• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kerr
    Hall of Fame Zoner
    • Feb 2005

PFW: Youboty wearing out his welcome in Buffalo?{merged}

From PFW:

The placement of Bills CB Kiwaukee Thomas (groin) on injured reserve means chronically underachieving Ashton Youboty will get the nod as the fifth D-back in the nickel. Unlike the grittiness that epitomizes the majority of the Bills’ defense, Youboty’s lack of toughness and unwillingness to play through pain has the second-year pro quickly wearing out his welcome in Buffalo. Considering that the Bills harbored hopes of Youboty emerging as their top cornerback entering the season, his heartless performance has rendered him a big disappointment.

It seems like Marv struck out on this one so far.
  • Mitchy moo
    Roways rooking ahread!
    • Sep 2005

Re: Youbouty headed to bust town?

Originally posted by Kerr
    From PFW:

The placement of Bills CB Kiwaukee Thomas (groin) on injured reserve means chronically underachieving Ashton Youboty will get the nod as the fifth D-back in the nickel. Unlike the grittiness that epitomizes the majority of the Bills’ defense, Youboty’s lack of toughness and unwillingness to play through pain has the second-year pro quickly wearing out his welcome in Buffalo. Considering that the Bills harbored hopes of Youboty emerging as their top cornerback entering the season, his heartless performance has rendered him a big disappointment.

He gets a pick 6 or two & he'll be heralded as the starter.

Comment

• OpIv37
      Acid Douching Asswipe
      • Sep 2002

the worst part is that he actually looked decent on the field.

And we were worried about McCargo having injury problems- looks like Youboty's the real issue.
      MiKiDo Facebook
      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Illmatic15
        • Mar 2007

Hell no! to early to decide.

Ashton Youbotys #1 fan! reppin Liberia
        GET WELL SOON KEVIN EVERETT!

Comment

• Ebenezer
          Give me a minute...
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Kerr
          From PFW:

and your grade on the rest of his two drafts??

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Oaf
            Do you read what you write?
            • Jun 2007

Originally posted by OpIv37
            the worst part is that he actually looked decent on the field.

And we were worried about McCargo having injury problems- looks like Youboty's the real issue.
            He looked average at best IMO. I'm just glad Greer finally got his shot rather than being stuck behind Youboty by default because he was a highly touted 3rd round, "but almost 1st round" pick.

I want to see that guy Ikegwonu from Wisconsin in the 3rd round next year to take over the #3 spot.

Comment

• BillsFever21
              • Aug 2004

Youbouty has been horrible. I remember the excuses for him going into this offseason after only being on the active roster a handful of times in his rookie season. The "he should've been a first round pick" and crap like that just because some internet sites had him going that high. He is a horrible player and just like last year when basically taking off the entire season to recover shows he is not mentally tough.

Comment

• Night Train
                Retired - On Several Levels
                • Jul 2005

Might be right on Youboty but I read the same stuff on McCargo not too long ago.

I'm never impressed with the "he sucks" crowd.
                Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• mybills
                  81 st zoner
                  • Jul 2002

Obviously I was right when I said he hadn't impressed me yet. I couldn't understand the love he was getting from some zoners.
                  I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• Kerr
                    Hall of Fame Zoner
                    • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Ebenezer
                    and your grade on the rest of his two drafts??
                    I don't care about a grade. I'm just posting what I found and as it seems, at this moment, marv made a bad pick. Hopefully that changes.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                      • Mar 2005

Maybe I missing something. Did Yobouty play against the Pats?

When I do see him out there he has looked good.

Comment

• bigbub2352
                        • Feb 2005

way to early to decide, who wrote this article, he played well and came up against the run with willingness to make a tackle, i totally disagree, he has just run into injuries, he is only like 22, so a little early to give up on him
                        XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• OpIv37
                          Acid Douching Asswipe
                          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by bigbub2352
                          way to early to decide, who wrote this article, he played well and came up against the run with willingness to make a tackle, i totally disagree, he has just run into injuries, he is only like 22, so a little early to give up on him
                          I agree that he has looked good when he played, but through two seasons, the guy can barely stay on the field due to injuries. It doesn't matter how well he plays if he's on the sideline in street clothes.
                          MiKiDo Facebook
                          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• dannyek71
                            Drink Responsibly
                            • Dec 2004

he suited up, but they had butler in the game
                            [

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                              Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                              • May 2003

There are people in the media, as well as this board, who give up on every player who is not an immediate star. McCargo sucks, this guy sucks, that guy sucks, etc.

Some players take a little longer to mature, sometimes due to injury, sometimes due to coming out of school early, and sometimes just due to being young and needing time to grow physically and mentally.

Youboty may end up a failure, or he may develop into a good player. It's simply too early to tell.
                              Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

Working...
                              X