PDA

View Full Version : When JP Got Hurt

Typ0
11-20-2007, 05:27 AM
the team mysteriously started getting better...and then he came back and they are getting worse. He's been playing a few weeks now and the team is back to the cellar. Can we get rid of this bum please? Put Ingtar in there at QB I'm sure he'll take the money and can do a better job.

acehole
11-20-2007, 05:39 AM
the team mysteriously started getting better...and then he came back and they are getting worse. He's been playing a few weeks now and the team is back to the cellar. Can we get rid of this bum please? Put Ingtar in there at QB I'm sure he'll take the money and can do a better job.

hahhaaha

NE Patriots.

YardRat
11-20-2007, 05:41 AM
Points for versus points against...

JP = 60 and 128
TE = 71 and 90

Take out both NE debacles...

JP = 50 and 69
TE = 64 and 55

Take out the NE game and Jets game (where both were starters but removed for injury)...

JP = 50 and 125
TE = 61 and 52

SquishDaFish
You know TypoHater when your a young team it takes a few weeks to start to gel. And not to mention you dont play the same team every week. I know that the QB is the main position but theres only 1 game since hes been back that hes looked like crap. But still led a 4th Q comeback to win.

Typ0
hahhaaha

NE Patriots.

why didn't we get blown out so bad on their field then?

Typ0
11-20-2007, 05:43 AM

JP = 60 and 128
TE = 71 and 90

JP = 50 and 69
TE = 64 and 55

Take out the NE game and Jets game (where both were starters but removed for injury)...

JP = 50 and 125
TE = 61 and 52

very telling. The lickers will not let up though. This week it will be "he got beat bad by NE last week" and the next week it will be "his eggs were bad in the morning."

Ebenezer
11-20-2007, 05:44 AM
yup, this team laid down and got pounded by the Jets in the 4th quarter, the Bengals and the Fins...and of course with TE in the lineup the Pats only would have scored 40...

:rolleyes:

...go attempt to roll out of the other side of the bed...

simply said, neither QB is good enough to lead this team on a weekly basis...

Typ0
11-20-2007, 05:44 AM
You know TypoHater when your a young team it takes a few weeks to start to gel. And not to mention you dont play the same team every week. I know that the QB is the main position but theres only 1 game since hes been back that hes looked like crap. But still led a 4th Q comeback to win.

wrong. Try again.

mybills
11-20-2007, 06:08 AM
Keith, you're getting really obnoxious with this crap. It's up to Jauron. There's nothing any zoner can do to change the QB to make you happy, so please stfu about it.
Thanks.

SquishDaFish
11-20-2007, 06:44 AM
No Typo your wrong and just a HATER! Neither QB can do anything to lead us anywhere. Neither will be the starter that leads us to the playoffs next season either. This offseason we will go get someone either FA or 1-2 rds of draft. So people need to stop calling for JPs head because Edwards wont do much better sorry. Get off TE jock

SquishDaFish
11-20-2007, 06:44 AM
And great posting Mybills :clap:

TacklingDummy
11-20-2007, 07:11 AM
simply said, neither QB is good enough to lead this team on a weekly basis...

Im glad you can tell this about Trent Edwards after only 4 career starts. btw, the Bills are 3-1 in those starts.

TacklingDummy
11-20-2007, 07:15 AM
No Typo your wrong and just a HATER! Neither QB can do anything to lead us anywhere. Neither will be the starter that leads us to the playoffs next season either. This offseason we will go get someone either FA or 1-2 rds of draft. So people need to stop calling for JPs head because Edwards wont do much better sorry. Get off TE jock

How do you know this about Trent Edwards already? Stop being a Hater. The kid has only started 4 friggin games.

It's nice how people can give JP Losman 30 starts and then hate on Trent after only 4.

Let's love the QB who is 10-20 as starter and lets hate on the QB who is 3-1.

Now I know why half this board loves JP Losman. They enjoy the Bills losing.

mybills
11-20-2007, 07:24 AM
If he had what it took, he'd look like Romo or Brady in his first "four friggin" games.
He hasn't looked like either of them. :ill: It's tough to put all your eggs in one basket when the bottom is weak.

jamze132
11-20-2007, 07:26 AM
That Pats are playing better now?

Seriously dude, we could play them again, with JP, and they wouldn't beat us that bad again.

Ebenezer
11-20-2007, 07:29 AM
That Pats are playing better now?

Seriously dude, we could play them again, with JP, and they wouldn't beat us that bad again.
or they could beat us worse...I'm betting they put a 60 spot or higher on the Jets.

colin
11-20-2007, 07:41 AM
honestly i agree.

trent gives the team a splash of hope, jp is exactly the same player who was good for 2 drives against houston and then sucked out loud in 05.

i was at the game (first game i've been to at the ralph since 05) and while we just laid down for that one, jp is zero further along than he was as a jr at tulane. the deep pass to roscoe was a bad throw, the pick to reed was a friggen joke (had all day and threw it at the damn db) and he is a joke in the pocket.

he does nothing to make his team better, he crouches down for a hit seconds before the guys get there, when there is an obvious blitz he never reads it, and he got sacked while having plenty of time most of the night.

in one drive late he had 4 passes tipped all on the weakside. a blocked (with walker just dominating the guy) lb or lineman just reached his hands up becase jp was looking that way the whole time. he stares guys down and missed open guys often.

when there was an open guy he put the ball into the dirt or on the ground half the time.

the reason why the team looks less energetic with him in is that he makes the same exact mistakes over and over again. he did it against atlanta at home in 05, against tenn and balti at the end of 06 (even tho i hoped he would have improved by then) and agianst denver, pitts, jests (with the lucky TD) cincy (remember the picks and bad passes? we were so lucky to hold cinci as often as we did) and even against miami.

trent is a mistake making rookie, but he does the things he needs to do, so that if he corrects his mistakes he will move the ball well in our O and he is already about as productive as JP in terms of points. jp has the odd bomb, and other than that is a train wreck. he's like an RB who breaks a long one every few games but fumbles and falls down behind the LOS, never blocks and never catches.

trent may well just be a rook who looks good at times and nothing more, but he's better than who else we have and jp is done with this team. what i don't understand is the fans who can't see that.

OpIv37
11-20-2007, 07:49 AM
Look, I'm sick of JP's Jekyl and Hyde act too and he was terrible in Miami, but we had our best game of the year against Cincy and the entire team blew it against NE. It's not JP's fault that NE scored 7 times on the D. Even if he had scored 6 TD's and a FG, we still would have lost.

TacklingDummy
11-20-2007, 08:35 AM
Another thread moved when it shouldn't have been.

Don't criticize JP Losman or it will be moved to the Smack Forum, Spam Forum, or post will be changed/censored.

I come back after 3 weeks and see that nothing has changed.

Philagape
11-20-2007, 08:47 AM
If he had what it took, he'd look like Romo or Brady in his first "four friggin" games.

Are you trying to say that every good QB played just as well when they were rookies? That struggling as a rookie will mean struggling forever? Are you serious?

acehole
11-20-2007, 08:47 AM
How about TD passes in that time span?

JP = 60 and 128
TE = 71 and 90

JP = 50 and 69
TE = 64 and 55

JP = 50 and 125
TE = 61 and 52

acehole
11-20-2007, 08:50 AM

38 8 is pretty bad. The second game is easier then the first as there is more game film as well...and a little thing called M Lynch was not playing...remember?

TacklingDummy
11-20-2007, 08:50 AM

:lmao: Are you really trying to give JP props for 2 passes he threw up for grabs that could/should been easily intercepted?

Gunzlingr
11-20-2007, 09:03 AM
:lmao: Are you really trying to give JP props for 2 passes he threw up for grabs that could/should been easily intercepted?

How many TDs has Trent thrown again?

That is right 1 with 5 INTs. Worse than Losmans ****ty 2 TD 3 INTs

How many offensive points did the team score with TE behind center?

You rag on JP for not beating teams with winning records, but TE hasn't beaten a team with a winning record either.

Looks to me like neither one is worth a ****.

TacklingDummy
11-20-2007, 09:10 AM

You rag on JP for not beating teams with winning records, but TE hasn't beaten a team with a winning record either.

Rookie
4th year rookie

4 career starts
30 career starts

One has had plenty of time to prove he "worth a ****".

Why not give Trent the same amount of time before saying that?

Remember Bill Walsh said something about it taking 20+ games to evaluate a QB. I'll take his opinion over a person on message board opinion.

And the only stat. that matters is W/L. Look those up.

Mitchy moo
11-20-2007, 09:11 AM
I root for the Bills and whoever is starting. I have preferences who starts but the coaching staff feels the teams leaders are behind JP, that is obvious. That doesn't mean Trent might not be a better option in the future but if Evans can get all the yards passing like he did against the Bengals because of JP, then play JP. ML is going to run for good yardage whoever is handing him the rock but we need Evans to step up and grab every ball possible.

There is still a chance for JP to be a success in this league with the Bills, it's just going to take a massive efforts by the coaching staff to put plays together that work to his stregths and not his weaknesses. Let's say a prayer this week that the coaches actually have a great plan in place.

YardRat
11-20-2007, 09:22 AM

The initial post was regarding the entire team, not just the QB's and their individual stats.

That's why I posted info on the team.

Jimbuktu
11-20-2007, 09:34 AM

So wait, let me get this straight.

JP came into the Jets game and they won.

JP played well in the Bengals game and they won.

JP played ****ty for the most part against Miami, but they still won.

We got raped (as expected) by the Patriots and lost.

How do you figure we are back to the cellar after going 3-1 with JP at the helm. I understand you don't like JP, but you can't pretend we didn't just win three of four games.

TacklingDummy
11-20-2007, 09:37 AM
How do you figure we are back to the cellar

Don't forget that the Jets and Fins are beneath us. The Bills won't find the cellar again this year.

mybills
11-20-2007, 10:14 AM
Are you trying to say that every good QB played just as well when they were rookies? That struggling as a rookie will mean struggling forever?
Not at all what I'm saying. (have patience mybills)

I've always been a backer of giving a rookie QB a good 4 years before writing them off completely. Most JP haters wrote him off after year 2, which was actually his 1st year as a starter.

Now, if I'm to be consistent about backing a rookie QB, I have to allow Trent that same amount of time.

My point was, he did not come out of the gate throwing like Romo or Brady did in their 1st year, yet people think he's the best thing that's happened to Buffalo in a long time? How does that even make sense?

We don't know if he'll turn into one of them or struggle the whole 4 years.
But there's no need to worry.
This is JP's last year...there's no way he'll win the starting position next year, because he's had the time to excel in spite of multiple coaching changes, etc. and he hasn't.

I wish people could just relax about this whole thing. There's nothing WE can do about it.

justasportsfan
11-20-2007, 10:39 AM
I think TYpo likes playing not to lose.

acehole
11-20-2007, 10:45 AM

Simple question...how many TD passes in that time frame for both qbs. Answer it or move on. You have to score at the QB position in NFL....

I will ask for the cheap seats. HOW MANY td PASSES FOR BOTH QBS IN THAT TIME FRAME?

You put smiley faces every time you are faced.

acehole
11-20-2007, 10:47 AM
According to Philagap these are all lies to prove your point!

Lies I tell you!

So wait, let me get this straight.

JP came into the Jets game and they won.

JP played well in the Bengals game and they won.

JP played ****ty for the most part against Miami, but they still won.

We got raped (as expected) by the Patriots and lost.

How do you figure we are back to the cellar after going 3-1 with JP at the helm. I understand you don't like JP, but you can't pretend we didn't just win three of four games.

Philagape
11-20-2007, 10:56 AM

One can still get better.

Philagape
11-20-2007, 10:57 AM
According to Philagap these are all lies to prove your point!

Lies I tell you!

No, just meaningless against 5-25 teams.

acehole
11-20-2007, 10:59 AM
No, just meaningless against 5-25 teams.

hhahahaha what were TE wins agianst? Packer? NE?

hahaha..oh man Phil keep it going...if anything you are entertaining.

acehole
11-20-2007, 11:00 AM
One can still get better.

Yes he can...our piont exactly.
BUT IS ISNT YET.

justasportsfan
11-20-2007, 11:02 AM
BUT IS ISNT YET.
Both qb's can still get better. Just find an OC that knows football.

Philagape
11-20-2007, 11:03 AM
hhahahaha what were TE wins agianst? Packer? NE?

You just can't do it. I dare you to critique JP without mentioning anyone else. Do it.

Philagape
11-20-2007, 11:03 AM
BUT IS ISNT YET.

I'd rather take our chances than go with sure failure.

acehole
11-20-2007, 11:12 AM
Simple question...how many TD passes in that time frame for both qbs. Answer it or move on. You have to score at the QB position in NFL....

I will ask for the cheap seats. HOW MANY td PASSES FOR BOTH QBS IN THAT TIME FRAME?

Here we go...So JP has more TD less int's more yards and a better rating then TE and these are not lies..just the facts...so go argue with ESPN and D Juron and the truth. IF you dont think not having your starting RB in against the Pats doesnt mater when talking about his performance of a qb you dont know much about football. The pats put extra dbs (As they should have) into coverage as we were not feared for the run with out him (Lynch). It worked perfect. It resulted in coverage sacks and int's as it should have...then when your ahead you bring the house at JP. Football 101. If you think it doest mater you are wrong as usual.

<FORM name=menu><TABLE width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD class="tablexlrg bi">#7 J.P. Losman | QB </TD><TD></TD><TD align=right>Roster: <SELECT class=tablesm id=url style="VISIBILITY: visible" onchange=gotosite(this.options[this.selectedIndex].value) name=url><OPTION selected>Select Player</OPTION> <OPTION value=?playerId=4585>S. Aiken</OPTION> <OPTION value=?playerId=10357>C. Bryan</OPTION> <OPTION value=?playerId=9729>B. Butler</OPTION> <OPTION value=?playerId=2694>J. Butler</OPTION> <OPTION value=?playerId=5701>K. Chambers</OPTION> <OPTION value=?playerId=9419>B. Cieslak</OPTION> <OPTION value=?playerId=4552>A. Crowell</OPTION> <OPTION value=?playerId=3589>R. Denney</OPTION> <OPTION value=?playerId=9924>J. DiGiorgio</OPTION> <OPTION value=?playerId=4539>D. Dockery</OPTION> <OPTION value=?playerId=10536>T. Edwards</OPTION> <OPTION value=?playerId=9764>K. Ellison</OPTION> <OPTION value=?playerId=5538>L. Evans</OPTION> <OPTION value=?playerId=8500>K. Everett</OPTION> <OPTION value=?playerId=3604>M. Fowler</OPTION> <OPTION value=?playerId=10911>C. Gaddis</OPTION> <OPTION value=?playerId=5757>M. Gaines</OPTION> <OPTION value=?playerId=6391>J. Greer</OPTION> <OPTION value=?playerId=4686>M. Haggan</OPTION> <OPTION value=?playerId=4690>G. Hamdan</OPTION> <OPTION value=?playerId=5616>A. Hargrove</OPTION> <OPTION value=?playerId=10396>K. Harrison</OPTION> <OPTION value=?playerId=10195>F. Jackson</OPTION> <OPTION value=?playerId=8607>J. Jefferson</OPTION> <OPTION value=?playerId=5823>J. Jenkins</OPTION> <OPTION value=?playerId=5637>L. Joe</OPTION> <OPTION value=?playerId=4506>C. Kelsay</OPTION> <OPTION value=?playerId=9266>J. Leonhard</OPTION> <OPTION value=?playerId=2489>R. Lindell</OPTION> <OPTION value=?playerId=5547>J. Losman</OPTION> <OPTION value=?playerId=10456>M. Lynch</OPTION> <OPTION value=?playerId=9830>T. Massaquoi</OPTION> <OPTION value=?playerId=9612>J. McCargo</OPTION> <OPTION value=?playerId=4569>T. McGee</OPTION> <OPTION value=?playerId=9834>A. Merz</OPTION> <OPTION value=?playerId=2797>B. Moorman</OPTION> <OPTION value=?playerId=3756>M. Murphy</OPTION> <OPTION value=?playerId=10049>R. Neill</OPTION> <OPTION value=?playerId=2087>R. Neufeld</OPTION> <OPTION value=?playerId=8469>R. Parrish</OPTION> <OPTION value=?playerId=6012>J. Peters</OPTION> <OPTION value=?playerId=10478>P. Posluszny</OPTION> <OPTION value=?playerId=8536>D. Preston</OPTION> <OPTION value=?playerId=1806>P. Price</OPTION> <OPTION value=?playerId=3564>J. Reed</OPTION> <OPTION value=?playerId=3688>R. Royal</OPTION> <OPTION value=?playerId=2594>A. Schobel</OPTION> <OPTION value=?playerId=10665>D. Schouman</OPTION> <OPTION value=?playerId=4513>B. Scott</OPTION> <OPTION value=?playerId=9691>K. Simpson</OPTION> <OPTION value=?playerId=5254>J. Stamer</OPTION> <OPTION value=?playerId=2586>A. Thomas</OPTION> <OPTION value=?playerId=2290>K. Thomas</OPTION> <OPTION value=?playerId=3570>L. Tripplett</OPTION> <OPTION value=?playerId=3581>L. Walker</OPTION> <OPTION value=?playerId=1418>A. Wallace</OPTION> <OPTION value=?playerId=2179>J. Webster</OPTION> <OPTION value=?playerId=10627>J. Wendling</OPTION> <OPTION value=?playerId=9594>D. Whitner</OPTION> <OPTION value=?playerId=1747>J. Whittle</OPTION> <OPTION value=?playerId=9720>K. Williams</OPTION> <OPTION value=?playerId=9267>G. Wilson</OPTION> <OPTION value=?playerId=3625>C. Wire</OPTION> <OPTION value=?playerId=10555>D. Wright</OPTION> <OPTION value=?playerId=9656>A. Youboty</OPTION></SELECT><NOSCRIPT><INPUT type=submit value=GO onsubmit="gotosite(document.forms[0].url.options[document.forms[0].url.selectedIndex].value);return false"></NOSCRIPT> </TD></TR></FORM></TBODY></TABLE>
<TABLE style="WIDTH: 100%"><TBODY><TR class=tablesm vAlign=top><TD style="WIDTH: 75px">http://assets.espn.go.com/i/nfl/profiles/players/mugs/65x90/5547.jpg</TD><TD>Full Name: Jonathan Paul Losman
Born: March 12, 1981 Venice, CA

Height: 6-2
Weight: 212 lbs.
</TD><TD>Age: 26
Pos: QB
Experience: 4 years
College: Tulane
Drafted: Year:2004 Round:1 Pick:22, Bills
</TD><TD>FANTASY
Percent Owned: (Week +/-):
NFL: 24.4% (+0.6%)

Avg. Draft Position:
NFL: 139.0
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>RAT 79.6 | YDS 993 | TD 3

<TABLE style="Z-INDEX: 11; POSITION: relative; TEXT-ALIGN: center" cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=tabOn>Profile</TD><TD class=tabOff>Stats (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/stats?playerId=5547)</TD><TD class=tabOff>Splits (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/splits?playerId=5547)</TD><TD class=tabOff>Game Log (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/gamelog?playerId=5547)</TD><TD class=tabOff>News (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/content?playerId=5547)</TD><TD class=tabOff>Scouting (http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/players/scouting?statsId=6781) http://espn.go.com/i/in.gif</TD><TD class=tabOff>Fantasy (http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/players/fantasy?statsId=6781)</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top><TABLE class=tablehead cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3 border=0><TBODY><TR class=stathead align=middle bgColor=#00133f><TD align=left>Stat Overview</TD><TD colSpan=10>Passing</TD></TR><TR class=colhead align=right ?><TD align=left>SPLIT</TD><TD>CMP</TD><TD>ATT</TD><TD>YDS</TD><TD>CMP%</TD><TD>YPA</TD><TD>LNG</TD><TD>TD</TD><TD>INT</TD><TD>SACK</TD><TD>RAT</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow align=right><TD align=left>2007</TD><TD>84</TD><TD>135</TD><TD>993</TD><TD>62.2</TD><TD>7.36</TD><TD>85</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>4</TD><TD>13</TD><TD>79.6</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow align=right><TD align=left>Projected</TD><TD>134</TD><TD>216</TD><TD>1589</TD><TD>62.2</TD><TD>7.36</TD><TD>85</TD><TD>5</TD><TD>6</TD><TD>21</TD><TD>79.6</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow align=right><TD align=left>Career</TD><TD>468</TD><TD>797</TD><TD>5416</TD><TD>58.7</TD><TD>6.80</TD><TD>85</TD><TD>30</TD><TD>27</TD><TD>87</TD><TD>77.8</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><!--teamId=2-->

<TABLE width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD class="tablexlrg bi">#5 Trent Edwards | QB </TD><TD></TD><TD align=right>Roster: <SELECT class=tablesm id=url onchange=gotosite(this.options[this.selectedIndex].value) name=url><OPTION selected>Select Player</OPTION> <OPTION value=?playerId=4585>S. Aiken</OPTION> <OPTION value=?playerId=10357>C. Bryan</OPTION> <OPTION value=?playerId=9729>B. Butler</OPTION> <OPTION value=?playerId=2694>J. Butler</OPTION> <OPTION value=?playerId=5701>K. Chambers</OPTION> <OPTION value=?playerId=9419>B. Cieslak</OPTION> <OPTION value=?playerId=4552>A. Crowell</OPTION> <OPTION value=?playerId=3589>R. Denney</OPTION> <OPTION value=?playerId=9924>J. DiGiorgio</OPTION> <OPTION value=?playerId=4539>D. Dockery</OPTION> <OPTION value=?playerId=10536>T. Edwards</OPTION> <OPTION value=?playerId=9764>K. Ellison</OPTION> <OPTION value=?playerId=5538>L. Evans</OPTION> <OPTION value=?playerId=8500>K. Everett</OPTION> <OPTION value=?playerId=3604>M. Fowler</OPTION> <OPTION value=?playerId=10911>C. Gaddis</OPTION> <OPTION value=?playerId=5757>M. Gaines</OPTION> <OPTION value=?playerId=6391>J. Greer</OPTION> <OPTION value=?playerId=4686>M. Haggan</OPTION> <OPTION value=?playerId=4690>G. Hamdan</OPTION> <OPTION value=?playerId=5616>A. Hargrove</OPTION> <OPTION value=?playerId=10396>K. Harrison</OPTION> <OPTION value=?playerId=10195>F. Jackson</OPTION> <OPTION value=?playerId=8607>J. Jefferson</OPTION> <OPTION value=?playerId=5823>J. Jenkins</OPTION> <OPTION value=?playerId=5637>L. Joe</OPTION> <OPTION value=?playerId=4506>C. Kelsay</OPTION> <OPTION value=?playerId=9266>J. Leonhard</OPTION> <OPTION value=?playerId=2489>R. Lindell</OPTION> <OPTION value=?playerId=5547>J. Losman</OPTION> <OPTION value=?playerId=10456>M. Lynch</OPTION> <OPTION value=?playerId=9830>T. Massaquoi</OPTION> <OPTION value=?playerId=9612>J. McCargo</OPTION> <OPTION value=?playerId=4569>T. McGee</OPTION> <OPTION value=?playerId=9834>A. Merz</OPTION> <OPTION value=?playerId=2797>B. Moorman</OPTION> <OPTION value=?playerId=3756>M. Murphy</OPTION> <OPTION value=?playerId=10049>R. Neill</OPTION> <OPTION value=?playerId=2087>R. Neufeld</OPTION> <OPTION value=?playerId=8469>R. Parrish</OPTION> <OPTION value=?playerId=6012>J. Peters</OPTION> <OPTION value=?playerId=10478>P. Posluszny</OPTION> <OPTION value=?playerId=8536>D. Preston</OPTION> <OPTION value=?playerId=1806>P. Price</OPTION> <OPTION value=?playerId=3564>J. Reed</OPTION> <OPTION value=?playerId=3688>R. Royal</OPTION> <OPTION value=?playerId=2594>A. Schobel</OPTION> <OPTION value=?playerId=10665>D. Schouman</OPTION> <OPTION value=?playerId=4513>B. Scott</OPTION> <OPTION value=?playerId=9691>K. Simpson</OPTION> <OPTION value=?playerId=5254>J. Stamer</OPTION> <OPTION value=?playerId=2586>A. Thomas</OPTION> <OPTION value=?playerId=2290>K. Thomas</OPTION> <OPTION value=?playerId=3570>L. Tripplett</OPTION> <OPTION value=?playerId=3581>L. Walker</OPTION> <OPTION value=?playerId=1418>A. Wallace</OPTION> <OPTION value=?playerId=2179>J. Webster</OPTION> <OPTION value=?playerId=10627>J. Wendling</OPTION> <OPTION value=?playerId=9594>D. Whitner</OPTION> <OPTION value=?playerId=1747>J. Whittle</OPTION> <OPTION value=?playerId=9720>K. Williams</OPTION> <OPTION value=?playerId=9267>G. Wilson</OPTION> <OPTION value=?playerId=3625>C. Wire</OPTION> <OPTION value=?playerId=10555>D. Wright</OPTION> <OPTION value=?playerId=9656>A. Youboty</OPTION></SELECT><NOSCRIPT><INPUT type=submit value=GO onsubmit="gotosite(document.forms[0].url.options[document.forms[0].url.selectedIndex].value);return false"></NOSCRIPT> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE style="WIDTH: 100%"><TBODY><TR class=tablesm vAlign=top><TD style="WIDTH: 75px">http://assets.espn.go.com/i/nfl/profiles/players/mugs/65x90/10536.jpg</TD><TD>Full Name: Trent Edwards
Born: October 30, 1983 Los Gatos, CA

Height: 6-4
Weight: 231 lbs.
</TD><TD>Age: 24
Pos: QB
Experience: 0 years
College: Stanford
</TD><TD>FANTASY
Percent Owned: (Week +/-):
NFL: 3.3% (-0.9%)

Avg. Draft Position:
NFL: Undrafted
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
RAT 69.9 | YDS 790 | TD 1

<TABLE style="Z-INDEX: 11; POSITION: relative; TEXT-ALIGN: center" cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=tabOn>Profile</TD><TD class=tabOff>Stats (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/stats?playerId=10536)</TD><TD class=tabOff>Splits (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/splits?playerId=10536)</TD><TD class=tabOff>Game Log (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/gamelog?playerId=10536)</TD><TD class=tabOff>News (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/content?playerId=10536)</TD><TD class=tabOff>Scouting (http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/players/scouting?statsId=8346) http://espn.go.com/i/in.gif</TD><TD class=tabOff>Fantasy (http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/players/fantasy?statsId=8346)</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top><TABLE class=tablehead cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3 border=0><TBODY><TR class=stathead align=middle bgColor=#00133f><TD align=left>Stat Overview</TD><TD colSpan=10>Passing</TD></TR><TR class=colhead align=right ?><TD align=left>SPLIT</TD><TD>CMP</TD><TD>ATT</TD><TD>YDS</TD><TD>CMP%</TD><TD>YPA</TD><TD>LNG</TD><TD>TD</TD><TD>INT</TD><TD>SACK</TD><TD>RAT</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow align=right><TD align=left>2007</TD><TD>80</TD><TD>121</TD><TD>790</TD><TD>66.1</TD><TD>6.53</TD><TD>54</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>5</TD><TD>9</TD><TD>69.9</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow align=right><TD align=left>Projected</TD><TD>128</TD><TD>194</TD><TD>1264</TD><TD>66.1</TD><TD>6.53</TD><TD>54</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>8</TD><TD>14</TD><TD>69.9</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow align=right><TD align=left>Career</TD><TD>80</TD><TD>121</TD><TD>790</TD><TD>66.1</TD><TD>6.53</TD><TD>54</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>5</TD><TD>9</TD><TD>69.9</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><!--teamId=2-->

Philagape
11-20-2007, 11:17 AM
IF you dont think not having your starting RB in against the Pats doesnt mater when talking about his performance of a qb you dont know much about football. The pats put extra dbs (As they should have) into coverage as we were not feared for the run with out him (Lynch). It worked perfect. It resulted in coverage sacks and int's as it should have.

There was just one DB covering Josh Reed, and JP threw it right to him.

"Coverage sack" is another way of saying the QB held the ball too long. If there's not a receiver open, scramble and throw it away or check down. If you don't know that, then you know nothing about football. Just like JP.

acehole
11-20-2007, 11:17 AM
You just can't do it. I dare you to critique JP without mentioning anyone else. Do it.

He had a bad game against Miami (As compared to cini) in the end made enough plays to win.

If Trend made one good play at the cowboys we would have won.

He had a horrible game at NE.

Payton Manning he is not.

But HE GIVE US THE BEST CHANCE TO WIN NOW.

acehole
11-20-2007, 11:19 AM

"Coverage sack" is another way of saying the QB held the ball too long. If there's not a receiver open, scramble and throw it away or check down. If you don't know that, then you know nothing about football. Just like JP.

Yes and he had about 1.3 seconds to do all that.
Bright.

Philagape
11-20-2007, 11:19 AM
Yes and he had about 1.3 seconds to do all that.
Bright.

Not as bright as calling 1.3 seconds a coverage sack. :rofl:

Philagape
11-20-2007, 11:20 AM
He had a bad game against Miami (As compared to cini) in the end made enough plays to win.

If Trend made one good play at the cowboys we would have won.

He had a horrible game at NE.

Payton Manning he is not.

But HE GIVE US THE BEST CHANCE TO WIN NOW.

Zero chance is not better.

Mr. Pink
11-20-2007, 11:21 AM
10-20 career record as a starter = better chance to win?

Interesting perspective.

acehole
11-20-2007, 11:25 AM
Educate yourself Phil...it might make for better pionts...

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/billsnfl/story/210879.html

justasportsfan
11-20-2007, 11:26 AM
Zero chance is not better.

If zero chance is what you get with JP what do we have with Trent?

TacklingDummy
11-20-2007, 11:27 AM

You may care about TD passes, I care about wins.

justasportsfan
11-20-2007, 11:29 AM
You may care about TD passes, I care about wins.

So do I. Unfortunately, with Trent at qb the only chance we have to win games is if the D and ST scores.

acehole
11-20-2007, 11:29 AM
10-20 career record as a starter = better chance to win?

Interesting perspective.

Yes not good. We also can put these # on Lee Evans and J Peters...

Do we play thier back ups?

Philagape
11-20-2007, 11:31 AM
If zero chance is what you get with JP what do we have with Trent?

The chance that he could improve with experience.

Philagape
11-20-2007, 11:33 AM
Educate yourself Phil...it might make for better pionts...

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/billsnfl/story/210879.html

Why did you use the phrase coverage sack? Do you even know what that is? How can you be talking about football knowledge when you don't even know that? I thought it was weird to say that, but I went along .... silly me ....

JerseyBoofaloBills
11-20-2007, 11:34 AM
Are you really trying to give JP props for 2 passes he threw up for grabs that could/should been easily intercepted?

HEY TD are you really trying to give TE all those props for points for, WHEN THE DEFENSE AND ST handed him those points? please dude, either way you look at it, both QB's suck..and we'll just have to draft another one after the next season when trent has his chance, and then we'll be complaining next season about trent sucking..jesus.

Mr. Pink
11-20-2007, 11:35 AM
The ultimate stat a QB is always judged on his win-loss record.

It's hard for Lee Evans to catch passes when his QB is running around like a chicken with his head cut off, ducking nothing in the pocket and throwing at his feet.

It's hard for Jason Peters to properly protect JP, when JP has no semblance of what the pocket is. Notice the protection was better with Trent? Because he stayed in the pocket.

Next you'll mention the defense...well when the average TOP per offensive series with JP is likely 4 minutes or less...defenses tend to get tired after being on the field for more than half the game.

Why is that every facet of our team is worse with JP in?

I swear people are so enamored with the fact that once per game JP can hook up on a 50+ yard play. But that's about the only positive JP can give you on the playing field, it's shown week in and week out. JP is a one trick pony.

I say we keep starting him anyway. Dick won't have to make the decision to yank him, JP will make it for him.

justasportsfan
11-20-2007, 11:35 AM
The chance that he could improve with experience. he regressed. FACT!!!

Philagape
11-20-2007, 11:36 AM
he regressed. FACT!!!

Four games is not enough to measure any trend.

TacklingDummy
11-20-2007, 11:38 AM
My point was, he did not come out of the gate throwing like Romo or Brady did in their 1st year, yet people think he's the best thing that's happened to Buffalo in a long time? How does that even make sense?

People are not comparing Trent (like they did with JP) to players like Manning, Favre, Elway, Kelly, Romo, Young, Brady, etc...They are simple saying he is the better option for the for the Bills. Now and for the future.

Just because some of us rather see TE over JP doesn't mean we are saying he is going to be this next great QB. TE might turn out to be another Losman, Johnson, Harrington, Smith etc..We are simply saying by playing TE right now gives the Bills the best chance to win now and to hopefully to win later.

It didn't take Young, Kelly, Manning, Montana, Favre, Brady, 4 years to get it. JP should have it by now. There is no one to blame for whats going on other than JP Losman.

justasportsfan
11-20-2007, 11:39 AM
The ultimate stat a QB is always judged on his win-loss record...for those who don't know better.

It's hard for Lee Evans to catch passes when his QB is running around like a chicken with his head cut off, ducking nothing in the pocket and throwing at his feet...it's also hard to score when you don't take chances. Ask Rob Johnson.

Notice the protection was better with Trent? Because he stayed in the pocket..
not against the crappy jets D. Trent against the jets looked the way JP did against the PAts. Dare to compare D's? Wait, Trent is a rookie.

JP is a one trick pony.
.As is Trent. Dink and dunk .

TacklingDummy
11-20-2007, 11:41 AM
Are you really trying to give JP props for 2 passes he threw up for grabs that could/should been easily intercepted?

HEY TD are you really trying to give TE all those props for points for, WHEN THE DEFENSE AND ST handed him those points? please dude, either way you look at it, both QB's suck..and we'll just have to draft another one after the next season when trent has his chance, and then we'll be complaining next season about trent sucking..jesus.

Where have I gave TE props for anything? He's played well at times and he's thrown 2 terrible interceptions.

justasportsfan
11-20-2007, 11:41 AM
Four games is not enough to measure any trend.

it is if you're trying to win now. But if youre talking about the future then you are right.

JerseyBoofaloBills
11-20-2007, 11:45 AM
Where have I gave TE props for anything? He's played well at times and he's thrown 2 terrible interceptions.

ohh, my bad..i thought you were the one who started this thread...oh god dammit, sorry bro that's my bad..

But either way i agree, TE does play well, but does make poor decisions as he should he's a rookie..4 games isnt enough time to start judging a QB, but idk i just think our future is not on the roster yet, i can only hope for TE to progress and get better.

TacklingDummy
11-20-2007, 11:46 AM
it's also hard to score when you don't take chances. Ask Rob Johnson.

The same Rob Johnson who has 30 career TD passes?
Rojo also has 4 TD rushing compared to the rumbling, stumbling idiots 1.

Mr. Pink
11-20-2007, 11:49 AM
for those who don't know better.

it's also hard to score when you don't take chances. Ask Rob Johnson.

not against the crappy jets D. Trent against the jets looked the way JP did against the PAts. Dare to compare D's? Wait, Trent is a rookie.

As is Trent. Dink and dunk .

W-L has always been the ultimate stat of a QB, throughout NFL history.

About taking chances, should we just throw the ball up every play and hope and pray? That's the only way we score with JP behind center.

Trent laid an egg, you're right. JP's laid about 25 eggs in his career.

Dink and dunk means we're not getting blown out 56-10 in any game. Dink and dunk means we control clock. Dink and dunk with our team puts us in a better chance to succeed. Joe Montana was a dink and dunk QB did anyone diss him? Any WC QB is a dink and dunk passer, that's what the WC offense is based on. Short game/clock controlling passing that works much like a running game.

TacklingDummy
11-20-2007, 11:52 AM
Rob: 494 of 806, 61.3%, 5795 Yards, 30 TDs, 23 Int., 7.2 YPA

JP: 468 of 797, 58.7 %, 5416 yards, 30 TDs, 27 Ints, 6.8 YPA

Comparing JP to Rob is starting to become an insult to Robosack.

justasportsfan
11-20-2007, 12:15 PM
.not in this case. We know that bills haven't been winning because of Trent whichis why I said, to those who don't know better.

About taking chances, should we just throw the ball up every play and hope and pray? That's the only way we score with JP behind center..that's what got us to the playoffs with Flutie who BTW had a better record than RJ because he tooks chances instead of sitting on the ball and taking sacks or dumping off to Larry Centers.

Trent laid an egg, you're right. JP's laid about 25 eggs in his career..
no doubt . Those 25 eggs still give us the ebst chance to win now. Trent will have his chance once we're out of th race.

Dink and dunk means we're not getting blown out 56-10 in any game. ..you can't tell me that the D had nothing to do with that. If Trent was in there we were either 56-0 or 56-3 . You tkae your pick.

Dink and dunk means we control clock. Dink and dunk with our team puts us in a better chance to succeed. ..wasn't the case with Holcomb whose a better dink and dunk qb than Trent yet we sent him packing.

Joe Montana was a dink and dunk QB did anyone diss him?..He's my favorite qb ever. Trent is not MOntana. MOntana dink his way to points. Not clock control.

Any WC QB is a dink and dunk passer, that's what the WC offense is based on. Short game/clock controlling passing that works much like a running game..I know I hate WC. It hasn't won anything in recent years.

acehole
11-20-2007, 12:17 PM
Well 2 piont on that Troy Einkman had a terrible first two years and he turned out ok. If win and losses are all that mater then Trend is NOT your guy. He was terrible in that dept in school....and remember what are resident genius said. When looking at a QB we cant look at anything but the QB...so I dont want to hear he had no help in school..or a certain posters lobotmy might blow a stitch. Let this play out..it will be fine. I just hope Ralph spends some $$ next year.

About taking chances, should we just throw the ball up every play and hope and pray? That's the only way we score with JP behind center.

Trent laid an egg, you're right. JP's laid about 25 eggs in his career.

Dink and dunk means we're not getting blown out 56-10 in any game. Dink and dunk means we control clock. Dink and dunk with our team puts us in a better chance to succeed. Joe Montana was a dink and dunk QB did anyone diss him? Any WC QB is a dink and dunk passer, that's what the WC offense is based on. Short game/clock controlling passing that works much like a running game.

justasportsfan
11-20-2007, 12:19 PM

typical misleading stats. JP never had Robs D. JP never had LArry Centers.

Robs completion percentage is also the best in franchise history. Maybe he was better than Kelly and Flutie combined since stats are very telling.

mybills
11-20-2007, 12:36 PM
They are simple saying he is the better option for the for the Bills. Now and for the future.
AND THEY CAN'T POSSIBLY KNOW THAT, BECAUSE IT HASN'T EVEN BEEN 1 YEAR YET, LET ALONE 4 YEARS.
Get it now? :dizzy:

YardRat
11-20-2007, 12:37 PM

None of your posts have anything to do with the initial premise of the thread.

Simple question..let's see if you can answer it without quoting JP's or TE's individual QB stats...

Does the team play better when one or the other is the quarterback?

Mr. Pink
11-20-2007, 12:49 PM
AND THEY CAN'T POSSIBLY KNOW THAT, BECAUSE IT HASN'T EVEN BEEN 1 YEAR YET, LET ALONE 4 YEARS.
Get it now? :dizzy:

But we can know that JP is a bust. He's had 30 starts to show he's garbage and has played in 36 total games in his career. He's had over 2 years of onfield experience and almost 2 years of observing experience.

What we see with JP is what we get...he's peaked somewhere. Now is that peak week 12 of last year? Or is his peak week 11 of this year? Who knows. Captain Inconsistency makes his good 4 game stretch last year look like a mirage. He is what he is, a deer in the headlights who loses double the amount of games he wins.

Do you get it now?

mybills
11-20-2007, 12:58 PM
But we can know that JP is a bust. He's had 30 starts to show he's garbage and has played in 36 total games in his career. He's had over 2 years of onfield experience and almost 2 years of observing experience.

What we see with JP is what we get...he's peaked somewhere. Now is that peak week 12 of last year? Or is his peak week 11 of this year? Who knows. Captain Inconsistency makes his good 4 game stretch last year look like a mirage. He is what he is, a deer in the headlights who loses double the amount of games he wins.

Do you get it now?
:dizzy:
Do you only read what you want?

This is JP's last year...there's no way he'll win the starting position next year, because he's had the time to excel in spite of multiple coaching changes, etc. and he hasn't.

I wish people could just relax about this whole thing. There's nothing WE can do about it.

RockStar36
11-20-2007, 12:58 PM

Was JP covering Randy Moss?

Sometimes I wonder what goes on in that 3 ring circus brain sometimes.

acehole
11-20-2007, 02:01 PM
None of your posts have anything to do with the initial premise of the thread.

Simple question..let's see if you can answer it without quoting JP's or TE's individual QB stats...

Does the team play better when one or the other is the quarterback?

Again when assessing the qb Phil said we are not alloud to talk about the team.

If you ask lee Evans and D Witner this question they will give you the same answer I will.

YardRat
11-20-2007, 02:08 PM
Again when assessing the qb Phil said we are not alloud to talk about the team.

If you ask lee Evans and D Witner this question they will give you the same answer I will.

This thread isn't about assessing the QB...It's about how the team plays comparatively when one or the other is on the field.

I'm not asking Lee Evans or Donte Whitner...I'm asking you.

acehole
11-20-2007, 02:15 PM
This thread isn't about assessing the QB...It's about how the team plays comparatively when one or the other is on the field.

I'm not asking Lee Evans or Donte Whitner...I'm asking you.

Lee evans produces more with JP so my answer is JP.

We score more touchdowns with JP.

After all the offenses job is to score right?

or are those lies?

M Lynch can run better under jp because the safties
have to repect the long ball.

I dont really think that the d give a hoot about who is under
center for the bills so much as who is under center for the
opposing team.

Next thread please..this one is over.

PcA125
11-20-2007, 02:19 PM
WHy does everyone say that Trent cant throw the long ball so that means the D can stack the box. He had several long throws this year that looked fine. One would have been a TD if evans didnt bobble it. That argument is just seeing what you want to see.

YardRat
11-20-2007, 02:41 PM
Lee evans produces more with JP so my answer is JP.

Granted. What about Reed, Parrish, the TE's, etc. Do they produce more also?

We score more touchdowns with JP.

Check the scoring stats I listed in my first post again.

After all the offenses job is to score right?

or are those lies?

Again, the premise of the first post is about the whole team...not just one player, not just one unit.

M Lynch can run better under jp because the safties
have to repect the long ball.

Really? Does he get more or less yards under either? More or less carries? A better YPC?

I dont really think that the d give a hoot about who is under
center for the bills so much as who is under center for the
opposing team.

It isn't about what the defense cares, it's about if they perform better or not. They give up less points when one is the QB, more when the other is. Isn't that indicative of performance?

justasportsfan
11-20-2007, 02:48 PM
Granted. What about Reed, Parrish, the TE's, etc. Do they produce more also?

Check the scoring stats I listed in my first post again.

Again, the premise of the first post is about the whole team...not just one player, not just one unit.

Really? Does he get more or less yards under either? More or less carries? A better YPC?

It isn't about what the defense cares, it's about if they perform better or not. They give up less points when one is the QB, more when the other is. Isn't that indicative of performance?

Dick went with JP so the team is plays better with JP.

Philagape
11-20-2007, 02:49 PM
The thing about Lynch is, he's good at breaking tackles so he'll get his yards no matter what the defense is. On the big TD run against Cincy, two defenders had him in the backfield. So his stats won't reflect the type of defense he faced.

Philagape
11-20-2007, 02:50 PM
Dick went with JP so the team is plays better with JP.

Dick is the guy who gave us Fairchild, so why do you trust him?

justasportsfan
11-20-2007, 02:51 PM
Dick is the guy who gave us Fairchild, so why do you trust him?
not saying I trust him completely with our future but I trust him over anyone including you.

Philagape
11-20-2007, 02:52 PM
not saying I trust him completely with our future but I trust him over anyone including you.

I wonder how many Bears fans said that ....

justasportsfan
11-20-2007, 02:52 PM
I wonder how many Bears fans said that ....

he made the bed so to speak so he knows better than anyone including you.

Philagape
11-20-2007, 03:24 PM
Like I've said before, who's right and who's wrong is known only in hindsight.

Typ0
11-20-2007, 07:23 PM
Like I've said before, who's right and who's wrong is known only in hindsight.

and totally dependant on one guys decision.

Oaf
11-20-2007, 08:21 PM
If you want to do a scoring comparison, at least only include OFFENSIVE points. Or did Trent Edwards instill a fire within the eyes of McGee, Wilson, and Kelsay to go out and get those TDs for him?

Crisis
11-21-2007, 03:01 AM

ROFL

really puts things into perspective

YardRat
11-21-2007, 06:04 AM
If you want to do a scoring comparison, at least only include OFFENSIVE points. Or did Trent Edwards instill a fire within the eyes of McGee, Wilson, and Kelsay to go out and get those TDs for him?

The initial premise of thread was whether or not the team played better with one QB or the other, not just the offensive unit.

mybills
11-21-2007, 06:04 AM
Was Robo injured and sitting on the bench for his first year too?

YardRat
11-21-2007, 06:20 AM
Was Robo injured and sitting on the bench for his first year too?

He may not have been injured, but his ass was on the bench, for two years actually.

Johnson played in one game as a rookie, JP played in four. Johnson didn't see the field at all his second year, while JP was handed the starter's job. JP's played 36 games for Buffalo, Johnson played 30 for the Bills and a total of 38 before joining Tampa.

mybills
11-21-2007, 06:23 AM
oh. a simple yes or no was ok. I couldn't remember. thanks

YardRat
11-21-2007, 06:26 AM
oh. a simple yes or no was ok. I couldn't remember. thanks

Life isn't always simply 'yes' or 'no'. :D