• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PECKERWOOD
    Defies all logic
    • Oct 2006

Not as bad as it looked

Am I the only one still optimistic about this team? So what, we lost to New England! They embarass EVERY team they go up against. We are still in the playoff hunt at 5-5 and the rest of our schedule is very winnable for us. We definately have a shot at JAX, they have a good ballclub but we should be able to compete with them for the win. I would also just like to add that Dick Jauron has done a tremendous job with this team with the talent that he has had available. I mean look, we got people like Wilson, Wire and DiGorgio starting for us yet we are still in the playoff race midseason. Just imagine what he is going to do when this team becomes more saturated with talent, we are just going to get better and better. Our OL looked pretty damn good and I liked for the most part what they did against New England, they won alot of battles on the ground however our WR's and QB couldn't connect most of the time. I feel like if we had better recievers our offense could be pretty potent. There is ALOT to be happy about, don't let this loss rain down on your parade. Our defense is going to have to step it up against Fred Taylor and Maurice Jones-Drew next week but I think that we have a legitimate shot at beating them if we can force Gerrard into making mistakes. Here's to hopefully a much better outcome in next week's game!

• djjimkelly
    • Apr 2003

Re: Not as bad as it looked

i do think we have a legit chance next week. hopefully our coaches dont **** themselves this weekend. thank god garrard isnt that good and our crap cover 2 scheme. might actually work vs him and their avg wrs

Comment

• LtBillsFan66
      • Jul 2002

I'd be willing to throw this game aside. We'll see what the Bills are made of. At .500 a new season starts today. If they are legit, they'll be able to hang with the Jags, Giants, Cleveland, Skins, Eagles. The Fish is an automatic win.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
        • Mar 2005

I'm on record right now as saying that if JP starts we will lose to Jax. I'll bet all of my zonebucs.

Comment

• Elminster
          #1 Kelsay Fan
          • Oct 2006

Originally posted by djjimkelly
          i do think we have a legit chance next week. hopefully our coaches dont **** themselves this weekend. thank god garrard isnt that good and our crap cover 2 scheme. might actually work vs him and their avg wrs
          What I'm really worried about is MJD....
          Good riddance Fairchild. Of course, the knowledge of your departure will only make TE more hateable than the typical Bills QB. Good luck, hope we don't mess you up like JP.

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
            Defies all logic
            • Oct 2006

Originally posted by Elminster
            What I'm really worried about is MJD....
            Don't get me wrong, he is nasty but JAX doesn't have an OL like New England does so I think our DL should be able to force some stops and get more pressure than we did last night.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
              • Mar 2005

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
              I'm on record right now as saying that if JP starts we will lose to Jax. I'll bet all of my zonebucs.
              Matter-of-fact, we will lose to the Redskins as well if he somehow survives next week. Again, all of my zonebux.

My guess is that Trent sees the field again against Miami.

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
                Defies all logic
                • Oct 2006

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
                Matter-of-fact, we will lose to the Redskins as well if he somehow survives next week. Again, all of my zonebux.

My guess is that Trent sees the field again against Miami.
                Are you serious? Are you really going to start betting against your own team? There are more players on a team than just the starting QB, give it a rest. We have an OL that is really starting to get better and better, you should be excited about that much. Our defense isn't that bad either considering the fact that we have 4th-5th rounders playing at some key positions. It was only a matter of time until Wilson was exposed, imo he was the weak link on defense last night but then again it's hard to make plays when your going against all-stars at the #1, #2 and #3 WR position. Don't **** all over the whole team because of a loss to the Patriots, we still have a shot dammit.

Comment

• Ickybaluky
                  • Jul 2003

Next week's game will tell how the Bills finish the season, it is a huge game.

That Jacksonville team is pretty good, better than in recent years. The difference is in the QB, David Garrard. They have had the physical defense and strong running game, but Garrard is making a big difference for them. He doesn't always have pretty numbers, but he plays a great complimentary game. He is a smart QB who is playing efficient and not making mistakes. It makes them a tough out.

If the Bills can come up with a strong performance against Jacksonville, they will be in the playoffs. If not, they aren't going anywhere. It is rare you get a game that can make or break your season, but this next game is it.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                    • Mar 2005

Originally posted by BuffaloFever
                    Are you serious? Are you really going to start betting against your own team? There are more players on a team than just the starting QB, give it a rest. We have an OL that is really starting to get better and better, you should be excited about that much. Our defense isn't that bad either considering the fact that we have 4th-5th rounders playing at some key positions. It was only a matter of time until Wilson was exposed, imo he was the weak link on defense last night but then again it's hard to make plays when your going against all-stars at the #1, #2 and #3 WR position. Don't **** all over the whole team because of a loss to the Patriots, we still have a shot dammit.
                    You guys obvioulsy haven't watched the Jags. This isn't the same team we faced last year. JP sucks and if he starts we lose. It's a prediction that I'm backing with my zonebucks. I'm not wishing for the Bills to lose.

Comment

• EDS
                      • Jan 2003

Am I the only one still optimistic about this team? So what, we lost to New England! They embarass EVERY team they go up against. We are still in the playoff hunt at 5-5 and the rest of our schedule is very winnable for us. We definately have a shot at JAX, they have a good ballclub but we should be able to compete with them for the win. I would also just like to add that Dick Jauron has done a tremendous job with this team with the talent that he has had available. I mean look, we got people like Wilson, Wire and DiGorgio starting for us yet we are still in the playoff race midseason. Just imagine what he is going to do when this team becomes more saturated with talent, we are just going to get better and better. Our OL looked pretty damn good and I liked for the most part what they did against New England, they won alot of battles on the ground however our WR's and QB couldn't connect most of the time. I feel like if we had better recievers our offense could be pretty potent. There is ALOT to be happy about, don't let this loss rain down on your parade. Our defense is going to have to step it up against Fred Taylor and Maurice Jones-Drew next week but I think that we have a legitimate shot at beating them if we can force Gerrard into making mistakes. Here's to hopefully a much better outcome in next week's game!

I disagree on the offensive line looking good last night. JP was under constant pressure and the team was unable to run. A few nice penalties to boot. If the line was really good then the team would be able to average more than 4 yards per carry like most offenses.

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
                        Defies all logic
                        • Oct 2006

Originally posted by EDS
                        I disagree on the offensive line looking good last night. JP was under constant pressure and the team was unable to run. A few nice penalties to boot. If the line was really good then the team would be able to average more than 4 yards per carry like most offenses.
                        Last I checked we had A-Train playing RB and he my friend is no Marshawn Lynch. It isn't our OL's fault that Losman can't read defenses.

Comment

• EDS
                          • Jan 2003

Last I checked we had A-Train playing RB and he my friend is no Marshawn Lynch. It isn't our OL's fault that Losman can't read defenses.
                          If the Bills line was good then any NFL caliber running back should be able to get around 4 yards per carry, but even Lynch can't do that behind the Bills o-line. If the Bills o-line is good then Miami's must be great because even a total scrub like Jesse Chatman can run for 4+ yards per carry behind that line.

The Bills have the biggest offensive line in the NFL but are still below average running the ball - why is that?

Comment

• patmoran2006
                            Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                            • Dec 2005

your right about that.

He's illiterate in the pocket back there. I thought the OL got embarassed by him last night.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

Working...
                            X