PDA

View Full Version : Where Jauron failed us: innovation

Drev8
11-19-2007, 09:12 AM
The fact that we couldn't stop the Pats offense once is distressing, but given that no team has found a way to stop them, it's not entirely a shock.

What's really frustrating is that we didn't appear to have any plan to stop them. It's like Jauron and Fewell just said, "hey, we know this team, we'll just line up against them and do our best, and hope that we've improved enough since we last played". Well surprise, surprise, the gap has widened even further with that *strategy*.

Where is the innovation from these coaches? If Brady is that much in the zone, and the timing of their plays is virtually perfect (including incredible pass protection), then it's up to the coaches to innovate and find a new way to play defense against this team. Am I being totally naive here? Maybe the answer isn't as simple as "get pressure on Brady". Hey, I'm no coach, and most of you guys here know way more than I do about the game. But all I'm saying is that when you're playing a team that much better than you, you have to come up with something original and creative if you want a chance.

historypete
11-19-2007, 09:18 AM
I think Fewell tired a number of different things actually. He blitzed, zone-blitzed, played zone, man. I don't think his defesive calls were horrible. I think we have overrated DEs who can't get any pressure. There were plenty of times we sent 6 guys from all angles and they got picked up easily. If guys can't get to the QB then your secondary is going to get destroyed.

Now, if you are talking offense I'm all with you. There isn't an ounce of creativity over there.

Ebenezer
11-19-2007, 06:15 PM
The fact that we couldn't stop the Pats offense once is distressing, but given that no team has found a way to stop them, it's not entirely a shock.

Jesus could have coached the Bills last night and he still would have had to produce loaves and fishes to win the game.

Night Train
11-20-2007, 05:46 AM
Sticking Anthony Thomas on the field is basically going into the Prevent Offense mode.

Jauron might as well wave a white flag to the opposing coach.

justasportsfan
11-20-2007, 10:39 AM
I like Moolarkeys trick plays better than Fairchilds conservative calls.

OpIv37
11-20-2007, 10:49 AM
I like Moolarkeys trick plays better than Fairchilds conservative calls.

oh man, that's a scary thought but I agree.

At least the trick plays had a chance of working. They were either -10 yards or 25 or more positive yards. Fairchild's plays are either -2 yards or at most +5 yards.

justasportsfan
11-20-2007, 10:51 AM
oh man, that's a scary thought but I agree.

At least the trick plays had a chance of working. They were either -10 yards or 25 or more positive yards. Fairchild's plays are either -2 yards or at most +5 yards.
Gilbride knows his deepball better than Farichild and Tom Clemens knows how to run the ball better than Farichild.

Fairchild has no identity. He doesn't seem to be profficient at anything.

historypete
11-20-2007, 11:44 AM
He doesn't seem to be profficient at anything.

He is proficient at devising pathetic gameplans.

justasportsfan
11-20-2007, 12:23 PM
He doesn't seem to be profficient at anything.

He is proficient at devising pathetic gameplans.
careful now. Patmoran followed Fairchilds career at St. Louis. He's a huge fan of Fairchild...or did that change as usual.

Forward_Lateral
11-20-2007, 03:12 PM
The only thing that can stop Brady and the Pats' at this point is hired snipers.

BillsOverDolphins
11-20-2007, 04:26 PM
Gilbride

Do not utter that name again:ignore: