PDA

View Full Version : Is Parrish Calling for Trent Edwards at QB?

The Jokeman
11-21-2007, 05:40 PM
Buffalo's speediest receiver had 20 catches for 178 yards in his first five games but has been limited to four catches for 66 yards in the last five.

That's not what Parrish expected, particularly after he moved up the depth chart in early October when No. 2 receiver Peerless Price was placed on injured reserve. The drop in production began one game before Losman regained the starting job after rookie Trent Edwards sprained his throwing hand in a 13-3 win at the New York Jets on Oct. 28.
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=Ak0XnaRTaaINuHbafLku4Vz.uLYF?slug=ap-bills-unhappyparrish&prov=ap&type=lgns
Thoughts?

mybills
11-21-2007, 05:45 PM
If you want the ball, get open. Didn't we say that to Price, Reed and Evans?

jamesiscool
11-21-2007, 05:47 PM

its not a matter of him getting open its the fact that JP just flat out doesnt look his way. if its not evans its no one. jp throws deep, so he throws to lee, if its a short to intermediate route its goin to the turf.

Mitchy moo
11-21-2007, 05:51 PM
its not a matter of him getting open its the fact that JP just flat out doesnt look his way. if its not evans its no one. jp throws deep, so he throws to lee, if its a short to intermediate route its goin to the turf.

JP looks for Evans, if he is covered JP runs. If JP does toss the ball to someone else, it ends up at their feet so they cannot catch it anyways.

The Jokeman
11-21-2007, 05:51 PM
I think what the article is pointing out is JP's problem to hit him quickly which allows defenders to get on him. As Rosoe's better suited after the catch and in the open field due to his size ie after catching a punt. Therefore if he's asked to run long routes defenders can a chance to get a bump on him and render him less effective.

djjimkelly
11-21-2007, 05:59 PM

yeah that wasnt parrish he hit for that bomb lol.

plus would he not need to be on the field to get the ball he's not calling out JP hes calling out coaches but lets grasp at straws

jamesiscool
11-21-2007, 06:03 PM

plus would he not need to be on the field to get the ball he's not calling out JP hes calling out coaches but lets grasp at straws

jp was prolly still high and got 83 and 11 confused.

camelcowboy
11-21-2007, 06:12 PM

plus would he not need to be on the field to get the ball he's not calling out JP hes calling out coaches but lets grasp at straws your blind faith of losman is grasping at straws.

acehole
11-21-2007, 06:18 PM

I thought I saw a td from him last week.

He does get chucked at the line alot.

They should call screens to him.

And no he is not calling for edwards in this piece.

acehole
11-21-2007, 06:20 PM
Does every post have to involve bashing our starting QB.

camelcowboy
11-21-2007, 06:22 PM
Does every post have to involve bashing our starting QB. If JP starts playing well maybe it wouldn't be a issue.

YardRat
11-21-2007, 06:25 PM

Please. I've seen enough of the WR screen this year to last the next five.

acehole
11-21-2007, 06:29 PM
Please. I've seen enough of the WR screen this year to last the next five.

Really..I havent noticed.

If he can make the first guy miss it might end up with some decent yards.

acehole
11-21-2007, 06:34 PM
If JP starts playing well maybe it wouldn't be a issue.

He has been with the exception of the Pats game.

They make everyone look bad.

Came in for Jets W Cinci W Maimi W NE L.

Did you have us beating the Pats pre season?

Dont think any of you including myself had that in the possible W column.

If we had Lynch..it would have been a maybe.

The Jags are a decent team...I will be rooting for the Bills that game.

YardRat
Really..I havent noticed.

If he can make the first guy miss it might end up with some decent yards.

Go back and re-watch the games...I think it's a play that's been over-used.

Confused
That article says JP threw for 300 yrd and a td at miami. that game must have been on NFL network cuz the bills vs miami game i watched, JP suct donkeydeeyak.
If lee isnt open, ol' happy feet loseman starts thinkin a touch faster than his ivy league brain can keep up. scary poo starts to happen.
Trent may not be the solution but losman is the problem.
We need to ship slippery Dick Jauron back to Chicago and send Japers along with him. He's worth a third rounder to team whose only other options are sexy rexy and greasy brian. Jaypee to Hester. I could care less. Hester wont save Japers arse like lee did in the meadowlands tho.....

Start Edman, or Loswards. I'm at a loss for words.

HHURRICANE
11-21-2007, 06:44 PM
This should be the last week that I have to read these pathetic posts defending JP.

He looks for Evans only, when he's covered he has to find receivers that are WIDE, WIDE, WIDE, open. He has no ability to hit a guy like Parrish, in stride, consistantly.

I would never want to be an OC with JP as my QB. Same reason that Vick was a nightmare down here.

camelcowboy
11-21-2007, 07:34 PM
This should be the last week that I have to read these pathetic posts defending JP.

He looks for Evans only, when he's covered he has to find receivers that are WIDE, WIDE, WIDE, open. He has no ability to hit a guy like Parrish, in stride, consistantly.

I would never want to be an OC with JP as my QB. Same reason that Vick was a nightmare down here. His pocket presence or lack of just makes me cringe. He's not a pocket passer and with this coaching staff they won't play to his strengths so time to move on.

Kerr
11-21-2007, 07:34 PM
It starts with chemistry. Everyone knows evans is jp's #1 option. You could tell edwards and evans had no chemistry either. Edwards has more chemistry with the other receivers instead. I don't believe in this getting wide open bs. Parrish had been getting open consistently, but all of a sudden his production dropped because he wasn't getting open? Give me a break.

Kerr
11-21-2007, 07:35 PM
His pocket presence or lack of just makes me cringe. He's not a pocket passer and with this coaching staff they won't play to his strengths so time to move on.

Word.

acehole
11-21-2007, 07:45 PM
His pocket presence or lack of just makes me cringe. He's not a pocket passer and with this coaching staff they won't play to his strengths so time to move on.

Often wondered why they did not roll him out more.

He was know for that as a strengtht at the draft.

camelcowboy
11-21-2007, 08:15 PM

He was know for that as a strengtht at the draft. i agree, Losman would be perfect in Denver, bootlegs, roll outs playaction, but the biggest weekness of our coaches is not taking advantage of his mobility.

justasportsfan
11-21-2007, 09:03 PM
he wasn't calling out JP. Only haters will interpret it that way.

RoanokeVABillsFan
11-21-2007, 09:46 PM
I agree he wasn't calling out JP, in fact, this is the quote that caught my attention most: "It all starts with the offensive coordinator calling the right plays. J.P. can only do so much," Parrish said. "It's out of my hands. I can only control what I can control."

Philagape
11-21-2007, 10:20 PM
He has been with the exception of the Pats game.

And Denver. And Pittsburgh. And yes, Miami. One decent drive is not a good game. When the O scores one TD and a FG, that means the D won the game.

And no one, and I mean no one, makes JP Losman look bad more than JP Losman.

DMBcrew36
11-21-2007, 11:35 PM
I would be frustrated if I was Parrish, too. The kid is the most dangerous offensive weapon on the team if you ask me. You have to get the ball in his hands, period. The Bills have not been doing that nearly enough.

acehole
11-21-2007, 11:37 PM
He made enough plays to win in miami. After all wins are that mater

And Denver. And Pittsburgh. And yes, Miami. One decent drive is not a good game. When the O scores one TD and a FG, that means the D won the game.

And no one, and I mean no one, makes JP Losman look bad more than JP Losman.

Philagape
11-21-2007, 11:53 PM
He made enough plays to win in miami. After all wins are that mater...

But not to me. I judge a QB by his passes, his decisions, his intangibles (all in relation to his experience) and the totality of his game and what he contributes to a win or loss.

RockStar36
11-22-2007, 01:00 AM
JP looks for Evans, if he is covered JP runs. If JP does toss the ball to someone else, it ends up at their feet so they cannot catch it anyways.

Yeah it was right at Parrish's feet for the only touchdown last week.

RockStar36
11-22-2007, 01:01 AM
I would be frustrated if I was Parrish, too. The kid is the most dangerous offensive weapon on the team if you ask me. You have to get the ball in his hands, period. The Bills have not been doing that nearly enough.

They haven't been doing that since he was drafted. This is nothing new.

Spiderweb
11-22-2007, 03:58 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=Ak0XnaRTaaINuHbafLku4Vz.uLYF?slug=ap-bills-unhappyparrish&prov=ap&type=lgns
Thoughts?

Maybe you should read the entire article first......

"It all starts with the offensive coordinator calling the right plays. J.P. can only do so much," Parrish said. "It's out of my hands. I can only control what I can control."

My initial thought was he had a bit of an issue with Fairchild....but hey, that's only because of what he said above.

acehole
11-22-2007, 08:12 AM
Maybe you should read the entire article first......

"It all starts with the offensive coordinator calling the right plays. J.P. can only do so much," Parrish said. "It's out of my hands. I can only control what I can control."

My initial thought was he had a bit of an issue with Fairchild....but hey, that's only because of what he said above.

wOW THAT Makes 3 players major players on offense call out fairchild....

Where there is smoke....

Kerr
11-22-2007, 09:49 AM
Fairchild is stubborn and it will cost him his job. I'd rather this team get a proven coordinator like Norv Turner. Great coordinator, lousy HC.

bigbub2352
11-22-2007, 10:26 AM
roscoe gets open, in mami he was open at least 5-6 times that i remember and one play he had his guy long by 5 steps, JP is to blame for the lack of production, and i feel for the kid he plays hard every snap and should be more invovlved, JP has got to get his head out of his ass and stop only looking at Evans, that is the real problem with this offense

RockStar36
11-22-2007, 11:55 AM
roscoe gets open, in mami he was open at least 5-6 times that i remember and one play he had his guy long by 5 steps, JP is to blame for the lack of production, and i feel for the kid he plays hard every snap and should be more invovlved, JP has got to get his head out of his ass and stop only looking at Evans, that is the real problem with this offense

JP found Roscoe in New York. If I remember correctly it smacked Roscoe in the chest and bounced off.

Philagape
11-22-2007, 08:32 PM
JP found Roscoe in New York. If I remember correctly it smacked Roscoe in the chest and bounced off.

As he was stumbling to the ground trying to slow down for the pass.

Oaf
11-23-2007, 11:50 AM

I think I've seen enough of those damn WR screens thank you very much.

raphael120
11-23-2007, 03:16 PM

He was know for that as a strengtht at the draft.

I think they're going to roll out JP...to another team.

mybills
11-23-2007, 05:59 PM
he wasn't calling out JP. Only haters will interpret it that way.
thank you.

Novacane
11-23-2007, 09:38 PM
Does every post have to involve bashing our starting QB.

When he deserves it, yes!