PDA

View Full Version : Tom Brady's a Little *****, Did You Hear Him!?!

raphael120
11-19-2007, 10:01 AM
When Tom Brady got knocked on his ass the one time, did you hear Brady saying "HE CANT DO THAT, YOU CANT DO THAT!"

WHAT A *****!!!!!

Then the intentional grounding! He kept crying about it two plays later!!!!

Dude is winning by 5000 points and he's still *****in!

Just wow dude.

LtFinFan66
11-19-2007, 10:06 AM
Are you talking about when he ran and slid and the guy rolled over the top of him?? I am honestly surprised they didn't throw a flag just because he is Tom Brady the little *****. I even told my dad I wouldn't be surprised if they picked up the flag for grounding after he cried. They didn't though

camelcowboy
11-19-2007, 10:07 AM
Are you talking about when he ran and slid and the guy rolled over the top of him?? I am honestly surprised they didn't throw a flag just because he is Tom Brady the little *****. I even told my dad I wouldn't be surprised if they picked up the flag for grounding after he cried. They didn't though They could have ran him over with a pick up truck when he was on the ground, i wouldn't have cared.

raphael120
11-19-2007, 10:12 AM
Are you talking about when he ran and slid and the guy rolled over the top of him?? I am honestly surprised they didn't throw a flag just because he is Tom Brady the little *****. I even told my dad I wouldn't be surprised if they picked up the flag for grounding after he cried. They didn't though

Yep. you could hear him yelling from a mike on the field "YOU CANT DO THAT"

Michael82
11-19-2007, 12:01 PM
They could have ran him over with a pick up truck when he was on the ground, i wouldn't have cared.
I would have cheered it.

BlackMetalNinja
11-19-2007, 12:08 PM
Yep. you could hear him yelling from a mike on the field "YOU CANT DO THAT"

Yeah, and then shortly after that, he got drilled by Crowell right after releasing the ball and you could see him screaming at his lineman after that. "I'm ****in Tom Brady, don't you ever let them touch me again" is probably about how it went.

11-19-2007, 12:16 PM
why do we have to cry like a bunch of babies? tb was def. out if the pocket on the int. grounding ,the replay showed that.he was also hit late after he slid.dont be so blind with hatred,it makes us all look like a bunch of whinning babies

LtFinFan66
11-19-2007, 12:22 PM
why do we have to cry like a bunch of babies? tb was def. out if the pocket on the int. grounding ,the replay showed that.he was also hit late after he slid.dont be so blind with hatred,it makes us all look like a bunch of whinning babiesYep he was out of the pocket but had you bothered to listen to the refs call, it was because the BALL DIDN"T MAKE IT TO THE LINE OF SCRIMMAGE!! Out of pocket or not, it has to make it that far

Ickybaluky
11-19-2007, 12:30 PM
Yep he was out of the pocket but had you bothered to listen to the refs call, it was because the BALL DIDN"T MAKE IT TO THE LINE OF SCRIMMAGE!! Out of pocket or not, it has to make it that far

No, you are entitled to throw it at a players feet on a screen, it doesn't have to pass the LOS. However, the ref ruled he wasn't close enough to the screen man. That was what Brady was arguing, that Faulk was there and he threw it as his feet.

The key is the passer having no realistic chance of completion. In the refs judgment, that was the reason for the call.

raphael120
11-19-2007, 12:33 PM
No, you are entitled to throw it at a players feet on a screen, it doesn't have to pass the LOS. However, the ref ruled he wasn't close enough to the screen man. That was what Brady was arguing, that Faulk was there and he threw it as his feet.

The key is the passer having no realistic chance of completion. In the refs judgment, that was the reason for the call.

Brady was agruing that he thought throwing balls at recievers feet was allowed since JP was doing it all night.

LtFinFan66
11-19-2007, 12:37 PM

The key is the passer having no realistic chance of completion. In the refs judgment, that was the reason for the call.Not what the refs said, It still has to make it to the line

LtFinFan66
11-19-2007, 12:39 PM
Intentional Grounding of Forward Pass

Intentional grounding of a forward pass is a foul: loss of down and 10 yards from previous spot if passer is in the field of play or loss of down at the spot of the foul if it occurs more than 10 yards behind the line or safety if passer is in his own end zone when ball is released.<LI _extended="true">Intentional grounding will be called when a passer, facing an imminent loss of yardage due to pressure from the defense, throws a forward pass without a realistic chance of completion.
Intentional grounding will not be called when a passer, while out of the pocket and facing an imminent loss of yardage, throws a pass that lands at or beyond the line of scrimmage, even if no offensive player(s) have a realistic chance to catch the ball (including if the ball lands out of bounds over the sideline or end line).http://www.nfl.com/rulebook/intentionalgrounding

Ingtar33
11-19-2007, 01:19 PM
his pass hit the ground 4 or 5 yards behind the line. that's why the flag was thrown. he didn't understand, nor did the announcers it seems. that being outside the pocket wasn't enough. the ball had to be close to an eligible receiver (with a chance to catch it) or near the line of scrimmage. it was neither, as he spiked the ball at the feet of an o-lineman.

pcnorth22
11-19-2007, 01:46 PM
yeah...I've never really been one to hate on Brady...but the *****in about getting hit sliding feet-first upset me...

it should have been called...but he was fine, who cares...let it go...

LtFinFan66
11-19-2007, 01:55 PM
his pass hit the ground 4 or 5 yards behind the line. that's why the flag was thrown. he didn't understand, nor did the announcers it seems. that being outside the pocket wasn't enough. the ball had to be close to an eligible receiver (with a chance to catch it) or near the line of scrimmage. it was neither, as he spiked the ball at the feet of an o-lineman.Yeah but according to NE39, it doesn't have to make it to the LOS....that's why I busted out the official rule book on his ass:rofl:

Ickybaluky
11-19-2007, 02:01 PM
Intentional Grounding of Forward Pass

Intentional grounding of a forward pass is a foul: loss of down and 10 yards from previous spot if passer is in the field of play or loss of down at the spot of the foul if it occurs more than 10 yards behind the line or safety if passer is in his own end zone when ball is released.<LI _extended="true">Intentional grounding will be called when a passer, facing an imminent loss of yardage due to pressure from the defense, throws a forward pass without a realistic chance of completion.
Intentional grounding will not be called when a passer, while out of the pocket and facing an imminent loss of yardage, throws a pass that lands at or beyond the line of scrimmage, even if no offensive player(s) have a realistic chance to catch the ball (including if the ball lands out of bounds over the sideline or end line).http://www.nfl.com/rulebook/intentionalgrounding

LT, I'm not arguing the call. I understand why it was called.

I'm just saying that Brady was arguing he was throwing the ball to Kevin Faulk, who was headed to the flat for a screen pass. He wasn't arguing about being outside the pocket or thowing past the LOS because none of that is relevant. You don't have to be out of the pocket or behind the LOS if the pass is close enough to an eligible receiver. Brady didn't come near enough to Faulk.

Ickybaluky
11-19-2007, 02:02 PM
Yeah but according to NE39, it doesn't have to make it to the LOS....that's why I busted out the official rule book on his ass:rofl:

You obviously don't understand the rule yourself. Perhaps you should read what you posted.

# Intentional grounding will be called when a passer, facing an imminent loss of yardage due to pressure from the defense, throws a forward pass without a realistic chance of completion.

The are confusing the rule about when you can just throw it away, which is when you are outside the pocket and it goes beyond the LOS, with the rule. You can throw an incompletion from the pocket that does not go beyond the LOS, as long as there is a realistic chance of completion.

LtFinFan66
11-19-2007, 02:17 PM
not what that rule right up there says.

Intentional grounding will not be called when a passer, while out of the pocket and facing an imminent loss of yardage, throws a pass that lands at or beyond the line of scrimmage, even if no offensive player(s) have a realistic chance to catch the ball (including if the ball lands out of bounds over the sideline or end line).

LtBillsFan66
11-19-2007, 02:20 PM
Brady was agruing that he thought throwing balls at recievers feet was allowed since JP was doing it all night.

:laughing:

Ickybaluky
11-19-2007, 02:32 PM
not what that rule right up there says.

This is what the rule is:

Intentional grounding will be called when a passer, facing an imminent loss of yardage due to pressure from the defense, throws a forward pass without a realistic chance of completion.

That is intentional grounding. That is it. Nothing about the pass going beyond the LOS or being outside the tackle box. That is all there is.

The rule further clarifies:

Intentional grounding will not be called when a passer, while out of the pocket and facing an imminent loss of yardage, throws a pass that lands at or beyond the line of scrimmage, even if no offensive player(s) have a realistic chance to catch the ball (including if the ball lands out of bounds over the sideline or end line).

OK, so if you are outside the tackle box you can throw the ball beyond the LOS and avoid the penalty, even if there is no chance of completion.

That is the exception.

Intentional gounding will not be called when a screen pass is developing and the quarterback throws the ball in the vicinity of the screen receiver. I don't know how many games you watch, but that is the way it is called. It isn't called on a spike play, either.

That is what Brady was arguing. However, the ref told him that Faulk wasn't close enough to where the ball landed.

DynaPaul
11-19-2007, 02:57 PM
I've been saying for years that the guy is a whining cry baby when things don't go his way. What? It takes a Buffalo Bills embarassment on prime time TV for some of you people to wake up and see that? Tom Brady just isn't very likeable at all.

LtFinFan66
11-19-2007, 03:01 PM
NE, there wasn't IMO, a receiver nearby nor do I believe they were setting up a screen so IMO, it was completely the correct call since it was WAY behind the LOS. I watch plenty of games and that is called grounding in the games i watch:idunno: I won't argue it with you anymore since you are protecting your golden boy to the extreme in this case

Ickybaluky
11-19-2007, 03:07 PM
NE, there wasn't IMO, a receiver nearby nor do I believe they were setting up a screen so IMO, it was completely the correct call since it was WAY behind the LOS. I watch plenty of games and that is called grounding in the games i watch:idunno: I won't argue it with you anymore since you are protecting your golden boy to the extreme in this case

I don't disagree with the call, and I'm not protecting anyone.

Faulk was going out on a screen to that side, and there was a Bills' defender shadowing him. Brady faked a screen in the other direction, but saw the Bills' player when he went to throw the screen and threw it into the ground in Faulk's direction. However, the ball landed 4-5 yards short of him. If it had landed nearer to Faulk it would not have been called.

LtFinFan66
11-19-2007, 03:08 PM
or had it reached the LOS

Ickybaluky
11-19-2007, 03:11 PM
or had it reached the LOS

No, it would still have been called because he still was inside the tackle box.

LtFinFan66
11-19-2007, 03:11 PM
I don't think he was. He scrambled out of the tackle box