• Show
Clear All
  • Kerr
    Hall of Fame Zoner
    • Feb 2005

Jimmy Kennedy

Per PFT:

JIMMY KENNEDY TURNED DOWN A CHANCE TO RETURN

Another former first-round flame out, defensive tackle Jimmy Kennedy, recently turned down an opportunity to get back into the NFL.

Per a league source, the Buffalo Bills wanted to sign Kennedy to a two-year deal. But Kennedy wanted only a one-year deal.

Why? Because he wants to be a free agent in March.

Um, Jim? You're a free agent right now. And the phone ain't ringing. Why not take work that you can get, while you can get it?

Take it for what it's worth. I know pft doesn't have the best reputation out there as a credible source, but it wouldn't be that hard to believe since the bills like signing cover 2 cast-offs.
  • mchurchfie
    • Jul 2002

Re: Jimmy Kennedy

Sounds like a lack of motivation and he was just making and excuse not to come back.
    My Band
    daveviterna.com

Comment

• DraftBoy
      Administrator
      • Jul 2002

I said we should of offered him a deal, and we did. He's a douche for not accepting it.
      COMING SOON...
      Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
      We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• OpIv37
        Acid Douching Asswipe
        • Sep 2002

Originally posted by DraftBoy
        I said we should of offered him a deal, and we did. He's a douche for not accepting it.
        we're probably better off. This guy sounds like another Mike Williams.
        MiKiDo Facebook
        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• JD
          Sabres Zone
          • Sep 2003

What a dork. Maybe he is still finding himself like Ricky, smokin teh reefer
          “You hold a players only meeting and get each guy to stand up and say what he can bring to the table... and if he doesn't, you punch him in the face.” ~~ Harry Neale, on how to fix the Sabres season.

Comment

• Scumbag College
            • Oct 2002

I don't think we need him too terribly bad now. McCargo has come on and is going to be a solid starting DT, Williams is surprisingly good, and Triplett shows flashes of playing up to his potential. He's been an underachiever his whole career, and I would imagine he would soon be cut right after he signed anyways by the Bills.
            Remember Kevin Everett in your thoughts.

Vote Nader in 2008!

http://www.votenader.org/

Comment

• Kerr
              Hall of Fame Zoner
              • Feb 2005

Forget him anyways. I'd rather have corey williams from green bay as a free agent signing. The guy is becoming a player in this league.

Comment

• TheGhostofJimKelly
                • May 2003

That sounds like a bunch of mularky, if it isn't, that guy is to dumb for me to want him on the Bills.

Comment

• patmoran2006
                  Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                  • Dec 2005

Originally posted by Scumbag College
                  I don't think we need him too terribly bad now. McCargo has come on and is going to be a solid starting DT, Williams is surprisingly good, and Triplett shows flashes of playing up to his potential. He's been an underachiever his whole career, and I would imagine he would soon be cut right after he signed anyways by the Bills.
                  I think we still need a DT, but not him.

I agree about McCargo coming on, and I think Kyle Williams is very productive at times. I don't like Tripplett though he's a hard worker.

We need a strong DT who can really collapse a pocket, like in the mold of a Haynesworth.

He (Stompsworth) would clearly be my TOP offseason priority as a Bills fans, but there is no way the Titans are letting him go into FA. They will franchise him if necessary.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

Working...
                  X