PDA

View Full Version : Catching up with ... Edgerrin James

PA Season Ticket Holder
03-30-2003, 12:53 PM
March 26, 2003) -- For years, the Indianapolis Colts' offense has boasted "the big three:" Peyton Manning , Marvin Harrison and Edgerrin James . Ever since the trio was formed in 1999, NFL fans have been aware of this potent trio.

But in October, 2001, James suffered a torn ACL in his left knee and missed the rest of that season. He returned in 2002, and although he led the Colts with 989 rushing yards, it was way off of the 1,631-yard average he compiled in his first two pro seasons.

Now heading into the 2003 season, James appears ready to return to his old form. Indianapolis made the playoffs last year, but was bounced in the first round by the Jets. With playoff hopes in mind, James huddled with NFL.com at the University of Miami's Pro Day.

Where are you spending most of your offseason?

James: I'm down here in Miami, but I will be making a couple of trips to Indianapolis.

When you smile, people see a lot of gold. How old were you when you got your teeth capped, and how much did it cost to get them done?

James: I did it when I was 15 years old. It cost a lot back then. (laughs)

What's the worst part about tearing your ACL?

James: The worst part is that you're limited in working out and getting ready for the season. You really can't get right the way you really want to get. It kind of sets you back.

Speaking of your ACL, how is it now?

James: Oh, it's good now. There's no comparison to what it was like last year.

Willis McGahee had some serious knee injuries. Have you talked to him about

http://nfl.com/news/story/6278782