PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts and Questions about the game

historypete
11-18-2007, 10:17 PM
Well, where to begin???

If JP has such a strong arm, why does he always seem to throw the ball into the ground?

Did we just pay our starting DEs a combined $75 million to get absolutely no pass rush and constantly run by the QB?

Why the hell is Anthony Thomas getting all the carries and Wright and Jackson get nothing? I know Wright coughed that one up, but who cares its not like Thomas is giving us anything. Let the young kids play.

So does anyone still want to argue with me that our TEs are pretty good and they should have been a part of the gameplan to keep the Pats on their toes?

I saw progress in the defense as the game went on. It took NE more plays to score on each drive in the first half (2, 6, 8, 10, 12).

I love the continued uncreative, boring, bland, and pathetic gameplan our Offensive Coordinator devised. The one time we actually moved the ball was because they spread the field a bit. The rest of the time it was that stupid 2 TE set. I particularly love the Kris Chambers move at TE. That was pretty exotic.

This is by far the worst our Defense has looked all year. No pressure, poor zone coverage, blown coverages. It didn't matter what we tried, it was pathetic.

A couple of nice calls by Jauron. I especially loved that FG call on 4th and 7. I wonder what the explanation will be for that. Probably something like: "Well, if we didn't get the 1st down I didn't want NE to get that great field position."

I pretty much figured we would get our lunch handed to us today, but I never thought it would have been this bad and embarrasing. I'm sorry, we've won 4 in a row, but this loss clearly shows we don't even belong in the playoff chase. I still like Fewell, he comes up with creative gameplans, its not his fault his Dline can get pressure. But as for Fairchild and Jauron enough is enough.

trapezeus
11-18-2007, 10:59 PM
i'd like to have seen the bills move the ball in the first two drives. that would have helped with the pysche of team, it would have let the defense know that they didn't have to be the difference.

truly a poor game from top on down. very far from being even in the middle of the pack.

Oaf
11-18-2007, 11:01 PM
Jackson > Thomas > Wright

But I agree, Thomas had no business getting reps in the 2nd half.

OpIv37
11-18-2007, 11:05 PM
Between Kelsay, Schobel, Denney and Tripplett, we have a ton of money tied up in a very unproductive DL.

Hargrove's easily better than Denney and Tripplett and arguably better than Kelsay (definitely more versatile) and he makes vet minimum.

historypete
11-18-2007, 11:06 PM
But I agree, Thomas had no business getting reps in the 2nd half.

As far as I'm concerned, Thomas didn't need to be in the game at all. Everyone points to his pass blocking, but I don't think it is that great, especially when they are keeping Royal or Gaines in the backfield. I think he is useless actually. His YPC sucks, he hasn't added anything in the passing game. His blocking is average, but I'd rather have one of the young guys in there trying to make a play.

patmoran2006
11-18-2007, 11:33 PM
I saw progress in the defense as the game went on. It took NE more plays to score on each drive in the first half (2, 6, 8, 10, 12)..
lol

jamze132
11-19-2007, 02:21 AM
Sorry guys, our team gets a bye for this game. We don't compare to them in any aspect of the game.

BUT I will say that I was getting sick and tired of watching the $75 mil dynamic duo run right past Brady EVERY PLAY! Other than that, I don't have any complaints. I also think we officially found out that Whitner kind of sucks in coverage ala Roy Williams.