PDA

View Full Version : Best Case Scenario for fans of the QB's

YardRat
11-19-2007, 09:15 AM
The best thing that could happen for those fans that are really cemented into who the starting QB should be would be trading JP this off-season.

Think about it...

Trent fans get their wish, because he'll be starting for the Bills.

JP fans get their wish because they'll get a new head coach, new offensive coordinator, new TE's, new WR's, new offensive line, new GM and a new owner in the deal.

Sounds like a win-win for everybody to me.

historypete
11-19-2007, 09:25 AM
Trent should start the rest of the season at this point. I think JP has no future in Buffalo, and last night was the final nail in the coffin for him. And this is coming from someone who supported JP.

Last nights game played out perfectly for Management and Ralphy in terms of the QB position. This was talked about earlier in the week by HHurricane. This game was one for JP to finally hang himself. They weren't going to throw Trent into this game for a couple of reasons as I stated before. 1: He gets an extra week to get healthy. 2: Its the Pats and its easier to throw JP to the wolves and end this QB question rather than placing Trent out there. 3: With JP playing horribly, as did the whole team, it is easier to go to Trent this week against Jacksonville because the fans and Ralphy want it.

Here is to hoping JP lands on his feet somewhere, and we get a decent pick for him. And I hope Trent comes out and plays well because we all need to hope this kid can develop into something special. I've like some of the things I've seen from him, but he will need extra help in the future. I think the first move is getting Fairchild fired to help him.

Elminster
11-19-2007, 09:28 AM
Where their "plan" unravels is when the Jags play eight in the box all day next week because Edwards won't give them any reason to budge. There is no plan, or isn't that obvious by now? The Patriots make drive-by-drive adjustments...we don't even make half-time adjustments!

mchurchfie
11-19-2007, 09:31 AM
The offense is run a lot smarter with TE in there. Too much is being made of him not scoring in s few games but JP hasn't exactly been lighting it up either. When JP is out there everything gets thrown out the door and it looks like a sandlot football game out there. he hangs on to the ball waaaay too long because he has no clue about checking down to his second and third receiver if your first one is covered. Lets put in the smarter QB and start building around him now. I know we are still in PO contention, but lets be realistic here. Do you really think that this team is going to go far in the POs if they even make it that far??

historypete
11-19-2007, 09:31 AM
I can't agree more about the coaching staff failing to make adjustments. Fairchild and by extension Jauron, are a bunch of offensive morons who can't devise a gameplan that even attempts to attack the opposing defense. If they can't gameplan to begin with, how do we expect them to make adjustments during the game?? They need to look at the tape before making any judgements.

mchurchfie
11-19-2007, 09:34 AM
Where their "plan" unravels is when the Jags play eight in the box all day next week because Edwards won't give them any reason to budge. There is no plan, or isn't that obvious by now? The Patriots make drive-by-drive adjustments...we don't even make half-time adjustments!
Or when they have JP in there and double up on Evans all day and he gives them no reason to budge, what's the difference? At least TE has the potential to change that. We've been waiting for 4 years with JP.

HHURRICANE
11-19-2007, 09:35 AM
The offense is run a lot smarter with TE in there. Too much is being made of him not scoring in s few games but JP hasn't exactly been lighting it up either. When JP is out there everything gets thrown out the door and it looks like a sandlot football game out there. he hangs on to the ball waaaay too long because he has no clue about checking down to his second and third receiver if your first one is covered. Lets put in the smarter QB and start building around him now. I know we are still in PO contention, but lets be realistic here. Do you really think that this team is going to go far in the POs if they even make it that far??

Has JP played well enough to get us into the playoffs? I'm not sure that we don't have a better chance with Edwards in there.

Edwards is a rookie but there were several plays last night where Edwards would have kept the chains moving and would have kept Brady off of the field. We still would have lost but 56-10 is downright embarrassing.

Philagape
11-19-2007, 09:38 AM
The main question in the debate has been, Which QB will help us win now?

It's painfully obvious that neither will, so that question is moot.

Maybe the question should be, which one has a better chance to improve? JP's had his chance to do that.

mchurchfie
11-19-2007, 09:40 AM
Edwards is a rookie but there were several plays last night where Edwards would have kept the chains moving and would have kept Brady off of the field. We still would have lost but 56-10 is downright embarrassing.I agree. Grinding it out and moving the chains to keep Brady off the field would have been our best chance of at least not getting blown out. Everyone wanted JP in there because they thought that he was going to be some kind of a gunslinger and win in a shootout with Brady. Its hard to do that though when JP brings a butterknife to a gunfight.

HHURRICANE
11-19-2007, 09:48 AM
I agree. Grinding it out and moving the chains to keep Brady off the field would have been our best chance of at least not getting blown out. Everyone wanted JP in there because they thought that he was going to be some kind of a gunslinger and win in a shootout with Brady. Its hard to do that though when JP brings a butterknife to a gunfight.

Dude you nailed it.

I tried to argue this point all last week but people don't get it. Brady scored 7 TDs on his first 7 possession. Keeping him off of the field is a good idea.

People were acting like Losman was going to go tit for tat with him. The fact that Losman has never, ever, won a shootout or has even been involved in a game like that went out the window with the whole JP contigent.

Ball control was one of the keys.

DraftBoy
11-19-2007, 09:53 AM
The best thing that could happen for those fans that are really cemented into who the starting QB should be would be trading JP this off-season.

Think about it...

JP fans get their wish because they'll get a new head coach, new offensive coordinator, new TE's, new WR's, new offensive line, new GM and a new owner in the deal.

And we draft our future starter so I win too!!

YardRat
11-19-2007, 09:55 AM
And we draft our future starter so I win too!!

Sorry...Didn't mean to leave you out :D

DraftBoy
11-19-2007, 09:56 AM
Sorry...Didn't mean to leave you out :D

Lets not let that happen again :db:

YardRat
11-19-2007, 09:58 AM
Lets not let that happen again :db:

Next time it will be intentional.

DraftBoy
11-19-2007, 10:29 AM
Next time it will be intentional.

I thought it was this time :sadwalk:

justasportsfan
11-19-2007, 10:30 AM

Think about it...

Time to move on. Start the Trent experiment. Hopefully Fairchild won't get him killed too.

justasportsfan
11-19-2007, 10:31 AM
Playing not to lose blows. It's gay.

djjimkelly
11-19-2007, 10:53 AM
I agree. Grinding it out and moving the chains to keep Brady off the field would have been our best chance of at least not getting blown out. Everyone wanted JP in there because they thought that he was going to be some kind of a gunslinger and win in a shootout with Brady. Its hard to do that though when JP brings a butterknife to a gunfight.

grind it out with A TRAIN i just love it. we had no chance last night just admit to yourself i knew 10 days ago hell i knew when i saw schedule pats off bye = loss and a bad loss