PDA

View Full Version : What the hell is wrong with Evans?

jpdex12
11-21-2007, 09:50 PM
"We're still doing a good job of attacking defenses," said Evans. "As long as we have that mentality we'll be alright."

You know, with a comment like this from Evans it makes you wonder just how smart he really is. Are he and JP mudpirates or something? JP sucks and Evans wants him in there. For what?

Smarten up Lee and give the rookie a chance. We aren't going anywhere with JP. Sorry to say!

Mitchy moo
11-21-2007, 10:03 PM
Even Brady and Moss feel they can do better and work harder but Evans is happy??

We suck on offense right now, he's breaking his arm for a pat on the back.

OpIv37
11-21-2007, 10:07 PM
With JP, Evans always gets his 3 catches for 120 yards and 1 TD on a 60 yard bomb and those are the numbers that get him a big payday.

The rest is irrelevant to him.

jpdex12
11-21-2007, 10:11 PM
With JP, Evans always gets his 3 catches for 120 yards and 1 TD on a 60 yard bomb and those are the numbers that get him a big payday.

The rest is irrelevant to him.

Well he's only done that in one game this year. Lee isn't the friggin coach so he should STFU and get open and he will make his pay. TE was getting him the ball fairly often after TE's first start. I'm disappointed in Evans' leadership skills.

TacklingDummy
11-21-2007, 10:15 PM
Lee wants JP, how smart could he possibly be?

Tatonka
11-21-2007, 10:23 PM
this forum has become unbearable..

the amount of stupidity and overreaction is just so god awful.

every thread is the same horse**** spread on different bread.

acehole
11-21-2007, 11:28 PM
His piont might be that the offensive coordinater plays not to lose to bad instead of just trying to win.

L Evans is a gonner when his contract is up.

"We're still doing a good job of attacking defenses," said Evans. "As long as we have that mentality we'll be alright."

You know, with a comment like this from Evans it makes you wonder just how smart he really is. Are he and JP mudpirates or something? JP sucks and Evans wants him in there. For what?

Smarten up Lee and give the rookie a chance. We aren't going anywhere with JP. Sorry to say!

DMBcrew36
11-21-2007, 11:32 PM
The Bills offense comes off as being content with mediochrity, which they barely achieve some games. It's annoying and frustrating.

acehole
11-22-2007, 12:15 AM
The Bills offense comes off as being content with mediochrity, which they barely achieve some games. It's annoying and frustrating.

indeed.

djjimkelly
11-22-2007, 02:07 AM

why argue tatonka we have a band of 10 morons who will bash JP at every turn.

playcalling no wrs no TE hurt running back damn JP should be throwing for 500 every week going 95% with passing with 8 TDs

problem is like ive stated many times we are a 500 team but people expect more for some reason they dont see we are like 30 mil under cap with no true vets. yet JP is supposedly working with one stacked team. or TD and a few others would lead u to believe that

mybills
11-22-2007, 07:25 AM

Unbelievable, eh?
They're also attacking Roscoe in another thread. :rolleyes:

acehole
11-22-2007, 08:33 AM
Yes and the king of them says to us we cant look at any of it when we are looking at qb because of his vast football knowledge we are not allowed to even bring it up in a post......

Do not worry when Edwards does the same thing...they will be cutting and pasting all the "Excuses" we are using for JP.

playcalling no wrs no TE hurt running back damn JP should be throwing for 500 every week going 95% with passing with 8 TDs

problem is like ive stated many times we are a 500 team but people expect more for some reason they dont see we are like 30 mil under cap with no true vets. yet JP is supposedly working with one stacked team. or TD and a few others would lead u to believe that

Jan Reimers
11-22-2007, 08:38 AM
Evans is a big play receiver. He naturally favors a big play QB over a dink and dunker.

YardRat
11-22-2007, 09:03 AM

IMO the issue some see with this argument is that the excuses and JP's performance are the only constants in his career.

Go back two years and look at the box scores of the games from '05...read the recaps. Same type of statistics, same type of mistakes, same type criticism, same type success with the long ball to Evans on the odd occasion. That's the book on his career.

Different GM, different HC, different OC, different RB, different o-line, different TE's etc etc...same results.

Even some of the player comments are very similar. JP always stating "This is a big game for me" or "We have the weapons, as an offense we need to just go out and get it done". Hell, after the KC game one of their defensive players even said (paraphrasing) "We should have won that game three to nothing. We controlled everything the entire game, except for two big plays to Evans."

Like it or not, JP very well may be at a similar point in his career in Buffalo that Holcomb was in '05-We've seen what he can do, that's all he's ever going to be and that's not enough to win football games or take you deep into the playoffs.

As of this weekend's game, JP will have played in as many games for the Bills as any QB since Jim Kelly except for Bledsoe and Flutie, and he's closing in on Doug. RJ got 30. Flutie 39. Collins 28. Holcomb 10. JP will be at 37, and Bledsoe stands at 48. He's had plenty of opportunity, he just hasn't been able to capitalize on it, period.

YardRat
11-22-2007, 09:16 AM
As far as Evans, his attitude pisses me off a lot more than JP's. At least with JP you get the feeling that he doesn't really care as much about stats as he does wins, and he'll take unimpressive personal stats as long as the team wins. Evans is quickly giving me the impression he cares more about his own numbers than he does team victories.

Historian
11-22-2007, 09:17 AM
I agree, Rat.

Most disconcerning.

acehole
11-22-2007, 09:25 AM
I agree with most of this....I guess the main piont is we have not found our true sucessor to J Kelly. We also have not found the same in Smith, Bennet.metzallaers bebe,reed and thomas,Tasker.... all or these players are needed to win ball games...and with that comes confidence and improvement and momentum and winning. I have said many times JP is not a world beater...he makes some really nice plays when he is comfortable and has time...he makes some really bad ones as well...People say he had a bad game at denver...watch the game in the first quarter he was moving the ball very well...M Lynch missed his block when we were threatening to score ....and that resulted in a 3 and 24 which we did not convert. We score there it was the difference in winning and losing that game. Are these excuses or reality? Jay Cutler looked absoulutly horrible in that game as did Tony Romo when we played the cowboys and what ....they need to go?..as some of you said during the Pats debacle?Bledsoe,johnson,edwards,losemen...does it really mater half the time if we are not going to build a decent team around them? Tavis Henry ran threw the bills d like it was a hologram.......

IMO the issue some see with this argument is that the excuses and JP's performance are the only constants in his career.

Go back two years and look at the box scores of the games from '05...read the recaps. Same type of statistics, same type of mistakes, same type criticism, same type success with the long ball to Evans on the odd occasion. That's the book on his career.

Different GM, different HC, different OC, different RB, different o-line, different TE's etc etc...same results.

Even some of the player comments are very similar. JP always stating "This is a big game for me" or "We have the weapons, as an offense we need to just go out and get it done". Hell, after the KC game one of their defensive players even said (paraphrasing) "We should have won that game three to nothing. We controlled everything the entire game, except for two big plays to Evans."

Like it or not, JP very well may be at a similar point in his career in Buffalo that Holcomb was in '05-We've seen what he can do, that's all he's ever going to be and that's not enough to win football games or take you deep into the playoffs.

As of this weekend's game, JP will have played in as many games for the Bills as any QB since Jim Kelly except for Bledsoe. RJ got 30. Flutie 39. Collins 28. Holcomb 10. JP will be at 39, and Bledsoe stands at 48. He's had plenty of opportunity, he just hasn't been able to capitalize on it, period.

ParanoidAndroid
11-22-2007, 09:42 AM
I get bashed every time I say it, but I'll say it again....Evans is not a true #1 receiver. He would be #2 in most NFL offenses and in some, #3. He's good, but he doesn't really scare anyone. Now, if we had a smarter, quicker QB, even this receiving crew would be halfway decent. JP constantly looks Evans' way, which isn't a BAD idea per se, but if you were watching Trent, the TE's and RB's got the ball more, and he was getting first downs consistently. Trent's weakness is in the red zone and that is something that will improve with experience....at least he gets us there....and as a dumb rookie. I like JP and wish him well, but if Trent does not win the starting job next year, I'll be surprised.
Here's to a WR in the first round...:cheers:

Owen DeBoard
11-22-2007, 09:47 AM
Evans figures that JP gives us our best chance of winning.

patmoran2006
11-22-2007, 09:52 AM

While I agree with Tatonka that every thread shouldn't turn into a JP bashing exhibition, you're also wrong.

It doesn't take a "band of 10 morons" to bash JP. He DESERVES plenty of bashing. He losses most the games he starts, especially against the better teams. And he's literally SUCKED in all but one game he's started this year. He deserves plenty of bashing, it's no conspiracy.

Kerr
11-22-2007, 09:55 AM
While I agree with Tatonka that every thread shouldn't turn into a JP bashing exhibition, you're also wrong.

It doesn't take a "band of 10 morons" to bash JP. He DESERVES plenty of bashing. He losses most the games he starts, especially against the better teams. And he's literally SUCKED in all but one game he's started this year. He deserves plenty of bashing, it's no conspiracy.

Agreed, but Fairchild should get bashed more for not utilizing him the right way.

acehole
11-22-2007, 10:25 AM

This opinion means nothing. Coaches disagree with you. We got the memo you want Edwards...what will you say when the same thing or worse happens with him? Romo and Cutler looked awful during the games we played them. Our deffense decided to show up those games...are they bad qb's? Inconsistant? Do those teams had more overall play makers ...talent? Coaching...running game WR? If you want to be a writer/reporter Pat you really need to look a little deaper. He has won since comming back from the injury and he only lost to the pats ..when we beat the Jags you will say Jp wasnt perfect..under threw by 6 inches on the TD. If we lose you will say see he sucks...put in Edwards...Edwards is 3-1 all that stuff we hear all day..we be critical of course he does his share of bad plays ..who doesnt...but blaming him for every single thing on every single loss is getting old.

YardRat
11-22-2007, 10:48 AM
This opinion means nothing. Coaches disagree with you. We got the memo you want Edwards...what will you say when the same thing or worse happens with him? Romo and Cutler looked awful during the games we played them. Our deffense decided to show up those games...are they bad qb's? Inconsistant? Do those teams had more overall play makers ...talent? Coaching...running game WR? If you want to be a writer/reporter Pat you really need to look a little deaper. He has won since comming back from the injury and he only lost to the pats ..when we beat the Jags you will say Jp wasnt perfect..under threw by 6 inches on the TD. If we lose you will say see he sucks...put in Edwards...Edwards is 3-1 all that stuff we hear all day..we be critical of course he does his share of bad plays ..who doesnt...but blaming him for every single thing on every single loss is getting old.

Tough call on Edwards after only four games...Jp's had 36 and has shown little improvement and Trent has shown enough in the little time he's played that he may be the better answer for the team. JP just isn't.

Romo's game against us was the exception, not the rule. As are all bad games by good to great QB's. Everybody has them, no matter how good they are. The difference is with them it's the exception, with JP it's the rule. Cutler, BTW, still hasn't shown he can be a franchise QB IMO.

Nobody's blaming JP for everything, but he isn't doing anything to convince very many that he's part of the solution as opposed to being part of the problem.

trapezeus
11-22-2007, 10:57 AM
there is a band of morons who rip JP? really? it seems that most people have seen enough of him. there is a band of jp supporters who keep saying the same thing and then thank each other in their posts.

in the end, nfl gm's, coaches, players, and fans all agree that losman isn't very good. he has the talent but has not progressed at all. he's more like kyle boller than favre. it only took the ravens 2 years to realize they had a dud.

as with evans, the more he talks, the more it seems like he was another bad decision by donahoe. he has talent, but is not a team player. that seems to be a hallmark of donahoe's talented picks. and his other picksjust sucked.

acehole
11-22-2007, 11:33 AM
Tough call on Edwards after only four games...Jp's had 36 and has shown little improvement and Trent has shown enough in the little time he's played that he may be the better answer for the team. JP just isn't.
I am not saying Edwards is no good...I am saying if things dont change around the QB position we might have more of the same stuff we have gotten over the last 10 years...
Romo's game against us was the exception, not the rule. As are all bad games by good to great QB's. Everybody has them, no matter how good they are. The difference is with them it's the exception, with JP it's the rule. Cutler, BTW, still hasn't shown he can be a franchise QB IMO.
Romo has a great team around him to overcome a bad game IE Witten Owens to name a few. Does JP?
Nobody's blaming JP for everything, but he isn't doing anything to convince very many that he's part of the solution as opposed to being part of the problem.

This is my main disareement. He came in the Jets game took it over and made enough plays to win......the whole team came out flat at Miami...in the 4th quarter he made enough plays to win...isnt that the piont? Cini we all agreed was his best game.... and then the pats game which is what started this 2nd volley or darts for JP...and if you would like to look at that and say he sucks sure...go ahead. JP to evans was one of the deadly combos last year..imagine if we had sombody with equal talent on the otherside...throw in witten and or Bo from Denver...and I dont think this JP is part of the problem talk is very valid. With the exception of Tom Brady..he did it a few year ago with little talent...but that is the exception and not the rule.

Lets look at Edwards...

Jets he won...who didnt this year.

Ravens with thier corners injured was
a win but it was equal to JP win at Miami I suppose.(Both ugly)
The difference?
We won that game inspite of him not because of him. He also had
another untimley pick that allmost gave that game away much like
the Cowboys game.

NE (First) JP played one play yet JP get credited with the loss.

Cowboys game the team played well enough to win...picking off Romo what 5 times? Threw a horrible pick that was the game changer....When the defense scores more then the offense that is a red flag.

2nd Jets credited with win even though he left the game with the score bieng 3-3.

Edwards in all that time had one td PASS from the 3 yard line and 5 int's.

Is it rough to judge him on 4 game yes it is..but the agument was not about that...it was who is better right now...and that is where the disagrement is.

When JP is not on this roster..Edwards can have much more slack if he is the starter. Becarful what you wish for... Edwards will have the same problems if the overall talent does not improve.

colin
11-22-2007, 12:49 PM
trent might be good, jp will always suck.

aside from that, we have bad group of WRs. zero size and strength in any of them, and the only guy who can block some is a midget with no speed and not even good hands (reed).

we need a big guy at wr, not a TE, but a WR who can overpower or jump above a corner. eric moulds in his prime would instantly make our team much better, with either qb.

i don't care if it is chad johnson, a pick, whoever, we need a wr who can make it happen.

with a touch better run blocking (and it won't take much, just a C or RG upgrade who we can get from many places) trent at qb, and a stud added at WR we can be a top 12 or so O. that is about 100000000 times better than this year.

evans on our team is good, but he isn't even close to special

G Wolly
11-22-2007, 01:35 PM
JP sucks and Evans wants him in there. For what?

Because JP throws him the ball the most accurately

Anyone else its either too high, low, or a pick

YardRat
11-22-2007, 02:28 PM
He came in the Jets game took it over and made enough plays to win

IMO "took it over" is an exaggeration...the pass to Evan's was very poor and Lee made a great individual effort to turn it into the score. The defense also played pretty darn good in that game.

the whole team came out flat at Miami

The defense didn't.

in the 4th quarter he made enough plays to win

He didn't make any gregious mistakes, but Lynch was the catalyst for the comeback.

JP to evans was one of the deadly combos last year..imagine if we had sombody with equal talent on the otherside...throw in witten and or Bo from Denver...and I dont think this JP is part of the problem talk is very valid.

The other receivers don't get the opportunity because JP doesn't get them involved with the offense. I truly believe he doesn't understand how to set up the big plays to Evans, and that's his biggest problem.

Ravens with thier corners injured was
a win but it was equal to JP win at Miami I suppose.(Both ugly)
The difference?
We won that game inspite of him not because of him. He also had
another untimley pick that allmost gave that game away much like
the Cowboys game.

A matter of opinion. I feel the offense moved the ball better against Baltimore than they did against Miami. TOP and field position are bigger factors than some are willing to give credit.

The pick against Dallas led to zero points, so in the grand scheme of things it meant nothing.

NE (First) JP played one play yet JP get credited with the loss.
2nd Jets credited with win even though he left the game with the score bieng 3-3.

Two games don't change the overall record that much. Go ahead and credit JP with the Jets win and take the Pats loss off of it...It's not like all of a sudden you get a different picture.

Cowboys game the team played well enough to win...picking off Romo what 5 times? Threw a horrible pick that was the game changer....When the defense scores more then the offense that is a red flag.

Again, the pick against Dallas was not 'the game-changer'. Romo turned around and gave the ball right back. It's purely conjecture whether or not Buffalo would've scored on that drive, but fact that the turnover didn't lead to any Dallas points.

Edwards in all that time had one td PASS from the 3 yard line and 5 int's.

So? What does that actually prove?

Is it rough to judge him on 4 game yes it is..but the agument was not about that...it was who is better right now...and that is where the disagrement is.

Agreed, and different people are going to have different opinions and the only thing that's going to justify anybody's thoughts is the future. I do think it's fair to conclude, though, that neither has really distinguished himself over the other.

When JP is not on this roster..Edwards can have much more slack if he is the starter. Becarful what you wish for... Edwards will have the same problems if the overall talent does not improve.

Partially speculation, but also related to another thread started by typo. There is evidence that may point to the conclusion that the team plays better when one or the other is the QB.

Historian
11-22-2007, 02:34 PM
Jets he won...who didnt this year.

Pittsburgh.

Do I win a prize?

(j/k...don't throw a clot.)

acehole
11-22-2007, 07:53 PM
[quote=YardRat]IMO "took it over" is an exaggeration...the pass to Evan's was very poor and Lee made a great individual effort to turn it into the score. The defense also played pretty darn good in that game.

The defense didn't.

Miami game this year right?
They got run threw like poop through a goose...

acehole
11-22-2007, 07:55 PM
A matter of opinion. I feel the offense moved the ball better against Baltimore than they did against Miami. TOP and field position are bigger factors than some are willing to give credit.

The pick against Dallas led to zero points, so in the grand scheme of things it meant nothing.
<<<

Wrong Yardrat very wrong.

We would of at least had a field goal on that drive.

We were in scoring range.
Ad 3 Bills points to the final score and do the math.

acehole
11-22-2007, 08:04 PM
Quote:
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=3 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">
in the 4th quarter he made enough plays to win
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

He didn't make any gregious mistakes, but Lynch was the catalyst for the comeback.
<<

Wrong look at game film...he had 2 sweet passes to gains (TE)...on was dropped early on the second resulted in a huge gain which set up lynch from like 5 yards out....you should get the tivo. On your piont of keying in on evans...he had a TD to Parish last week...what you say is an exaggeration.

I was at the Bills jets game..he took it over...and marched right down and scored...somthing Trend has an issue with.

He has scored 6 pionts in 4 games...that is 1.5 pionts per game.

So if he played the NE pats it would have been 1.5 to 53.

jpdex12
11-22-2007, 09:23 PM
I get bashed every time I say it, but I'll say it again....Evans is not a true #1 receiver. He would be #2 in most NFL offenses and in some, #3. He's good, but he doesn't really scare anyone. Now, if we had a smarter, quicker QB, even this receiving crew would be halfway decent. JP constantly looks Evans' way, which isn't a BAD idea per se, but if you were watching Trent, the TE's and RB's got the ball more, and he was getting first downs consistently. Trent's weakness is in the red zone and that is something that will improve with experience....at least he gets us there....and as a dumb rookie. I like JP and wish him well, but if Trent does not win the starting job next year, I'll be surprised.
Here's to a WR in the first round...:cheers:

Here's to a trade for Chad Johnson!

Philagape
11-22-2007, 09:26 PM
The defense didn't.

Miami game this year right?
They got run threw like poop through a goose...

When the defense allows 10 points (and scores 2 itself) and the offense scores 11, which had the better game?