just seems to be a perennial loser when it matters the most.

We don't want to be pissed at Losman but when he plays like crap the way he normally does, he's the one causing the reaction, not the fans.

Everyone was praising JP when he played against Cincy, and you can't expect anything but themt o be critical of him when he's sucking. And quite frankly, he's sucked a lot more than he's played well.

justasportsfan
11-18-2007, 12:04 PM
Oh give it a rest, justa. No one WANTS JP to fail, but he just seems to be a perennial loser when it matters the most.

We don't want to be pissed at Losman but when he plays like crap the way he normally does, he's the one causing the reaction, not the fans.

Everyone was praising JP when he played against Cincy, and you can't expect anything but themt o be critical of him when he's sucking. And quite frankly, he's sucked a lot more than he's played well.
we won. If anyone who should give it a rest are the crybabies who are still crying over a win.

HHURRICANE
11-18-2007, 12:32 PM
we won. If anyone who should give it a rest are the crybabies who are still crying over a win.

As usual you are missing the point. Everyone here wants JP to play well, including me.

Nobody is complaing about the win. The problem is that JP played poorly enough that we almost lost a game to a team that hadn't won a game this year.

Had we not won the loss would have fallen directly on JP's shoulders because for three quarters he was the worst player out there.

We shouldn't have had to win a "squeeker".

Now we have to play the best team in the league with a QB that rarely plays to any of the potential that people keep assuming he has.

Billz_fan
11-18-2007, 12:33 PM
It's being said alot, Jaws was talking about this game on ESPN and his remark was, If the Bills are to have a chance against NE JP Loseman needs to take his game up a notch.

HHURRICANE
11-18-2007, 12:44 PM
It's being said alot, Jaws was talking about this game on ESPN and his remark was, If the Bills are to have a chance against NE JP Loseman needs to take his game up a notch.

People neglect the fact that the Bills won the TOP battle with Dallas which kept their offense off of the field. Edwards completed 70% of his passes.

Losman has to be efficient if we are to have any chance.

Novacane
11-18-2007, 01:01 PM

You did not feel that way when Edwards won but played poorly.

acehole
11-18-2007, 01:46 PM
People neglect the fact that the Bills won the TOP battle with Dallas which kept their offense off of the field. Edwards completed 70% of his passes.

Losman has to be efficient if we are to have any chance.

Not to turn this into another TE VS JP thread but JP has got TE beat in that dept via his rating. ...but yes with one WR worth a dam and no Lynch JP does have to make plays today. If we can keep it close to the 4th quarter we have a chance. JP does well in 4th quarter. I would love to see play action and roll outs, boot legs, draws, rb flairs and trickery. Like to see TE Gians in the mix as well. If they expect to line up and go mano e mano it might be a long day.

djjimkelly
11-18-2007, 02:26 PM
As usual you are missing the point. Everyone here wants JP to play well, including me.

Nobody is complaing about the win. The problem is that JP played poorly enough that we almost lost a game to a team that hadn't won a game this year.

Had we not won the loss would have fallen directly on JP's shoulders because for three quarters he was the worst player out there.

We shouldn't have had to win a "squeeker".

Now we have to play the best team in the league with a QB that rarely plays to any of the potential that people keep assuming he has.

ive been watching that eagles game with phins and they sure arent throttling the phins they arent really that bad

PcA125
11-18-2007, 03:22 PM
ive been watching that eagles game with phins and they sure arent throttling the phins they arent really that bad

Philly sucks this year and they had feely playing. We should beat philly

Novacane
11-18-2007, 03:27 PM

They are 0-10 but they are really not that bad??? :roflmao: Losman fans reaaally reaching for excuses now :lmao:

raphael120
11-18-2007, 04:41 PM
They are 0-10 but they are really not that bad??? :roflmao: Losman fans reaaally reaching for excuses now :lmao:

Kinda sad, huh?

Oh well, we'll hear a different tune tonight when JP embarrasses Bills fans.

shelby
11-18-2007, 05:50 PM
i hope he won't embarass anyone.

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
11-18-2007, 06:29 PM
did the Buffalo :z: fire Jerry Sullivan what's he doing reporting for the Boston Herald