PDA

View Full Version : Poll: Who's for an end to the JP Era?

jpdex12
11-20-2007, 10:02 PM
Yes

No

raphael120
11-20-2007, 10:07 PM
HE IS WHO WE THOUGHT HE WAS!

shelby
11-21-2007, 04:41 AM
i'm over JP. But i doubt he'll be benched unless he has a horrendous game against Jax.

Historian
11-21-2007, 04:49 AM
Send him to Iraq...

Night Train
11-21-2007, 04:57 AM
I wish the Ralph Wilson era was over.

SquishDaFish
11-21-2007, 05:07 AM
I also wish the Wilson era was over. But neither QB we have is going to mount to anything. So Ill be over the JP era once we are out of playoffs and Ill be over both in the offseason when we get ourselves a new QB

STAMPY
11-21-2007, 05:40 AM
I also wish the Wilson era was over. But neither QB we have is going to mount to anything. So Ill be over the JP era once we are out of playoffs and Ill be over both in the offseason when we get ourselves a new QB

how could you give up on edwards before he even shows you what he has. He played like 3 games as a rookie? WTF

Losman got 4 years.

And Edwards has an arm. NOt a favre arm, but his arm is stronger than Drew Brees

mybills
11-21-2007, 05:55 AM
It's almost over. He's most likely gonna finish out the year, so get over it.

YardRat
11-21-2007, 06:06 AM
I'm ready for it to be over, but as long as Jauron has him in there I'll root for him on gamedays.

mybills
11-21-2007, 06:24 AM
That's all any of us can do.

STAMPY
11-21-2007, 08:12 AM
yup

SquishDaFish
11-21-2007, 08:27 AM
Some players you have a feel for. And I feel Edwards isnt going to be anything special.

Meathead
11-21-2007, 09:00 AM
not quite yet

but i have a hind tit lactating like mad

mybills
11-21-2007, 09:03 AM
:rofl:

TacklingDummy
11-21-2007, 09:07 AM
Some players you have a feel for. And I feel Edwards isnt going to be anything special.

Just like I had the feeling JP was going to be a bust since the day they drafted?

trapezeus
11-21-2007, 09:20 AM
am i the only one confused by the wording in this poll? It asks "who's for the end of the JP Era?" and then the answer is "yes, he still has something to prove." So in other words, yes, i am in favor of his era coming to an end, but he still has something to prove. And vice versa is as confusing.

I feel like JP with my first receiver well covered. i don't know what to do. i answered "no" because the rest of the sentence is true. He isn't going to be the man to lead buffalo. And that was apparent by week 2 of this season.

Mitchy moo
11-21-2007, 09:28 AM
Just like I had the feeling JP was going to be a bust since the day they drafted?

If Donahoe touched it, it's tainted in some way or fashion.

OpIv37
11-21-2007, 09:32 AM

I'm with you on this- right now, I think JP gives us a slightly better chance to win than Edwards but neither is the long term answer.

I'm all for the JP era ending after this season.

Sucks, too, because I was really rooting for the guy. But he's proven time and time again that he doesn't have the consistency to be an NFL starter.

Bruce is Loose
11-21-2007, 10:07 AM
Poll: Who's for an end to the JP Era?
Yes, he still has something to prove
No, he sucks hind tit and won't get any better

If I say yes then I am for the end of his era even though I think he has something to prove
If I say no then I want the era to continue even though he sucks and will never improve.

Poorly worded

bigbub2352
11-21-2007, 10:07 AM
Sorry anyone who thinks JP is the answer is very wrong, i was at the Mami game and seen how many people he actually misses, Lynch should have had 20 catches, there was a ply were roscoe had his guy beat by 5 steps and JP missed it, there were a few plays ROyal was open and he missed him, he is pumpin the ball and movin his feet in the pocket and those are real bad signs for a 4th year QB, trust me i was his biggest supporter until he reverted back to rookie JP, we should let Trent get the exp, and trade JP to the Bears in the offseason

TacklingDummy
11-21-2007, 10:08 AM
am i the only one confused by the wording in this poll? It asks "who's for the end of the JP Era?" and then the answer is "yes, he still has something to prove." So in other words, yes, i am in favor of his era coming to an end, but he still has something to prove. And vice versa is as confusing.

I agree. That's why I didn't vote.

djjimkelly
11-21-2007, 10:12 AM

this team has been a bust since 2000.

JD
11-21-2007, 10:20 AM
GET DA **** OUT JP

Meathead
11-21-2007, 11:15 AM
this is why you should leave polling to the professionals

you could lose an eye

Yasgur's Farm
11-21-2007, 11:19 AM

If I say yes then I am for the end of his era even though I think he has something to prove
If I say no then I want the era to continue even though he sucks and will never improve.

Poorly wordedIntentinally poorly worded IMO.

PECKERWOOD
11-21-2007, 11:23 AM
I don't think that he is exactly our future but who knows? I would rather we wait till next year to play Trent Edwards. I still firmly believe in playing Marty Ball by letting Edwards learn the system while we get a much better cast around him to support him during his growing process.

jpdex12
11-21-2007, 10:19 PM
It's almost over. He's most likely gonna finish out the year, so get over it.

Is that all you know how to say, "get over it"?

jpdex12
11-21-2007, 10:24 PM

Poorly worded
Aw for god sakes, do you friggin think we should keep JP in or dump his ass? Do you understand that?

Glad we have a couple of Harvard scholars on board here.

jpdex12
11-21-2007, 10:26 PM
Next time I post a poll I'll request the Zogby professionals to proof read it!

mybills
11-23-2007, 05:28 PM
Is that all you know how to say, "get over it"?
Yes. Get over it.

camelcowboy
11-23-2007, 06:22 PM
Some players you have a feel for. And I feel Edwards isnt going to be anything special. Judging your feelings on JP, ill take the chance you may be wrong.

Spiderweb
11-24-2007, 03:31 AM
I wish the Ralph Wilson era was over.

........and the Buffalo Bills, as we know them (meaning "Buffalo") will come to an end as well.

HHURRICANE
11-24-2007, 09:21 AM

Wow. You've been hugging onto JP for 4 years but after three games as a rookie you know Edwards isn't anything special. Hmmm.

I'm going to give Trent a fair shot considering Bill Walsh saw something that you didn't.

I'm not betting that Trent is the answer but he sure looks better than JP already.

Philagape
11-24-2007, 09:45 AM
There's always been a tendency for message-board posters to berate one QB simply because they like the other QB and not because of any relevant substantial reasons. I've noticed that some of the pro-JP people were those who were passionately anti-Bledsoe when he was here, and that developed a loyalty that influences their view on the current situation. That's the only explanation I can think of considering JP's predicament is similar to Bledsoe's in 2004.
No rookie QB can ever be written off after four games. Ever. That's backed up by the fact that most good QBs struggled in their first games, and by the common-sense notion that rookie mistakes can be chalked up to inexperience. That's why they're called rookie mistakes. Now I'm not addressing the debate over whether Trent should start now; I'm just answering the idea that he's already a bust, which I'm seeing from more than just the extremists. There's no reason why Trent shouldn't get the three years that Bledsoe got and JP got.

justasportsfan
11-24-2007, 10:39 AM
There's always been a tendency for message-board posters to berate one QB simply because they like the other QB and not because of any relevant substantial reasons. I've noticed that some of the pro-JP people .PUHLease, that goes both ways. Double standard on both sides. This post alone proves it by picking out only one side.

patmoran2006
11-24-2007, 10:46 AM
Sign me up.

This is Marv's team, may as well have his guy behind center. Time to move forward. JP is a good guy and tried hard, he could just never get it done with any consistency. The only thing that became consistent with Losman as the helm was losing to good teams.

It's not entirely his fault, but he has to take a lot of the blame. Like I said, this team is going in a certain direction, and I think the change is coming very soon, maybe as early as next week.

losman420
11-24-2007, 08:57 PM
Some players you have a feel for. And I feel Edwards isnt going to be anything special.I had a feel for losman , and obviously i was dead wrong.I guess i will be for the end of the jp era if we lose tomorrow and we are likely out of the playoffs, then we can turn it over to trent and get him some exp. even if TE isn't the future were gonna need a QB next year so might as well give him some starts now.

im4bflo
11-24-2007, 09:27 PM
Like Coach says "I like them both"
They're on my teams roster, and that's what we've got.
Hating them won't help a bit, they've both played because of injury to the other.
And neither one has ' lit it up' so to speak, except Losman has for a couple plays,
which a couple plays better than our rookie 2nd stringer.
And that's pretty much why we're where we're at!
Quit hate'n please!!!! Root for the BILLS!
Changing things now will not do us any good, we need stability.
I'm definitely not FOR an end to any BILLS career, I want them to
KICK SOME ASS! GO BILLS!

DraftBoy
11-24-2007, 09:45 PM
I thought JP Era already changed his name to Edwards Era?

jamze132
11-25-2007, 03:29 AM
Aw for god sakes, do you friggin think we should keep JP in or dump his ass? Do you understand that?

Glad we have a couple of Harvard scholars on board here.
So you want to get mad because someone embarrassed you on your ******ed poll? It doesn't make any sense, read it. You don't have to attend Harvard to understand that.

If I vote "yes" what exactly am I voting for? An end to an era? Or that I still support him? WTF is that? It sounds like a 10 year old started this thread.