PDA

View Full Version : Newman: Looking forward to my big chance

PA Season Ticket Holder
03-30-2003, 01:01 PM
MANHATTAN, Kan. (March 26, 2003) -- I'm really looking forward to the NFL. It's a dream I've had since I was a little kid. Once a team picks me up in the draft, it will be my childhood dream come true and one of my goals will have been accomplished.

Then it'll be a good time to set new goals. I'm interested in playing against the premier receivers at the highest level. That's something I always wanted to do and can't wait to do.

The Combine was amazing. Interacting with all the players was great -- seeing how they do things, where they came from, comparing it to what you did, and seeing how they perform under pressure.

I didn't get a lot of sleep while I was there. My roommate (CB Kevin Garrett of SMU) snored a lot. He was a little under the weather and kept me up all night. The snoring was loud because he was all stuffed up. That was one thing I didn't like, but he was a great roommate and a cool guy. I'm happy I got the chance to meet him.

I never really take any mental notes when I see others play. I figure that if I do everything I can do, nothing else should matter because if I work hard enough and turn in more effort than the next man, I should become a better player over time. I know what I have to work on and improve. I won't let what anyone else does affect my game.

http://nfl.com/draft/story/6277592