PDA

View Full Version : Did anyone see sportscenter tonight at 6

billsburgh
11-20-2007, 06:10 PM
I missed it but earlier I heard a radio commercial for the 6:00 sportscenter and one of the stories previewed said something to the effect of 'why are some patriots saying the Bills shouldnt show up to collect their paychecks this week'. Just wondering exactly what was said.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
11-20-2007, 06:20 PM
screwthe****ingpatriotstheyare*****s

Devin
11-20-2007, 06:26 PM
id agree with them course i think most our roster shouldnt get paid.

Night Train
11-20-2007, 06:40 PM
It was a humorous comment and little else.

Don't get your skirts in a knot.

Mitchy moo
11-20-2007, 07:55 PM
id agree with them course i think most our roster shouldnt get paid.

lose by more than 40, you shouldn't get anything.

mybills
11-20-2007, 07:59 PM
I can see Pats FANS saying that, not supposed PROFESSIONALS. :coocoo:

Mike13
11-20-2007, 08:35 PM
What exactly did they say?

Billzz
11-20-2007, 08:40 PM
Off hand comment that has pretty much already been covered that basically because of the performance on the field the bills shouldn't pick up a pay check this week, kinda true imo.

RockStar36
11-20-2007, 08:45 PM
Can any of us really disagree? If I went to work and performed like that I probably wouldn't get a paycheck either.

Dr. Lecter
11-20-2007, 08:50 PM
For some reason, I really can't get too PO'd at the Pats talking smack.

jpdex12
11-20-2007, 09:47 PM
Maybe that comment will be good motivation for our undermanned team against the Jags.

raphael120
11-20-2007, 09:58 PM
Well I think our defense shouldnt get paid, at least. You send 8 guys into coverage and RANDY MOSS IS CONSISTANTLY WIDE OPEN!?!?!?

WTF!?!!

Ickybaluky
11-20-2007, 10:27 PM
They are taking a Randall Gay comment out of context. He didn't even mention the Bills. This is the basis of the story (http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/2007/11/gay_on_criticis.html), from "GameNight" on ESPN Radio:

You hear people saying 'the Patriots are running up the score, they don't have any sportsmanship, they're the team everybody loves to hate because they don't have any mercy.' When you hear that kind of talk from people, what is your reaction and what would you like to say to those people?

"Basically, you have to ignore those people because this is a job. We're out there, and what are we supposed to do? Like we scored on defense, when Ellis [Hobbs] caught the fumble, should he have taken a knee because we were up by so much? We're out there to do our job, just like they're out there to do their job. It kind of makes me mad when you hear somebody from the other team's defense going 'they shouldn't have done that; that's disrespect.' Do we think it's disrespect when they went and picked up their checks for letting a team score 50 points on them? That should be disrespect, that you went to your owner and said 'All right, pay me for that game I just played.' You can't look at it like that. You have to go out there and do your best. If somebody is blowing you out, you have to play harder. You have to stop them."

Tatonka
11-20-2007, 11:48 PM
truth hurts

RedEyE
11-21-2007, 01:59 AM
I heard that the Bills cheerleaders scored more then Buffalo did Monday night.

DynaPaul
11-21-2007, 05:48 AM
They are taking a Randall Gay comment out of context. He didn't even mention the Bills.

He didn't mention the Bills but it was painfully obvious who he was talking about. That's like me saying "that one President who got impeached for a blowjob really sucked". Yeah, I never specifically said Bill Clinton but you know it was him.

What Gay should have said was "Yeah, Coach is still mad he got caught cheating so now he's blowing everyone out because he's a miserable bastard who no one likes anyway in the coaching circles".

Jeff1220
11-21-2007, 06:25 AM
It sounded almost like Gay thinks the media's comments came from the Bills. The media is making a big deal about the score - not the Pats' opponents. The score doesn't even bother me in this game; what he said about the fumble is true.

What is poor gamesmanship is going for it on 4th down in opposing territory when you have a lead of over 30 points.

YardRat
11-21-2007, 06:39 AM
'Out of context' = Bull****.

Nobody expected Hobbs to not head for the end zone, and nobody expected the offense to start taking a knee in the third quarter...But going for it on fourth down, twice, in the later stages of such a lopsided game is one of the worst examples of sportsmanship I've ever seen.

You're professionals...start acting like it.

Dude
11-21-2007, 07:02 AM
I can see Pats FANS saying that, not supposed PROFESSIONALS. :coocoo:Professional entertainers, not journalists. Big difference.

mybills
11-21-2007, 07:21 AM
Dude, I meant players. And according to what NE39 posted, I was right.

Patti120
11-21-2007, 07:28 AM
Can't argue with what Randall Gay said. It's our job to stop them. It was very frustrating to watch though!

Dude
11-21-2007, 08:07 AM
Dude, I meant players. And according to what NE39 posted, I was right.Gotcha. :up:

ESPN does suck, though.

raphael120
11-21-2007, 10:23 AM
'Out of context' = Bull****.

Nobody expected Hobbs to not head for the end zone, and nobody expected the offense to start taking a knee in the third quarter...But going for it on fourth down, twice, in the later stages of such a lopsided game is one of the worst examples of sportsmanship I've ever seen.

You're professionals...start acting like it.

The Bills are also "professionals". Stop them on 4th down.

VegasFan
11-21-2007, 11:51 AM
Has everyone forgotten the "greatest comeback".
You score as much as you can, and then you win the game.

Krisinu
11-21-2007, 12:40 PM
I think "gamesmanship" is for peewee, high school, maybe even college (although in college teams are rewarded for destroying an opponent in the bcs... hmmm... so we teach these players to run up the score in college but then there's an "unwritten" rule not to do it in the NFl... interesting though) but anyways... these guys are getting PAID to play their best for 60 minutes. I don't want to see any team half ass them selves. If they think they can go for it on 4th and 1 then do it. It's a more riskier move than kicking a field goal. 4th and 1 does not always equal a score while a field goal most likely does. In college, when teams are up by a lot, they sometimes try out "practice plays" against real competition which is better than doing it in practice. Practicing a 4th and 1 when the outcome of the play probably won't affect the outcome of the game can be useful for down the road for any team. And like others have said.. if the opposing team doesn't like it then they should stop them from scoring.

I sometimes wish professional sports teams and fans were more like those of college teams. Coaches, players, and fans don't complain when they've been wiped out (ex. being beaten by 70+ by a Duke or Uconn in bball). They take the onslaught giving their all and take the game as experience. Now that is good gamesmanship.