PDA

View Full Version : Fairchild and Jauron have no clue

Kerr
11-19-2007, 07:39 PM
The team lost last night's game as soon as they stepped on the field. It was a disaster from top to bottom. And even though, jp did nothing last night to prove he should remain the starter, he remains misused in this offense. You'd think that Fairchild would have thought about rolling him out more often and creating plays that allows him to run. Fairchild and DJ have to wake up and realize jp is not a pure pocket qb. He does not have the pocket awareness they want. If they want that, they need to start Trent Edwards. JP has a playmaker mentality. That means has to be able to make plays on the move with his legs. Of course, you're not going to have jp rollout every single time, but his game should emulate one of a younger Farve. Farve he is not, but farve is not a pure pocket qb. He moves around the pocket and creates plays on the move more often than not. I've been saying this ever since he got drafted out of Tulane. Go back and watch him at Tulane. The guy is not a pure pocket qb. He is a gunslinger with happy feet. He is not patient. That's why after his first target is usually taken, he gets impatient. I know that the majority of the fans are frustrated with jp. I am convinced he has no future in buffalo, but if this team is going anywhere past the season, they need to let him be a playmaker despite his lousy decision making. It's not surprising that jp usually makes successful plays when he's out of the pocket.

Use him right or bench him.

Nighthawk
11-19-2007, 07:45 PM
They definitely are clueless, but things aren't going to change anytime soon.

G Wolly
11-19-2007, 08:02 PM
Can we realize this still is the number one defense in the league which allowed an average of about 14 points per game.

Yes, bad play calling but there was some kind of limit.

historypete
11-19-2007, 08:48 PM
Yes, bad play calling but there was some kind of limit.

I'm sorry but there is no excuse for bad playcalling and piss poor gamplanning. It is the coaches job to at least try and put together a gameplan that will succeed. Fairchild is completely incapable of accomplishing that, and Jauron is culpable because he doesn't do anything to alter this. The really sad part is this has been happening on the offensive side since the season began.

It is amazing how our Defense has improved in the rankings since the beginning of the year despite all those injuries, whereas our offense continues to remain stagnat with very few injuries. That comes down to the ability of the coordinator to develop gameplans that take advantage of his players strenghts, while placing them in a position to succeed by obtaining favorable matchups.

Up until last night Fewell had been doing that rather successfully, and I would even argue his playcalling wasn't bad last night. It wasn't his fault his D-line and LBs could get no pressure despite sending 5 or 6 guys. As for Fairchild, he is hopeless. <!-- / message --><!-- sig -->