djjimkelly
11-19-2007, 10:24 AM
trufant and bryant johnson only ones worth a damn

DraftBoy
11-19-2007, 10:25 AM
I dont know about that

jdbillsfan
11-19-2007, 10:26 AM
I like Antwan Odom. Didn't realize he was a free agent.

djjimkelly
11-19-2007, 10:33 AM
odom is ok so is starks but we have made our beds at DT and DE.

PECKERWOOD
11-19-2007, 10:39 AM
You forgot RFA Derek Anderson. I would love to see Levy make an offer, plus we would only have to give up one of our 3rds, well worth the weight for imo a franchise calibre QB.

Also, why isn't Hayneswoth on the list?

Lastly, Smiley would be a great pickup for us as well.

Philagape
11-19-2007, 10:43 AM
DJ Hackett :drool:

EDS
11-19-2007, 10:45 AM
The Bills need:

1. Consistent, efficient quarterback play.
2. Run stuffing defensive tackle.
3. Number 2 wide out.
4. Another playmaker on defense.
5. Improvement in run blocking.

DraftBoy
11-19-2007, 10:49 AM
You forgot RFA Derek Anderson. I would love to see Levy make an offer, plus we would only have to give up one of our 3rds, well worth the weight for imo a franchise calibre QB.

Lastly, Smiley would be a great pickup for us as well.

I expect CLE to give him a rd 1 tender

I dont think we will be able to afford him in our cap cash philosophy

I AGREE!!!!

DraftBoy
11-19-2007, 10:51 AM
The Bills need:

See the avatar!
DT Damione Lewis-CAR
DT Kindal Moorehead-CAR
DT Randy Starks-TEN
DT William Joseph-NYG
3. Number 2 wide out.
WR Bryant Johnson-ARZ
LB Boss Bailey-DET
CB Marcus Trufant-SEA
CB Randall Gay-NE
OG Jacob Bell-TEN
OG Justin Smiley-SF
OG Jake Scott-IND

:db:

djjimkelly
11-19-2007, 10:58 AM
The Bills need:

3. Number 2 wide out.

bills need another legit wr and another legit CB

rest can be solved be drafting smart

PECKERWOOD
11-19-2007, 10:58 AM
trufant and bryant johnson only ones worth a damn

I betcha Trufant gets a contract like Nate's.

Mr. Pink
11-19-2007, 11:09 AM
A few names that would immensely help...

DE - Terrel Suggs
DT - Albert Haynesworth
OG - Alan Faneca
CB - Domonique Foxworth
WR - Bernard Berrian
TE - Ben Troupe
K - Josh Brown

DraftBoy
11-19-2007, 11:11 AM
I betcha Trufant gets a contract like Nate's.

I would hope not he doesnt have the history that Nate does

Trufant;
12 INTs, 64 PD, 355 tackles, 2 sacks (Career)

Clements;
25 INTs, 67 PD, 479 tackles, 2.5 sacks (Career 1 one more year than Trufant)

acehole
11-19-2007, 11:15 AM
DT Randy Starks-TEN

And DJ Hacket wr

While you are at it L Briggs.

Confused
11-19-2007, 11:16 AM
bleak.

DraftBoy
11-19-2007, 11:16 AM

DE - Terrel Suggs
DT - Albert Haynesworth
OG - Alan Faneca
CB - Domonique Foxworth
WR - Bernard Berrian
TE - Ben Troupe
K - Josh Brown

You think Suggs can play as a down lineman in a 4-3 scheme?

acehole
11-19-2007, 11:17 AM

DE - Terrel Suggs
DT - Albert Haynesworth
OG - Alan Faneca
CB - Domonique Foxworth
WR - Bernard Berrian
TE - Ben Troupe
K - Josh Brown

Can you imaging A Haynsworth nxt to mcargo?

DraftBoy
11-19-2007, 11:17 AM
Whats the fascination with Hackett all about?

Ickybaluky
11-19-2007, 11:18 AM

Hackett would be a great compliment to Evans. He really can work the underneath stuff and find the soft spots in zones.

Anderson is a pipe dream. Cleveland will franchise him if they can't reach a contract agreement with him.

Mr. Pink
11-19-2007, 11:22 AM
You think Suggs can play as a down lineman in a 4-3 scheme?

Yeah, Baltimore's base D is the 4-3 and Suggs plays the end there now.

Pryce-Ngata-Gregg-Suggs.

Suggs also has the versatility to play OLB in a 3-4 if we ever change schemes in the coming years. Also he can play both at a high level.

He's not a guy who gets his stats padded against weak competition and isn't taken completely out of plays 75% of the time like what we get now. Problem is the money we have tied up in the DE position is enormous.

Ickybaluky
11-19-2007, 11:22 AM
Whats the fascination with Hackett all about?

Good size and knows how to get open. Not great speed, but works the underneath stuff well and produces whenever he gets the chance. He reminds me of Derrick Mason a little, although he is a little bigger and not quite as short-area quick.

Mr. Pink
11-19-2007, 11:26 AM
Hackett would be a great compliment to Evans. He really can work the underneath stuff and find the soft spots in zones.

Anderson is a pipe dream. Cleveland will franchise him if they can't reach a contract agreement with him.

Anderson is a RFA...they just have to tender him. Why would they franchise him? Tender him, entertain offers - if any, let him and Quinn battle for the job in camp if none of the offers jump out at the Browns. That's the scenario I would see go down with DA.

Ickybaluky
11-19-2007, 11:43 AM
Anderson is a RFA...they just have to tender him. Why would they franchise him?

Because if he keeps playing like he has he will become the most valuable commodity a team can have: a QB to build around. He has shown this year that he is one of the better young QBs in the league, and about a dozen teams will be looking for QB after the season.

If they tender him at the highest level, some team will give up the 1st and 3rd and sign him to a poison-pill contract. Why wouldn't they, especially if they are picking in the bottom half of the round? You don't think TB, KC, Det or Min would be willing to surrender middle-round picks in the 1st and 3rd for a young QB who has shown he can do the job?

By making him a franchise player they can up that to 2 firsts or keep him exclusively, depending on what level they tag him at. That is assuming they can't sign him to an extension beforehand. The two most valuable commodities in the NFL are good QBs and pass-rushers, and teams will pay a premium for either.

SF did this in 1999, putting the franchise tag on RFA Terrell Owens to be certain they kept him.

Philagape
11-19-2007, 11:44 AM
Hackett showed promise last year, and in his past three games -- his first games since week 1 when he was injured -- he has 23 catches for 295 yards and a TD in each game, with his numbers getting better each week. Perfect complement to Evans.

patmoran2006
11-19-2007, 11:44 AM
Ya but wouldn't franchising him make him get paid the average salary of the top 5 Qb's in the league?

If so, I dont see that happening.

DraftBoy
11-19-2007, 11:49 AM
Hackett looked good last season 45 catches, 610 yards, 13.6 avg, 4 TD not bad at all

Ickybaluky
11-19-2007, 11:50 AM
Ya but wouldn't franchising him make him get paid the average salary of the top 5 Qb's in the league?

Why not? You are going to lose him instead? The guy has shown he can play, you don't want to lose that, especially since they are showing their first signs of life as a franchise since re-joining the league.

Besides, Quinn in making next to nothing, so overall it works out.

Mr. Pink
11-19-2007, 11:50 AM

This is my exact thinking. They're not gonna pay DA around 10 million with Quinn already on the roster. Too much money tied up to one position on the roster. Especially when DA will only have 1 year of experience.

They'll take their chances at the RFA tender, then if some team makes an offer have to think if they're going forward with DA by matching it or going forward with Brady and accepting the 1st and 3rd round pick.

camelcowboy
11-19-2007, 11:51 AM
QB Jared Lorenzen-NYG
have you watched this bum play, he sucks

Philagape
11-19-2007, 11:52 AM
Hackett looked good last season 45 catches, 610 yards, 13.6 avg, 4 TD not bad at all

And that was as their slot guy. They brought in Burleson for big bucks to be their threat opposite Branch, but DJ outperformed him.

PECKERWOOD
11-19-2007, 11:53 AM
Why not? You are going to lose him instead? The guy has shown he can play, you don't want to lose that, especially since they are showing their first signs of life as a franchise since re-joining the league.

Exactly, I was just about to post that.

camelcowboy
11-19-2007, 11:55 AM
The browns should keep Anderson and trade quinn. One has already shown he's the real deal the other one is you hasn't been on the field could get you a first rounder. Its a no brainer.

DraftBoy
11-19-2007, 11:56 AM
QB Jared Lorenzen-NYG
have you watched this bum play, he sucks

No and I dont think you have either, considering he's thrown 8 passes his entire career completing 4 of them. Unless we are judging players off of nothing now. I did see him play at UK though, and he is the Giants #2 guy so if he sucks as much as you say then the Giants are screwed if Eli goes down.

Mr. Pink
11-19-2007, 11:57 AM

I dunno what Quinn's contract is year by year, but I know it's a 5 year 20 million dollar contract if he doesn't make any of the escalators. So say you franchise tag DA you're tying up at least 14 million in salary to the QB position in 2008.

I don't find this wise.

Ickybaluky
11-19-2007, 11:57 AM
They'll take their chances at the RFA tender, then if some team makes an offer have to think if they're going forward with DA by matching it or going forward with Brady and accepting the 1st and 3rd round pick.

Why not keep them both? They have the cap room. Quinn doesn't make squat because most of his money is tied into playing incentives. If he is a backup, he is affordable, and most of the costs were up front. If someone offers them real value for Quinn, you make a deal, but otherwise you keep him.

Believe me, a QB-needy team will not think twice at dropping a middle 1st and 3rd to get their QB. The Browns aren't about to let that happen, considering how long they have been waiting for a QB. The cap is something they will work around, you don't let that lead to you losing an important player.

Ickybaluky
11-19-2007, 11:59 AM
I dunno what Quinn's contract is year by year, but I know it's a 5 year 20 million dollar contract if he doesn't make any of the escalators. So say you franchise tag DA you're tying up at least 14 million in salary to the QB position in 2008.

I don't find this wise.

I don't find it wise to take a chance on losing a QB when you have been searching for one for a decade. You don't let the cap tail wag the dog.

Quinn makes the minimum next year if he doesn't play. Big whoop.

DraftBoy
11-19-2007, 12:01 PM
This was the kffl report when Brady signed

Browns | Quinn agrees to terms - from www.KFFL.com
Tue, 7 Aug 2007 09:55:56 -0700

Jay Glazer, of FoxSports.com, reports the Cleveland Browns have agreed to terms with QB Brady Quinn on a five-year deal. The deal is worth $20.2 million, and could reach a total value of $30 million with escalators. The contract contains $7.75 million in guaranteed money.

DraftBoy
11-19-2007, 12:02 PM
I don't find it wise to take a chance on losing a QB when you have been searching for one for a decade. You don't let the cap tail wag the dog.

Quinn makes the minimum next year if he doesn't play. Big whoop.

Putting big money into a QB who has been inconsistent this season isnt really finding your franchise QB. DA has done well but by no means would I consider him CLE franchise saving QB.

Unless Quinn contract is really back loaded I find it hard to believe he makes the minimum with 7.75 guaranteed on a 5 yr deal.

Mr. Pink
11-19-2007, 12:03 PM
Why not keep them both? They have the cap room. Quinn doesn't make squat because most of his money is tied into playing incentives. If he is a backup, he is affordable, and most of the costs were up front. If someone offers them real value for Quinn, you make a deal, but otherwise you keep him.

Believe me, a QB-needy team will not think twice at dropping a middle 1st and 3rd to get their QB. The Browns aren't about to let that happen, considering how long they have been waiting for a QB. The cap is something they will work around, you don't let that lead to you losing an important player.

They have the cap room yes, I think they're in the top 5 under the cap wise, but the Browns D is swiss cheese and that money could be spent elsewhere to shore up the team so that the offense doesn't need to score 30+ week after week to win.

They're also going to need a RB next year with Lewis only on a one year deal.

Finances and roster space dictate that there's no way the Browns could give DA 10 million for one year. Unless they envision Jason Wright and Jerome Harrison as the 1-2 punch at RB next year.

Then you have to consider what the Browns gave up to get Brady Quinn. It's gonna be tough for their front office to say "hey we made a mistake on that one."

camelcowboy
11-19-2007, 12:05 PM
No and I dont think you have either, considering he's thrown 8 passes his entire career completing 4 of them. Unless we are judging players off of nothing now. I did see him play at UK though, and he is the Giants #2 guy so if he sucks as much as you say then the Giants are screwed if Eli goes down. I saw him play numerous times in preseason on NFL network last couple years, and he came in relief of Eli this year when he hurt his shoulder. I have seen him play, and imo he's a fat guy with a big arm with absolutely no accuracy. He has done nothing to justify being put on a wish list. Maybe a number two if jps shown the door, but i would still hope their are better options.

DraftBoy
11-19-2007, 12:23 PM
I saw him play numerous times in preseason on NFL network last couple years, and he came in relief of Eli this year when he hurt his shoulder. I have seen him play, and imo he's a fat guy with a big arm with absolutely no accuracy. He has done nothing to justify being put on a wish list. Maybe a number two if jps shown the door, but i would still hope their are better options.

Was never advocating him as #1 QB, strictly as a #2 or #3, and entertainment purposes.

Ickybaluky
11-19-2007, 12:23 PM
If the Browns just use the RFA tag on Anderson, they will lose him. Teams draft QBs high in the first round and spend tens of millions to sign him, despite them not having any idea whether they can translate success to the NFL. QBs are too valuable.

If Cleveland loses Anderson and Quinn doesn't work out (or they take a step back), people will go nuts. Anderson has passed the point of wondering whether he can play, his 20 TD to 9 Int this year show he can get the job done. He is far more proven than any rookie, so teams are going to pay a premium for him. You can't take a chance on losing him, if you have to you franchise him and pay the $10.6M to keep him.

Even if they do that, Cleveland will have plenty of cap room. There are only so many players you can bring in via FA, because only so many are worth it. Quinn's cap charge isn't prohibitive, because he will make minimum salary to go with bonus pro-ration. They paid the cost up front on him.

If Cleveland loses Anderson just because of $8M in cap room, they are stupid.

DraftBoy
11-19-2007, 12:26 PM
If the Browns just use the RFA tag on Anderson, they will lose him. Teams draft QBs high in the first round and spend tens of millions to sign him, despite them not having any idea whether they can translate success to the NFL. QBs are too valuable.

If Cleveland loses Anderson and Quinn doesn't work out (or they take a step back), people will go nuts. Anderson has passed the point of wondering whether he can play, his 20 TD to 9 Int this year show he can get the job done. He is far more proven than any rookie, so teams are going to pay a premium for him. You can't take a chance on losing him, if you have to you franchise him and pay the $10.6M to keep him.

Even if they do that, Cleveland will have plenty of cap room. There are only so many players you can bring in via FA, because only so many are worth it. Quinn's cap charge isn't prohibitive, because he will make minimum salary to go with bonus pro-ration. They paid the cost up front on him.

If Cleveland loses Anderson just because of $8M in cap room, they are stupid.

You think 20-9 ratio is a franchise QB? Look at his game line, FTY has said it best he shows up one game but is gone the next. No way Im tieing up 10+ million in a guy with those numbers, Id rather take a shot with Quinn. They have way too many other holes to fill to lose 10 million in one guy.

Mr. Pink
11-19-2007, 12:36 PM
If someone could teach DA consistency he'd be worth 10.6 million a year.

Problem is, I don't know if consistency is teachable.

DA played a bland game against the Ravens, if not bad....No TDs, INT to Lewis for 6, and the entire offense did nothing in the 4th quarter. Then came OT and he was lights out. If he plays lights out on any drive before the OT, the game never goes to OT.

If he plays more consistently vs the Raiders, the Browns are 7-3.
If he didn't gift wrap 3 INTs to the Patsies, that game goes down to the wire.
The second game against the Steelers, if he leads the offense to ONE td drive in the second half, the Browns win.

As of right now, I'd rather lose DA and take my chances with the guy the franchise thinks is the future then pay him 10.6 million a year. And everyone knows how much I hate Brady. You cannot afford to invest that much money in a guy who's Dr Jeckyl and Mr Hyde and you never know which version you're gonna get from week to week.

Cleveland has 6 very winnable games left on the schedule, in fact it could be argued they should win all 6. But due to Dr Jeckyl/Mr Hyde and a swiss cheese defense they'll find a way to lose 2 of them.

henrybacker
11-19-2007, 12:44 PM
HOW MUCH MONEY ARE THE BILLS GOING TO HAVE TO SPEND UNDER NEXT SEASON'S CAP?

camelcowboy
11-19-2007, 12:50 PM
HOW MUCH MONEY ARE THE BILLS GOING TO HAVE TO SPEND UNDER NEXT SEASON'S CAP? does it matter, they probally won't spend it.

bigbub2352
11-19-2007, 01:01 PM
players i would look at in FA to help this team in 08 R
QB
marques tuiasosopo

RB
Tj Duckett
derrick ward

WR
Bernard Berrian
Jerry Porter
Devery henderson
bryant johnson
drew Carter
ernest wilford
dj hackett
robert furgeson
devard darling

TE
Ben troupe
Michael gaines
ben utecht

LB
Briggs
dansby
suggs

DT
haynesworth
damione lewis
ian scott
william joseph
ryan sims
isaac sopoaga

Cb
marques Trufant

We need to also address TE, G, C, OLB, WR, WR, DT, QB in the draft as well, and maybe another CB

Ingtar33
11-19-2007, 01:05 PM

I was looking for him too. about the only DT worth a damn in the whole FA period and he's not on the list?!

DraftBoy
11-19-2007, 01:07 PM
I was looking for him too. about the only DT worth a damn in the whole FA period and he's not on the list?!
I dont see a way we'll sign him, our cash to cap philosophy really handcuffs us, we got alot of holes to fill and Im not sure they are going to spend the big bucks it will take for Albert. I was trying to be realistic with my list.

The King
11-19-2007, 01:24 PM
I think Boley would be a great pickup.

The Jokeman
11-19-2007, 04:02 PM
Hackett be nice but his inability to stay healthy is a little concerning. One guy to keep an eye on is Ruvell Martin of the Packers. He's been on depth WR thus far in his career but definately has the size we lack at the position.

Oaf
11-19-2007, 07:06 PM
Although Crayton would be a good addition, I doubt we'd outbid the 'Boys and other teams for him.

Bryant Johnson or Justin Gage could make for great complements as well at 6-3 and 6-4 respectively. Their production has been solid as well. (Johnson with 740 yds in 06' and Gage with 313 thus far in 07'.)

Ben Troupe or L.J. Smith will be available for Royal money if we decide not to draft one.

Yasgur's Farm
11-19-2007, 07:13 PM
It's gonna be an awful long offseason if you all have this figured out already... What the hell will we post about?

The Jokeman
11-19-2007, 07:16 PM
Although Crayton would be a good addition, I doubt we'd outbid the 'Boys and other teams for him.

Bryant Johnson or Justin Gage could make for great complements as well at 6-3 and 6-4 respectively. Their production has been solid as well. (Johnson with 740 yds in 06' and Gage with 313 thus far in 07'.)

Ben Troupe or L.J. Smith will be available for Royal money if we decide not to draft one.
What L.J. Smith would we get? If it's the one from this season I'm sure would want him. If it's the L.J. Smith from 2005/2006. I'd like him but unsure how much Marv be willing to shell out money for another TE. I know I mentioned Ruvell Martin elsewhere but he, Johnson and Gage are truly depth guys at best. Not sure if they'd be much better then Josh Reed in all honesty.

TigerJ
11-19-2007, 08:01 PM
odom is ok so is starks but we have made our beds at DT and DE.

Buffalo has three DTs that they may think of as long term fixtures on the club, though I'm not so sure Tripplett is in that category. I think Jason Jefferson is probably just a fill in until they can upgrade. They have room for one more. If Buffalo's defensive ends can't get to the QB a little more often, they may also rethink how unexpendable those guys might be. Bonus money in the latest contracts for Schobel and Kelsay will probably keep them on the team for a while. I don't know how many years Denney has left on his deal.

Luisito23
11-19-2007, 08:04 PM
What the hell will we post about?

The fishes' 0-16 season?....:fishy: :squish:....

GO BILLS!!!!!!

DraftBoy
11-19-2007, 08:16 PM
I don't know how many years Denney has left on his deal.

Too many imo

historypete
11-19-2007, 08:56 PM

BuffaloFever,

I've heard Cleveland is going to give him the highest RFA tender possible. That means to get him we would have to give up a 1st and a 3rd, not just a 3rd. Plus, his services will be sought after by many teams so the bidding will go up because of that.

Jeff1220
11-19-2007, 10:05 PM
imo, the Bills still need to get a top-notch FB. Imagine Lynch w/ a lead blocker in the caliber of an in-his-prime Sam Gash.

IAG
11-20-2007, 07:41 AM
Nice link...seems very up to date.