• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

NE gets all the lucky breaks....

and they don't even need them. They got to play the Colts without Harrison, they got to play us without Lynch, and it's also the stuff that goes right for them during the game.

Of course, I'm talking about the Wright fumble. Wright had the ball fairly well secured in his outside arm, which is textbook for a ballcarrier. The NE defender puts his helmet on the ball, which is also textbook and happens frequently. But this time, the ball pops out. It doesn't go out of bounds. It doesn't hit the ground. It ejects right to an NE defender running full speed who returns it for a TD. And at that point, NE was already WINNING 49-10.

Why does a team that's already superior in terms of coaching and talent get all the luck going their way as well? Both teams made textbook plays, yet they're the ones that get the lucky bounce for the TD.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website
  • LtFinFan66
    • Mar 2005

Re: NE gets all the lucky breaks....

Good luck is what makes good teams great

Comment

• OpIv37
      Acid Douching Asswipe
      • Sep 2002

Originally posted by LtFinFan66
      Good luck is what makes good teams great
      The first 7 touchdowns is what made them great. The last one was just luck to pile on the humiliation.
      MiKiDo Facebook
      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• HHURRICANE
        • Mar 2005

Sorry but we deserved to get our asses kicked.

The Patriots assembled this team with the same rules that apply to everyone. I hope they win another 5 Superbowls and make the league rethink how they do things.

When a team can pick up Randy Moss, Adalius Thomas, Wes Welker, and Stallworth in the same off-season and still have a top ten pick after getting one taken away than maybe it's time to look at the system.

Comment

• OpIv37
          Acid Douching Asswipe
          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
          Sorry but we deserved to get our asses kicked.
          oh I agree- I'm just saying they kicked our asses without the luck then got the luck anyway, when the game was well out of hand and they didn't even need it.

They get lucky breaks when they're up by 39 points. We can't get one lucky bounce to avoid giving up an 8th TD. Luck is, and always has been, the enemy of Buffalo sports. It would be nice if luck didn't kick us when we were down, but even that's apparently too much to ask.
          MiKiDo Facebook
          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• PatsRule2
            • Sep 2007

Originally posted by OpIv37
            and they don't even need them. They got to play the Colts without Harrison, they got to play us without Lynch, and it's also the stuff that goes right for them during the game.

Of course, I'm talking about the Wright fumble. Wright had the ball fairly well secured in his outside arm, which is textbook for a ballcarrier. The NE defender puts his helmet on the ball, which is also textbook and happens frequently. But this time, the ball pops out. It doesn't go out of bounds. It doesn't hit the ground. It ejects right to an NE defender running full speed who returns it for a TD. And at that point, NE was already WINNING 49-10.

Why does a team that's already superior in terms of coaching and talent get all the luck going their way as well? Both teams made textbook plays, yet they're the ones that get the lucky bounce for the TD.
            Luck is for rabbits,you create your own luck it's called being great.

Comment

• mybills
              81 st zoner
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37

I muted the tv after that play because Madden said "THEY MAKE THINGS HAPPEN".
              Bullchit! That defender had no idea that the ball was going to do that, he was only trying to knock him out of bounds.
              I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• OpIv37
                Acid Douching Asswipe
                • Sep 2002

Originally posted by PatsRule2
                Luck is for rabbits,you create your own luck it's called being great.
                No doubt the Patriots were great last night and they have been all season (oh God, I feel sick admitting that).

But that was a lucky bounce- it was luck that he got his helmet on the ball, luck that the ball bounced in bounds in stead of out, luck that it went in the air instead of hitting the ground, and luck that it went right to the defender.

Ok, I'll give the defender credit for being in the right position- but the rest of the sequence leading up to it is luck.

The Patriots don't have an aura of greatness so strong that it forces inanimate objects to behave in manners that benefit them.
                MiKiDo Facebook
                MiKiDo Website

Comment

• YardRat
                  Well, lookie here...
                  • Dec 2004

Luck is when preparation meets opportunity...nothing more, nothing less.
                  YardRat Wall of Fame
                  #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                  #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• OpIv37
                    Acid Douching Asswipe
                    • Sep 2002

Originally posted by YardRat
                    Luck is when preparation meets opportunity...nothing more, nothing less.
                    well either we don't do the prep or we don't get the opportunity because we don't have any luck.
                    MiKiDo Facebook
                    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• mybills
                      81 st zoner
                      • Jul 2002

Romo's been getting really lucky lately, too. I can see them shopping for a long snapper in the next draft.
                      I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

Working...
                      X