PDA

View Full Version : Was it classless when...

lordofgun
11-18-2007, 09:51 PM
...we beat the Raiders 51-3 in the AFC Championship game?

njsue
11-18-2007, 09:54 PM

No. The Raiders QB Stunk!

Ingtar33
11-18-2007, 09:54 PM
it was 48 - 3 at the half. and we pulled it back. scoring 3 in the 2nd half.

YardRat
11-18-2007, 09:55 PM
Did Buffalo go for it on fourth down in the second half after building the huge lead in the first? You want me to answer for you?

lordofgun
11-18-2007, 09:56 PM
According to some, we should have stopped at 35.

hurls
11-18-2007, 11:08 PM

The Raiders' QB stunk is your defense? I didn't relalize the Bills had Elway or Montana under center. :rofl:

OpIv37
11-18-2007, 11:10 PM
According to some, we should have stopped at 35.

the first half is the first half- no one expects you to call it in the first half. And we didn't go for it on 4th down in that game.

But going for it TWICE on 4th down late in the 3rd with the game well under control- different story altogether.

Mr. Cynical
11-19-2007, 12:33 AM

:bf1:

Mr. Cynical
11-19-2007, 12:34 AM
the first half is the first half- no one expects you to call it in the first half. And we didn't go for it on 4th down in that game.

But going for it TWICE on 4th down late in the 3rd with the game well under control- different story altogether.

:10:

That's because Marv has CLASS. Belicheat is missing the first two letters of that word.

Carlton Bailey
11-19-2007, 01:00 AM

Losman doesn't? I think Jay Schroeder was probably better than JP's ever going to be, unfortunately.

Billscusey
11-19-2007, 01:03 AM
Don't any of you remember "The Comeback?!" You NEVER stop trying to score, even when you think it's in the bag. Just ask the Oilers!

jamze132
11-19-2007, 02:05 AM
Our defense should have stopped them. Obviously they would have if they could but it would have been more embarrassing for the Bills if NE took pity and started punting, almost on purpose as to not run up the score. I don't blam them at all. They did what I can't wait to do one day.

mysticsoto
11-19-2007, 07:48 AM
Not only that, but personal fouls at the end of the game for unnecessary roughness on their part??? Still blitzing on our last drive? Clearly the defense wanted to try and force another fumble/score at the end...

Completely classless of the Patriots!!! My hatred for them is starting to reach Dolphin standards...

HHURRICANE
11-19-2007, 08:15 AM
Sorry guys but only losers discuss the unfairness of how they lost.

The Pats are sending a message to every opponant they face.

Jauron could have *****ed at Bellicheck but basically told him great job.

This isn't college. There is enough parity and things in place that if NE is that good shame on the other 31 teams.

11-19-2007, 09:11 AM
i agree 100%

Bosco
11-19-2007, 10:02 AM

Just like our QB....and the results were the same.

justasportsfan
11-19-2007, 10:05 AM
I was hoping the Pats would keep Marsha in there and score 50 more points and expose further how far we are . I was hoping Dick would suffer the worse loss in NFL history.

mchurchfie
11-19-2007, 10:10 AM
Don't any of you remember "The Comeback?!" You NEVER stop trying to score, even when you think it's in the bag. Just ask the Oilers!
:spit:With JP and his receiving corps??

Michael82
11-19-2007, 11:59 AM
My hatred for them is starting to reach Dolphin standards...

I'm shocked that more people don't feel this way. This Patriots team is coming close to the 1970's Dolphin team. The own us right now and there is nothing we can do about it. I wasn't alive for the Dolphins domination in the 70s....but now I have wayyy more hatred and dislike for the New England Patriots than the Miami Dolphins. IMO, the biggest rivalry is now the New England game. I want to see bad things happen to Bob Kraft, Bill Belichick, Tom Brady, Randy Moss, Vince Wilfork, Rodney Harrison and all of those ****ing *******s! :mad: :curse:

DynaPaul
11-19-2007, 03:27 PM
Totally classless on New England's part. During the AFC Championship game we did not go for it twice on 4th and 1's sitting on a huge lead among other things. Besides, that was also a playoff game where we had to take them out. In no way are those two games even remotely similar. We were pretty much done in the first quarter.

The Answer
11-19-2007, 03:34 PM
Seriously who really cares how much the scored on us? The Answer is glad they ran up the score to put a bad taste in this defenses mouth the rest of the season so they come focused the next 6 weeks and play with anger and passion.

Bellicheat answered the media already a few times this year when posed the question of running up the score - what's the difference between 3 and 7 points? You are still adding to the score either way - and this is why the pats are the greatest dynasty of all time - THEY PLAY TO WIN.

We can only hope someday our coaching staff understands this and gets aggressive!

~The Answer

the REAL Rudeman
11-19-2007, 04:13 PM
I don't mind any team running up a score, IF....

1. They do it honestly. If the game is out of reach, throw in your 2nd stringers. If the score gets run up from there, so be it. you suck and deserve it.

2. If the players that are out there ARE first sting and there are personal accolades on the line (like Brady), running up the score using normal play patterns is fair game. But running up a score and using trickery/deception sucks and you are asking and deserve to be cheap shotted. You don't bunt in the 8th when you're up 8-1.

My two cents.

Akhippo
11-19-2007, 07:50 PM
Its all about class. Plain and simple. Its not about securing a lead till the end or "playing the whole game hard". Sports comes with unwritten dos and donts even if some dont want to admit it.

Would anybody be in an uproar if they decided to go for two. Or the people around here rationalize it as them trying to work on their goal line offense.

I dont mind if the score get ran up if they run normal plays all game. Hell, it could be 70-0. You just got beat. But you throw in a flea flicker for the 10th score. or going for it on fourth, or going for two instead of 1. Those are classless and are defining the Pats franchise.

G Wolly
11-19-2007, 08:03 PM
That's because Marv has CLASS. Belicheat is missing the first two letters of that word.

I see what ya did there.

Mr. Pink
11-19-2007, 08:08 PM
As Woody Hayes said in the 70s about the Ohio St - Michigan rvilary...Coach, why did you go for two? "because I couldn't go for three."

Jeff1220
11-19-2007, 10:16 PM

The Oilers didn't stop trying, they just didn't succeed at trying.

Night Train
11-20-2007, 05:21 AM

41-3 at the half, scoring 10 in the 2nd half.

http://www.buffalobills.com/display_cont.jsp?cont_id=81800

Throne Logic
11-21-2007, 11:49 PM

How'd that strategy work out for Houston up 35 - 3 over Buffalo in the early minutes of the third quarter?

Spiderweb
11-22-2007, 03:53 AM

How many INT's did Schroeder have that day? Also, of note, it was 41-3 at half. The dogs were called off in the second half.....

Mr. Pink
11-22-2007, 02:17 PM
So GB is up 34-12 now in the 4th quarter...

They just had a long completion to Driver when it was 31-12 down to the 5. First play pass to endzone, 2nd down run, 3rd down another pass to endzone.

Is that classless too? Considering they were up by 3 scores in the 4th quarter and the Lions offense has looked inept.

Or do Favre and the Pack get a pass from fans because they're not the Pats?

Historian
11-22-2007, 03:36 PM
Lions made a game of it.

BIG difference.

YardRat
11-22-2007, 04:02 PM
So GB is up 34-12 now in the 4th quarter...

They just had a long completion to Driver when it was 31-12 down to the 5. First play pass to endzone, 2nd down run, 3rd down another pass to endzone.

Is that classless too? Considering they were up by 3 scores in the 4th quarter and the Lions offense has looked inept.

Or do Favre and the Pack get a pass from fans because they're not the Pats?

Green Bay kicked the FG on 4th down...Bigger difference.

Krisinu
11-22-2007, 04:45 PM
well after 3 no completions maybe a FG is more of a sure thing for the packers. with new england, it could be said that a pass is more of a sure thing than a FG.

either way you put it, it's still subjective whether one option is classless over the other. you can just see by this conversation. there is NO RIGHT way of doing it and i think we should really just get over this topic and focus more on what teams can do to be more competitive. calling the patriots classless is not going to stop them. focusing on this topic is wasting time that could have been focused on something more useful.

arguing about what's classy is not going to help anyone except give the fans of opposing teams irrelevent satisfaction which again.. is still subjective.

Mr. Pink
11-23-2007, 11:44 AM
Lions made a game of it.

BIG difference.

that just proved my point more...According to some people their lead should have been big enough in the 4th quarter that trying to score more was a slap in the face and disrespect.

The Lions showed that any team is capable of scoring in a hurry and making a game competitive again.

Hence why you don't lay off the gas if you have a chance to nail the coffin.