PDA

View Full Version : Has this been mentioned before? Bills related.

blackonyx89
11-19-2007, 01:30 PM
This game should've never been an 8:00 game. It should've been 4:00pm. NBC used the Bills to embarrass us in front of a national audience and the Bills gave them that.

OpIv37
11-19-2007, 01:31 PM
I said it when they first announced that it would be a night game.

The Answer
11-19-2007, 01:33 PM
This game should've never been an 8:00 game. It should've have been 4:00pm. NBC used the Bills to embarrass us in front of a national audience and the Bills gave them that.

This has nothing to do with NBC - they flexed the game because the Pats are chasing history, plus our effort against the cowboys helped matters. Whether this game was played at 1pm, 4pm or 2am we still were going to get pounded.

At least we got two primetime games this year - at home to boot so stop complaining.

~The Answer

bruinsbm70
11-19-2007, 01:35 PM
i can't believe you are crying about getting bumped into prime time.

blackonyx89
11-19-2007, 01:41 PM
This has nothing to do with NBC - they flexed the game because the Pats are chasing history, plus our effort against the cowboys helped matters. Whether this game was played at 1pm, 4pm or 2am we still were going to get pounded.

At least we got two primetime games this year - at home to boot so stop complaining.

~The Answer

I'm :sorry: , but it sucks to lose to the Pats regardless of what time's the game's on.

OpIv37
11-19-2007, 01:49 PM
i can't believe you are crying about getting bumped into prime time.

did you even watch the game last night? If the Pats had to lose 56-10, would you rather it be in primetime with the whole country watching, or on a Sunday afternoon with only Pats fans and the other teams' fans watching?

Plus, in the past the Bills have had trouble selling out night games. Remember, the Buffalo metropolitan area is about 1/5 the size of Boston and the team depends on people from Rochester and Toronto to sell out the games. Those people don't get home til 3 or 4 in the morning after night games- that's tough if you have to work the next day, like most people who can afford football tickets.

OpIv37
11-19-2007, 01:52 PM

~The Answer

Actually, NBC picked the flex game so it does have something to do with them.

And prime time home games suck- we always embarrass ourselves.

blackonyx89
11-19-2007, 01:56 PM
Having a primetime game like this is a blessing and a curse when it's all said and done.

justasportsfan
11-19-2007, 01:59 PM
did you even watch the game last night? If the Pats had to lose 56-10, would you rather it be in primetime with the whole country watching, or on a Sunday afternoon with only Pats fans and the other teams' fans watching?

theres nothing more embarassing than what happened last night. I'm glad it happened on primetime. We'll see what Dick and our coaching staff are made of after that.

SabreEleven
11-19-2007, 02:02 PM

Plus, in the past the Bills have had trouble selling out night games. Remember, the Buffalo metropolitan area is about 1/5 the size of Boston and the team depends on people from Rochester and Toronto to sell out the games. Those people don't get home til 3 or 4 in the morning after night games- that's tough if you have to work the next day, like most people who can afford football tickets.

So those people had no problem leaving at half time last night.

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
11-19-2007, 02:06 PM
No, it doesn't benefit NBC to have a bad game on in their primetime slot.

It pisses off football fans--Bills fans are a very small percentage of the market, with a nationally televised game.

Looking back, I am sure they might have chosen Browns/Ravens, but they thought the Bills were a team on the rise.

Wrong idea.

OpIv37
11-19-2007, 02:06 PM
So those people had no problem leaving at half time last night.

right- THAT's why they left early!