PDA

View Full Version : How about chambers Oline play last night against the pats

Bruce is Loose
11-19-2007, 06:12 PM
Did anyone else notice Madden refer to Chambers (Peters) and mention the incorrect name several times in a row last night during a several sentance discussion about him?
I cant recall the other screwups but that was the point I turned off the volume and watched in silence.

Dr. Lecter
11-19-2007, 06:14 PM
I am not sure when it happened, but Chambers was in playing TE more than once and got burned a couple of times. Badly.

So he might have had the right guy.

The Answer
11-19-2007, 06:14 PM
Did anyone else notice Madden refer to Chambers (Peters) and mention the incorrect name several times in a row last night during a several sentance discussion about him?
I cant recall the other screwups but that was the point I turned off the volume and watched in silence.

Kirk Chambers is pathetic and should not be allowed to go anywhere near the football field during live action ever again.

~The Answer

The Answer
11-19-2007, 06:17 PM
I am not sure when it happened, but Chambers was in playing TE more than once and got burned a couple of times. Badly.

So he might have had the right guy.

Just goes to show how bad injuries have decimated our roster when scrub olinemen like this are converted to TE.

~The Answer

Mr. Pink
11-19-2007, 06:40 PM
Chambers was brought in on rushing plays to give extra blocking for the Molasses Train. The sad part is the first play he came in, Molasses Train ran for like 15 BUT Kirk failed to report meaning an illegal formation penalty.

Ebenezer
11-19-2007, 06:48 PM
there is a reason why he is a 3rd stringer

EDS
11-19-2007, 06:56 PM
there is a reason why he is a 3rd stringer

Unless I am mistaken, he is the only back-up tackle on the roster. Scary thought.

bills&sabresmvf
11-20-2007, 10:25 AM
Anyone remember in the first quarter when Madden was talking about Peters and then there was a long pause and he goes "75, 250, 80" or something like that, rattling off a bunch of numbers? and then Michaels goes "ok, we're just rattling off numbers whatever that means" It was the most random thing ever, but I laughed so hard. It's like there was a malfunction on whose controlling him (a 5 year old kid probably) and pressed the wrong button.

Jan Reimers
11-20-2007, 10:29 AM
Madden hasn't had a cogent thought in about 18 years.

Maybe he has sucked in too many fumes from the Madden Cruiser.

EDS
11-20-2007, 11:57 AM

Madden is terrible but he is still light years better than Joe Theisman. Theisman, is the worst of all time in my opinion.

Elminster
11-20-2007, 12:55 PM
Madden is terrible but he is still light years better than Joe Theisman. Theisman, is the worst of all time in my opinion.
Madden, at least, can be amusing. As for the numbers, he was manufacturing random numbers for Jason Peters, because he was lamenting the fact they couldn't put linemen in the stat thing they show sometimes, because linemen don't have stats.

OpIv37
11-20-2007, 01:02 PM

I've told this story on here many times but it keeps coming up so I'm going to tell it again.

A few years ago, when the Bucs and Raiders were in the SB, Madden's comment on John Gruden was "John Gruden likes to get a lead then control the ball so the other team can't score. That's how Gruden plays football".

Really, John? You know what? That's how EVERYONE plays football- it's kind of the whole point of the game. The only thing he could have said that would have been more obvious would be "John Gruden wins football games by scoring more points than his team gives up over a full 4 quarters."

I had noticed Madden declining a while before that, but at that moment, when he said that on international television with half a billion people watching, it became painfully obvious that he was no longer relevant.

I think body diverted oxygenated blood away from his brain to fuel all his extra chins.

Mr. Pink
11-20-2007, 01:06 PM
I've told this story on here many times but it keeps coming up so I'm going to tell it again.

A few years ago, when the Bucs and Raiders were in the SB, Madden's comment on John Gruden was "John Gruden likes to get a lead then control the ball so the other team can't score. That's how Gruden plays football".

Really, John? You know what? That's how EVERYONE plays football- it's kind of the whole point of the game. The only thing he could have said that would have been more obvious would be "John Gruden wins football games by scoring more points than his team gives up over a full 4 quarters."

I had noticed Madden declining a while before that, but at that moment, when he said that on international television with half a billion people watching, it became painfully obvious that he was no longer relevant.

I think body diverted oxygenated blood away from his brain to fuel all his extra chins.

Not every team plays football like that. Look at us, we throw bombs and 3rd and 5 with 2 minutes left and have the lead! The Pats continue to throw and put more points up.

I love John Madden as an analyst. He's actually one of the better guys in the booth on Sundays. He's articulate, when he wants to be, and knows what he's talking about. His random tangents make him interesting. But when it comes down to it he knows the game.

Much like he did as a Coach for the Raiders.

"when you talk about precision passing that's what you're talking about.....BOOM!"

Gunzlingr
11-20-2007, 01:07 PM
Frank Caliendo does a great bit about Madden and Brett Favre.

YardRat
11-20-2007, 01:10 PM

Really, John? You know what? That's how EVERYONE plays football-

Tell that to Belicheck and New England.

Gunzlingr
11-20-2007, 01:12 PM
Chambers was awful. I was talking to Voltron on the phone and we both were asking who the hell he was.

Madden sucks ass, big time.

OpIv37
11-20-2007, 01:17 PM
Not every team plays football like that. Look at us, we throw bombs and 3rd and 5 with 2 minutes left and have the lead! The Pats continue to throw and put more points up.

I love John Madden as an analyst. He's actually one of the better guys in the booth on Sundays. He's articulate, when he wants to be, and knows what he's talking about. His random tangents make him interesting. But when it comes down to it he knows the game.

Much like he did as a Coach for the Raiders.

"when you talk about precision passing that's what you're talking about.....BOOM!"

Just because the Pats pass doesn't mean they're not controlling the ball. Brady has 2 INT's on the season and some insane completion percentage. They're still playing a ball control game late with the lead.

As far as us- well, our coaches are just plain stupid because if they had done what Madden said, we would have won that game. Denver would be 4-6, we'd be 6-4 with the tiebreaker and there would be one less team to worry about in the playoff hunt.

Madden's tangents are what they are- the problem is that the points he makes between tangents are constantly becoming more like tangents themselves than relevant points.

OpIv37
11-20-2007, 01:17 PM
Tell that to Belicheck and New England.

just cuz they're passing doesn't mean they're not controlling the ball. They had a drive in the 3rd quarter that was mostly passes and took almost 7 minutes off the clock.