PDA

View Full Version : It's not your coaching

pats-were-right
11-19-2007, 11:11 AM
Maybe your coordinators are a bit suspect in their playcalling, but you have a solid head coach and an excellent special teams coach. Forget coach of the year "candidate." Your guy freaking WON the award in 2001.

So the Pats kicked your a--es. Big Deal. Is Joe Gibbs a loser coach? The Pats pasted his a-- too. If we had played well for longer than 10 minutes we would have pasted Indy. Only an injury rush or a fluke is keeping the Pats from winning it all.

The problem with the Bills is not rooted in coaching and administration. It is lack of talent across the board. Give Marv a couple years. Donohue was an overrated joke who fell in love with our garbage, wasted multiple first round draft picks, and set you guys back 5 years. Marv needs time to clean his mess.

The Buffalo Bills remain my second favorite team. Keep in place what you have for a few years and you will have a solid playoff contender. Develop a better revenue srtream to afford the big signing bonuses and you might be a Super Bowl contender.

It really can be that simple.

Billzz
11-19-2007, 11:16 AM
Maybe your coordinators are a bit suspect in their playcalling, but you have a solid head coach and an excellent special teams coach. Forget coach of the year "candidate." Your guy freaking WON the award in 2001.

So the Pats kicked your a--es. Big Deal. Is Joe Gibbs a loser coach? The Pats pasted his a-- too. If we had played well for longer than 10 minutes we would have pasted Indy. Only an injury rush or a fluke is keeping the Pats from winning it all.

The problem with the Bills is not rooted in coaching and administration. It is lack of talent across the board. Give Marv a couple years. Donohue was an overrated joke who fell in love with our garbage, wasted multiple first round draft picks, and set you guys back 5 years. Marv needs time to clean his mess.

The Buffalo Bills remain my second favorite team. Keep in place what you have for a few years and you will have a solid playoff contender. Develop a better revenue srtream to afford the big signing bonuses and you might be a Super Bowl contender.

It really can be that simple.

Look at the pats!

PECKERWOOD
11-19-2007, 11:26 AM
Before we played the Patriots last night I used to root for the Celtics, that has all changed. Boston fans are spoiled brats and it doesn't matter if it's Baseball, Football, Hockey or Basketball they will always be contenders. :mad:

Ok, with all that said I agree with most of what you said. :up: I don't think the FA/signing bonuses thing is all that big of a deal because I don't believe that you build champions by signing every big name player available. What you said about Levy and our coaching staff was 100% dead on and I can't disagree with you there at all.

Billzz
11-19-2007, 11:30 AM
Before we played the Patriots last night I used to root for the Celtics, that has all changed. Boston fans are spoiled brats and it doesn't matter if it's Baseball, Football, Hockey or Basketball they will always be contenders. :mad:

Ok, with all that said I agree with most of what you said. :up: I don't think the FA/signing bonuses thing is all that big of a deal because I don't believe that you build champions by signing every big name player available. What you said about Levy and our coaching staff was 100% dead on and I can't disagree with you there at all.

If that was true Washington would be a contender every year.

pats-were-right
11-19-2007, 11:31 AM
I don't think the FA/signing bonuses thing is all that big of a deal because I don't believe that you build champions by signing every big name player available.

Of course not - look at the Redskins. But you do need to sprinkle in a few big names to set the tone. I only bring it up because it's the ONE area in which the Bills are handicapped beyond their control.

cocamide
11-19-2007, 11:32 AM

The Magic winning last night was the only bright spot of the whole damned day. Oh, and Miami losing again :bad:

PECKERWOOD
11-19-2007, 11:34 AM
Of course not - look at the Redskins. But you do need to sprinkle in a few big names to set the tone. I only bring it up because it's the ONE area in which the Bills are handicapped beyond their control.

Dockery/Walker.

I think if they really want someone bad enough they will pull out the wallet. The problem is that we have to overpay for good players to come here because other than money there is no incentive to play here untill we start winning.