PDA

View Full Version : Leo Roth Hits Nail on the Head Concerning JP

raphael120
11-21-2007, 10:17 AM
While Tom Brady was going 7-for-7 on TD drives, J.P. Losman was stumbling about trying to save his career. He was good for his usual killer turnover, token TD bomb and array of garbage yards. Yes, it was difficult playing from so far behind, but he helped dig that hole with an interception on his third pass, setting up an easy Patriots score and 7-0 lead.

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071119/SPORTS03/711190334/1021

TacklingDummy
11-21-2007, 10:24 AM
It's because Lynch didn't play.

mchurchfie
11-21-2007, 10:26 AM
and crappy playcalling

mchurchfie
11-21-2007, 10:27 AM
crappy receivers..

mchurchfie
11-21-2007, 10:27 AM
stars weren't in perfect alignment..

mchurchfie
11-21-2007, 10:31 AM
the Jests weren't on the other side of the field..

justasportsfan
11-21-2007, 10:31 AM
and crappy playcalling
you're learning ;)

Jan Reimers
11-21-2007, 10:32 AM
Our defense gave up 56 points for chrisakes. Was JP, without his best running back, with one legitimate wide receiver, a mediocre line, and an idiot calling the offensive plays, supposed to score 57?

It may be time for JP to go, but implying that this loss was in any way his fault is beyond ludicrous.

justasportsfan
11-21-2007, 10:32 AM
Leo Roth is right. Problem is, we had no better option.

TacklingDummy
11-21-2007, 10:39 AM
It may be time for JP to go, but implying that this loss was in any way his fault is beyond ludicrous.

It was his fault. Not completely his fault but he does take his share of the blame.

TacklingDummy
11-21-2007, 10:40 AM
Another reason: It was Reed fault for stopping his route and for dropping another pass.

Patti120
11-21-2007, 10:51 AM
the waterboy's were terrible this game.

Mitchy moo
11-21-2007, 10:53 AM
the waterboy's were terrible this game.

They need some high quality H2o.

trapezeus
11-21-2007, 10:55 AM
Bottom line, JP has not performed like a round 1 pick. The Mannings, marino's elways, kelly's, etc, all struggled. but they showed that they had leadership skills and a way to distribute the ball. Losman has not shown us anything.

i really feel for the people who want to continue with Losman. and i feel worse for those people who think edwards is worse than losman.

Mr. Pink
11-21-2007, 10:55 AM
They need some high quality H2o.

GATORADE!

raphael120
11-21-2007, 11:06 AM
Our defense gave up 56 points for chrisakes. Was JP, without his best running back, with one legitimate wide receiver, a mediocre line, and an idiot calling the offensive plays, supposed to score 57?

But the defense is injury riddled. But...but...but

mchurchfie
11-21-2007, 11:07 AM

I think that what he is actually implying is that JP did nothing to help the situation on the field that night and nothing to help his case as being the starter either. He rolled over and took his *****slapping along with the rest of the team.

raphael120
11-21-2007, 11:07 AM
Leo Roth is right. Problem is, we had no better option.

Yeah, Lynch is still injured.

He had a pretty TD pass to Royal in Cincy.

Mr. Pink
11-21-2007, 11:09 AM
The o-line can't block...
the receivers can't catch...
the receivers run wrong routes...
the ball slipped out of his hand...
fowler puts a weird spin on the football on the snap...
the defense sucks...
we have no pass rush...
we can't stop the run...
the wind blew the wrong way...
the refs didn't want us to win...
the coaching staff killed him...

Have I missed any of the excuses used for this bum?

raphael120
11-21-2007, 11:12 AM
the defense sucks...
we have no pass rush...
we can't stop the run...

Bad hair day. Did you see his hair sunday night? Man...his stylist didn't come up with a good gameplan for that mess.

Mr. Pink
11-21-2007, 11:14 AM
Bad hair day. Did you see his hair sunday night? Man...his stylist didn't come up with a good gameplan for that mess.

my bad! I forgot that one.

His helmet must not have fit the same after the new 'do. It impaired his ability to see where he was throwing.

TacklingDummy
11-21-2007, 11:20 AM
the defense sucks...
we have no pass rush...
we can't stop the run...

The Vets. (Moulds) threw him under the bus.

4th year rookie.

justasportsfan
11-21-2007, 11:58 AM
The Vets. (Moulds) threw him under the bus.

4th year rookie.
for someone who banned himself when we were winning with JP , you're pretty visible after a horrible TEAM loss against one of the best teams of all time .

The Answer
11-21-2007, 12:37 PM
It's because Lynch didn't play.

Give the guy a break he was the 11th rated QB last year and the pats defense make every QB look foolish.

~The Answer

MikeInRoch
11-21-2007, 12:48 PM
the defense sucks...
we have no pass rush...
we can't stop the run...

I ran out of gas.
I, I had a flat tire.
I didn't have enough money for cab fare. My tux didn't come back from the cleaners.
An old friend came in from out of town.
Someone stole my car.
There was an earthquake.
A terrible flood.
Locusts.
IT WASN'T MY FAULT, I SWEAR TO GOD.

HAMMER
11-21-2007, 01:36 PM
Reed quit on the route, how is that Losman's fault?

justasportsfan
11-21-2007, 01:39 PM
don't you get it? As far as they're concerened, JP is also responsible for Everrett and Lynchs injury.

MikeInRoch
11-21-2007, 01:42 PM

As has been stated numerous times before, Reed was completely covered. Even if he does NOT stop the route, that ball gets picked. It never should have been thrown.

mchurchfie
11-21-2007, 01:56 PM
don't you get it? As far as they're concerened, JP is also responsible for Everrett and Lynchs injury.
Give it up Justa, no one wants JP anymore, quit trying to ram him down our throats.;)

Mr. Pink
11-21-2007, 03:22 PM

Reed read the coverage and stopped in the soft spot of the zone...Losman didn't read the coverage and threw anyway. Shocking Losman not reading coverages, I know. Especially when he has yet to read a coverage as a QB.

A real QB would have read the coverage and hit Reed wide open.

DynaPaul
11-21-2007, 06:54 PM
One word: Gremlins!

acehole
11-21-2007, 07:11 PM
Give the guy a break he was the 11th rated QB last year and the pats defense make every QB look foolish.

~The Answer

Was that sarcasm?

or who are you and what have you done with the "Answer".

acehole
11-21-2007, 07:15 PM
Reed read the coverage and stopped in the soft spot of the zone...Losman didn't read the coverage and threw anyway. Shocking Losman not reading coverages, I know. Especially when he has yet to read a coverage as a QB.

A real QB would have read the coverage and hit Reed wide open.

How do you know?

Was it said in a presser?

It looked like Losmen threw to a spot and reed was expected
to be there to me.... You dont usually throw to a soft spot in a zone...like 50 yards away...that kind of play is usually not called that far out.

I disagree with your assertion.

Kerr
11-21-2007, 07:26 PM
It looked like the homo gay read jp's eyes all the way on the int.

Night Train
11-21-2007, 08:27 PM
We gave up 56 and you polarize on the QB ?

I know Edwards will get his shot. What about the D, Sparky ?

Mr. Pink
11-22-2007, 03:52 AM
How do you know?

Was it said in a presser?

It looked like Losmen threw to a spot and reed was expected
to be there to me.... You dont usually throw to a soft spot in a zone...like 50 yards away...that kind of play is usually not called that far out.

I disagree with your assertion.

It's never said who's at fault for the play, both players always take responsibility to keep team chemistry up. At least, respected professionals do that.

It was maybe at best a 15 yard route, I dunno where you're getting this 50 yard thing.

It's obvious that Reed saw the guy in the zone he was supposed to go, was all over the original route. Hence why he stopped to sit down in the open area. Receivers do it all the time. QBs with good awareness realize this and throw to the open area. It's a hot read. Reed made the correct read, JP did not.

Here's why I'm willing to blame it all on JP. It's an opinion based on facts. JP has never been able to read defenses. A. stares down receivers B. throws into double coverages C. when his primary target is covered he runs around like an idiot. On the contrary, Reed has never been seen as a "dumb" player. He knows how to run routes, he knows how to block people properly...His awareness was never questioned, the only thing questioned was his hands. This play obviously had nothing to do with Reed's hands hence it's easy to deduce that the fault lies squarely on JP for this one. Especially when it's a staple of the passing game vs zone coverage.

Ultimately, JP was staring down Reed the entire pattern/play so there's no way he didn't see that Reed broke the route.

TacklingDummy
11-22-2007, 04:34 AM
It's not the first time JP has blamed Reed for running the wrong route.

Jan Reimers
11-22-2007, 08:32 AM
As a Bills' fan, I'm as frustrated as anyone with JP, and I hope Trent Edwards is the answer. I hope he becomes our next Jim Kelly.

But to blame JP for just about everything, and to annoint Edwards as our savior after 4 mediocre games, defies logic.

Historian
11-22-2007, 03:41 PM

This is probably correct.

If Losman would have learned to check down, Everett would never have been relegated to special teams, which got him hurt....

Typ0
11-22-2007, 06:55 PM
As a Bills' fan, I'm as frustrated as anyone with JP, and I hope Trent Edwards is the answer. I hope he becomes our next Jim Kelly.

But to blame JP for just about everything, and to annoint Edwards as our savior after 4 mediocre games, defies logic.

what is the logic then when people look at JP after a dozen starts and proclaim he needs more time to mature...that he's "basically a rookie" in his third year and here today still stinks up the place in at least 2/3rds of the games he plays...and then the same people proclaim TE sucks after three starts and two complete games each of which we came out on top. If anything defies logic that does. The people that have been supportive of TE have done so only with the clarity that JP is a bum not because TE is any kind of savior.

hydro
11-22-2007, 07:02 PM
Funny now that JP lovers know he is not our QB of the future they belittle Trent and say he isn't the QB of future either after 4 games. Pretty childish!

TacklingDummy
11-22-2007, 07:33 PM
This is probably correct.

If Losman would have learned to check down, Everett would never have been relegated to special teams, which got him hurt....

And Lynch wouldn't be over used and never have been injuried.

Wys Guy
11-22-2007, 10:32 PM
Leo Roth Hits Nail on the Head Concerning JP

Looks like he did a pretty good job of nailing down the rest of the team too.