PDA

View Full Version : F Time Warner

patmoran2006
11-23-2007, 10:52 AM
So that GB at Dallas showdown next Thursday night is ONLY available if you have NFL Network on Direct TV?

That's a crock of ****. Fans who "only" have Time Warner Cable can't watch that game?

I've had enough now. Direct TV is getting a call later today, **** Time Warner-- what a slap in the face to subscribers who won't get to watch the first time a pair of 10-1 teams clash for teh first time since 1990.

OpIv37
11-23-2007, 11:01 AM
I'll give you my account number and we can both save some money.

My sister in law just moved a few weeks ago-she called DirecTV and they had her hooked up the next day. I'd like to see Time Warner or Comcast pull that off.

BlackMetalNinja
11-23-2007, 11:02 AM
So that GB at Dallas showdown next Thursday night is ONLY available if you have NFL Network on Direct TV?

That's a crock of ****. Fans who "only" have Time Warner Cable can't watch that game?

I've had enough now. Direct TV is getting a call later today, **** Time Warner-- what a slap in the face to subscribers who won't get to watch the first time a pair of 10-1 teams clash for teh first time since 1990.

It's not only DirecTV, it's any carrier that has NFL Network, which Time Warner does not.... but before you fly off the handle about Time Warner, do your research... The NFL is as much at fault for them not carrying the network as they are themselves.

patmoran2006
11-23-2007, 11:04 AM
It's not only DirecTV, it's any carrier that has NFL Network, which Time Warner does not.... but before you fly off the handle about Time Warner, do your research... The NFL is as much at fault for them not carrying the network as they are themselves.
Well regardless of who else is carrying it, Time Warner is not. And considering between cable and Internet I pay over $100 per month.. and not to not be able to watch a game of GB vs Dallas magnitude in the comfort of my own home, it's not acceptable.

Time Warner sucks.. Didn't they nearly use FOX several months ago as well?

colin
11-23-2007, 11:05 AM
i have time warner (only choice in nyc) and it effing sucks.

horrible service, overpriced, and so forth.

these exclusive agreements really f@ck the customer.

OpIv37
11-23-2007, 11:05 AM

I don't know if I buy TW's excuse though. The cost didn't stop DirecTV, Dish Network, Cox or Comcast from providing it.

Dr. Lecter
11-23-2007, 11:06 AM
DishNetwork has NFL Network too.

RockStar36
Does this surprise you Pat? TW and all other cable companies have been without NFL network for almost 2 years.

don137
Both Time-Warner and the NFL are playing hardball with each other. It's both of them being stubborn and greedy with NFL fans with time warner being the ultimate loser. Dish network subscribers also get to watch the game. I have been a happy Direct TV customer since 2003.

TheGhostofJimKelly
11-23-2007, 11:09 AM
Time Warner get sports channels? Please, unless they are getting a channel for next to nothing they won't get it. There are two sides to blame though, two huge, stubborn companies that won't budge.

BlackMetalNinja
11-23-2007, 11:12 AM
Yes, the issue with Time Warner and the NFL is that the NFL wants their network to be on Time Warner's basic cable lineup, so it is not an additional fee to get it... Time Warner wants it in it's sports package which is like an extra $3/month for subscribers. Neither will budge, so TW doesn't have NFL Network.

I honestly could care less for the most part, sometimes it'd be nice to see some of the games they air, but they have very little original programming for the most part it seems. They reair one show about 10 times a day.

DraftBoy
11-23-2007, 11:51 AM
Its a bunch of crap bc I have Charter down here and they dont have NFL Network of course, and the only reason I got to see the Falcons implode last night was bc Im within the 50 mile radius circle. I cant wait to get my own place and get Direct TV!

camelcowboy
11-23-2007, 11:52 AM
It's not only DirecTV, it's any carrier that has NFL Network, which Time Warner does not.... but before you fly off the handle about Time Warner, do your research... The NFL is as much at fault for them not carrying the network as they are themselves. Does it matter who fault it is, the man deserves to watch the game. Everyone does, I agree **** cable go with dish.

OpIv37
11-23-2007, 11:57 AM
Yes, the issue with Time Warner and the NFL is that the NFL wants their network to be on Time Warner's basic cable lineup, so it is not an additional fee to get it... Time Warner wants it in it's sports package which is like an extra $3/month for subscribers. Neither will budge, so TW doesn't have NFL Network.

I honestly could care less for the most part, sometimes it'd be nice to see some of the games they air, but they have very little original programming for the most part it seems. They reair one show about 10 times a day.

The Playbook show is awesome, and during the off season it's great because they re play classic games so it helps in coping with the lack of football (and they play the Comeback Game all the time).

They repeat shows for two reasons: 1. so West Coast and East Coast people can both see the shows in good time slots and 2. Because they do lack programming.

Also, DirecTV recently added the NFL Network as an HD channel, but most of their programming isn't in HD (of course, the live games are HD but generally there isn't a lot of HD programming).

Overall, I don't think it's worth it to switch service providers just for NFL network, but I do think DirecTV has a lot of other advantages over cable that make it worth the switch.

DraftBoy
11-23-2007, 12:05 PM
They also have the Senior Bowl Practices and Games, Original NFL Draft Programming, additional NFL Draft Coverage (and eventually will be the only channel showing the draft) and play every preseason game. Plus they got a pretty cool sports package outside of NFL Network.

DynaPaul
11-23-2007, 12:32 PM
NFL Network is awesome and it's all Time Warner's fault for why we don't have it. NFL wants it part of the basic package. In return, Time Warner gets revenue from advertising slots on the channel that they can sell. That's not good enough for TW, they want to charge YOU extra for it. The NFL doesn't want anyone paying extra for it and believe me, TW could EASILY sell those commercial spots that the NFL is giving them in exchange for carrying the channel.

Jan Reimers
11-23-2007, 01:20 PM
Simple solution. Get DirecTV including the NFL Sunday Ticket. I don't know how any rabid NFL fan can be without it.

LtFinFan66
11-23-2007, 01:31 PM
and on an entirely different note, I love the fact that DirecTV has the Big Ten Network as well

DraftBoy
11-23-2007, 01:37 PM
So do most you guys have the premier package?

OpIv37
11-23-2007, 02:09 PM
So do most you guys have the premier package?

I have the old Total Choice package + locals + HD + Tivo/DVR+ NFL Sunday Ticket and Superfan.

I may need to change my package to get the NHL network though. I really don't want to switch because I think I'll have to pay extra for some of the HD channels that are currently included n my HD package.

BlackMetalNinja
11-23-2007, 02:19 PM
I have the old Total Choice package + locals + HD + Tivo/DVR+ NFL Sunday Ticket and Superfan.

I may need to change my package to get the NHL network though. I really don't want to switch because I think I'll have to pay extra for some of the HD channels that are currently included n my HD package.

If you don't mind my asking, how much does that run you a month?

And can you break it down for what it would be minus the Sunday Ticket and Superfan as well...

DraftBoy
11-23-2007, 02:21 PM
Premier Package is like 79.99 a month, but that doesnt even include the NHL Network

djjimkelly
11-23-2007, 04:54 PM
im in canada i have directv becuz i have a address in michigan set up and have it go there. for any of you in the states not to have directv being a massive football fan is JUST CRAZY!!!!!!

mybills
11-23-2007, 05:22 PM
Cox cable has the game on! :phew:

Bone
11-23-2007, 07:10 PM
Time Warner is a joke CBS will have a game in HD and Ill go to the CBS HD channel for TW and its not even in HD!!

SquishDaFish
11-23-2007, 07:27 PM
This is my Bills breakdown. I get Superfan free but it is a one time $99 charge if you order it.

<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="510"><tbody><tr><td height="15" valign="top">11/03 </td><td height="15" valign="top">12/02 </td><td height="15" valign="top">TOTAL CHOICE PLUS Monthly </td><td align="right" height="15" nowrap="nowrap" valign="top"> 51.99</td><td align="right" height="15"> </td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="5">https://directv3.ebilling.com/ebill/prod/dtv/static/images/elements/trans.gif</td> </tr> <tr> <td height="15" valign="top">11/03 </td><td height="15" valign="top">12/02 </td><td height="15" valign="top">HBO Monthly </td><td align="right" height="15" nowrap="nowrap" valign="top"> 13.00</td><td align="right" height="15"> </td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="5">https://directv3.ebilling.com/ebill/prod/dtv/static/images/elements/trans.gif</td> </tr> <tr> <td height="15" valign="top">11/03 </td><td height="15" valign="top">12/02 </td><td height="15" valign="top">STARZ 3 Months Free </td><td align="right" height="15" nowrap="nowrap" valign="top"> 0.00</td><td align="right" height="15"> </td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="5">https://directv3.ebilling.com/ebill/prod/dtv/static/images/elements/trans.gif</td> </tr> <tr> <td height="15" valign="top">11/03 </td><td height="15" valign="top">12/02 </td><td height="15" valign="top">HD Access Monthly </td><td align="right" height="15" nowrap="nowrap" valign="top"> 9.99</td><td align="right" height="15"> </td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="5">https://directv3.ebilling.com/ebill/prod/dtv/static/images/elements/trans.gif</td> </tr> <tr> <td height="15" valign="top">07/06 </td><td height="15" valign="top">04/05 </td><td height="15" valign="top">NFL SUNDAY TICKET Superfan Special Free Offer </td><td align="right" height="15" nowrap="nowrap" valign="top"> 0.00</td><td align="right" height="15"> </td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="5">https://directv3.ebilling.com/ebill/prod/dtv/static/images/elements/trans.gif</td> </tr> <tr> <td height="15" valign="top">11/12 </td><td height="15" valign="top">12/11 </td><td height="15" valign="top">NFL SUNDAY TICKET Early Renewal in 5 Payments </td><td align="right" height="15" nowrap="nowrap" valign="top"> 45.80</td><td align="right" height="15"> </td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="5">https://directv3.ebilling.com/ebill/prod/dtv/static/images/elements/trans.gif</td> </tr> <tr> <td height="15" valign="top">03/01 </td><td height="15" valign="top">03/31 </td><td height="15" valign="top">NASCAR HotPass 2007 Early Bird in 2 Payments </td><td align="right" height="15" nowrap="nowrap" valign="top"> 0.00</td><td align="right" height="15"> </td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="5">https://directv3.ebilling.com/ebill/prod/dtv/static/images/elements/trans.gif</td> </tr> <tr> <td height="15" valign="top">11/03 </td><td height="15" valign="top">12/02 </td><td height="15" valign="top">Network: CBS HD Monthly </td><td align="right" height="15" nowrap="nowrap" valign="top"> 0.00</td><td align="right" height="15"> </td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="5">https://directv3.ebilling.com/ebill/prod/dtv/static/images/elements/trans.gif</td> </tr> <tr> <td height="15" valign="top">11/03 </td><td height="15" valign="top">12/02 </td><td height="15" valign="top">Network: FOX HD Monthly </td><td align="right" height="15" nowrap="nowrap" valign="top"> 0.00</td><td align="right" height="15"> </td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="5">https://directv3.ebilling.com/ebill/prod/dtv/static/images/elements/trans.gif</td> </tr> <tr> <td height="15" valign="top">11/03 </td><td height="15" valign="top">12/02 </td><td height="15" valign="top">Network: CBS from NYC/LA Monthly </td><td align="right" height="15" nowrap="nowrap" valign="top"> 2.25</td><td align="right" height="15"> </td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="5">https://directv3.ebilling.com/ebill/prod/dtv/static/images/elements/trans.gif</td> </tr> <tr> <td height="15" valign="top">11/03 </td><td height="15" valign="top">12/02 </td><td height="15" valign="top">Network: NBC HD Monthly </td><td align="right" height="15" nowrap="nowrap" valign="top"> 0.00</td><td align="right" height="15"> </td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="5">https://directv3.ebilling.com/ebill/prod/dtv/static/images/elements/trans.gif</td> </tr> <tr> <td height="15" valign="top">11/03 </td><td height="15" valign="top">12/02 </td><td height="15" valign="top">Network: ABC HD Monthly </td><td align="right" height="15" nowrap="nowrap" valign="top"> 0.00</td><td align="right" height="15"> </td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="5">https://directv3.ebilling.com/ebill/prod/dtv/static/images/elements/trans.gif</td> </tr> <tr> <td height="15" valign="top">11/03 </td><td height="15" valign="top">12/02 </td><td height="15" valign="top">Network: CW Monthly </td><td align="right" height="15" nowrap="nowrap" valign="top"> 1.50</td><td align="right" height="15"> </td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="5">https://directv3.ebilling.com/ebill/prod/dtv/static/images/elements/trans.gif</td> </tr> <tr> <td height="15" valign="top">11/03 </td><td height="15" valign="top">12/02 </td><td height="15" valign="top">DIRECTV DVR Service Monthly </td><td align="right" height="15" nowrap="nowrap" valign="top"> 5.99</td><td align="right" height="15">
</td></tr></tbody></table>

The Jokeman
11-23-2007, 08:17 PM

and see if Time Warner got there way you could get the NHL Network, NBA Network and all the Fox College sports grouping together for about $4 a month.

OpIv37
11-23-2007, 08:33 PM
and see if Time Warner got there way you could get the NHL Network, NBA Network and all the Fox College sports grouping together for about $4 a month.

irrelevant to me- first, everything in this area is Cox or Comcast. Second, I'm out of the Buffalo market, so if I want to watch Bills games, DirecTV is my only option. Third, I've got a lot of money tied up in Tivo and the DirecTV HD DVR so it would take a lot of months of $10 savings to make up for the cost of the equipment.

Ebenezer
11-23-2007, 08:35 PM
DirecTV....:up:

trapezeus
11-23-2007, 08:37 PM
Simple solution. Get DirecTV including the NFL Sunday Ticket. I don't know how any rabid NFL fan can be without it.

a large portion of this country simply can't get the dish...especially in nyc. i would if i could.

OpIv37
11-23-2007, 08:39 PM
a large portion of this country simply can't get the dish...especially in nyc. i would if i could.

you have to wonder why DirecTV doesn't put a bank of dishes on the roof of some of these buildings and get them wired up. They'd make the money back in a damn hurry.

In college, they gave us cable via Dish Network- there was some central location at the physical plant that received the signal then redistributed it over the campus's cable network. So it is technically possible- and that was 8 years ago.

Mr. Miyagi
11-23-2007, 11:09 PM
Its a bunch of crap bc I have Charter down here and they dont have NFL Network of course, and the only reason I got to see the Falcons implode last night was bc Im within the 50 mile radius circle. I cant wait to get my own place and get Direct TV!
I've moved from one side of the state to another, from Charter to Time Warner. Got screwed by both carriers. :ill:

BMN is right though. Do your research. NFL Network is ****** us as much as the cable carriers. That's what Sopcast is for. :up:

paladin warrior
11-24-2007, 01:01 AM
Time Warner Cable---->:duel: <---- Direct Tv network...

Yep Stuipd moron Time warner cable..Yesterday Colt vs Falcons was not on tv..Only Direct Network.. It suppose have good time On television on Thankgivings day for football.. I wish In the future Must fix and add on Time Warner cable Football network..

hurls
11-24-2007, 01:32 AM
Not sure if it was posted, but I thought I had an email saying I could've watched last night's game for free online. Anyone else get that?

LtFinFan66
11-24-2007, 01:36 AM
Funny how DirecTV and Dish Network carry the NFL network and cable companies claim that NFLN is to blame for them not carrying it

Funny again how DirecTV and the Dish Network both carry the Big Ten Network and cable companies claim that the BTN is to blame for them not carrying it.

Are we seeing a pattern here:idunno:

tat2dmike77
11-24-2007, 01:55 AM
i have to listen to this crap about the big ten network. People crying about not seeing a couple of OSU games. All because the big ten network wants to charge big ten states an extra dollar a month and non big ten states 30 cents a month. yeah that makes sense i mean not like the big ten doesn't make millons of dollars a year anyway. No they want to make more, just like time warner, just like NFL.

I could care less about not having NFLN. The only classic bills game they will ever show is the comeback game. I have it on DVD anyway so no biggie. I don't care about senior bowl or the practices. I could care less about the draft i have better things to do on a spring afternoon then waste the day watching the draft. I don't need to listen to marshall faulk, rich eisen or rod woodsen talk about how much they know about football. When in reality they know jack. Faulk said the bills would be lucky to win 2 games this year, said the dolphins would win 8 and the jets 10. Yeah hows that turning out for him. NFLN is just anther way for the NFL to suck more money out of fans. When they stop playing mediocre programs then maybe i will care until then i coould care less.

SquishDaFish
11-24-2007, 05:16 AM
Sorry TAT I disagree. NFL Network isnt great but its damn good. Offseason stil get to see some football I dont care what it is. I like the draft. Then they have predraft workout combine stuff. They have ALL the preseason games. And Direct TV has Big Ten Network for free and in HD.

acehole
11-24-2007, 07:09 AM

Dude your call will be a waste of time ....warner.

Go to a sports bar or get NFL sunday ticket...

Only on direct tv.

DynaPaul
11-24-2007, 07:36 AM
Time Warner and Comcast are toast anyway when Verizon FiOS moves in. It's that good and cheaper.

G. Host
11-24-2007, 08:04 AM
I don't know if I buy TW's excuse though. The cost didn't stop DirecTV, Dish Network, Cox or Comcast from providing it.
In order to get it on Cox you need to pay for digital and sports tier.
With DirectTV you need to pay through your @ss to get it so they do not mind completing the job.

NFL deserves as much of the blame as TW but go ahead and join Jerry Jones bandwagon.

This has to with NFL anyways so it is in wrong forum.

I wonder how much Jerry Jones has invested in DirectTV stock?

The Jokeman
11-24-2007, 08:48 AM
Time Warner and Comcast are toast anyway when Verizon FiOS moves in. It's that good and cheaper.
Which means calling India for tech support, no thank you. While I don't have a problem speaking to a guy an India who knows what he's doing and can understand me but talking to those that only know a few key sayings or can only respond to my question as he has learned I'd rather pay Time Warner and speak to a fellow obnoxious American.

Night Train
11-24-2007, 09:05 AM
and on an entirely different note, I love the fact that DirecTV has the Big Ten Network as well

Yup. I have Dish and it's part of the basic package. Now your favorite Big 10 team is always on ABC,ESPN or BTN.

OpIv37
11-24-2007, 12:54 PM
In order to get it on Cox you need to pay for digital and sports tier.
With DirectTV you need to pay through your @ss to get it so they do not mind completing the job.

NFL deserves as much of the blame as TW but go ahead and join Jerry Jones bandwagon.

This has to with NFL anyways so it is in wrong forum.

I wonder how much Jerry Jones has invested in DirectTV stock?

Not sure what you mean about paying through your ass to get DirecTV. I got my initial setup- dish and two receivers- for $50 and I think the installation was like $70 or something. And now they run specials so you can get a 4 room setup with a DVR or HD upgrade for free.

DraftBoy
11-24-2007, 01:26 PM

What is Verizon FiOS?

DraftBoy
11-24-2007, 01:29 PM

99 bucks a month for a package of all the movie channels, a complete sports package (not just football), along with more news/educational program is actually an excellent price imo.

I had Charter in college and we paid like 125 for cable and internet, but we only had the basic cable with a few movie channels.

That leads me to another question, if you guys who have DirectTV for cable, who do you use for internet? Do you use DSL from your phone company?

LtFinFan66
11-24-2007, 01:42 PM
I use Sprint High Speed DSL for internet to go along with my DTV

BlackMetalNinja
11-24-2007, 03:12 PM
Not sure what you mean about paying through your ass to get DirecTV. I got my initial setup- dish and two receivers- for $50 and I think the installation was like $70 or something. And now they run specials so you can get a 4 room setup with a DVR or HD upgrade for free.

And I'll repeat my previous question in regards to how much it costs you a month for the package you have + HD and HD/DVR. And also how much Sunday Ticket and Superfan run you in addition to that. You guys always tell me it's cheaper than cable, and I want to know for myself what the price comparison really is.

OpIv37
11-24-2007, 03:51 PM
And I'll repeat my previous question in regards to how much it costs you a month for the package you have + HD and HD/DVR. And also how much Sunday Ticket and Superfan run you in addition to that. You guys always tell me it's cheaper than cable, and I want to know for myself what the price comparison really is.

Well it's definitely not cheaper once you throw in the Sunday Ticket and Superfan. I know the base package is definitely cheaper for more channels- not sure how it compares once the extras are thrown in. Personally, I don't really care- between Sunday Ticket, the money I have invested in DirecTV equipment and the god-awful service from the local cable companies, I'm not switching.

G. Host said it was expensive to get set up for DirecTV and I just wanted to clarify that it's not really true. As far as how much it costs after that- I guess it depends on your local cable company and what options you get.

BlackMetalNinja
11-24-2007, 04:37 PM
Well it's definitely not cheaper once you throw in the Sunday Ticket and Superfan. I know the base package is definitely cheaper for more channels- not sure how it compares once the extras are thrown in. Personally, I don't really care- between Sunday Ticket, the money I have invested in DirecTV equipment and the god-awful service from the local cable companies, I'm not switching.

G. Host said it was expensive to get set up for DirecTV and I just wanted to clarify that it's not really true. As far as how much it costs after that- I guess it depends on your local cable company and what options you get.

That's why I was specifically asking you what it costs, unless you don't want to answer that, then fine. I'm honestly trying to compare between that and cable. I understand it's more with Sunday Ticket and Superfan thrown in, but I'm saying just for the package you have + the HD and the HD/DVR, because that's the least of what I'd want to get to start with too, and I really don't think it's going to be cheaper than my cable is for the most similar setup.

YardRat
11-24-2007, 06:04 PM
I pay $65/month for DirecTV...$45 for the basic service (which includes NFLN and the Big 10), $5 for local channels, and $5 each for three additional hook-ups. Installation was free via a promotion.

My internet/phone is through the local provider, about $85/month, and the internet hook-up is one level below the top available through them for residential service.

feldspar
11-24-2007, 06:57 PM
It's a huge steaming pile of crap that these games are being aired on anything other than regular network TV.

I live in a condo, and I can't get DirectTV even if I wanted to. I tried.

Why do they put them on NFL Network?

I won't be able to watch any of the Thursday or Saturday games again this year, and I always used to look forward to that. Now I sit there looking at the wall, knowing that there is a football game on that I'm not watching. I could go out, but that's a hassle.

OpIv37
11-25-2007, 01:45 PM
That's why I was specifically asking you what it costs, unless you don't want to answer that, then fine. I'm honestly trying to compare between that and cable. I understand it's more with Sunday Ticket and Superfan thrown in, but I'm saying just for the package you have + the HD and the HD/DVR, because that's the least of what I'd want to get to start with too, and I really don't think it's going to be cheaper than my cable is for the most similar setup.

I'll look it up after the game and let you know. They changed the packages around and I'm getting charged for some extras like the Ticket and credits for referral and some other stuff so I'm not entirely sure what the base package costs me off-hand.

tat2dmike77
11-25-2007, 11:21 PM
70 bucks to have directtv install. No thanks i will and can do it on my own.

NFLN is still over rated in my book. More power to ya if you enjoy preseason games i don't.

LtFinFan66
11-26-2007, 01:59 AM
Doubtful Lloyd Carr licker

superbills
11-26-2007, 09:35 AM
Premier Package is like 79.99 a month, but that doesnt even include the NHL Network

Yes it does. NHL Network is available in all packages starting with the Choice Xtra pack at 54.99/month.

Also, in regards to installs you can likely get DirecTV to install for free if you are a new customer. Call them and tell them you're switching from Cable and they'll be happy to accommodate you.

DynaPaul
12-08-2007, 07:00 PM
What is Verizon FiOS?

It's their all fiber network that replaces the copper up on the poles. The bandwidth is unbelievable. I work for Verizon and did 4 FiOS installs in the Albany area. (I do installs in the phone company buildings for the network backbone.) When I was testing the internet speeds I got 30MBs downloads from the net and the HDTV is awesome. The fiber can pump through WAY more HDTV channels then Time Warner ever will on coaxial cable. The only downer is that a lot of areas have to wait to get it since it takes a lot of time and money to do an area. You get the whole phone/internet/cable package off of one fiber and its priced the same as TW.

Oh yeah, and no you will not be talking to some guy in India for tech support like one poster said.

FatalShot
12-08-2007, 11:26 PM
Yeah. I couldn't believe it. I didn't care too much about the game, but i was kind've angered that it wasn't on TV!

NorthCarBills
12-09-2007, 06:26 AM

I stopped with that crap company TW cable 10 years ago and went with DTV.

Example: A local Raleigh news troubleshooting team helped an 80 year old woman who has not had cable since 1997, and has since moved three times. In the mail a few months ago, she received a bill from TW for more than $500 in late fees, saying she never officially canceled the account (she says she asked for it to be turned off when she dropped off her last check at the TW office). Needless to say the help she received was necessary and she got out of it. But think of all the time and resources they spent trying to track down this poor lady, all from an original late fee of $1.50.