PDA

View Full Version : If we finish 7-9 or 8-8 the draft will...

jpdex12
11-20-2007, 10:22 PM
Not be very exciting if we are picking 8-15. It will be an odd draft this year. A few TOP name players at different positions and then it flatens out big time.

Devin
11-20-2007, 11:22 PM
at 8-9 we may have a shot at Sedrick Ellis :D

RedEyE
11-21-2007, 02:09 AM
I know I'll be negged to hell for this, but I'd much rather see this team tank the rest of the season and grab a top 10 QB then work towards another mediocre 8-8 season.

Neither Edwards or Losman will be successful in getting the Bills to the playoffs.

Night Train
11-21-2007, 02:17 AM
The Draft is never dull and the day we replenish the roster with talent. I always look forward to it.

Night Train
11-21-2007, 02:20 AM
I know I'll be negged to hell for this, but I'd much rather see this team tank the rest of the season and grab a top 10 QB then work towards another mediocre 8-8 season.

Neither Edwards or Losman will be successful in getting the Bills to the playoffs.

It's a legit concern.

My thinking is that Edwards will get his shot and a Vet will be signed, if Losman is moved during the off-season. Then the Bills will Draft another QB in 2009.

TheGhostofJimKelly
11-21-2007, 01:07 PM

To say Trent Edwards will be successful or not getting the Bills to the playoffs is idiotic. He is a rookie, you can't judge a kid in his rookie season whether he will be successful in two or more years.

justasportsfan
11-21-2007, 01:10 PM

a top qb in the draft isn't gonna do anything here without a new OC.

Mahdi
11-21-2007, 01:17 PM
To say Trent Edwards will be successful or not getting the Bills to the playoffs is idiotic. He is a rookie, you can't judge a kid in his rookie season whether he will be successful in two or more years.
What worries me about Edwards is that he hasnt show me much in the way of tough throws. Rookie or not your talent as a Qb shows from day 1. Trent has the smarts and presence but when it comes down to making those tough throws im not sure he has it. If JP tanks the year then we need to be looking at this draft for a QB. It is loaded this year with so many good players.

Woodson, Brohm, Booty, Brennan, Dixon, Ryan, Henne and Ainge. We can take one in the first or second.

TheGhostofJimKelly
11-21-2007, 02:04 PM
What worries me about Edwards is that he hasnt show me much in the way of tough throws. Rookie or not your talent as a Qb shows from day 1. Trent has the smarts and presence but when it comes down to making those tough throws im not sure he has it. If JP tanks the year then we need to be looking at this draft for a QB. It is loaded this year with so many good players.

Woodson, Brohm, Booty, Brennan, Dixon, Ryan, Henne and Ainge. We can take one in the first or second.

Why would that worry you, again, he is a rookie. You are going to go draft one of those QBs and hope he works out? Again, we are talking about a rookie QB. One thing can be judged by this season, does this kid have potential, that is it. Nothing else.

trapezeus
11-21-2007, 02:57 PM
it's funny that Edwards has a faster and quicker release than JP. and now after weeks of people knocking his arm strength, people don't think edwards can make the tough throws.

i believe he has an above average arm, but not top ten. So he has an arm that rates him between 16-11 of the starting QBs in the league. Is being in the top 11-16 good enough? It better be since all the JP fanboys keep reminding us how he was the 11th rated passer.

jpdex12
11-21-2007, 10:16 PM

Come on people smarten up! How can you judge a rookie when you are critisizing an OC like Fairchild and a veteran like JP who are struggling?

Lay off the dumb pills!

acehole
11-22-2007, 08:15 AM
It's a legit concern.

My thinking is that Edwards will get his shot and a Vet will be signed, if Losman is moved during the off-season. Then the Bills will Draft another QB in 2009.

yep..and let the 12 year rebuilding cont....

acehole
11-22-2007, 08:17 AM
it's funny that Edwards has a faster and quicker release than JP. and now after weeks of people knocking his arm strength, people don't think edwards can make the tough throws.

i believe he has an above average arm, but not top ten. So he has an arm that rates him between 16-11 of the starting QBs in the league. Is being in the top 11-16 good enough? It better be since all the JP fanboys keep reminding us how he was the 11th rated passer.

Well according to your post he will be no better or worse then JP.

trapezeus
11-22-2007, 11:02 AM
perhaps stat wise he'll be the same in his first year. but probably not 4 years later. he'll be significantly further ahead. and that's not being pro-edwards. its just most people make progress in 4 years if they are trying to learn to do something better.

Night Train
11-22-2007, 11:32 AM
yep..and let the 12 year rebuilding cont....

Boohoohoo. :wail: