• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

F Time Warner

So that GB at Dallas showdown next Thursday night is ONLY available if you have NFL Network on Direct TV?

That's a crock of ****. Fans who "only" have Time Warner Cable can't watch that game?

I've had enough now. Direct TV is getting a call later today, **** Time Warner-- what a slap in the face to subscribers who won't get to watch the first time a pair of 10-1 teams clash for teh first time since 1990.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Re: F Time Warner

I'll give you my account number and we can both save some money.

My sister in law just moved a few weeks ago-she called DirecTV and they had her hooked up the next day. I'd like to see Time Warner or Comcast pull that off.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• BlackMetalNinja
      I'm not Jewish, I'm just in it for the hats.
      • May 2005

Originally posted by patmoran2006
      So that GB at Dallas showdown next Thursday night is ONLY available if you have NFL Network on Direct TV?

That's a crock of ****. Fans who "only" have Time Warner Cable can't watch that game?

I've had enough now. Direct TV is getting a call later today, **** Time Warner-- what a slap in the face to subscribers who won't get to watch the first time a pair of 10-1 teams clash for teh first time since 1990.
      It's not only DirecTV, it's any carrier that has NFL Network, which Time Warner does not.... but before you fly off the handle about Time Warner, do your research... The NFL is as much at fault for them not carrying the network as they are themselves.

Comment

• patmoran2006
        Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
        • Dec 2005

Originally posted by BlackMetalNinja
        It's not only DirecTV, it's any carrier that has NFL Network, which Time Warner does not.... but before you fly off the handle about Time Warner, do your research... The NFL is as much at fault for them not carrying the network as they are themselves.
        Well regardless of who else is carrying it, Time Warner is not. And considering between cable and Internet I pay over $100 per month.. and not to not be able to watch a game of GB vs Dallas magnitude in the comfort of my own home, it's not acceptable.

Time Warner sucks.. Didn't they nearly use FOX several months ago as well?

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• colin
          Drew's my hero!
          • Jul 2002

i have time warner (only choice in nyc) and it effing sucks.

horrible service, overpriced, and so forth.

these exclusive agreements really f@ck the customer.

Comment

• OpIv37
            Acid Douching Asswipe
            • Sep 2002

I don't know if I buy TW's excuse though. The cost didn't stop DirecTV, Dish Network, Cox or Comcast from providing it.
            MiKiDo Facebook
            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
              Zero for Zero!
              • Mar 2003

DishNetwork has NFL Network too.
              Originally posted by mysticsoto
              Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• RockStar36
                Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
                • Sep 2004

Does this surprise you Pat? TW and all other cable companies have been without NFL network for almost 2 years.

D & S Sports

Comment

• don137
                  • Jul 2002

Both Time-Warner and the NFL are playing hardball with each other. It's both of them being stubborn and greedy with NFL fans with time warner being the ultimate loser. Dish network subscribers also get to watch the game. I have been a happy Direct TV customer since 2003.

Comment

• TheGhostofJimKelly
                    • May 2003

Time Warner get sports channels? Please, unless they are getting a channel for next to nothing they won't get it. There are two sides to blame though, two huge, stubborn companies that won't budge.

Comment

• BlackMetalNinja
                      I'm not Jewish, I'm just in it for the hats.
                      • May 2005

Yes, the issue with Time Warner and the NFL is that the NFL wants their network to be on Time Warner's basic cable lineup, so it is not an additional fee to get it... Time Warner wants it in it's sports package which is like an extra $3/month for subscribers. Neither will budge, so TW doesn't have NFL Network.

I honestly could care less for the most part, sometimes it'd be nice to see some of the games they air, but they have very little original programming for the most part it seems. They reair one show about 10 times a day.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                        Administrator
                        • Jul 2002

Its a bunch of crap bc I have Charter down here and they dont have NFL Network of course, and the only reason I got to see the Falcons implode last night was bc Im within the 50 mile radius circle. I cant wait to get my own place and get Direct TV!
                        COMING SOON...
                        Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                        We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• camelcowboy
                          • Mar 2005

Does it matter who fault it is, the man deserves to watch the game. Everyone does, I agree **** cable go with dish.

Comment

• OpIv37
                            Acid Douching Asswipe
                            • Sep 2002

Yes, the issue with Time Warner and the NFL is that the NFL wants their network to be on Time Warner's basic cable lineup, so it is not an additional fee to get it... Time Warner wants it in it's sports package which is like an extra $3/month for subscribers. Neither will budge, so TW doesn't have NFL Network.

I honestly could care less for the most part, sometimes it'd be nice to see some of the games they air, but they have very little original programming for the most part it seems. They reair one show about 10 times a day.
                            The Playbook show is awesome, and during the off season it's great because they re play classic games so it helps in coping with the lack of football (and they play the Comeback Game all the time).

They repeat shows for two reasons: 1. so West Coast and East Coast people can both see the shows in good time slots and 2. Because they do lack programming.

Also, DirecTV recently added the NFL Network as an HD channel, but most of their programming isn't in HD (of course, the live games are HD but generally there isn't a lot of HD programming).

Overall, I don't think it's worth it to switch service providers just for NFL network, but I do think DirecTV has a lot of other advantages over cable that make it worth the switch.
                            MiKiDo Facebook
                            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• DraftBoy
                              Administrator
                              • Jul 2002

They also have the Senior Bowl Practices and Games, Original NFL Draft Programming, additional NFL Draft Coverage (and eventually will be the only channel showing the draft) and play every preseason game. Plus they got a pretty cool sports package outside of NFL Network.
                              COMING SOON...
                              Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                              We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X