PDA

View Full Version : We are who we thought we were

The Answer
11-19-2007, 11:31 AM
And that is an average football team that lost to a superior football team. We were playing solid football and will likely to continue playing solid football the rest of the way against 'normal' nfl teams. The Answer thinks Chris Collinsworth summed it up best at halftime - NBC flexed the schedule and the pats flexed their muscles. So trying to stay positive and addressing some key items:

1) JP Losman needs to stay the starter - yes that's right. He needs to play against the Jags so he can prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that he is not the future of this franchise. He struggled against the dolphins and played exactly as most of us expected him too lastnight against the juggernaut pats, and now we need to see the struggles continue against another playoff team on their home field to know the Losman era is officially over. You almost feel sorry for the guy knowing he was given a golden opportunity to win his job back but still didn't perform close to the level needed to solidify his position. Also it's very telling that Edwards wasn't put in last night during garbage time - simply because The Answer feels they didn't want to risk getting him reinjured knowing he will be back in the starting lineup sooner than later....

2) Pats are that good. It wouldn't have matter if Jim Kelly was in his prime and starting last night, this patriot team is the greatest of all time and nobody is going to stop their march to 19-0. Scary thing is this team will be at least this good or better for the next 2 - 4 years so we might as well accept that and quit thinking we have a chance to win a division title anytime soon.

3) Coaching. The corpse can't be blamed for last night and The Answer still believes he's earned the right to keep his job in 2008. But one thing is for certain - Steve Fairchild has got to go. You can blame a lack of talent on offense, but you cannot blame the bland predictable playcalling over and over again. Also despite lasnights romp, Fewell has done a solid job on defense given the talent he has had to work with.

4) Speaking of defense - give credit for this bunch playing well against the nfl's worst teams, but against elite teams we've shown we aren't very good and we definitely have some gaping holes to address in the offseason (OLB & DE in particular). Also it's hard to win games when you can't pressure the QB, even when we blitz we can't and that's just sad.

5) Aaron Schobel - quite possibly one of the worst re-signings ever. The front office needs to restructure, trade or release him in the offseason because he not worth near the amount of money being paid to him. Not even close. The irony is that he lost a lot of weight and still became a 'fatcat'.

In conclusion, we are now entering the stretch run and will find out if this team is a contender or pretender. Unfortunately The Answer feels that we are the latter because there is only one 'gimme' game on the schedule from here on out (miami). Plus we still have 4 of 6 on the road and all will be very difficult games - can we really go 4 - 1 against Jax, Was, Nyg, Cle, and Phi????

~The Answer

HHURRICANE
11-19-2007, 11:39 AM
Wow, good post.

I unfortunately agree that JP will most likely start against the Jags. This will be the first game in two years that I will not make an effort to watch because I have seen enough of Loserman.

Michael82
11-19-2007, 12:23 PM
This will be the first game in two years that I will not make an effort to watch because I have seen enough of Loserman.

Nice! You just proved what we all thought....you are not a real Bills fan. I'm impressed! :rolleyes:

:bf1:

DynaPaul
11-19-2007, 03:21 PM
Might as well leave JP in there. If nothing improves then he can't claim that he didn't get a fair shot at the starting job. I wouldn't be surprised to see him lose his job in training camp next year to Edwards.