X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mahdi
    • Mar 2004

They are who we thought they were!

Ok this needs to be said in the open so everyone can just accept reality for what it is.

Our team is not a GOOD team. This is a team in the making which is currently missing several ingredients to compete at a high level week in and week out. Everyone wants to blame the QBs or blame the coaches or GMs but the fact is we knew before the season that this team was not complete, throw in our injuries and right now this team is just hanging on.

You cannot compete in this league with a WR corps with an average height of 5-9 and no receiving TE to speak of. And im certain theres no team that is succeeding that way.

We have a brand new OL that im sure will become an excellent one but that takes time.

On defense our star DEs are getting shut out and what was supposed to be the leader of our D is out for the year.

Despite all that ppl are still blaming JP for the struggles of our team. Yes he is inconsistent, but in reality this is an inconsistent offense with a lack of weapons. We are very easy to gameplan for and that makes it almost impossible for our Qb to make things happen routinely. I mean honestly,,, after Evans where can JP really throw the ball? You can only hit Parrish and Reed underneath so many times and they are very small targets.

Bottom line.... we have all seen JP make the most difficult throws made in the NFL, he can throw deep, deep over the middle, intermediate throws on ropes and the short stuff as well. All he needs IMO is someone to keep defenses honest and worried about the entire field rather than just one quarter of it. IF he gets those resources and fails then I would kick him out of Buffalo myself, but until that time is it really a fair evaluation? And several of you will say that he has had 4 years. True, he has, but 4 years under what circumstances? Thats the question.
  • shelby
    The Vanilla *****
    • Jul 2002

Re: They are who we thought they were!

Great post.

Our struggles aren't all on JP's shoulders. He is not the sole reason that we aren't an elite team. i would love to see us win out and make the playoffs, but in reality it will be amazing if we can accomplish that.

Comment

• patmoran2006
      Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
      • Dec 2005

Good post.

JP doesnt deserve all the blame, but he does deserve plenty. The QB needs to be the best player on the team, but Losman is no better or consistent than the rest of the 53 guys. He's just "another player" on this team.

This team needs a QB where it won't be a coin flip on how he's going to play.

As for the rest of the team, I agree they're not a good team right now. They need more playmakers on the offense especially. DOesn't matter who is at QB, they need a legit #2 and a better pass catching TE.

OL-wise, Fowler and Butler have played miserably for the most part.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• Mahdi
        • Mar 2004

Originally posted by patmoran2006
        Good post.

JP doesnt deserve all the blame, but he does deserve plenty. The QB needs to be the best player on the team, but Losman is no better or consistent than the rest of the 53 guys. He's just "another player" on this team.

As for the rest of the team, I agree they're not a good team right now. They need more playmakers on the offense especially. DOesn't matter who is at QB, they need a legit #2 and a better pass catching TE.

I agree that Fowler has been disapointing however Butler has come along nicely in pass pro and run blocking.

Comment

• Night Train
          Retired - On Several Levels
          • Jul 2005

Originally posted by Mahdi
          Ok this needs to be said in the open so everyone can just accept reality for what it is.

Our team is not a GOOD team. This is a team in the making which is currently missing several ingredients to compete at a high level week in and week out.
          You just described 25 teams in the NFL. Welcome to the cap age.

Most EVERY team has a few positions that are short in talent. The difference is smart Coaching and injury luck.
          Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Mahdi
            • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Night Train
            You just described 25 teams in the NFL. Welcome to the cap age.

Most EVERY team has a few positions that are short in talent. The difference is smart Coaching and injury luck.
            Agreed.. But there arent any successful teams that are missing all those ingredients at once. The teams that dont have a big threat at WR2 have one at TE. We have none. We also have a struggling run game. Thats asking way too much of JP or any other QB in the NFL.

Comment

• djjimkelly
              • Apr 2003

Originally posted by patmoran2006
              Good post.

was jim kelly the best player on the 90's bills

ill go so far as to say top 5 but not the best.

BRUCE SMITH WAS BY FAR THE BEST PLAYER ON THAT TEAM

THURMAN PROBABLY 2ND BEST

GO SO FAR AS THE SAY KENT HULL WAS THE 3rd BEST ON TEAM

then the kelly talk can begin with bennet reed lofton and a few others.

QB DOES NOT HAVE TO BE BEST PLAYER ON TEAM JUST BECUZ THAT IS THE CASE IN NEW ENGLAND COLTS AND PACKERS in 2007 dont make it true!!!!

Comment

• djjimkelly
                • Apr 2003

Agreed.. But there arent any successful teams that are missing all those ingredients at once. The teams that dont have a big threat at WR2 have one at TE. We have none. We also have a struggling run game. Thats asking way too much of JP or any other QB in the NFL.

please dont try to reason with them their narrow view is right.

and i agree with your earlier post get JP a few more real weapons like a big time TE

i campaigned for daniel graham guess levy should have been reading the zone. he would give this offense something else in the passing game to worry about.

not a bunch of guys im taller then at 5'11

Comment

• Mahdi
                  • Mar 2004

Originally posted by djjimkelly
                  please dont try to reason with them their narrow view is right.

and i agree with your earlier post get JP a few more real weapons like a big time TE

i campaigned for daniel graham guess levy should have been reading the zone. he would give this offense something else in the passing game to worry about.

not a bunch of guys im taller then at 5'11
                  Daniel Grahaeme is ok,,,, I wouldnt pay him personally. Would have been an upgrade for sure over Royal, but I really want a Shockey type guy, or at least a Heath Miller.

Comment

• djjimkelly
                    • Apr 2003

Daniel Grahaeme is ok,,,, I wouldnt pay him personally. Would have been an upgrade for sure over Royal, but I really want a Shockey type guy, or at least a Heath Miller.

reason why graham would have been great is our team is not set up to drop a 1st rounder on a TE.

next year i guarentee we address WR CB or yes LB in the first round we cant grab the top TE and by the time you get to 2nd 3rd or 4th round the TE's are lottery picks and we have a whack of those guys already

Comment

• Historian
                      2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
                      • Dec 2002

I think we're solid.

Two plays away from 7-3.

Comment

• G. Host
                        Banned
                        • Jul 2002

Despite all that ppl are still blaming JP for the struggles of our team. Yes he is inconsistent, but in reality this is an inconsistent offense with a lack of weapons. We are very easy to gameplan for and that makes it almost impossible for our Qb to make things happen routinely. I mean honestly,,, after Evans where can JP really throw the ball? You can only hit Parrish and Reed underneath so many times and they are very small targets.
                        Reed and Evans are same height - if Reed is a small target then Evans is small target.

Comment

• Typ0
                          honey pie
                          • Jul 2002

Our team is not a GOOD team. This is a team in the making which is currently missing several ingredients to compete at a high level week in and week out. Everyone wants to blame the QBs or blame the coaches or GMs but the fact is we knew before the season that this team was not complete, throw in our injuries and right now this team is just hanging on.

You cannot compete in this league with a WR corps with an average height of 5-9 and no receiving TE to speak of. And im certain theres no team that is succeeding that way.

We have a brand new OL that im sure will become an excellent one but that takes time.

On defense our star DEs are getting shut out and what was supposed to be the leader of our D is out for the year.

Bottom line.... we have all seen JP make the most difficult throws made in the NFL, he can throw deep, deep over the middle, intermediate throws on ropes and the short stuff as well. All he needs IMO is someone to keep defenses honest and worried about the entire field rather than just one quarter of it. IF he gets those resources and fails then I would kick him out of Buffalo myself, but until that time is it really a fair evaluation? And several of you will say that he has had 4 years. True, he has, but 4 years under what circumstances? Thats the question.
                          I'd like to see you find someone, anyone who says all the woes of the team are on JP Lossman. That's a load of bull. No kidding it's not all JPs fault. However, he's got plenty of responsibility and when the team is playing like crap it's his job to do well and lift them up not go out there and throw to all his short receivers over their heads or into the ground.

Comment

• Mahdi
                            • Mar 2004

Originally posted by G. Host
                            Reed and Evans are same height - if Reed is a small target then Evans is small target.
                            Yes but Evans brings an element to the game that Reed cant. And despite being the same size Evans has a bigger catching radius than Reed.

Comment

• Philagape
                              WIN NOW
                              • Jul 2002

I agree that JP hasn't had it easy during his career. I've been bemoaning the lack of weapons for two years. But there comes a time when fairness to JP can no longer be an issue because we can't wait around to see if the main problem is indeed his circumstances, or if the main problem is him. The mistakes he makes lead me to believe it's him. One measure of a QB is how he handles adversity, and he doesn't handle it well. He forces plays instead of improvising. Yes he's made all the throws, but rarely. He's high-maintenance; everything else has to go right for him to do well.
                              And I really wish the pro-JP posters would accurately represent the anti-JP point of view. Aside for maybe one or two extremists, no one is blaming JP for the NE loss or any other area where the team is struggling. I blame JP for his play ONLY. Not the team's. It may seem undue because QB is the highest-profile position and will always generate the most discussion, especially when there's a potential alternative. But there can't be an honest discussion until each side is honest about the other.
                              "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                              2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

Working...
                              X