PDA

View Full Version : Recruit for a Day

PA Season Ticket Holder
03-30-2003, 12:56 PM
Drew Brees tackles the obstacle course.
03.27.03 - One thing is for certain, they'll never look at training camp the same way again.
In a show of support for the men and women from every branch of the United States military, five Chargers -- quarterback Drew Brees, linebackers Donnie Edwards and Zeke Moreno as well as wide receivers Terry Charles and Eric Parker -- recently took the United States Marine Corps up on the offer to be a recruit for a day.

The Chargers' indoctrination lasted just one day and paled in comparison to the rigorous 13-week training program recruits face. Nonetheless, it left a lasting impression.

"It definitely gave me more respect and admiration for what these guys go through," said Edwards. "Seriously, I was like a little kid last night. I tossed and turned and couldn't sleep, I was so excited."

http://www.chargers.com/news/headline_detail.cfm?news_key=1124

Cntrygal
03-30-2003, 01:21 PM
"Some of these guys were saying that they look up to us. To me it's the other way around," said Brees. "They're defending our country. We're the ones that look up to them."

"Anyone who gets a chance to see what a Marine recruit goes through, I guarantee you they'll come out with a better appreciation of what they do," said Edwards. "I have a lot of respect for what these men and women are doing."

Added Brees: "Like they say, if it was easy, they wouldn't be the Marines."

WONDERFUL STATEMENT!!!