View Full Version : The Last Wildcard

User Manuel
11-19-2007, 02:55 PM
The final wild card spot looks like it will come down to the following 4 teams:

Jacksonville
Cleveland
Buffalo
Tennessee

Buffalo plays Jax next week and Cleveland a few weeks after that. If the Bills beat them they really only have to split their other 4 games against the Eagles, Dolphins, Redskins and Giants to make it in at 9-7.

If you look at it that way it is definately doable.

I am feeling optimistic....

justasportsfan
11-19-2007, 02:58 PM
Nice. Optimistic after the worse loss in franchise history.

I hope we bounce back.

User Manuel
11-19-2007, 02:59 PM
gotta start somewhere....

:fishy:

OpIv37
11-19-2007, 03:04 PM
A loss to Jax or Cleveland makes the chances of getting in slim to none.

User Manuel
11-19-2007, 03:06 PM

Absolutely.

The Answer
11-19-2007, 03:09 PM

Jacksonville
Cleveland
Buffalo
Tennessee

Buffalo plays Jax next week and Cleveland a few weeks after that. If the Bills beat them they really only have to split their other 4 games against the Eagles, Dolphins, Redskins and Giants to make it in at 9-7.

We take care of the jags and browns and we are in, assuming we take care of business elsewhere. But neither game is going to be easy especially the game in Cleveland.

Now that The Answer has had time to ponder this - it's great that the jags didn't lose at home to the chargers yesterday. Who would have thought when the schedule came out that we'd be looking at the Browns game as the most difficult game left on the schedule at this point in the season?

~The Answer

Mr. Pink
11-19-2007, 03:10 PM

Jacksonville
Cleveland
Buffalo
Tennessee

So you're going with J-Ville going 2-4 to finish the year?
Tennesee 3-4?
Cleveland 3-3?

Two of those have to happen for us to go 9-7 and get the final WC. My guess is you're automatically giving the Titans the 5th seed. So, we only need the other two teams to play .500 or worse.

J-Ville has surprised me, I didn't think they'd win without Garrard and he came back sooner than expected. They have Buffalo, Indy, Carolina, Pittsburgh, Oakland and Houston. Oakland and Houston should be gimmes for them...so all they have to do is win 1 of the other 4 to go 10-6

Cleveland has enough offense to hang with any team in the league, including NE, they were down only 10 with less than a minute left before bowing by 17. They have Houston, Arizona, Jets, Buffalo, Cincy, 49ers. Zona, Jets, Cincy, SF are pretty much gimmes...which puts Cleveland at 10-6 even if lose to both Buffalo and Houston.

Titans just win games somehow...They have Denver, Cincy, Houston, SD, KC, Jets and Colts. Colts by week 17 will likely have the 2 seed locked with Pitts having NE still on their schedule. Denver might be tough for them tonight Cincy, KC and the Jets are gimmes for them. So then they have to just win 1 other game of 4 to make 10-6.

If we can get to 10-6, beating both Cleveland and J-ville we do have a shot. It's not out of the realm of possibilities but it's gonna be tough. We control our destiny if we go 5-1 at minimum to close out the year and don't lose to either J-ville or Cleveland.

patmoran2006
11-19-2007, 05:29 PM
its going to take 10 wins to legitimately have a chance.

Jags and Browns will probably finish with 10 wins, even if they BOTH lose to us.

Tennesse may end up with at least 10 as well.

Oaf
11-19-2007, 07:33 PM
Would the 1st tiebreaker b/w Jax and Cleve and us be head to head?

If so both losses would eliminate us almost definitely, and one loss would make things very tough.

I like our chances with wins against both of them, the Fins, and the Eagles.

Meathead
11-19-2007, 08:01 PM
yep i wuz telling my dad that before the demolition began

jax and cle are playoff games already

then its 3-1 in the other games to get in

9-7 is very iffy even if we win the two road playoff games

something to root for but im afraid im not optimistic

Mitchy moo
11-19-2007, 09:10 PM
We got our asses handed to us by NE and pittsburgh and then won 5 of 6 games. We do the same thing and we are 10-6, so we have a decent chance.

BillsOverDolphins
11-19-2007, 09:32 PM
cle or tenn will get the last wc

BillsOverDolphins
11-19-2007, 09:33 PM
We got our asses handed to us by NE and pittsburgh and then won 5 of 6 games. We do the same thing and we are 10-6, so we have a decent chance.
too bad we only have one more creampuff on our schedule...we are screwed

acehole
11-19-2007, 10:32 PM

If that happens the Bills can put in the golden boy and all our troubles will be over.

Mahdi
11-20-2007, 10:52 AM
So you're going with J-Ville going 2-4 to finish the year?
Tennesee 3-4?
Cleveland 3-3?

Two of those have to happen for us to go 9-7 and get the final WC. My guess is you're automatically giving the Titans the 5th seed. So, we only need the other two teams to play .500 or worse.

J-Ville has surprised me, I didn't think they'd win without Garrard and he came back sooner than expected. They have Buffalo, Indy, Carolina, Pittsburgh, Oakland and Houston. Oakland and Houston should be gimmes for them...so all they have to do is win 1 of the other 4 to go 10-6

Cleveland has enough offense to hang with any team in the league, including NE, they were down only 10 with less than a minute left before bowing by 17. They have Houston, Arizona, Jets, Buffalo, Cincy, 49ers. Zona, Jets, Cincy, SF are pretty much gimmes...which puts Cleveland at 10-6 even if lose to both Buffalo and Houston.

Titans just win games somehow...They have Denver, Cincy, Houston, SD, KC, Jets and Colts. Colts by week 17 will likely have the 2 seed locked with Pitts having NE still on their schedule. Denver might be tough for them tonight Cincy, KC and the Jets are gimmes for them. So then they have to just win 1 other game of 4 to make 10-6.

If we can get to 10-6, beating both Cleveland and J-ville we do have a shot. It's not out of the realm of possibilities but it's gonna be tough. We control our destiny if we go 5-1 at minimum to close out the year and don't lose to either J-ville or Cleveland.
Theres no such thing as Gimmies in this league. Who would have thought that the JETS would beat the steelers... no one. Cleveland can easily lose to all the teams left on their schedule. Especially Cinci. Getting Chris Henry back as their 3rd WR has brought their O to a whole new level. They now have 3 #1 WRs which will be tough for Cleveland to defend.