PDA

View Full Version : Losman Vs. Alex Smith

Devin
11-20-2007, 11:16 PM
Wow least we didnt waste the #1 overall.

By all accounts a team supposedly on the rise. Thier OL is at the very least comparible to ours, Gore was a pro-bowl RB. An average WR corps, Vernon Davis when healthy is a solid option at TE. Certainly more talent on thier defense.

32nd in the league in pass yards, total yards and scoring.

Smith is clearly the problem and ill go on record stating either of our QB's would do a better job there. To make matter worse they traded thier 1st rounder to the Pats. I believe they own the Colts 1st rounder this year but obviously thats a significant down grade.

See it could always be worse!

What do you think happens in SF? How do Smith/Losman compare?

Philagape
11-20-2007, 11:27 PM
I read somewhere that Smith has been playing with an injured arm, but even before that he had no encouraging track record.

BILLSROCK1212

By all accounts a team supposedly on the rise. Thier OL is at the very least comparible to ours, Gore was a pro-bowl RB. An average WR corps, Vernon Davis when healthy is a solid option at TE. Certainly more talent on thier defense.

Smith is clearly the problem and ill go on record stating either of our QB's would do a better job there. To make matter worse they traded thier 1st rounder to the Pats. I believe they own the Colts 1st rounder this year but obviously thats a significant down grade.

What do you think happens in SF? How do Smith/Losman compare?both have never had true weapons around them but when they do and have the skills they have taken advantage of they make big things out of them....when Smith had Lloyd and Bryant from what I remember he did fairly well but when he lost both of them and had no upgrade infact a downgrade to the offense from last year it's hard to see him being effective especially with his injuries....Losman has potential he just isn't a very smart QB and his offensive coordinators haven't been very good plus until this year and still he barely has enough talent to work with, both won't be superstars but they could both be one or two season pro bowlers or just a decent yet consistent QB for another team but it won't work for either of them where they are currently

BILLSROCK1212

What do you think happens in SF? How do Smith/Losman compare?both have never had true weapons around them but when they do and have the skills they have taken advantage of they make big things out of them....when Smith had Lloyd and Bryant from what I remember he did fairly well but when he lost both of them and had no upgrade infact a downgrade to the offense from last year it's hard to see him being effective especially with his injuries....Losman has potential he just isn't a very smart QB and his offensive coordinators haven't been very good plus until this year and still he barely has enough talent to work with, both won't be superstars but they could both be one or two season pro bowlers or just a decent yet consistent QB for another team but it won't work for either of them where they are currently

Tatonka
11-20-2007, 11:46 PM
didnt smith have a 1 td 12 int season?

historypete
11-21-2007, 12:56 AM
didnt smith have a 1 td 12 int season?

Yeah, his first season was a disaster. Last year was better, but he has been horrible this year and to compound that he's been injured. There were a number of questions about Smith when he came out. I remember people asking Kiper, around here, where JP would rate in that draft and he said he would be up there with Smith. Take that for what its worth.

Slim
11-21-2007, 02:06 AM
I live in Sacramento, and the majority of the people here are niner fans. Alot of people here are fed up with him.

Ingtar33
11-21-2007, 02:37 AM
i was laughing my head off when the 49er's picked him no.1

smith was a 2nd round talent at best...

Kerr
11-21-2007, 06:43 AM
Two words-Norv Turner.

BrunnyJ
11-21-2007, 07:39 AM
I remeber reading a scouting report on Smith and it was all negative, he can't do this and that the nthe next thing I see is he was number 1!!! At Least Losman can go DEEP!!!!!!!

acehole
11-21-2007, 08:27 AM
Alex smith is horrible.

However very consisant.

Consisantly horrible.

What do you think happens in SF? How do Smith/Losman compare?

acehole
11-21-2007, 08:29 AM
[quote=historypete]didnt smith have a 1 td 12 int season?

Yea but it has allready been established by the greatest football minds on this board that that means nothing.