PDA

View Full Version : Jimmy Kennedy

Kerr
11-23-2007, 08:42 AM
Per PFT:

JIMMY KENNEDY TURNED DOWN A CHANCE TO RETURN

Another former first-round flame out, defensive tackle Jimmy Kennedy, recently turned down an opportunity to get back into the NFL.

Per a league source, the Buffalo Bills wanted to sign Kennedy to a two-year deal. But Kennedy wanted only a one-year deal.

Why? Because he wants to be a free agent in March.

Um, Jim? You're a free agent right now. And the phone ain't ringing. Why not take work that you can get, while you can get it?

Take it for what it's worth. I know pft doesn't have the best reputation out there as a credible source, but it wouldn't be that hard to believe since the bills like signing cover 2 cast-offs.

mchurchfie
11-23-2007, 09:05 AM
Sounds like a lack of motivation and he was just making and excuse not to come back.

DraftBoy
11-23-2007, 11:54 AM
I said we should of offered him a deal, and we did. He's a douche for not accepting it.

OpIv37
11-23-2007, 11:58 AM
I said we should of offered him a deal, and we did. He's a douche for not accepting it.

we're probably better off. This guy sounds like another Mike Williams.

JD
11-23-2007, 12:06 PM
What a dork. Maybe he is still finding himself like Ricky, smokin teh reefer

Scumbag College
11-23-2007, 01:18 PM
I don't think we need him too terribly bad now. McCargo has come on and is going to be a solid starting DT, Williams is surprisingly good, and Triplett shows flashes of playing up to his potential. He's been an underachiever his whole career, and I would imagine he would soon be cut right after he signed anyways by the Bills.

Kerr
11-23-2007, 09:45 PM
Forget him anyways. I'd rather have corey williams from green bay as a free agent signing. The guy is becoming a player in this league.

TheGhostofJimKelly
11-24-2007, 08:42 AM
That sounds like a bunch of mularky, if it isn't, that guy is to dumb for me to want him on the Bills.

patmoran2006
11-24-2007, 10:35 AM
I don't think we need him too terribly bad now. McCargo has come on and is going to be a solid starting DT, Williams is surprisingly good, and Triplett shows flashes of playing up to his potential. He's been an underachiever his whole career, and I would imagine he would soon be cut right after he signed anyways by the Bills.
I think we still need a DT, but not him.

I agree about McCargo coming on, and I think Kyle Williams is very productive at times. I don't like Tripplett though he's a hard worker.

We need a strong DT who can really collapse a pocket, like in the mold of a Haynesworth.

He (Stompsworth) would clearly be my TOP offseason priority as a Bills fans, but there is no way the Titans are letting him go into FA. They will franchise him if necessary.