PDA

View Full Version : moss TD proof why COVER 2 blows

djjimkelly
11-18-2007, 07:44 PM
leaving safety to account for 2 wrs welker flashing over middle and then moss on fly

COVER 2 is a joke!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jdbillsfan
11-18-2007, 07:55 PM
DiG was there to cover Welker.

Mr. Pink
11-18-2007, 07:57 PM
Moss TD is proof why having a converted WR playing safety is a joke, actually.

djjimkelly
11-18-2007, 08:07 PM
the cover 2 being picked apart this is a great D vs avg qbs vs real qbs u need man to man we have it in our repetoire why we havent seen it yet god knows becuz pats taking yards as they want

djjimkelly
11-18-2007, 08:56 PM
u know once again totally sad i make a comment on our scheme truly a handful comment on it we would rather blast this player or that player.

ILL BLAME COACHES RUSHING 4 AND SITTING IN ZONE ALLOWING BRADY TO SHRED US.

THIS DEFENSIVE SCHEME IS A JOKE. OUR COACHING STAFF IS ALSO A JOKE FOR HAVING NO ANSWER!!!!!!!!!

WE ARE PLAYING A TEAM THAT STARTS IN A 4-3 THEN LOL FLIPS INTO A 3-4 WITHOUT MISSING A BEAT THEY MIX IN ZONE PRESS REGUALR MAN ALL OUT BLITZES DAMN THERE IS ACTUALLY COACHING WE SIT THE AND RUSH 4 DROP 7 IN SAME ZONE BASICALLY EVERY PLAY.

OUR SCHEME IS A JOKE!!!!!!!

YardRat
11-18-2007, 09:08 PM
I don't agree it's the scheme...It's the execution and talent that is making the difference.

Mr. Pink
11-18-2007, 09:09 PM
The scheme isn't a joke, it works in the NFL...our personnel doesn't make the scheme work. If we had any semblance of a pass rush you wouldn't see this happen.

Therefor, it's the players that are a joke.

Just like the Browns...the 3-4 scheme isn't a joke, their personnel is.

T-Long
11-18-2007, 09:10 PM
if we play man to man we'd be getting beat even worse!

djjimkelly
11-18-2007, 09:29 PM
if we play man to man we'd be getting beat even worse!

id rather see them force pats to throw vs man to man then into sure holes in coverage

djjimkelly
11-18-2007, 09:57 PM

he wasnt but if that was case what a mismatch more proof scheme is comical

Crisis
11-18-2007, 10:30 PM
the colts held the pats in check with the same scheme

Kerr
11-18-2007, 10:34 PM

and the difference was that Freeney and Mathis were harrasing brady most of the game and making him uncomfortable. That makes their secondary looks a whole lot better.

OpIv37
11-18-2007, 10:51 PM

oh, right- there's your solution! Put a backup MLB on Welker!

This is another reason why the Cover 2 blows. DiG can't cover Welker, and if our coaches had half a brain, they'd find a D where he wasn't expected to.

Going into this game, our D was playing a lot better and I was starting to wonder if maybe we had a great start to finding that perfect mix of personnel to make the D work. Turns out we were just playing ****ty offenses.

the Pats' starters had 7 possessions and 7 TD's. We can even give them a break on the first one since they started in the red zone due to the TO- that's not their fault. And they're still 0 for 6. Pathetic.

djjimkelly
11-19-2007, 10:46 AM

sjows how much u know i saw colts doubling moss ALOT we didnt double him once.

the joke is we play the pats who have as many mismatches as anyone could have vs us and not bother blitxing or doubling anyone.

no our solution is to roll out 4 de's and drop in a soft zone LOL

keep giving coaches the free pass make everything about the QB.

our coaches are a joke i didnt expect to win last night.

i didnt expect to get mocked that bad either.

EDS
11-19-2007, 11:36 AM
leaving safety to account for 2 wrs welker flashing over middle and then moss on fly

COVER 2 is a joke!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I completely agree. The scheme only works in one of two scenarios:

1. Perfect personnel - ala Chicago and Tampa Bay.
2. Perfect offense that scores points - ala Indy where the other team is constently playing catch-up.

Outside of those scenarios the defense is wretched. This team is now in the meat of its schedule playing a number of legit playoff contenders in the next few weeks. We should know soon whether the defense is "bend but don't break" or "broken" soon.

YardRat
11-19-2007, 12:44 PM
sjows how much u know i saw colts doubling moss ALOT we didnt double him once.

the joke is we play the pats who have as many mismatches as anyone could have vs us and not bother blitxing or doubling anyone.

no our solution is to roll out 4 de's and drop in a soft zone LOL

keep giving coaches the free pass make everything about the QB.

our coaches are a joke i didnt expect to win last night.

i didnt expect to get mocked that bad either.

Please explain in detail what 'scheme' you would have used if you were the DC.

OpIv37
11-19-2007, 12:53 PM
Please explain in detail what 'scheme' you would have used if you were the DC.

we're roped into the C2 because that's what the players have been taught and that's the personnel we brought in. But it was a really bad decision to bring it here. Schobel is no Freeney and Whitner is no Sanders.