PDA

View Full Version : Losman feeling the pressure to perform

YardRat
11-22-2007, 05:55 AM
http://www.democratandchronicle.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071122/SPORTS03/711220333/1007/SPORTS

Asked point blank if he felt his job was on the line Sunday, Losman said "It always is and like coach says, at every position, but especially this position. This position's about winning and taking teams to the playoffs.

"I don't know what to say except if you're asking me if I feel like I'm on a short leash, I've been feeling that way for quite some time.''

Losman admitted he was wondering if the ax was going to fall on Monday after the Bills' 56-10 blowout loss to New England. "I would've been surprised, yeah, if I didn't (get the start against Jacksonville), but there's been a lot of surprises since I've been here," he said. "I'm just ready for whatever and ready to handle any situation given to me.

"It's not affecting my play; that's not the reason why we're not scoring points or we're not winning ball games. That's something that you're going to have to get over and be mentally tough as a player, and I've been able to deal with those things over the last couple of years.''

Without Lynch there will be more of a burden on Losman to move the ball through the air, and this is a good team to do that against. The Jaguars rank 27th in pass defense, allowing 250.8 yards per game, and they may be without starting cornerback Rashean Mathis, Jacksonville's all-time career interception leader, who is hobbled by a groin injury.

shelby
11-22-2007, 07:02 AM
i want to see the JP who played against the Bungles.
:pray:

This is a make or break game for him. i hope he can get his head in the game and stop making bad decisions.

Philagape
11-22-2007, 08:52 AM
http://www.democratandchronicle.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071122/SPORTS03/711220333/1007/SPORTS
"It's not affecting my play; that's not the reason why we're not scoring points or we're not winning ball games. That's something that you're going to have to get over and be mentally tough as a player, and I've been able to deal with those things over the last couple of years.''

Good to hear he doesn't use that as an excuse.