PDA

View Full Version : Guess I'm a homer

OpIv37
11-18-2007, 10:31 PM
turns out my prediction of 38-10 NE was WAY too positive.

This was the same old Buffalo Bills. Zone D full of holes- there was no one anywhere near the Pats' WR's when they were making catches. Big plays immediately followed by mistakes. A QB who looks like Roger Staubach on one play and Rob Johnson on the next play.

All the supposed positives of this season- what did it get us? We're still a distant second to NE. Everyone says we're 0-0 when the season starts. Nope. We're 0-2.

We got dominated in every phase of the game. I still say the Dallas loss was worse, but this was a thorough beat down in every sense of the word.

Is there anyone left who doesn't think NE is going 19-0?

BillsOverDolphins
11-18-2007, 10:34 PM
Yes, we are still a mediocre at best team, but to be fair everyone in the NFL is a distant second to NE

OpIv37
11-18-2007, 10:35 PM
Yes, we are still a mediocre at best team, but to be fair everyone in the NFL is a distant second to NE

It just goes to show that all the supposed improvement we had was due at least equally to the fact that we played inferior competition to the fact that we actually improved.

We actually did significantly WORSE against NE this time than last time, and we had more injuries last time.

ajsdx
11-18-2007, 10:36 PM
Seriously, this is what it must have been like to be an anti-Bulls fan in the mid 90s.

OpIv37
11-18-2007, 10:36 PM
btw, in the true sense of the Buffalo Bills, consider this mediocre contribution my post-game review this week. I'm too tired and disillusioned to think about this **** anymore.

BillsOverDolphins
11-18-2007, 10:39 PM
It just goes to show that all the supposed improvement we had was due at least equally to the fact that we played inferior competition to the fact that we actually improved.

We actually did significantly WORSE against NE this time than last time, and we had more injuries last time.
no arguments here...we beat up on crap teams and lose to good ones. That's reflected in our record: 5-5, mediocre

Crisis
11-18-2007, 10:41 PM
i cant even count the number of times we've been beat down by the pats on primetime/when they come out of their bye.

god i ****ing hate the ****ing patriots so much

OpIv37
11-18-2007, 10:44 PM
i cant even count the number of times we've been beat down by the pats on primetime/when they come out of their bye.

god i ****ing hate the ****ing patriots so much

when they bumped us to the night game, my exact quote was "Why does the NFL hate us?" They do this to us every year- they take the least winnable game on the schedule and make it even more difficult, as if the Pats actually need another advantage.

Johnny Bugmenot
11-18-2007, 10:54 PM
"Why does the NFL hate us?"

Canada (Toronto) and Los Angeles, that's why. Jacksonville's going to one of them. The other one is coming down to Minnesota or Buffalo.

They scheduled MNF with the Bills on Canadian Thanksgiving for a reason.

Philagape
11-18-2007, 10:59 PM
Before anyone says the Patriots kill everybody, this was their biggest win of the season.

John Doe
11-19-2007, 05:42 AM
btw, in the true sense of the Buffalo Bills, consider this mediocre contribution my post-game review this week. I'm too tired and disillusioned to think about this **** anymore.

I guess that there is always a silver lining.

YardRat
11-19-2007, 05:50 AM

This was the same old Buffalo Bills. Zone D full of holes- there was no one anywhere near the Pats' WR's when they were making catches. Big plays immediately followed by mistakes. A QB who looks like Roger Staubach on one play and Rob Johnson on the next play.

All the supposed positives of this season- what did it get us? We're still a distant second to NE. Everyone says we're 0-0 when the season starts. Nope. We're 0-2.

We got dominated in every phase of the game. I still say the Dallas loss was worse, but this was a thorough beat down in every sense of the word.

They'll lose. I just hope it's in the playoffs, and not a 'token' loss in the regular season like the '86 Bears.

Mitchy moo
11-19-2007, 06:06 AM

We also had a different QB play a majority of that game & obviously keeping NE's offense off the field is a good idea. If 3 downs and a punt was our gameplan last night, we did it.

Mitchy moo
11-19-2007, 06:10 AM
NE also had ~35:00 Time of possession, we had ~25:00. Just Punt (JP) didn't help much on offense, nor did the line defend him well either.

SquishDaFish
11-19-2007, 06:53 AM
Skooby it wasnt JPs fault bro open your eyes. Enough with the hate. This WHOLE team got Embarresed!

Mitchy moo
11-19-2007, 07:02 AM
Skooby it wasnt JPs fault bro open your eyes. Enough with the hate. This WHOLE team got Embarresed!

It was a team loss, not one person. JP threw at least 8 bad passes yesterday, minimum. Maybe a few of the receivers ran the route wrong but their feet is not a place to be catching balls.

I don't have hate for JP, just a complete lack of respect for his game. Do you think the Pats want JP to play?? You bet, they have owned him for years now. They know how to get him rattled and out of sort, which doesn't take much. They could not rattle TE in our first meeting and he actually had a scoring drive to open up against them. Without Lynch in there, we we're not going to win the game but I would of liked it to be close.

Pray Lynch comes back and the coaches wake up who should start at QB. Just Punt (JP) is done.

OpIv37
11-19-2007, 07:44 AM
We also had a different QB play a majority of that game & obviously keeping NE's offense off the field is a good idea. If 3 downs and a punt was our gameplan last night, we did it.

don't forget the D allowing 7 TD's in 7 offensive possessions for NE's starters. It doesn't matter what our O did- if our D allows a TD every time, there's no chance we're going to keep up. Even if we answered with 6 TD's and a FG, we would have still lost.

Philagape
11-19-2007, 08:15 AM
it wasnt JPs fault

Why do you keep responding to a point that no one is making? No one's pinning the loss all on him. It's not a W/L issue. Would you rather people just not mention him at all? This is what was meant during the week by giving him a pass because it's the Pats.

HHURRICANE
11-19-2007, 08:20 AM

Skooby gets it so why is it so hard for everyone else.

The keys to beating NE again:

1) Pass rush. We had none.

2) No turnovers. Enough said.

3) Move the chains and keep the O off of the field.

JP cannot operate an O that controls the ball. It is impossible for him. His sack and pick was disatrous and set the tone for the entire game.

Billzz
11-19-2007, 09:15 AM
Skooby gets it so why is it so hard for everyone else.

The keys to beating NE again:

1) Pass rush. We had none.

2) No turnovers. Enough said.

3) Move the chains and keep the O off of the field.

JP cannot operate an O that controls the ball. It is impossible for him. His sack and pick was disatrous and set the tone for the entire game.

I agree with all points except the pick. My gut reaction when seeing it was WTF JP YOU !@#$%^&*(). In hindsight it looked more like a really bad communication between Reed and him, pin that one on a qb situation that rotates weekly.

Philagape
11-19-2007, 09:23 AM
pin that one on a qb situation that rotates weekly.

Huh?

JP and Reed have been playing together for three years, including 22 of the last 26 games and the last four. Missing four and a half games is supposed to undo all that?

raphael120
11-19-2007, 09:39 AM
i am SO ****ING SICK AND TIRED OF PEOPLE MAKING EXCUSES FOR JP!!!!!

WRONG COMMUNICATION!?!?!

REED WAS RUNNING A ROUTE, JP JUST PLACED THE BALL WAAAAYYYY TOO AHEAD OF REED! REEDS ROUTE WAS SIMPLE, JP THREW A BAD PASS!

just like his ball to evans where it hit his feet when EVANS WAS WIDE ****ING OPEN!

JP is HORRIBLE at throwing passes

Billzz
11-19-2007, 09:43 AM
Huh?

JP and Reed have been playing together for three years, including 22 of the last 26 games and the last four. Missing four and a half games is supposed to undo all that?

The Reed runs his route based on the coverage, Reed pulled up, JP thought he was going to continue across the middle like he has in multiple games I have seen this year.

Don't get me wrong it was a PICK wether Reed continued or not because of the defensive players position, but atleast it might of been knocked down. Not arguing JP didn't suck on that throw, but yes missing game and practice time does throw off peoples rythm's. If it didn't we would have rotating QB's like they do in College.

raphael120
11-19-2007, 09:45 AM
The Reed runs his route based on the coverage, Reed pulled up, JP thought he was going to continue across the middle like he has in multiple games I have seen this year.

Don't get me wrong it was a PICK wether Reed continued or not because of the defensive players position, but atleast it might of been knocked down. Not arguing JP didn't suck on that throw, but yes missing game and practice time does throw off peoples rythm's. If it didn't we would have rotating QB's like they do in College.
funny, Edwards didn't get picked off by WR's running wrong routes. and he had LESS time getting into a groove with WR's. Trent just made 2 bad plays in 2 games, JP made TONS in 1 game, not to mention Miami last week!!!!

ok, think of another excuse for JP.

fact of the matter is, JP is not taking us to the playoffs, plain and simple. he is who he is, he's not improved, he's stagnated.

if you wouldve asked me what he looked like in the pocket, i'd say he looked more like a rookie than trent does. totally spazzing out, lots, didnt know when to throw the ball away, wasnt aware of the pocket, didnt get rid of the ball, didnt throw accurately...i could go on and on.

Billzz
11-19-2007, 09:46 AM
i am SO ****ING SICK AND TIRED OF PEOPLE MAKING EXCUSES FOR JP!!!!!

WRONG COMMUNICATION!?!?!

REED WAS RUNNING A ROUTE, JP JUST PLACED THE BALL WAAAAYYYY TOO AHEAD OF REED! REEDS ROUTE WAS SIMPLE, JP THREW A BAD PASS!

just like his ball to evans where it hit his feet when EVANS WAS WIDE ****ING OPEN!

JP is HORRIBLE at throwing passes

Reed stopped his route and sat in the middle of the field. JP threw it where he thought Reed was going to continue across the middle of the field.

Sorry your sick and tired, not an excuse it is what REALLY HAPPENED.

As for JP throwing balls into the ground, yea that pissed me off just as much as everyone else. We can all pretty much see he is not the anwser for the future.

Billzz
11-19-2007, 09:47 AM
funny, Edwards didn't get picked off by WR's running wrong routes. and he had LESS time getting into a groove with WR's.

ok, think of another excuse for JP.

Ok first of all before you COME AT ME with caps and a bad attitude I do not support JP for the future. I am not defending him, just putting the facts out there. Sorry you are too biased to see that.

FlyingDutchman
11-19-2007, 10:43 AM

Dude, did you seriously start a thread as a ode to your prediction? I thought we were going to get beat bad, but never needed to advertise to stroke my ego at amazing football knowledge.

Are you really going to compare last meeting against them as well? We got one of the best teams of all time off their bye week. They had two freaking weeks to prepare for us. More injuries last time? Youre right, despite missing our starting RB,2ndWR,RT,MLB,FS,CB,DE we are amazingly healthy right now....

Philagape
11-19-2007, 10:45 AM
Don't get me wrong it was a PICK wether Reed continued or not because of the defensive players position, but atleast it might of been knocked down. Not arguing JP didn't suck on that throw

That's the issue.

justasportsfan
11-19-2007, 10:46 AM
Dude, did you seriously start a thread as a ode to your prediction? I thought we were going to get beat bad, but never needed to advertise to stroke my ego at amazing football knowledge.

:up:

djjimkelly
11-19-2007, 10:50 AM

ive been saying this to many friends bills play a 14 game schedule becuz we dont have a staff that can come close to matching pats schemes. add in our players arent as good either.

now im not hacking on our players becuz i think we have alot of potential but they sure arent being utilized even close to potential.

i think we blitzed 3 or 4 times and to boot we run these delayed blitzes

we cant do anything like pats and just line up 7 on line and send them all becuz we need to surprise people

OpIv37
11-19-2007, 11:35 AM

Are you really going to compare last meeting against them as well? We got one of the best teams of all time off their bye week. They had two freaking weeks to prepare for us. More injuries last time? Youre right, despite missing our starting RB,2ndWR,RT,MLB,FS,CB,DE we are amazingly healthy right now....

how does pointing out that I was wrong stroke my ego exactly? Also, when I said we were going to get beat, many people argued with me and said I was wrong. So, maybe you weren't one of them, but the fact that we were going to get beat wasn't as obvious around here as it should have been.

And we did have more injuries last time- two DE's, we were so short at LB that we were using nickel as a base D, Youboty was out, FS was out.... the only significant injury this time was Lynch.