PDA

View Full Version : What this team needs...

eyedog
11-19-2007, 11:02 AM
1. Pass rusher- because our current overpaid d-ends suck and can't get to the qb.
2. big corner- like the one we let go to San Fran.
3. another linebacker- we have Crowell and Poz back next year, the rest are nothing more than marginal backups.
4. safety- hopefully Simpson will come back and be a player. Our converted wr isn't gonna get it done.
5. Big receiver- that will go over the middle. a legit #2, not the 3's and 4's that play as a 2 on our team.
6. center- Fowler sucks, a backup on any other team.
7. t-end- that can get downfield and be a legit threat.
8. qb situation- decide once and for all after the season and don't look back.
9. a real coaching staff- they are 2nd rate, especially on gamedays.
10.owner- that will spend money on bigtime coaches.

Ok. so after we get all that we might be able to compete with New England.

HHURRICANE
11-19-2007, 11:06 AM
If you get #10 plan on rooting for this team in another city.

eyedog
11-19-2007, 11:09 AM
If you get #10 plan on rooting for this team in another city.

Why ? Can't a local group buy the team ?

realdealryan
11-19-2007, 11:38 AM
Buy two players from their team-

Donte Stallworth

Asante Samuel

More receiving threat to set up the run.

More coverage to bring a safety down into the box more often.

Bring another guy into the box and/or pass rush and Schobel might not get doubled all night. Have another receiver who can go over the middle and we have a legitimate 2 receiver threat.

We could talk about this for years.

dannyek71
11-19-2007, 11:39 AM
Heres a thought

CB Whitner (IDK how much i like this, he has been a force at SS
SS Wilson
FS Simpson
CB Greer/Mcgee

LtBillsFan66
11-19-2007, 11:40 AM
1. Pass rusher- because our current overpaid d-ends suck and can't get to the qb.
3. another linebacker- we have Crowell and Poz back next year, the rest are nothing more than marginal backups.
4. safety- hopefully Simpson will come back and be a player. Our converted wr isn't gonna get it done.
5. Big receiver- that will go over the middle. a legit #2, not the 3's and 4's that play as a 2 on our team.

Agree with the whole list.

elltrain22
11-19-2007, 12:13 PM

1. I agree w/ but kinda disagree w/ at the same time. I think if our DT's could get to the qb then our de's would do a better job at getting to the qb. If you notice most of our pressure comes from the outside rushers (DE's), it's hardly ever from our DT's.
2. Our cb's are young, but I think they are serviceable. They are not pro bowl caliber, but I think they are good enough to get the job done. If our d-line was better at rushing the qb, then I don't even think we'd be having this conversation.
3. I like our Lb's.
4. I like our secondary, they just look bad b/c our d-line gives the qb all day to throw the ball.
5. Amen, that's are biggest need, IMO. A big, strong, and fast WR, like a Donte Stallworth. I really think that w/ that upgrade our offense would be vastly improved.
6. Fowler sucks, agreed.
7. Agreed with that also, our TE's are garbage.
8. There ain't no decision to make Edwards should be playing, hands down. That guy can get it done, as long as he stays healthy. That is the only question I have about him. Everything else I love. JPL is a good dude, and means well, but he is awful. Poor accuracy, stares down his receivers, gets sacked alot, not dependable in clutch situations at all, and makes bad decisions w/ the football.
9. Disagree. Our Special teams is good, our defense has overachieved, but everything else is under the microscope.
10. yeah, that would be nice.